• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 boston_celtics

boston_celtics

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:If I had any, why would I be on this site?

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:33 PM

Would you like to see these in the Avengers movie?

1. Cap, Tony, or other yelling Avengers Assemble!

2. Ant-Man and Wasp fighting, just like in the Ultimates.

3. All the Avengers becoming free-loaders in Stark's mansion, or free-loaders in the Triskelion?

4. Referencing characters outside of the Avengers (i.e. Spider-Man, the X-Men.)

Oh yeah, and are there any Avengers you would like to see debut in the movie, without having their own? Cause, all the founders (Iron Man, Thor, Ant-man, Cap, Hulk) get their own movie, but what about the others?

I'd like to see Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, and Vision as well.

Oh, and which villain should they fight?

For me, it's either Loki or Ultron.

#2 Artemis Entreri

Artemis Entreri

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:37 PM

3. All the Avengers becoming free-loaders in Stark's mansion, or free-loaders in the Triskelion?

Oh yeah, and are there any Avengers you would like to see debut in the movie, without having their own? Cause, all the founders (Iron Man, Thor, Ant-man, Cap, Hulk) get their own movie, but what about the others?

I don't care as long as they do the Hulk right in the movie! It's like they go Daft with Hulk! Also I heard She-Hulk will be in the movie!

#3 Adam Safran

Adam Safran

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:52 PM

Going to be included as an in-joke for the old time fans. If anything, a 'rallying cry' is a bit too corny to include as a highlight moment for anything other than an in-joke. Such as Wolverine didn't say 'bub' up until Wolverine Origins, Thing hasn't said 'it's clobbering time' in either FF movie, same with Torch nd 'Flame On'.. In trying to do a movie 'realistically' which means a bit darker, the generally try and avoid corn.

Ant-Man is supposedly gettin his own movie which may or may not come out before Avenger. IIRC it's going to be a comic relief slapstick movie if it gets produced, so they may avoid this.

Depensd how much they push Avengers/Ultimates movie as opposed to individual superhero movies. Ie, do we get Avengers Trilogy as the main focus of Marvl with yearly releases, or do they have like a multi-year break in between the movies with individual hero movies coming out along them? We probably don't get anthing more than throwaway lines/references or cameos from the main storyline/other chars for any of the individual hero movies to the Avengers, thoguh SHIELD may be used to tie them together.

They can't since other studios own the rights to Spider-Man (Sony) and X-Men (Fox). So them even diong throwaway references means that either they're threatened with a lawsuit or have ot pay the other studio liscencing fees for something that would most likely be cut anyways. They can only do references to thigns they own the rights to, and since Marvel has until the last five yers or so sold their movie rights willie-nilly, don't expect any unified stuff in cohesion for a long time, if ever.

Hawkeye could conceivably show up as a supporting character/sidekick who gets membership, or he could be used as a younger character to give the audience a relatable viewpoint (like Sam Witwicky in Transformers) to the goings-on.

THey can't use any other mutant chars as Fox has the copyright on everything 'X' and the only way they could use Wanda and Pietro would be to strip everything 'mutant' and Magneto from them s they can't use any mutant affiliated chars as Fox has all of them locked down,which wouldn't be the same. Could see Vision and Ultron, but probably mroe likely ins equels. They don't want to hideously expand the main cast too quickly for a first movie, or take time away from the multiple A-List actors they're going to do in this.

Loki's probably gonna end up in the THor movie, nd I don't know yet if they'dkeep him for future sequels or apparently 'kill' him at the end as most villains in movies tend to only headline for one movie and then end up dying and they move on to anotehr rogues gallery.

#4 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:53 PM

1. Of course! Hulk better talk in third person too....

2. Yes. Despite me hating Pym for beating his wife, it's actually interesting drama. It adds flair to it.

Note: I still don't like Pym for it.

3. No.

4. Yes. This must be a united universe (or should be).

As for the villains, I'd like the whole "Pym created Ultron" storyline. So yes, Ultron would be a good villain. Another might be Baron Zemo and his Masters of Evil.

I think Loki's only appearing in Thor's movie.

And yes, the Scarlet Witch should be in there (played by some hot-..... I mean, talented actress....).
Quicksilver can be there too. Still, there have been a lot of Avengers, so I doubt that all will be mentioned/shown. Some that would be good/I would like to be in there are:

Hercules.
She Hulk.
Ms. Marvel.
Spider Man (New Avenger counts, right?)
Sentry (The Void could be a good supporting villain/subplot)
Doctor Strange

#5 Cosmic Deadpool

Cosmic Deadpool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:56 PM

My vote would be to emulate the Ultimates movie and have the Avengers( Ironman, Cap, Wasp, Giant-Man, Thor, and Black Widow) vs the Hulk.. They've already made the Hulk more like Savage Hulk and less like Gray Hulk as it is.. I think they'd spend too much time trying to revert the Hulk now and currently he's to wild to be part of a group..

#6 Adam Safran

Adam Safran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:58 PM

My vote would be to emulate the Ultimates movie and have the Avengers( Ironman, Cap, Wasp, Giant-Man, Thor, and Black Widow) vs the Hulk.. They've already made the Hulk more like Savage Hulk and less like Gray Hulk as it is.. I think they'd spend too much time trying to revert the Hulk now and currently he's to wild to be part of a group..

Black Widow is supposedly in Iron Man 2. NOt sure if they're going to have her end up playing her role in Ultiamtes and betraying Tony or not for some reason..

#7 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:58 PM

Actually, Adam, Thing says his catchphrase in the first movie, right before he fights Doom (hand to hand).

Torch too, uses his catchphrase when he leaps off the building (first movie).

Sadly though, I must agree that Sony & Fox are both holding tightly to the characters.
Darn them.....

#8 Adam Safran

Adam Safran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:01 PM

Actually, Adam, Thing says his catchphrase in the first movie, right before he fights Doom (hand to hand).

Torch too, uses his catchphrase when he leaps off the building (first movie).

Sadly though, I must agree that Sony & Fox are both holding tightly to the characters.
Darn them.....

I'll take your word for it, since otherwise would require rewatching the FF movies. and.. really, Spider-man and X-Men are both multi-billion dollar franchises. If anything Sony and Fox will end up doing BS if the franchises end up totally tanking so they can keep the rights to them and avoid them reverting back to Marvel (like was supposedly done with the supercheap legendary corn FF moie). THey're going to keep the franchises for at least the next ten to fifteen years, and will do everything they can to keep them even if the movies bomb and tank. They're just too big moneymakers.

#9 videogameman

videogameman

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:Video games, literature, Anime/Manga, Western animation ie. Cartoons, and your momma!

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:20 PM

1.Yes
2.Yes. It adds drama.
3.No.
4.YES!

Ultron should be the bad guy. Adss irony and a Vision appearance in the sequel. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver no. Avengers 2 with Vison is the way to go.

#10 Diskyr

Diskyr

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Anything that suits me

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:38 PM

1. No, it'd probaly make the movie Cheesy

2. If the fighting was like what we saw in Hancock, yes. But something like in the FF films? Hell naw

3. Maybe. That depends if the director gets that done fluidly

4. Of course

5. Absolutely. I would like to see Rulk or Thanos or the Dark Avengers be the main villain(S)

#11 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

May I polish your boots, Marvel Man ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:32 PM

Hulk v. Thor.

That alone will draw in a crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users