#41 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:57 PM

*Spits out blood.

In my book civilians are noncombatants. Are the FF really noncombatants? Also, one of them is a target for this mission. If Old Nick Fury wanted no one to die, he would have simply said “no causalities.”

I'm going by how they're actually seen. After all, they're not really associated with any Government Agency or whatnot. Sure, they work with them on occasions but that doesn't necessarily make them a non-civilian. The fact that they can fight doesn't denote their being civilians. They are civilians in the strictest sense of the word, albeit with super powers.

#42 Mr. Outstanding

Mr. Outstanding

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:00 PM

*Staggers, sways, but recovers. Eyesight returns. Focus follows.

Look, if you want someone who will throw shackles and cages at the issue and is afraid to get their hands dirty, by all means hire one of these other guys. But if you want someone who is eager to play rough, as rough as these so-called "superheroes," and, most importantly, Get The Job Done, well, Mr. Outstanding is your man.

#43 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:08 PM

Look, if you want someone who will throw shackles and cages at the issue and is afraid to get their hands dirty, by all means hire one of these other guys. But if you want someone who is eager to play rough, as rough as these so-called "superheroes," and, most importantly, Get The Job Done, well, Mr. Outstanding is your man.

I'm fairly certain that playing as "dirty" as you have isn't necessary in this scenario. After all, SHIELD and all its associates have absolutely no reason to murder three of the Super Heroes in the world that do nothing but benefit mankind all just to get one guy who can be easily caught via nonlethal means.

Its not about people being "afraid". Its about people THINKING on how to get it done with the minimum deaths and property loss, no deaths or loss is wholly preferred. That's the path I took. Its badass you proclaim yourself as willing to play dirty and get the job done in the same manner as Wolverine, but even then, you'd have to think: Is it really needed? Could it be done in a safer and better way that best benefits everyone? I think so. And it can easily get the job done, even so more efficiently.

#44 Mr. Outstanding

Mr. Outstanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:12 PM

I'm fairly certain that playing as "dirty" as you have isn't necessary in this scenario. After all, SHIELD and all its associates have absolutely no reason to murder three of the Super Heroes in the world that do nothing but benefit mankind all just to get one guy who can be easily caught via nonlethal means.

Its not about people being "afraid". Its about people THINKING on how to get it done with the minimum deaths and property loss, no deaths or loss is wholly preferred. That's the path I took. Its badass you proclaim yourself as willing to play dirty and get the job done in the same manner as Wolverine, but even then, you'd have to think: Is it really needed? Could it be done in a safer and better way that best benefits everyone? I think so. And it can easily get the job done, even so more efficiently.

*Recoils from the impact of the criticism. Blood leaks out of ears and mouth. Somehow, takes two wobbly steps forward. Speech is slurred:

To me, there are only two paths: success and failure. Fear, loss that doesn't affect those two things, these are sentiments that I can't be distracted by.

#45 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:16 PM

*Recoils from the impact of the criticism. Blood leaks out of ears and mouth. Somehow, takes two wobbly steps forward. Speech is slurred:

To me, there are only two paths: success and failure. Fear, loss that doesn't affect those two things, these are sentiments that I can't be distracted by.

Even people go forth unerringly trying for success with the safer way that doesn't end badly for anyone. :(

Its those that have no hope or belief in the safer path that take the path that doesn't benefit anyone but themselves. At least that's how I see it myself.

#46 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:19 PM

Keep in mind, I am enjoying this kind of debate. :(

#47 Mr. Outstanding

Mr. Outstanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:21 PM

Even people go forth unerringly trying for success with the safer way that doesn't end badly for anyone. :(

Its those that have no hope or belief in the safer path that take the path that doesn't benefit anyone but themselves. At least that's how I see it myself.

*Nose cracks brutally, breaks to the side from the blow of criticism. Lurches, blood gushing from face. Slips in own blood but maintains footing.

Who can say if those other plans will work? My plan only considers the goal before me and won't be obscured by things like safety.

#48 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:24 PM

*Nose cracks brutally, breaks to the side from the blow of criticism. Lurches, blood gushing from face. Slips in own blood but maintains footing.

Who can say if those other plans will work? My plan only considers the goal before me and won't be obscured by things like safety.

The same can be said for your own plans. Besides that, SHIELD doesn't generally do this kind of deal to super heroes, especially ones they'd consider allies.

#49 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:25 PM

I feel like I'm watching a Mortal Kombat AI fight. And Mr. Outstanding is moments away from getting FATALITY'd.

#50 Mr. Outstanding

Mr. Outstanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:26 PM

Keep in mind, I am enjoying this kind of debate. :(

Mr. Outstanding relishes such opportunities. They help him continue his growth. The brain behind the mask (as flawed as it is) swells to the challenge.

#51 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:27 PM

Mr. Outstanding relishes such opportunities. They help him continue his growth. The brain behind the mask (as flawed as it is) swells to the challenge.

Likewise. :(

#52 Mr. Outstanding

Mr. Outstanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:31 PM

The same can be said for your own plans. Besides that, SHIELD doesn't generally do this kind of deal to super heroes, especially ones they'd consider allies.

*Totters, loses consciousness and falls to knees, but at the critical moment phases back in and dodges an incoming blow. Dances backwards, tripping. But still alive, :( still alive.

If they consider themselves allies to the FF, why would they attempt to kidnap Ben Grimm without even telling the FF why? This is closer, IMO, to how enemies treat each other. I will take it that SHIELD has, in essence, declared war upon the FF by resorting to such tactics. Back to the civilian issue, this would make them become unequivocal non-civilians.

#53 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:37 PM

*Totters, loses consciousness and falls to knees, but at the critical moment phases back in and dodges an incoming blow. Dances backwards, tripping. But still alive, :( still alive.

If they consider themselves allies to the FF, why would they attempt to kidnap Ben Grimm without even telling the FF why? This is closer, IMO, to how enemies treat each other. I will take it that SHIELD has, in essence, declared war upon the FF by resorting to such tactics. Back to the civilian issue, this would make them become unequivocal non-civilians.

Well, for once, SHIELD is an organization that deals with extremely sensitive matters. Perhaps its too a sensitive matter for them to share with civilians such as the Fantastic Four and only concerns Ben Grimm? Besides that, the scenario doesn't seem to share any hint of them having declared war on the FF4, because otherwise, if they had, I'd see them bringing in someone else other than the Rhino that would have the capabilities of defeating the FF4, like perhaps the Sentry to someone lower on the power chain. And again, its only Ben they're focusing on, so that doesn't make sense. So no, it wouldn't make them become unequivocal non-civilians, unless Nick Fury of SHIELD openly admitted they were at war with the FF4, which, I sincerely doubt and have proven some semblance of doubt as shared in the scenario provided.

#54 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:39 PM

The Thing? Easy! First, I get my hands on a holographic image inducer. Me and my SHIELD agents move in on the Baxter building. Stealth team, obviously. Everyone is asleep, as it is 12:00. My team sedates the other 3, just to be safe. While Thing is sleeping, we use contained knockout gas on him, making sure he stays asleep. We then move Thing into a truck outside, made of Vibranium and Adamantium. When Thing wakes up, we are almost to the SHIELD base. A SHIELD agent who has been reviewing tapes of the Baxter building and making note of Mr. Fantastics behavior uses image inducer to imitate Mr Fantastic and calm Thing down. "Mr Fantastic" offers Thing a drink filled with fast acting tranquilizer. Thing goes unconscious, giving us enough time to take Thing into custody. *Copys Jagear Panzer* Oh, and we set up a life model decoy in things place. Sorry Rhino, didn't need you.

#55 Mr. Outstanding

Mr. Outstanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:45 PM

Well, for once, SHIELD is an organization that deals with extremely sensitive matters. Perhaps its too a sensitive matter for them to share with civilians such as the Fantastic Four and only concerns Ben Grimm? Besides that, the scenario doesn't seem to share any hint of them having declared war on the FF4, because otherwise, if they had, I'd see them bringing in someone else other than the Rhino that would have the capabilities of defeating the FF4, like perhaps the Sentry to someone lower on the power chain. And again, its only Ben they're focusing on, so that doesn't make sense. So no, it wouldn't make them become unequivocal non-civilians, unless Nick Fury of SHIELD openly admitted they were at war with the FF4, which, I sincerely doubt and have proven some semblance of doubt as shared in the scenario provided.

*Arms go limp from rib-crunching impact of blow. Body doesn't seem to be respoding, but still standing.

I understand that the information can be sensitive, but why would Fury not fill me in on why Ben is to be brought in? I will be forced to assume that Ben, and his allies, are the enemy unless told otherwise. This is how I think, and Mr. Fury, who always does his research, would've known who he was hiring for the job. You want the big gun, you better be ready for the kick. *Flexes muscles. Spandex rips. :(

#56 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:50 PM

*Arms go limp from rib-crunching impact of blow. Body doesn't seem to be respoding, but still standing.

I understand that the information can be sensitive, but why would Fury not fill me in on why Ben is to be brought in? I will be forced to assume that Ben, and his allies, are the enemy unless told otherwise. This is how I think, and Mr. Fury, who always does his research, would've known who he was hiring for the job. You want the big gun, you better be ready for the kick. *Flexes muscles. Spandex rips. :(

Because we know Nick Fury's even hidden information from his own comrades of SHIELD. And it isn't always necessary to think everyone who's a target an enemy? If that was the case, is capturing a VIP an enemy as well?

#57 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:54 PM

I will allow the deaths of the FF as long as the public doesn't know SHIELD did it.

#58 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:55 PM

In that case, previous plan, only rest of FF are poisoned, and we don't need to waste a valuable LMD.

#59 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:57 PM

I will allow the deaths of the FF as long as the public doesn't know SHIELD did it.

I will choose the plan I am going with late to tonight, details of the grand scheme will be revealed.....

#60 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:59 PM

In that case, previous plan, only rest of FF are poisoned, and we don't need to waste a valuable LMD.

LMDs are used left and right in the Marvel universe, its not really that much of a waste. And Rhino seems to be ignored.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users