Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:28 PM

Agreed.

#5 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:38 PM

Jason Todd was trained by Ra's Al Ghul and Batman. Jason almost beat Bruce Wayne himself and owned Nightwing as well as Tim Drake in a fight. Batman obviously speaks for himself. Jason Todd is seriously underrated some times. Jason beats Punisher with ease. Nick Fury and Batman I still say just like in the other thread that its a even match. Nick Fury if he has Shield's weapons would give Batman a hard time and Nick has the experience as well. Nick Fury also trains with Batman so he would be able to keep with Batman in H2H. But in the end Nick would lose as Batman and Jason Todd are too skilled together then Team one.

#6 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Location:Hmm, I can't decide between planet Krypton or planet Vegeta
  • Interests:Being a nerd. Video games, comics, not very good at sports, all that stuff.

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:48 PM

I say team 2, but not in a stomp. It will be a hard fought battle, but in the end, team 2 manages to pull a win.

#7 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:30 PM

This is basically Batman and Batman with guns vs. Nick Fury and Castle.

Fury are Castle are highly skilled, no doubt about it but Team 2 just has so many skills and gadgets to pull off the win, plus the years of team work as oppose to team 1.

#8 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:31 PM

Fury are Castle are highly skilled, no doubt about it but Team 2 just has so many skills and gadgets to pull off the win, plus the years of team work as oppose to team 1.

Nick fury has hella gadgets too.

#9 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:34 PM

Punisher is a weak link.

#10 Scar

Scar

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Interests:Good reading, good eats, good friends, good times, bad times, how to make the bad times good, the darkest of the dark and how to drag the good stuff and good people out of the muck.

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:45 PM

Punisher is a weak link.

You're the weak link.

Posted Image

And yes, that's blood on the M-16. Punisher is not the slouch in melee that everybody keeps saying he is and is easily on the same level as the others in this list and as far as actual full fledged conventional warfare is concerned he and Fury leave Batman and Todd in the dust. Team one has my vote.

#11 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • 2,775 posts
  • Interests:Being a nerd. Video games, comics, not very good at sports, all that stuff.

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:46 PM

You're the weak link.

Posted Image

And yes, that's blood on the M-16. Punisher is not the slouch in melee that everybody keeps saying he is and is easily on the same level as the others in this list and as far as actual full fledged conventional warfare is concerned he and Fury leave Batman and Todd in the dust. Team one has my vote.

DAMN STRAIGHT!

#12 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:58 PM

Um sorry but as far as experience team one has it. they are both war VETS. fury is a ww2 vet and castle is a vietnam vet. Now then you have the strength of opponents which goes to team two quite easily. skills dunno nick fury is the worlds best spy for a reason but that is also why batman is the worlds greatest detective. so I dunno I think its pretty even.

#13 Scar

Scar

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Interests:Good reading, good eats, good friends, good times, bad times, how to make the bad times good, the darkest of the dark and how to drag the good stuff and good people out of the muck.

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:11 PM

Um sorry but as far as experience team one has it. they are both war VETS. fury is a ww2 vet and castle is a vietnam vet. Now then you have the strength of opponents which goes to team two quite easily. skills dunno nick fury is the worlds best spy for a reason but that is also why batman is the worlds greatest detective. so I dunno I think its pretty even.

I kind of think Batman and Fury are on equal terms to people that fill their rogues list, what with Hydra and all that.

#14 Lunacyde

Lunacyde

Don't feed him after midnight

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Guns, Sports, History, Politics, Mythology, Environmental studies,Nature, Spirituality, Survival Skills, etc.

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:08 PM

You're the weak link.

Posted Image

Frank is not a slouch in melee by any means, but he is also not on Batman's level by any means also. That picture, impressive as it is, really doesn't say a whole lot in context. Killing a bunch of faceless nameless cannon fodder goons in comics is something everyone does at some point.

Bruce is one of the top pure martial artists in the DC Universe. He has mastered over 127 forms of combat. He has fought countless other top martial artists and been commended by many as well.

#15 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:28 PM

I never said that Batman and Jason were more experienced in battle. I said they were more experienced as a team. So you have a good team against to individuals that dont see eye to eye. Now again both men on team 1 are highly skilled but when it comes down to one on one combat, I have to give it to Team 2. They have show time and again the ability to take down stronger, faster, and more powerful opponents together and alone.

#16 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:07 PM

Fury and Punisher have a big advantage as they are both willing to use lethal force, as opposed to team 2 where only Todd is. But, team 2 has the advantage in skill. If they were to get this up close, Batman and Jason Todd woils win. I previously said team 2 would win, but after thinking about it, I'm not so sure. I mean, guns are a big advantage. Yeah team 2 both go up against guns regularly, but Fury and Castle have never been behind the guns. Err , this is hard. Hmm... I'm gonna say team 2 pulls the win 6/10 times, just because Batman has armor which will defend against the bullets.

#17 Scar

Scar

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:37 AM

Frank is not a slouch in melee by any means, but he is also not on Batman's level by any means also. That picture, impressive as it is, really doesn't say a whole lot in context. Killing a bunch of faceless nameless cannon fodder goons in comics is something everyone does at some point.

Bruce is one of the top pure martial artists in the DC Universe. He has mastered over 127 forms of combat. He has fought countless other top martial artists and been commended by many as well.

And Frank Castle has gone toe to toe with Wolverine, Daken, Daredevil and a number of others that are in Batman's league. Just because batman has.. mastered.. okay I'm sorry but I have to get this off my chest.

To become a "master" of a specific form of martial arts does not involve as little time and effort as DC comics puts into it. It takes not months, not years, but decades. It is humanly impossible for me to take any character seriously who's background describes them as such. Batman... and I don't care what DC, or what anyone says to the contrary.. hell I don't care what the *writers* say, is not a master of any type of martial arts. What he is a mixed martial artist, a efficient street fighter and a versatile hand to hand combatant. If the people who write that drivel would just take the time to do a little research, they'd understand how absolutely *absurd* and *ridiculous* that statement is.

Now, in my opinion Bruce is a better martial artists then Frank, hands down. In pure basic, clean hand to hand combat I'm pretty sure that he'd win. But that's never been Frank's shtick. Frank has always been a down, dirty & lethal fighter. The kind of guy that will throw sand in your eyes, choke you with barb wire and step on your balls with the heel of his boot. He's easily on Batman's level when it comes to his ability as a fighter. Not a martial artist, but a pure base line fighter, the kind of guy that you take to war. I'm not saying that he'll beat Batman in a base line street fight at all, what I'm saying is that it's not as one sided as everyone says it is. It's much closer then people keep saying it is.

And by the way, those aren't nobodies. They're the NVA. And doing that to the NVA is a hell of a lot more impressive to me then a bunch of nobodies from the League of Assassins, or a bunch of goons from Gotham.

*Quick Edit* Don't take this as me ragging on Batman. I love him to death. I'm just trying to make it clear that him and Frank are a lot closer in skill levels then most people think. Also, a belated welcome to the site Lunacyde, nice to see a new member with a brain in their skull cavity.

#18 shellsbut

shellsbut

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:19 AM

Team 2 has it but iit would be close (also which verwsion of the Punisher?). If they had their resources behind him team 1 would take it and it would be a stomp. Fury would never put himself in such a position. Punisher well wants to die.

#19 shellsbut

shellsbut

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:22 AM

I have to post again, It says nothing about what is backing them up so team 1 crushes em. Fury backed by SHIELD easily takes out Batman and Nightwing.

so the only way team 2 wins is if it a out right two on two fight no weapons and even then it is close. Every other way team 1

hmmmm This is a really hard choice I can see both sides winning depending on the setup of the fight . Could you put it more variables or is this a 2 on 2 street fight no weapons?

So 2 on 2 no weapons team 1
2 on 2 with weapons/gadgets team 2 but could go either way
2 on 2 with resources backing them team 2 easily because of SHIELD

Good job Xman4life tough call depending on the variables

#20 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:58 AM

And Frank Castle has gone toe to toe with Wolverine, Daken, Daredevil and a number of others that are in Batman's league. Just because batman has.. mastered.. okay I'm sorry but I have to get this off my chest.

To become a "master" of a specific form of martial arts does not involve as little time and effort as DC comics puts into it. It takes not months, not years, but decades. It is humanly impossible for me to take any character seriously who's background describes them as such. Batman... and I don't care what DC, or what anyone says to the contrary.. hell I don't care what the *writers* say, is not a master of any type of martial arts. What he is a mixed martial artist, a efficient street fighter and a versatile hand to hand combatant. If the people who write that drivel would just take the time to do a little research, they'd understand how absolutely *absurd* and *ridiculous* that statement is.

Now, in my opinion Bruce is a better martial artists then Frank, hands down. In pure basic, clean hand to hand combat I'm pretty sure that he'd win. But that's never been Frank's shtick. Frank has always been a down, dirty & lethal fighter. The kind of guy that will throw sand in your eyes, choke you with barb wire and step on your balls with the heel of his boot. He's easily on Batman's level when it comes to his ability as a fighter. Not a martial artist, but a pure base line fighter, the kind of guy that you take to war. I'm not saying that he'll beat Batman in a base line street fight at all, what I'm saying is that it's not as one sided as everyone says it is. It's much closer then people keep saying it is.

And by the way, those aren't nobodies. They're the NVA. And doing that to the NVA is a hell of a lot more impressive to me then a bunch of nobodies from the League of Assassins, or a bunch of goons from Gotham.

*Quick Edit* Don't take this as me ragging on Batman. I love him to death. I'm just trying to make it clear that him and Frank are a lot closer in skill levels then most people think. Also, a belated welcome to the site Lunacyde, nice to see a new member with a brain in their skull cavity.

Actually, it is simply not as close as you are saying it is. In a street fight, h2h, Batman will annihilate Punisher every time with ease. All of those victories you stated are 100% PIS. And as dumb as it may be that Batman has mastered every martial art, it has happened. So, yeah. And you can take a character seriously that gets shot in the ribs with a shotgun and stabbed in the spine, and then throws someone out a window? Yeah. NVA? Is that a joke? NVA were poorly equipped and for the most part poorly trained.

Don't take this as me trying to insult you or anything, I just don't see how some tough guy with military training and some truing from Cap will beat Batman.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users