• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 Lunacyde

Lunacyde

Don't feed him after midnight

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Guns, Sports, History, Politics, Mythology, Environmental studies,Nature, Spirituality, Survival Skills, etc.

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:55 AM

Manipulation still exists, but it's only available to Global and above level characters.

TK is fine, if you want to refine it a bit you can use Ranged, Area Effect, Multi-Attack, etc to make it work for you.

Also, as to your signature, I can't figure out what your beef is with Judd Winick specifically. Care to elaborate?

Thanks. I can't find Energy Body under street level characters so would it be alright for me to use transformation if her body can into water? Or is it just not something I can do under street level?

I don't have a beef with Winnick per se. It's just an amusing conversation I saw on another site. Basically a Staff member on this site was asking members what questions they would like answered when she interviews Judd Winnick. One member suggests a question and the Staffer agrees that it is a good question and that she will ask it. Then another member, who happens to be a friend, points out that it's a stupid question because Judd Winnick didn't actually create the character in question. He was pointing out their complete ignorance on the subject. He then continues on about how Winnick is a lazy writer, which I personally have no opinion on.

#42 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:43 PM

Thanks. I can't find Energy Body under street level characters so would it be alright for me to use transformation if her body can into water? Or is it just not something I can do under street level?

It should be under augmentation powers.

#43 Lunacyde

Lunacyde

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Guns, Sports, History, Politics, Mythology, Environmental studies,Nature, Spirituality, Survival Skills, etc.

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:50 PM

Well I'll be damned, you're right. Thank you.

#44 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:18 PM

I think I'm gonna spend this week putting some work into re-writing the FAQ so that it reflects current FPL. Because people could be confused by talk of Kits and such.

#45 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:18 PM

Don't you put on there that old Khazan was located on planet Earth.

#46 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 23 July 2011 - 10:37 AM

We need an archive. Characters that have been around since the beginning are at an unfair advantage to newcomers. They came in and swept the floor before there was any real competition. Now there are a lot of good characters and while everyone is fighting it out in the middle, the old characters just float around the top with their early wins to carry them. This really isn't a question as much as a topic for conversation. Feel free to express your opinion.

#47 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:28 AM

I'm with treacherous. I believe Ivan has suggested before that characters should be disabled and put into a new Hall of Fame at 1000 points, and I think that would be the best course of action.

#48 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:17 PM

I third that. A new Hall of Fame should be made.

#49 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

So, I'm wondering what transformation powers entail. I want to make sort of a werecat character, but I don't know if things like claws and agility need to be separate powers or are included in the transformation.

#50 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

This isn't an official definition, but its always a good place to look
http://www.electricf...howtopic=12356

Here's what it says on Transformation

Transformation
General: Fighter can change the form of their body. Unlike an illusion, or an Energy Body adopting a shape, this is a true physical change. Any bonuses conferred must be roughly equal to the points spent on the power; if Rank 1 is taken for a bird form and claimed to grant flight, the 2 point cost goes to that alone and the shape has no other benefits. If a dragon form allows huge size, tough scales, and fire breath, a high rank must be taken to benefit from them at standard levels. If the player desires, other powers can be taken and attributed to the transformed state instead of the normal one.

Rank 1: The character can take shapes similar to their own, with the same basic size and number of limbs.
Rank 2: Transformations can include very small or large creatures, as well as creatures with foreign body structures such as gills.
Rank 3: Shape can take almost any plausible form.
Rank 4: Character can transform into nearly anything imaginable, including bizarre forms that wouldn't exist in nature.

#51 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

Thanks, I had seen another power list but it just said "null" for transformation. Being that transformation would be the character's main asset in a fight, I was going with superior for it anyway, which I think will cover most of his powers.

#52 weezlee2010

weezlee2010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:18 AM

in re guards to the copies question a little earlier what if ur character has supreme illusions along with all upgrades and supreme telekinesis and uses the ability to create his illusion copies to actually harm someone? kinda like an Itachi clone type thing? isnt that possible with the telekinesis ability to manipulate molecular and atomic energies? of course i'll be writing this in a more detailed creative writing way i just am curious

#53 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:39 AM

Literally any power combination. That one included.

#54 weezlee2010

weezlee2010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:32 AM

also question about teleportation, would i be able to teleport as a dodge if i had the supreme telekinesis and instead of traveling dimensions travel distances on the same planet? i also would have all the skills with supreme telekinesis, if i cant travel within the same dimension would i b able to purchase regular teleportation and combined it with my supreme telekinesis dimension travel with all upgrades still which would mean i could still travel far on one planet even though the actual teleportation is standard with no upgrades?

#55 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:13 AM

Literally any power combination. That one included.

#56 Updatedude

Updatedude

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:08 AM

For the first question regarding Illusions + TK, the answer is yes. You can use those to create "solid illusions".

For the second question regarding teleportation, I don't quite understand what you're saying. Can you rephrase the question?

My guess is that you're thinking of teleportation as used by the X-Men's Nightcrawler, where he teleports by going through an alternate dimension. While you can use that method of teleportation, there is no requirement that you do. In the FPL, teleportation is indeed, teleportation. You disappear from one location and reappear in another.

#57 weezlee2010

weezlee2010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:54 PM

ok i was just wondering because the "teleportation" described in TK is that only to other dimensions and i would like my character to teleport more like using the Flash Step but with small and long distance so is it possible the i could just described my TK teleportation as that or would i need to combo it? also i have weak strength, Supreme TK, Supreme Intelligence, i have two more questions. first using TK to boost my weak strength, how strong could i make myself? also with Supreme Intelligence does that mean that the limitations of TK and Illusions are not an issue to me because i have the mental capabilities to control both for however long and create perfect uses of each power?

#58 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:02 AM

Naw, man. Spectrum, Sage, and Holocene are all characters in the current database who can teleport. None of them, I think, teleport to other dimensions. If you want to, you can write teleport as the power to go to other dimensions. Or you can write it specifically as the power to go to Paris, France. Or any other vaguely teleport related idea you want.

If you're boosting weak strength with Supreme TK, your strength value will end up roughly "hella strong". Wait, I just ran the numbers through the calculations again. "mad, hella strong." yes.

With Supreme Intelligence, uh, it could be if you write it super good. You could say with Supreme intelligence he understands the exact nature of this TK/Illusion business so he can make it last forever. Supreme Intelligence could mean any manner of things and I think using it to show proficiency with a class of Mental-Based Powers is a really interesting way to go about things!

#59 weezlee2010

weezlee2010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:24 AM

ok thank you very much just making sure i want to be as badass as possible if u cant tell i know its not about the powers its about the writing but i want to make sure i can write what i want him to be

#60 Ivan

Ivan

Canon Fodder

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:23 AM

I hope you're taking Teleportation as a power if you want your character to teleport.  Telekinesis is the ability to move things with one's mind, and doesn't grant teleportation at any level.

Here are some specific teleportation guidelines.  Any credible creator who wishes should feel free to amend these:

Standard Teleportation gets simple viz teleportation- direct line of sight, with a localized limit of maybe a mile or so.

Superior Teleportation allows for a bit more flexibility, a character can do fancier things like piggybacking 2-3 teleports in a row without a pause, teleporting over much greater distance (say, anywhere in the same time zone,) and even clever tricks like preserving momentum so that, for example, if a character is performing a flying kick toward an opponent and then teleports mid kick and re-appears behind said opponent, the force of the kick can stay intact.

Supreme Teleportation starts to get crazy- a character can teleport anywhere on the planet, access another dimension, teleport groups of people or objects, create Portal-like doorways between places and hold them open, and teleport dozens of times in rapid succession without any need for a break.  

Ultimate Teleportation is virtually unlimited.  A character could teleport between Alpha Centauri, Hell, the bottom of the ocean, and the Arcanus Obliques without a second thought.  This character could transport several tons of mass without a problem, leave dimensional doorways open indefinitely, teleport hundreds of times in a row without needing a rest, etc.  

If you look at the character sheet for Spectrum, he has Superior teleportation, but between his Supreme Power Manipulation and Superior Energy Absorption, he is able to achieve the effects of higher level teleportation (such as teleporting two people and a motorcycle, and teleporting two objects into the same space in order to cause damage,) so a high rank of Teleportation isn't necessarily better than a power combination which includes Teleportation and another power that augments it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users