• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#101 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:41 PM

Superman dodging the Omega Beams.

Posted Image

Blocking it with his face. (Hayes you posted this earlier)

Posted Image

Superman counters with heat vision and takes it.

Posted Image

#102 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:46 PM

Just so you know the omega beams still hurt Superman severly.

Also the part of Superman avoiding the beams proves Darkseid's ability to react at the same speeds superman can move because he controls the beams himself.

#103 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:02 PM

That is what I mean bigballerju he had to use Darkseid as a shield to truly get away from it.

#104 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:25 PM

Tru but look at the scan where Superman takes the Omega Beams with no problem in the chest.

Superman also took the Omega Beams in the face with no problem.

#105 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:56 PM

Tru but look at the scan where Superman takes the Omega Beams with no problem in the chest.

Kryptonians are(for some unknown reason), resistant to the Destructive effect of the Omega Blasts.

However, the other effects of the Omega Blasts work just fine, as seen on more than one occasion when Darkseid, for example, uses the Omega Blast to teleport Superman back to earth.

Also, Superman seems to think that Omega Blasts work just fine against Kryptonians, at least he was enraged when he thought Darkseid had killed Supergirl with it.(She was teleported away a split second before the blast actually hit her, making it seem like the blast had worked).

#106 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:00 PM

Meh, we have seen it put him down before, perhaps he was holding back. I have seen DS use it to punish Desaad, so he can obviously control how powerful it is.

#107 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:22 PM

LOL in other words DC can't make up there damn minds as usually on there character's power levels.

Darkseid wasn't holding back and never does against Superman.

#108 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:27 PM

LOL in other words DC can't make up there damn minds as usually on there character's power levels.

How about when he smacked Superman around and then turned around and was going to leave until Superman attacked him from behind. Darkseid has never actually gone all out against anyone. Show one opponent where he has. Darkseid has never been shown going all out against anyone but Jimmy Olsen with the power and knowledge of all the new gods. Even then he barely lost but didnt die.

and back to something I have posted numerous times that people seem unable to dispute so they ignore it...

1) comic mechanics use to be accepted as common knowledge. Lately people seem to think of it as a way to justify there character for winning. If Thanos was Batman's nemesis, in the comic books he would eventually win by finding some miraculous way too. Thats what comic mechanics do for you. Its the hero clause; no matter what happens the hero wins in the end.

2)AGAIN.... name a way Supes can ACTUALLY defeat Darkseid since Seid is superior in all other ways.

No one on Supes side has addressed the above points with anything reasonable or logical. Until they are proven I consider it a win for Darkseid.

#109 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:28 PM

Heh, that is comic books for ya.

I believe Darkseid has held back before. There has been a few times he wanted to talk to Darkseid, Superman attacked and Darkseid pimp slapped him and said listen. So, if he wasn't holding back he would have done more then a slap.

#110 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:52 PM

No, if you can tell me one way. ONE WAY. That Seid avoids being FTL Speed-Blitzed before he can even THINK about the OE or the OB or the O-whatever, tell me. He does NOT have instant reflexes. Supes HAS FTL speed-blitzed BEFORE, so you can't say he couldn't.

#111 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:05 PM

here's how the battle is going to go:

Superman speed blitzes, flying over to Darkseid, hammering at him and blasting him with his heat vision, which doesn't really do much, Darkseid takes some damage but he can take a lot of damage before he's dead, now while superman is hammering away, Darkseid lashes out, hitting Superman and launching him away, while Superman is reeling from the blow, Darkseid fires the Omega beam and teleports Superman into the heart of a red sun, killing him.

Darkseid wins.

#112 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:37 PM

here's how the battle is going to go:

Superman speed blitzes, flying over to Darkseid, hammering at him and blasting him with his heat vision, which doesn't really do much, Darkseid takes some damage but he can take a lot of damage before he's dead, now while superman is hammering away, Darkseid lashes out, hitting Superman and launching him away, while Superman is reeling from the blow, Darkseid fires the Omega beam and teleports Superman into the heart of a red sun, killing him.

Darkseid wins.

Except Darkseid dosen't have near that kind of durability. In the comics he gets hurt and damaged by Superman's punches at REGULAR speed. The power of Supe's punches would be magnified incredibly at light speed, even though Supes could get in hundreds of hits, he would only need a few to dispatch Darkseid. The fight's literally over in less than a nanosecond.

#113 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts
  • Interests:The Avant-Garde, I Represent

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:44 PM

Except Darkseid dosen't have near that kind of durability. In the comics he gets hurt and damaged by Superman's punches at REGULAR speed. The power of Supe's punches would be magnified incredibly at light speed, even though Supes could get in hundreds of hits, he would only need a few to dispatch Darkseid. The fight's literally over in less than a nanosecond.

Can't Darkseid react in nanoseconds?

#114 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:59 PM

Can't Darkseid react in nanoseconds?

Yeah, and Supes is massively FTL. FTL >>>>>>>> Nanosecond reflexes. The guy's effortlessly sped out of double black holes and crossed hundreds of light years in seconds.

#115 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:49 PM

The point is this.

Yeah without comic mechanics Darkseid doesn't have anything to hold him back. But that doesn't change the fact Superman has beaten the living daylights out of him many times. Superman has been shown to be more powerful then Darkseid as far as strength, invunerability, speed, stamina, and more. Doesn't help Darkseid either that Post Crisis he was been seriously depowered either so its even more given that Superman would still beat the crap out of Darkseid.

By the way will someone please show me a scan of the Omega Beams teleporting somebody?

I honestly have never seen this and would love for someone to show me.

#116 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:07 PM

Here you go bigballerju
Superman tries to work covertly in Apokolips, but Darkseid knows better and sends his beams a great distance, and teleports Superman before the Dark God

1. http://i256.photobuc...manv2104-17.jpg
2. http://i256.photobuc...manv2104-18.jpg
---------------------------------------------
Superman #104 [Vol.2]
Darkseid once again teleports Superman but this time from Apokolips back to Earth

1. http://i256.photobuc...manv2104-19.jpg
2. http://i256.photobuc...manv2104-20.jpg
Darkseid teleports Lightray and Orin away to a place of his choosing. Even Orin knows he can’t fight Darkseid’s will

1. http://i256.photobuc...2NewGods005.jpg
2. http://i256.photobuc...2NewGods006.jpg
New Gods #12 [Vol.2]
Here Darkseid teleports Harry Lockman from Apokolips to Earth

1. http://i256.photobuc..._22_rougher.jpg
New Gods #1 [Vol.3]
Darkseid teleports himself, Granny Goodness and Desaad to his lab

1. http://i256.photobuc...Godsv301-07.jpg
2. http://i256.photobuc...Godsv301-08.jpg
Martian Manhunter #34-35 [Vol.2]
Darkseid teleports Martian Manhunter from Apokolips to Mars

1. http://i256.photobuc...r34kebbin21.jpg
2. http://i256.photobuc...r34kebbin22.jpg
3. http://i256.photobuc...r35kebbin02.jpg
Darkseid once again banishes Superman from Apokolips and sends him home. He felt indebted to Superman for helping him with Doomsday and swore he would not fight Superman till he made amends.

1. http://i256.photobuc...erman518p19.jpg
2. http://i256.photobuc...erman518p20.jpg
3. http://i256.photobuc...erman518p21.jpg

There is more but you get the point

#117 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:37 PM

Face it.

Superman can not hurt Darkseid enough before he can react and simply teleport him to a red sun, transmutate, or attack him mentally.

Darkseid wins.

#118 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:24 PM

Hayes thank you very much. LOL thats honestly what I wanted was prove that he
could teleport because I had never seen him use it. Now I can see yea Darkseid very well could end
it quickly by just teleporting him in the red sun. However like Force Echo said Superman is
FTL beyond belief and it has been shown if he moves at those levels the Omega Beams can't touch him.

Now that you have actually shown me scans the Omega beam can teleport then
I am force to say if Superman reacts like he always does to take the Omega Beams because
they can't kill him. Darkseid could very well instead of using them to kill him, use the Omega
Beams to teleport him in the red sun.

I see now DC rarely shows they can teleport because fans will say how come Darkseid didn't just teleport
Superman or Batman in various instances. Superman still has a chance if Darkseid decides to use his Omega beams to try and kill Superman. Darkseid most of the time goes for that so Superman if Darkseid goes for that will then beat the crap out of Darkseid before he can use them again.

If Darkseid decides to teleport then yea Superman dies in a red sun. Superman wouldn't be expecting Darkseid to teleport him. Hell Darkseid uses it so very little Superman would forget he had it.

#119 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:33 AM

No, if you can tell me one way. ONE WAY. That Seid avoids being FTL Speed-Blitzed before he can even THINK about the OE or the OB or the O-whatever, tell me. He does NOT have instant reflexes. Supes HAS FTL speed-blitzed BEFORE, so you can't say he couldn't.

Well, Superman has said he is not faster than the speed of light. And then Darkseid crushes his mind with telepathy, or devolves him, both of which Supes has no defense. Superman loses.

#120 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:56 AM

Well, Superman has said he is not faster than the speed of light. And then Darkseid crushes his mind with telepathy, or devolves him, both of which Supes has no defense. Superman loses.

Superman is faster the speed of light and more. Thats the one thing Hayes, Me, Falcon,
and others agree on. I think what we have here now is what will Darkseid do?

Will he teleport Superman which he never does or fight Superman as usual?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users