112 replies to this topic

#1 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:48 PM

I mainly want to start a discussion of what Marvel can possibly do to DC, since popular vote DC is superior to Marvel?

So every Marvel entity of any reality vs DC's strongest ever, of any dimension?

i.e we can have all versions of galactus at the same time, as well as every version of Magneto, but we can only have one each of DC's people, so only one Superman, but e can have Superman Prime too, you know what I mean.

Let's begin! lets be polite and no name calling, I won't name names, but we should all be adults about this. They are only comics.

we all know in real life we have much greater things to name call.

#2 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,287 posts
  • Interests:Comics from the 90's. Movies. RPG's.

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:56 PM

I mainly want to start a discussion of what Marvel can possibly do to DC, since popular vote DC is superior to Marvel?

So every Marvel entity of any reality vs DC's strongest ever, of any dimension?

i.e we can have all versions of galactus at the same time, as well as every version of Magneto, but we can only have one each of DC's people, so only one Superman, but e can have Superman Prime too, you know what I mean.

Let's begin! lets be polite and no name calling, I won't name names, but we should all be adults about this. They are only comics.

we all know in real life we have much greater things to name call.

Marvel/DC matches are a bad idea.. *unless you stick to certain tiers*

Marvels baseline is something like Spiderman level.

DC's average character is on Superman level.

Those are their iconic 'face' characters...

Example... lets say start with 'A'

Amazo... Powers: Entire Justice League's abilites, plus can add to that without limit.

Marvel's equivalent would be Mimic... compare the two, see what I mean...

#3 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:15 AM

Marvel/DC matches are a bad idea.. *unless you stick to certain tiers*

Marvels baseline is something like Spiderman level.

DC's average character is on Superman level.

Those are their iconic 'face' characters...

Example... lets say start with 'A'

Amazo... Powers: Entire Justice League's abilites, plus can add to that without limit.

Marvel's equivalent would be Mimic... compare the two, see what I mean...

I know, but they also make for good threads,

I can just picture every version of Galactus, all in space ready to fight lol.

#4 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • 2,775 posts
  • Location:Hmm, I can't decide between planet Krypton or planet Vegeta
  • Interests:Being a nerd. Video games, comics, not very good at sports, all that stuff.

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:31 AM

The fact is, DC's characters are just more powerful then Marvels.

But that doesn't matter since Marvel still has better comics. :o

#5 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:29 AM

[quote name='SSGoku' date='Jun 30 2011, 02:31 AM' post='232474']
The fact is, DC's characters are just more powerful then Marvels.

I get that, this was to talk about what Marvel could do to DC. i.e. what plan could they form to combat all of DC. This will be DC showing up to Marvel and taking action, no prep time except that they are going to fight until the last man.

Can the Shiar, etc.. people, villains, cosmics, gods, form a plan? if so what would entail?

#6 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:12 AM

In my opinion, DC has better comics art and writing wise.

#7 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:00 AM

Imperiex Prime easily has the potential power to destroy the likes of Galactus. He has all the power of the Big Bang inside him and at his disposal. Galactus was made as a part of the big bang by his creator.

#8 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:45 AM

In my opinion, DC has better comics art and writing wise.

THANOSISAWESOME thinks DC has better writers and and comic art. Hmm seems a bit cliche you know with the whole THANOS thing. But to the OP the popular vote on this site USUALLY go to MARVEL and not DC. and when the reboot happens I'm pretty sure no one will have those same power levels anymore.

and Marvels side is weaker physically but on power levels they are about the same. You have omega mutants, Gods, and heroes who are just as powerful as their DC counterparts. DC just has the physical aspect of it hands down(higher base for strength and speed). Marvel counters that with their telepaths of which X-Men alone has most of them. So it really is the same. If a war broke out most of marvel would be gone in second but once they get footing they in turn wipe out 90 percent of DC through mind control and reality warpers. so all in all the fight between universes would be a massacre of which it will only be people like darwin, cannonball, dazzler, mr.immortal, and deadpool left because they are TRULY immortal same as with the immortals of DC. the war would never be won because there is no way to completely kill the other side. lol so it is a TIE.

Oh and Falcon your wrong. Galactus was born years BEFORE the big bang. sorry guy look it up.

#9 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:55 AM

Oh and Falcon your wrong. Galactus was born years BEFORE the big bang. sorry guy look it up

Well yes and no. Galactus was born after the Big Bang, Galan on the other hand was born before it.

#10 Guest_Ivan_*

Guest_Ivan_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:00 AM

Ahem. Anyone who says Marvel is (whatever) but DC is (totally different) DOES NOT ACTUALLY READ COMICS. Marvel has just as many incredibly powerful characters as DC. Marvel's stories are not better, or worse, than DC's. You're all just pissing in the wind and complaining about the rain.

#11 OMFG

OMFG

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:06 AM

Ahem. Anyone who says Marvel is (whatever) but DC is (totally different) DOES NOT ACTUALLY READ COMICS. Marvel has just as many incredibly powerful characters as DC. Marvel's stories are not better, or worse, than DC's. You're all just pissing in the wind and complaining about the rain.

It depends on your likings really.
If you prefer reading about a Spider Powered guy fighting Street Level Villains, Marvel is for you
If you prefer reading about a increadibly strong Alien fighting World Destroying Villains than you should read DC.

Some examples, still other things that you could or couldn't like.

#12 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:11 AM

Well yes and no. Galactus was born after the Big Bang, Galan on the other hand was born before it.

they are one in the same so........ it's not like Galactus would like but galan dies. lol its like peter parker and spider man. and I gave a complete break down of why they are the same. Thank you Ivan for breaking it down for them.

#13 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:56 PM

THANOSISAWESOME thinks DC has better writers and and comic art. Hmm seems a bit cliche you know with the whole THANOS thing.

...are you complaining that someone is not showing overt favortism? :o

#14 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • 2,775 posts
  • Location:Hmm, I can't decide between planet Krypton or planet Vegeta
  • Interests:Being a nerd. Video games, comics, not very good at sports, all that stuff.

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:39 PM

THANOSISAWESOME thinks DC has better writers and and comic art. Hmm seems a bit cliche you know with the whole THANOS thing. But to the OP the popular vote on this site USUALLY go to MARVEL and not DC. and when the reboot happens I'm pretty sure no one will have those same power levels anymore.

and Marvels side is weaker physically but on power levels they are about the same. You have omega mutants, Gods, and heroes who are just as powerful as their DC counterparts. DC just has the physical aspect of it hands down(higher base for strength and speed). Marvel counters that with their telepaths of which X-Men alone has most of them. So it really is the same. If a war broke out most of marvel would be gone in second but once they get footing they in turn wipe out 90 percent of DC through mind control and reality warpers. so all in all the fight between universes would be a massacre of which it will only be people like darwin, cannonball, dazzler, mr.immortal, and deadpool left because they are TRULY immortal same as with the immortals of DC. the war would never be won because there is no way to completely kill the other side. lol so it is a TIE.

Oh and Falcon your wrong. Galactus was born years BEFORE the big bang. sorry guy look it up.

Everything said here is 100% absolutely true. Good job xman4life.

#15 Scar

Scar

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Interests:Good reading, good eats, good friends, good times, bad times, how to make the bad times good, the darkest of the dark and how to drag the good stuff and good people out of the muck.

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:36 PM

Good comics have nothing to do with the company they're published under and everything to do with the individual talents working on them. The same which can be said for books, movies and just about everything else.

*Quick Edit*

And if "character power" is an important factor in good writing to you, then it really says a lot about your complete lack of taste.

#16 Lunacyde

Lunacyde

Don't feed him after midnight

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Guns, Sports, History, Politics, Mythology, Environmental studies,Nature, Spirituality, Survival Skills, etc.

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:40 PM

It depends on your likings really.
If you prefer reading about a Spider Powered guy fighting Street Level Villains, Marvel is for you
If you prefer reading about a increadibly strong Alien fighting World Destroying Villains than you should read DC.

Some examples, still other things that you could or couldn't like.

Far too oversimplified. Taking one flagship character and saying you would enjoy the entire company if you like them is a bit rash. There are millions of characters who populate each Multiverse. Anyone intelligent picks and chooses from all companies instead of showing blatant fanboyism toward either side. Also Ivan is correct, both big companies are essentially the same.

#17 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:41 PM

Imperiex Prime easily has the potential power to destroy the likes of Galactus. He has all the power of the Big Bang inside him and at his disposal. Galactus was made as a part of the big bang by his creator.

So he's got all the materials that makes up one universe, which gran s him the equivalence of say, universal/cosmic scale reality warping?

Galactus at full power has multi-universal reality warping powers.

Or is there something else I'"m not getting?

#18 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:21 PM

So he's got all the materials that makes up one universe, which gran s him the equivalence of say, universal/cosmic scale reality warping?

Galactus at full power has multi-universal reality warping powers.

Or is there something else I'"m not getting?

Galan was turned into Galactus by some of the power of the Big Bang being fused into him by a being I cant remember but so did Aegis and Tenebrous. So the three of them equal the power of the Big Bang. Imperiex Prime equals the Big Bang himself. So he should have the power of all three of the others combined.

Also xman4life - Galan only survived the Big Bang because a higher power allowed him to. Then that higher power gave him powers to become Galactus.

#19 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:09 PM

You're completely right.

You're also talking to a load of brick walls. Most CBUBers are too blind to see past their own misconceptions.

Good comics have nothing to do with the company they're published under and everything to do with the individual talents working on them. The same which can be said for books, movies and just about everything else.

*Quick Edit*

And if "character power" is an important factor in good writing to you, then it really says a lot about your complete lack of taste.

You are also right good sir.

#20 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:37 PM

You're completely right.

You're also talking to a load of brick walls. Most CBUBers are too blind to see past their own misconceptions.

You are also right good sir.

It is all a matter of opinion and whether you agree with it or not, its what some of us enjoy discussing on here. Its not that we are "brick walls". Its the fact that we enjoy Marvel and DC comics above all others and enjoy comparing and contrasting characters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users