78 replies to this topic

#61 Imperius Rex

Imperius Rex

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:54 PM

Batman and Jason Todd have more than enough skills to win this engagement and achieve it without too much trouble. In case people forgot, they were partners for years before Jason died. So they know how to work well together.

#62 Scar

Scar

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Interests:Good reading, good eats, good friends, good times, bad times, how to make the bad times good, the darkest of the dark and how to drag the good stuff and good people out of the muck.

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:10 PM

Batman and Jason Todd have more than enough skills to win this engagement and achieve it without too much trouble. In case people forgot, they were partners for years before Jason died. So they know how to work well together.

Todd's method of operation is very different from when he was Robin. It was one of the main reasons that Batman was so unwilling to accept his identity at first. They're a lot less alike now then Fury & Castle. Plus, as Lunacyde and I discussed earlier, Castle's right up there with Batman on base skill level. This fight is really too close to call, though if I had to choose I think that I'd go with team 2 since Fury isn't really up to par when it comes to actual front line experience these days.

#63 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:32 PM

Todd's method of operation is very different from when he was Robin. It was one of the main reasons that Batman was so unwilling to accept his identity at first. They're a lot less alike now then Fury & Castle. Plus, as Lunacyde and I discussed earlier, Castle's right up there with Batman on base skill level. This fight is really too close to call, though if I had to choose I think that I'd go with team 2 since Fury isn't really up to par when it comes to actual front line experience these days.

I agree as well. I just hate to hear people waive off frank like he is a guy with a gun. For christ sake the guy killed more than half of the people hood sent after him and they ALL had super powers and if it wasn't for that healing ability Daken would have been dead as hell,because for anybody who DIDN'T read that comic Punisher was beating Dakens ass in the sewer and then blew him up. Frank needs more respect than that same goes for Nick fury(worlds greatest spy) you get that title for a reason. I would love to see Punisher as the new man without fear.

Oh and side note just because batman knows over 127 different types of martial arts doesn't necessarily mean he is a better fighter. I remember wonder woman humiliating batman during a altercation. Knowing how to fight is knowing how to fight point blank which means all of those fancy kicks you see in kung fu doesn't work in REAL life and that goes for comics as well. You make what works for you work for you. you can block a kick or duck a kick, either way if the kick doesn't hit you thats the point. So who's to say Batman would beat the hell out of punisher especially when this man has years upon years fighting experience himself against all sorts of enemies. To sum it up MMA shows exactly what I'm trying to say. Anderson silva is a champion but does that mean if he fought someone like mike tyson in his prime or lennox lewis in his prime he would win just because he knows multiple styles?

#64 Scar

Scar

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Interests:Good reading, good eats, good friends, good times, bad times, how to make the bad times good, the darkest of the dark and how to drag the good stuff and good people out of the muck.

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:38 PM

I agree as well. I just hate to hear people waive off frank like he is a guy with a gun. For christ sake the guy killed more than half of the people hood sent after him and they ALL had super powers and if it wasn't for that healing ability Daken would have been dead as hell,because for anybody who DIDN'T read that comic Punisher was beating Dakens ass in the sewer and then blew him up. Frank needs more respect than that same goes for Nick fury(worlds greatest spy) you get that title for a reason. I would love to see Punisher as the new man without fear.

Oh and side note just because batman knows over 127 different types of martial arts doesn't necessarily mean he is a better fighter. I remember wonder woman humiliating batman during a altercation. Knowing how to fight is knowing how to fight point blank which means all of those fancy kicks you see in kung fu doesn't work in REAL life and that goes for comics as well. You make what works for you work for you. you can block a kick or duck a kick, either way if the kick doesn't hit you thats the point. So who's to say Batman would beat the hell out of punisher especially when this man has years upon years fighting experience himself against all sorts of enemies. To sum it up MMA shows exactly what I'm trying to say. Anderson silva is a champion but does that mean if he fought someone like mike tyson in his prime or lennox lewis in his prime he would win just because he knows multiple styles?

He'd certainly make a better one then Black Panther (the guy's married to a demigod, he's afraid for his life at one point every month).

As far as the Anderson Silva bit, I'd put him over Tyson seeing that Anderson is a champion mixed martial artist, giving him more versatility then Tyson in the ring. I can't recall who Lennox Lewis is, however the name does sound familiar.

Also, there's no way for a human being to have specific knowledge of, or know over 127 martial art styles and until somebody gives me actual proof (IN COMIC PANEL FORM!!! NO WIKI FOR SCAR!!!) then I refuse to accept that Batman is a part of that master of every martial art bullshit. I know that this is comics, but for shit sakes writers common sense dictates that it's impossible for anyone to be a master of that many forms of anything and still constitute as human.

#65 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Location:Hmm, I can't decide between planet Krypton or planet Vegeta
  • Interests:Being a nerd. Video games, comics, not very good at sports, all that stuff.

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:07 AM

He'd certainly make a better one then Black Panther (the guy's married to a demigod, he's afraid for his life at one point every month).

As far as the Anderson Silva bit, I'd put him over Tyson seeing that Anderson is a champion mixed martial artist, giving him more versatility then Tyson in the ring. I can't recall who Lennox Lewis is, however the name does sound familiar.

Also, there's no way for a human being to have specific knowledge of, or know over 127 martial art styles and until somebody gives me actual proof (IN COMIC PANEL FORM!!! NO WIKI FOR SCAR!!!) then I refuse to accept that Batman is a part of that master of every martial art bullshit. I know that this is comics, but for shit sakes writers common sense dictates that it's impossible for anyone to be a master of that many forms of anything and still constitute as human.

Thats the point. Batman isn't human, DC has never openly said this, but they've been hinting at it ever since Batman batkicked The Spectre. The truth is, Batman does indeed have powers. Reality warping powers to be exact, on a level equell or greater to The Presence. So, if Batman wants to know 127 martial art styles, he can just bend reality so that its possible.

#66 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:10 AM

Exactly. punisher is way more believable as the man without fear

Lennox Lewis beat Evander holyfield to become champion back in 2002(I think) but he was undefeated and the ones he DID lose he won in rematches.

Now again I have seen batman beat SOLOMON GRUNDY!!!!!! through pressure points but wonder woman tossed batman aside like nothing and even Batman said she was the best melee fighter he has seen. and that is exactly what Frank is a melee fighter(he fights dirty, uses the environment, and does cheap shots) he is not above letting batman get in close and kicking him in the nuts and slitting his throat. or playing possum and shooting him in the head. Frank doesn't have to have the "BAT KICK" he can take a beating, bite your nose off, throw sand in your eyes and beat you to death with a book. It's not as pretty as nightwing swooping in with a ninja kick but it works just as fine. I say frank can hang with batman hand to hand.

#67 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:15 AM

Thats the point. Batman isn't human, DC has never openly said this, but they've been hinting at it ever since Batman batkicked The Spectre. The truth is, Batman does indeed have powers. Reality warping powers to be exact, on a level equell or greater to The Presence. So, if Batman wants to know 127 martial art styles, he can just bend reality so that its possible.

LMAO Batman only lives through mercy and ULTRA luck. First time he fought Lady Shiva she could have killed him but she CHOSE not to. Same with bronze Tiger. Wonder woman could have ripped him in half when they had an altercation, same with green lantern, and almost EVERY villain he came across outside of gotham except for al ghul, bane, and hush.

#68 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • 2,775 posts
  • Interests:Being a nerd. Video games, comics, not very good at sports, all that stuff.

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:03 AM

Now again I have seen batman beat SOLOMON GRUNDY!!!!!! through pressure points but wonder woman tossed batman aside like nothing and even Batman said she was the best melee fighter he has seen. and that is exactly what Frank is a melee fighter(he fights dirty, uses the environment, and does cheap shots) he is not above letting batman get in close and kicking him in the nuts and slitting his throat. or playing possum and shooting him in the head. Frank doesn't have to have the "BAT KICK" he can take a beating, bite your nose off, throw sand in your eyes and beat you to death with a book. It's not as pretty as nightwing swooping in with a ninja kick but it works just as fine. I say frank can hang with batman hand to hand.

Now I can't get the image of Punisher biting Batmans nose off out of my head.

#69 Boratz

Boratz

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:32 AM

Nick Fury and the Punisher

#70 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:35 AM

If by hang with you mean Batman beats him so badly that Punisher is rushed to ER, then yes. Punisher has nothing that can hurt Bats. Punisher would be lucky to land a signal blow.

#71 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:38 AM

Nick Fury and the Punisher

Lose?

#72 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:50 AM

If by hang with you mean Batman beats him so badly that Punisher is rushed to ER, then yes. Punisher has nothing that can hurt Bats. Punisher would be lucky to land a signal blow.

I'm sorry, but so far you've submitted nothing to this debate other then opinion and blind fanboyism. If you think Batman wins thats fine, just state why, with facts, not with opinion. All you keep doing is stating how much more skilled Batman is then Punisher and Fury, umm, ok...anything else to add, or is that your complete argument?

#73 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:32 PM

Todd and Bruce win becuase Punisher and Fury have not the skill or experience to win in a 2 on 2 fight against a team as skilled as these two.

#74 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:16 PM

Todd and Bruce win becuase Punisher and Fury have not the skill or experience to win in a 2 on 2 fight against a team as skilled as these two.

More skill YES more experience NO. Team one together is over 160 years old with TONS of wartime, special ops experience.. team two together is 60 PUSHING it. Why do you keep saying that when punisher feats are so stacked it's not funny same as nick fury. You really must look down on them. lol

#75 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:23 PM

More skill YES more experience NO. Team one together is over 160 years old with TONS of wartime, special ops experience.. team two together is 60 PUSHING it. Why do you keep saying that when punisher feats are so stacked it's not funny same as nick fury. You really must look down on them. lol

The majority of Fury and Punisher's experience is WARTIME experience.

Mass battles, or in a lot of Punisher's experience, 1 vs. large groups.

That kind of experience is next to useless in a 1on1 fight, which is essentially what this match-up is.

Hence, Batman and Jason Todd has the experience advantage in this fight.

#76 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:20 PM

That kind of experience is next to useless in a 1on1 fight, which is essentially what this match-up is.

Having wartime experience is the best because they BOTH are trained to be independent. So that works GREAT for a one on one fight. even if they work as a team they are still in there because they are trained special ops people having to rely on a team so I'm pretty sure they will be ok. And this fight is nowhere near a stomp. And also to touch on shield gadgets. LMD(life model decoys) Hologam machines, pills that alter your appearance, invisibility machines, cloaking tech, every type of gun imaginable, tasers, smoke bombs, exo suits and the whole nine. Shield has EVERYTHING batman has if not more. Thats why I said shield gadgets. any ones he choose.

#77 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:15 AM

Having wartime experience is the best because they BOTH are trained to be independent. So that works GREAT for a one on one fight. even if they work as a team they are still in there because they are trained special ops people having to rely on a team so I'm pretty sure they will be ok. And this fight is nowhere near a stomp. And also to touch on shield gadgets. LMD(life model decoys) Hologam machines, pills that alter your appearance, invisibility machines, cloaking tech, every type of gun imaginable, tasers, smoke bombs, exo suits and the whole nine. Shield has EVERYTHING batman has if not more. Thats why I said shield gadgets. any ones he choose.

Soldiers are trained to be a unit. most of all but yes they have some training to be individuals but the majority is be a large team.

also I think they were looking for what gadgets Fury caries with him on a day to day basis.

#78 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:45 PM

Soldiers are trained to be a unit. most of all but yes they have some training to be individuals but the majority is be a large team.

also I think they were looking for what gadgets Fury caries with him on a day to day basis.

and in this case you have two soldiers who were trained special ops so they were trained to be an individual. so their training would come in handy.

#79 Scar

Scar

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:46 PM

No they don't. Both Fury and Castle have fought in one on one situations all the time, no less or more often then either Todd or Batman. The same can be said vice versa, with Todd and Wayne regularly fighting groups of thugs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users