84 replies to this topic

#41 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:50 PM

Wins what? Look at my response to the thread. I had DS winning most of them, because, unlike Falcon, I can look past my fanboyism to recognize when he loses. I'm simply arguing for the fact that Punisher is much more SKILLED than Slade is.

Oh, well in that case, Punisher trumps Slade in skill, easily. Slade wins a fight, but Punisher is far more skilled.

#42 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:39 PM

Wins what? Look at my response to the thread. I had DS winning most of them, because, unlike Falcon, I can look past my fanboyism to recognize when he loses. I'm simply arguing for the fact that Punisher is much more SKILLED than Slade is.

Nothing Punisher has done proves it plain and simple.

#43 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:59 PM

For the last time. Deathstroke LOST. LOSSSSTTTTTTT, against the JLA. HE LOST.

lol, Sorry I never read it, I will take it back then, but I will ask if you think Punisher will do better versus the JLA than DS?

I agree with you 100% that Punisher is the better skilled person. Strip DS's armor, healing power, and any other added powers and you have a well trained person. Take away Punishers oh wait he has no fancy armors, no fancy healing or any serums or what not, Slade would be a great army dude, but thats it.

this serum DC made was so that at any given time his powers can keep him fighting Batman and tagging Flash, but at others he is not as good. But Punisher has surprised everyone everytime he sees them. Marvel Zombies, Punisher was still killing. Punisher has battled every top fighter in Marvel. Face it in Marvel there are only a select few who have fighting rating of 7 and Frank has fought them all

#44 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:17 AM

Nothing Punisher has done proves it plain and simple.

All the victories you have listed for DS were through Comic book mechanics, or planning. Punisher is far more skilled.

#45 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts
  • Interests:Comics from the 90's. Movies. RPG's.

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:22 AM

Yes, Punisher is very skilled and very deadly. But regardless, he can't keep up with someone who is as physically and mentally enhanced as Deathstroke. He has human limitations. Any contest involving any feat based on those attributes should go to Slade.

I mean I can make up a character who supposedly has been a Navy Seal and a Green Beret and SWAT and etc.. someone who has 10X human stats will beat them hands down in any fight.

EDIT: Guns, explosives and good tactics can be great equalizers... I suppose if Frank managed to conceal an IED reeeeeeally well he could take Slade down.

#46 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:57 AM

Nothing gives Punisher more skills. Castle is an ex navy seal. Deathstoke is an ex Ranger, skilled in wild animal hunting = to Kraven, and trained by some of the most skilled assassins in the world = Daredevil, Elecktra, Taskmaster, Cap, Ronin, Batman, Bronze Tiger, Nightwing, etc. all of which who are better skilled than Punisher.

In a straight H2H fight with no prep, DS wins due to being physically superior, in just about any other way he wins due to his skills and life long experinece seeing as he has about 20 years on Castle. So in other words Slade was in the military when Castle was born.

#47 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:40 PM

For every Batman Slade's fought, Punishers fought a Captain America. "Regular Humans don't stand a chance" Bronze Tiger is peak human. Geoforce is so useless he might as well be. Tim Drake is. Cass Cain is. Slade's lost to all of the above. The only reason he holds his own against other similarly skilled people is because of his physical stats. Not his skill. Castle struggles because he dosen't have a healing factor, indestructable Promethium mesh, and an Energy Lance capable of punching through Starfire, yet with all that, Castle's feats are STILL comparable to DS'. And the fact is, he's got more "career" experience. Actually, after looking over Slade's wiki, it seems Castle has more war experience also. Slade served breifly in Korea, and then was stationed at garrison duty. He then served at Vietnam for a while. Frank Castle served as SPECIAL OPS, 3 full tours of frontline duty consisting of 4 years, was the ONLY survivor of the Vietcong's assault on Valley Forge Firebase, he was decorated with the Medal of Honor, the Navy Cross, 3 times the Silver Star and Bronze Stars, 4 times the Purple Heart, and the Presidential Medal of Freedom, and, to top it all off, he ran Special Black op training missions for Marine Recon Commandos in the upper New York State area. Yeah, Punisher's more experienced all around.

Punisher not only has more skill, he has more experience, precomic AND Incomic. As far as war goes, Slade has NOTHING on Castle. His mediocre garrison duty cannot even hold a match up to the service record Castle has.

#48 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:03 PM

For every Batman Slade's fought, Punishers fought a Captain America. "Regular Humans don't stand a chance" Bronze Tiger is peak human. Geoforce is so useless he might as well be. Tim Drake is. Cass Cain is. Slade's lost to all of the above. The only reason he holds his own against other similarly skilled people is because of his physical stats. Not his skill. Castle struggles because he dosen't have a healing factor, indestructable Promethium mesh, and an Energy Lance capable of punching through Starfire, yet with all that, Castle's feats are STILL comparable to DS'. And the fact is, he's got more "career" experience. Actually, after looking over Slade's wiki, it seems Castle has more war experience also. Slade served breifly in Korea, and then was stationed at garrison duty. He then served at Vietnam for a while. Frank Castle served as SPECIAL OPS, 3 full tours of frontline duty consisting of 4 years, was the ONLY survivor of the Vietcong's assault on Valley Forge Firebase, he was decorated with the Medal of Honor, the Navy Cross, 3 times the Silver Star and Bronze Stars, 4 times the Purple Heart, and the Presidential Medal of Freedom, and, to top it all off, he ran Special Black op training missions for Marine Recon Commandos in the upper New York State area. Yeah, Punisher's more experienced all around.

Punisher not only has more skill, he has more experience, precomic AND Incomic. As far as war goes, Slade has NOTHING on Castle. His mediocre garrison duty cannot even hold a match up to the service record Castle has.

Geo Force is nearly as powerful as Wonder Woman and EVERYTHING you stated is a matter of opinion with no facts proving he is more skilled or has more experience.
More years in training with superior trainees equals greater skills, and 20 years of older than Castle gives him 18 years of experience above Castle.

So I'll take it that Slade is still sperior in every way until you prove something.

http://www.killermov...98/t532260.html

learn a little ^

#49 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:46 PM

Geo Force is nearly as powerful as Wonder Woman and EVERYTHING you stated is a matter of opinion with no facts proving he is more skilled or has more experience.
More years in training with superior trainees equals greater skills, and 20 years of older than Castle gives him 18 years of experience above Castle.

So I'll take it that Slade is still sperior in every way until you prove something.

http://www.killermov...98/t532260.html

learn a little ^

Sorry, you can avoid it all you want, but everything I said were facts. The facts I spit out about Punisher and DS can be found on their respective Dc and Marvel Wikias, unlike you, who just goes, "D00d, thR wre N00 Fcts iz Tht!?" and then go on to spew exactly what you accuse me of, all opinion and no fact. You're the one who can't debate for shit. Ask any soldier in the entire world, front-line combat duty (Castle) >>>>>>>>>>>>>> garrison pukes (Slade). Give me examples of this "Greater Training". Where are Slade's combat decorations and feats precomic? Because Castle's are there in spades, and Slade has jack-shit. 2 years of fighting >>>> 20 years of sittng on your ass.

Unlike you, I actually read comics. I prefer them over respect threads.

#50 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:25 PM

Sorry, you can avoid it all you want, but everything I said were facts. The facts I spit out about Punisher and DS can be found on their respective Dc and Marvel Wikias, unlike you, who just goes, "D00d, thR wre N00 Fcts iz Tht!?" and then go on to spew exactly what you accuse me of, all opinion and no fact. You're the one who can't debate for shit. Ask any soldier in the entire world, front-line combat duty (Castle) >>>>>>>>>>>>>> garrison pukes (Slade). Give me examples of this "Greater Training". Where are Slade's combat decorations and feats precomic? Because Castle's are there in spades, and Slade has jack-shit. 2 years of fighting >>>> 20 years of sittng on your ass.

Unlike you, I actually read comics. I prefer them over respect threads.

I used the thread to provide you with the scans that you obvioulsy didnt take time to look at. Slade was in the army roughly 18 to 20 years before Punisher, this gives him about 19 years more of combat experience and training. Then he was augmented during that time. After leaving the army he became the worlds best big game hunter = to Kraven. After that he traveled the world and learned H2H combat >= Batman, Nightwing, Bronze Tiger, etc. Also add in all the other types of training with poisons, firearms, and weapons he learned. Castle would just now be entering the army when Slade began training with assassins. Navy seal are highly trained, I'll give you that but as a top assassin Slade performs things solo that it would have taken Castles whole team to accomplish. Nothing you have shown proves Castle is superior to Slade in any degree.

Talking about medals and commendations doesnt mean anything because Slade was discharged because he didnt follow orders and went rogue killing almost an entire complex for hurting his family.

Deathstroke is still proven superior. You can keep argueing but you'll never convince me or anyone else who actually knows both characters.

#51 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:06 AM

I used the thread to provide you with the scans that you obvioulsy didnt take time to look at. Slade was in the army roughly 18 to 20 years before Punisher, this gives him about 19 years more of combat experience and training. Then he was augmented during that time. After leaving the army he became the worlds best big game hunter = to Kraven. After that he traveled the world and learned H2H combat >= Batman, Nightwing, Bronze Tiger, etc. Also add in all the other types of training with poisons, firearms, and weapons he learned. Castle would just now be entering the army when Slade began training with assassins. Navy seal are highly trained, I'll give you that but as a top assassin Slade performs things solo that it would have taken Castles whole team to accomplish. Nothing you have shown proves Castle is superior to Slade in any degree.

Talking about medals and commendations doesnt mean anything because Slade was discharged because he didnt follow orders and went rogue killing almost an entire complex for hurting his family.

Deathstroke is still proven superior. You can keep argueing but you'll never convince me or anyone else who actually knows both characters.

Again, being in the military longer dosen't mean you have more combat experience. Being in COMBAT gives you more combat experience. Which is why Punisher has more combat experience. Slade went around training with assassins? Punisher trained Marine Force Recon operatives. He dosen't need training to be one of the greatest assassins in Marvel 616. He's on par with Cap himself in combat skill, which is way more than Slade can say, seeing as he's below Batman. More opinions, with no proof. What things has Slade preformed precomic "solo" that matches up to what Castle has done.

And Punisher was the sole survivor of one of the biggest engagements in Vietnam. Yeah, Punisher is definitely > than Slade.

#52 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:09 PM

Deathstroke vs Punisher in just about anything, DS wins.

As for who is more skilled, Frank. Frank does everything at a peak human level, where as Deathstroke is superhuman to a degree. Frank has feats that stack up pretty well against Slade. Slade has done crazy feats, but he is also superhuman.

#53 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:15 PM

With Slade at 20 years combat experience above Castle in no way will you ever convince me he is lesser than Castle. End of story. Then DS beats him in every other way as well.

#54 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:44 PM

With Slade at 20 years combat experience above Castle in no way will you ever convince me he is lesser than Castle. End of story. Then DS beats him in every other way as well.

This is an easy debate. lets do the math shall we?
Slade(super human)
Frank(peak human)
super human>peak human. Ahhhhh that was easy.
If slade can darw a gun faster than frank then that means slade can shoot frank before he even pulls his gun.
If slade can dodge bullets then frank loses
If slade can out run frank then frank loses
If frank can over power frank then frank loses.

am I missing anything? I can';t belive this was a REAL debate. Slade to frank is alfred to Captain America

#55 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:41 PM

No he's not. Punisher has way more combat experience than Slade. Period. Point blank, thats how it is. You can actually read up on the characters by going to their respective Wikias and see for yourself. but of course, you don't debate with proof, you debate by this, "D00d thts H0w ItH Iz Pwn lolololol!!!"

#56 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:52 PM

There is a HUGE difference between skill and experience

#57 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:57 PM

There is a HUGE difference between skill and experience

Experience comes from the amount and quality of opponents they face and slade has faced MANY factions of terrorists or enitre groups or tons of people way above those that Castle has fought in their normal universe. He has been around nearly as long as Punisher but regularly battle opponents more skilled or powerful than he is and fairl whips them until the end of the fight.

Then skills comes from the amount of training and Slade EASILY surpasses Castle in that department.

#58 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:03 PM

Experience comes from the amount and quality of opponents they face and slade has faced MANY factions of terrorists or enitre groups or tons of people way above those that Castle has fought in their normal universe. He has been around nearly as long as Punisher but regularly battle opponents more skilled or powerful than he is and fairl whips them until the end of the fight.

Then skills comes from the amount of training and Slade EASILY surpasses Castle in that department.

Punsiher has never fought terrorists or entire groups of people. Right. You've never read a goddamn Punisher comic in your entire life, this is freaking pathetic, fanboyism to the max: this is the most severe case I've seen in a long time. Punisher regularly takes out entire ORGANIZATIONS of highly armed, trained, terrorists/criminals/mob guys. Thats what he DOES. He is ALWAYS outgunned, and outmanned, and he ALWAYS wins.

Except he hasn't. And pretty much everybody except you acknowledges that Punisher has greater skill and experience. Punisher's training comes form real life combat, not from travelling around and getting tips from people, expecially his garrison officer.

#59 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:03 PM

Meh, some people are born with skill some work for it. Lebron James was born to be a basketball god, he averaged 20 points a game as a rookie where as Jordan averaged 13 points at college, and they were the same age.. Michael Jordan was cut from his high school team, but busted his ass every day to get where he is at.

#60 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:07 PM

Punsiher has never fought terrorists or entire groups of people. Right. You've never read a goddamn Punisher comic in your entire life, this is freaking pathetic, fanboyism to the max: this is the most severe case I've seen in a long time. Punisher regularly takes out entire ORGANIZATIONS of highly armed, trained, terrorists/criminals/mob guys. Thats what he DOES. He is ALWAYS outgunned, and outmanned, and he ALWAYS wins.

Except he hasn't. And pretty much everybody except you acknowledges that Punisher has greater skill and experience. Punisher's training comes form real life combat, not from travelling around and getting tips from people, expecially his garrison officer.

I never said Punisher doesnt face organizations. Stopping flipping out you child but Slade's experience with metahumans put him well above Castle in experience. Slade is EXPERIENCED enough to take out Atom, Hawkman, GL, Flash, Zatanna, Green Arrow, and Black Canary in a single strike. It wasnt until Arrow, who knew Slade's past struck a nerve and they all jumped him. Say what you want but it happened and shows Deathstroke far more expeienced in combat.

Skill wise Slade has more training, more varied training, and more years of training.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users