• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#41 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:33 PM

Okay well Aang is master of air bending, if she throws a tornado at him all he has to do is send wind blowing in the opposite direction and cancel it out. Or he could send wind with a higher or lower pressure which will mess with her control. Things like rain, ice, fog, etc. can all be controlled by Aang as well. We all agree that Storm can't control earth and fire, well Aang can do everything she can and more. Please don't ignore the fact he can tap into any of his past lives and use their technique. Aang won't kill but he can definitely subdue her. I wonder what would happen if he used that technique he used on Ozai(it took away his bending) would have some sort of effect on Storm?

Edit: forgot to say that I am not buying into the whole "Storm controls it he can't manipulate it" I think if they are both trying to control something like the wind will come to a battle of wills, and Aang takes the case there. I'll explain why if anyone cares to know why. Even if he can't manipulate it first mean he can't counter with some of the ways I mentioned in my OP.

Umm no Aang doesn't have control over the weather. Fire and Earth are useless againt Storm. Storm is a mutant so that techique you mentioned wouldn't work. You have yet to tell me what will Aang do when Storm starts to do category 5 hurricanes, tornados, tidal waves, and more all combined which she is capable of doing. Storm has complete control over wind so know he won't mess with her control. Methos already explained why Aang can't redirect actual lightening from the sky. Its not gone be a battle of wills because Aang doesn't have control over weather like Storm.

If Aang uses lightening then Storm easily sends it right back at him, if Aang uses water then Storm will make it evaporate, If Aang uses air then Storm will make the air attacks simply disappear, and more just to give you examples.

#42 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:43 PM

Umm no Aang doesn't have control over the weather. Fire and Earth are useless againt Storm. Storm is a mutant so that techique you mentioned wouldn't work. You have yet to tell me what will Aang do when Storm starts to do category 5 hurricanes, tornados, tidal waves, and more all combined which she is capable of doing. Storm has complete control over wind so know he won't mess with her control. Methos already explained why Aang can't redirect actual lightening from the sky. Its not gone be a battle of wills because Aang doesn't have control over weather like Storm.

If Aang uses lightening then Storm easily sends it right back at him, if Aang uses water then Storm will make it evaporate, If Aang uses air then Storm will make the air attacks simply disappear, and more just to give you examples.

Re-read my post I already said how he could counter the hurricanes and tornados. Again Keyoshi made two islands by splittig a land mass with only air, no tornado or hurricane can do that. Yes Aang can most certainly control things like rain or any form of precipitation because of water bending. Aang has blocked lightning and even dodged it, so even if he can't redirect it, not much of a problem. Methos didn't explain anything all he said was that Aang can't manipulate what Storm controls, again didn't explain why, so that is where my will theory comes in.

#43 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:50 PM

Re-read my post I already said how he could counter the hurricanes and tornados. Again Keyoshi made two islands by splittig a land mass with only air, no tornado or hurricane can do that. Yes Aang can most certainly control things like rain or any form of precipitation because of water bending. Aang has blocked lightning and even dodged it, so even if he can't redirect it, not much of a problem.

I said all of that at the same time? Never seen Aang counter multiple tornados, catergory 5 hurricanes, tidal waves, and all that at once. No you didn't explain how he can counter all that when there all happening at the same time by the way. Storm can create winds that can destroy buildings, pickup houses, and more also. Aang has not dodged lightening but only blocked it.

#44 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:31 AM

I said all of that at the same time? Never seen Aang counter multiple tornados, catergory 5 hurricanes, tidal waves, and all that at once. No you didn't explain how he can counter all that when there all happening at the same time by the way. Storm can create winds that can destroy buildings, pickup houses, and more also. Aang has not dodged lightening but only blocked it.

Oh all at the same time, well he could still control it in the avatar mode. Like I said in the avatar mode it has been shown to split a land mass in two using only air bending. That would be more then powerful to blow away all the stuff Storm throws at him.

#45 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:37 AM

Oh all at the same time, well he could still control it in the avatar mode. Like I said in the avatar mode it has been shown to split a land mass in two using only air bending. That would be more then powerful to blow away all the stuff Storm throws at him.

Spliting a land mass in two using air bending doesn't result to blowing all that away. You don't just blow away a catergory 5 hurricane, multiple tornados, tidal waves, and and more combined that are happening at the same time.

#46 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:05 AM

I already said that storm can use MULTIPLE lightning strikes which he WON'T be able to catch all of them plus wind plus tornadoes plus a hurricane(of which she can all do at one time) ang cant bend them all at once. Storm CAN. she can do wind, lightning ,freezing temperatures AND is immune to lightning and extreme temperatures ang is NOT immune to the weather.

#47 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:48 AM

I already said that storm can use MULTIPLE lightning strikes which he WON'T be able to catch all of them plus wind plus tornadoes plus a hurricane(of which she can all do at one time) ang cant bend them all at once. Storm CAN. she can do wind, lightning ,freezing temperatures AND is immune to lightning and extreme temperatures ang is NOT immune to the weather.

Your argument is that Aang cannot catch lightning? He won't need to, he can dodge it or redirect it. He can Earth Bend, meaning he can engulf himself to have rock armor making lighting useless. He can throw molten rocks, and flames, he can use all elements simultaneously.

He is the Air Bender, Tornados being small or class 5 will matter not. Aang is a nice guy, he will show Storm new ways to use her powers.

Worst comes to worst it will be a tough fight, but Aang has too many powers to choose from, instead of Water Wind and Lightning.

#48 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:05 PM

Did you even watch the show? Aang can and has manipulated all of the elements at the same time. Face it anything Storm can do, Aang can do and then some. Don't let your love of Marvel blind you.

#49 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:21 PM

Your argument is that Aang cannot catch lightning? He won't need to, he can dodge it or redirect it. He can Earth Bend, meaning he can engulf himself to have rock armor making lighting useless. He can throw molten rocks, and flames, he can use all elements simultaneously.

He is the Air Bender, Tornados being small or class 5 will matter not. Aang is a nice guy, he will show Storm new ways to use her powers.

Worst comes to worst it will be a tough fight, but Aang has too many powers to choose from, instead of Water Wind and Lightning.

Aang only has 4 powers and energy doesn't count cause the person needs to be corrupt. Aang will not use blood bending or kill. He has said himself he would never do either. Aang doesn't learn metal and even said he had no interest.

Aang uses water- Storm makes it evaporate. Oh Aang needs the help of the moon spirit to do tidal waves.

Aang uses air- Storm makes the air disappear.

Aang uses fire- Obviously Storm counters with rain.

Aang uses Earth- Storm is too high in the sky for him to do anything with that so its useless. Even if he does rock form Storm could put him in a catergory 5 hurricane with a tidal wave to take care of that.

By the way Aang in his avatar state was struck by lightening and almost died. So in his avatar state he can be hurt or killed.

Aang can create and manipulate the elements. However Storm has complete control over the weather which has all those elements and way more to a level she is considered a goddess even though she isn't.

#50 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:29 PM

@bigballerju
Aang can make water evaporate too, everything you listed Storm can do, Aang can too. Oh and earth bending is not useless considering Aang can fly in the air ring the earth with him. No one ever said he can't be hurt in avatar mode, it just makes him extremely powerful. Aang can be considered a god too so that is moot. In the avatar mode he has made volcanoes (his past life did meaning he can too) erupt by raising his hand. As I have said Aang can do anything Storm can and more. They both have complete control of their elements it's just that Aang is capable of doing more then her.

#51 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:39 PM

@bigballerju
Aang can make water evaporate too, everything you listed Storm can do, Aang can too. Oh and earth bending is not useless considering Aang can fly in the air ring the earth with him. No one ever said he can't be hurt in avatar mode, it just makes him extremely powerful. Aang can be considered a god too so that is moot. In the avatar mode he has made volcanoes (his past life did meaning he can too) erupt by raising his hand. As I have said Aang can do anything Storm can and more. They both have complete control of their elements it's just that Aang is capable of doing more then her.

The only reason Aang can do things that Storm can not, is because they have different powers. Likewise, Storm can do things that Aang is incapable of as well.

The contest lies where their powers overlap.

#52 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:44 PM

@bigballerju

No Aang can not do everything Storm can and he is not capable of doing more then her.

Once again for the last time Storm has total control over the weather which includes those elements and way more.

Aang cannot create catergory 5 hurricanes ( which can destroy cities), multiple tornados from the sky, tidal waves without the help of the spirit, ice storms, multiple lightening strikes ( Never seen him redirect nor dodge more then one), and more.

#53 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:10 PM

Aang only has 4 powers and energy doesn't count cause the person needs to be corrupt. Aang will not use blood bending or kill. He has said himself he would never do either. Aang doesn't learn metal and even said he had no interest.

Aang uses water- Storm makes it evaporate. Oh Aang needs the help of the moon spirit to do tidal waves.

Aang uses air- Storm makes the air disappear.

Aang uses fire- Obviously Storm counters with rain.

Aang uses Earth- Storm is too high in the sky for him to do anything with that so its useless. Even if he does rock form Storm could put him in a catergory 5 hurricane with a tidal wave to take care of that.

By the way Aang in his avatar state was struck by lightening and almost died. So in his avatar state he can be hurt or killed.

Aang can create and manipulate the elements. However Storm has complete control over the weather which has all those elements and way more to a level she is considered a goddess even though she isn't.

um you are wrong about a few things.

Aang can use them at the same time. He can fly while he is in rock form, he can make a tornado, and mix it with fire, making an inferno. Storm is not a gooddess, just that African people called her that for her obvious powers. Earth Bending is useless?
Please don't tell me it's useless since I can think fo multiple ways Storm would lose. Storm gets hit by guns all the time, she is not that powerful herself, just her powers are.

Aang at the end of the series shows that whatever he used was nothing until he mastered all elements, Fire being the last one. So yes he can do anything Storm can.

By the way Lightning is just fire based anyway(forms of light)

#54 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:38 PM

The only reason Aang can do things that Storm can not, is because they have different powers. Likewise, Storm can do things that Aang is incapable of as well.

The contest lies where their powers overlap.

I agree with you Sir, I won't say it's a stomp, but if both can manipulate air, that becomes moot. Both manipulate water, moot. Both manipulate Ice, moot. Earth and Fire are all some things Storm cannot maipulate and so Aang has that advantage, but Storm can counter with her own powers, so all in all, I say great fight, but Aang wins due to him being able to tap into his Avatar state

#55 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:59 PM

I agree with you Sir, I won't say it's a stomp, but if both can manipulate air, that becomes moot. Both manipulate water, moot. Both manipulate Ice, moot. Earth and Fire are all some things Storm cannot maipulate and so Aang has that advantage, but Storm can counter with her own powers, so all in all, I say great fight, but Aang wins due to him being able to tap into his Avatar state

Agreed. Look at what Aang's past lives have done they have more impressive feats then Storm, again Aang can't use anything his past lives have learned in the avatar mode.

#56 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:28 PM

Agreed. Look at what Aang's past lives have done they have more impressive feats then Storm, again Aang can't use anything his past lives have learned in the avatar mode.

Storm's high-end feats are more impressive than anything I've seen from Aang, even in avatar mode.

But you are welcome to post some high-end feats, who knows, there might be some I haven't seen that'll change my mind.

I'm always willing to be convinced by facts, but with what I know of the two, Storm is clearly superior.

#57 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts
  • Interests:The Avant-Garde, I Represent

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:38 PM

Re-read my post I already said how he could counter the hurricanes and tornados. Again Keyoshi made two islands by splittig a land mass with only air, no tornado or hurricane can do that. Yes Aang can most certainly control things like rain or any form of precipitation because of water bending. Aang has blocked lightning and even dodged it, so even if he can't redirect it, not much of a problem. Methos didn't explain anything all he said was that Aang can't manipulate what Storm controls, again didn't explain why, so that is where my will theory comes in.

Aang(pastlife) used earthbending to break the landmass, not airbending, as proved by the stance. Each bending has different stances. However, airbending is what pushed it away, which is still a feat in itself.

Aang has dodged lightning before, you saying that means you've not done your research! ^_^

#58 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts
  • Interests:The Avant-Garde, I Represent

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:45 PM

um you are wrong about a few things.

Aang can use them at the same time. He can fly while he is in rock form, he can make a tornado, and mix it with fire, making an inferno. Storm is not a gooddess, just that African people called her that for her obvious powers. Earth Bending is useless?
Please don't tell me it's useless since I can think fo multiple ways Storm would lose. Storm gets hit by guns all the time, she is not that powerful herself, just her powers are.

Aang at the end of the series shows that whatever he used was nothing until he mastered all elements, Fire being the last one. So yes he can do anything Storm can.

By the way Lightning is just fire based anyway(forms of light)

I thought lightning was plasma based?

At the end of the series, Aang was shown using boulders as machine gun like fire, at high speeds. I don't know if it was at bullet speeds, but it is plausible to believe so, considering the power behind all his attacks. So earthbending comes in handy during this fight. Storm making tornadoes can be countered by Man's airbending. At Avatar State, if he can blow away entire land masses, he can at the very least counteract the direction of the tornadoes, seeing as how he can create his own.

Storm also has to get past his air shield, which has enough sheer force to deflect amplified fire blasts, stone projectiles, ect, and most likely, lightning bolts.

#59 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:18 PM

Storm's high-end feats are more impressive than anything I've seen from Aang, even in avatar mode.

But you are welcome to post some high-end feats, who knows, there might be some I haven't seen that'll change my mind.

I'm always willing to be convinced by facts, but with what I know of the two, Storm is clearly superior.

He controls a huge water spout(that was one of the first few episodes) Other part he takes form of Roku and melts chains with surgical precision(so his friends arent hurt) and controls the lava by raising his hand. Keep in mind the lava was underground.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
Creates a tidal wave and erupts volcanoes amongst other impressive feats

Here he controls all of the elements, and even raises the ocean to put out fires. Dodges lightning bolts.

#60 Lunacyde

Lunacyde

Don't feed him after midnight

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Guns, Sports, History, Politics, Mythology, Environmental studies,Nature, Spirituality, Survival Skills, etc.

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:46 PM

Aang wins due to the Avatar State. He has access to all his past lives knowledge and experience, thousands upon thousands of years of bending knowledge. Feats include creating new landmasses, causing volcanoes to erupt, blowing apart the Fire Lord's Palace, creating tornadoes and throwing giant stones with nothing but air. His air sphere was shown capable of taking all Firelord Ozai could dish out and more as well as flying through enormous stone pillars without any effort. He also used boulders as a machine gun, and took down the flying airships with by sending massive boulders flying. He also wiped out the entire Fire Navy Fleet.

Also whoever said Aang hasn't dodged lightning that's incorrect he did it multiple times in his Final Battle with Ozai before entering the Avatar State. Furthermore what proof do you have that Aang could not redirect natural lightning?

Aang controls the basic building blocks of all weather. Air, Water, and heat and he can deflect, or counter anything Storm throws at him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users