112 replies to this topic

#21 Mr. Outstanding

Mr. Outstanding

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:07 AM

Personnel use? I dont think Nick Fury is the kind of person to just hand out helecopters full of acid to anyone that asks him for it. And why would you want to kill him? Are you really that obsessed with your mission that your willing to kill the person that ordered you to do itin the first place? :P Ok, fine, whatever, lets say that actually makes sense, and you get two helecopters full of acid. More acid isn't gonna help, as the first batch was enough to reduce him to a skeleton. Thats happened to him before, and he's healed from it in just a few minutes. And you still haven't said what you plan to do after that. Trap him in a cage? he cuts through it. Adamantium cage? Adamantium>adamantium, correct? So I just don't see option 1 working. As for option two, ok, fine whatever, I'll cut you a break. Lets say that you successfully befriend Wolverine, and get him drunk. As I said before, due to his healing factor, he sobers up FAST. And even if you can shoot him before that happenes, Wolverine gets shot at all the time, and I don't remember that ever knocking him out. Yeah it happened in the second movie, but that was a movie. So I don't see that one working either.

I'll only say this once more, if Nick Fury gets in the way of my mission he won't be there to congratulate me afterwards. Lets just put it that way.
Makes sense to me. :(

I never said anything about a cage. At all. And I never will. I used trucks, boats, acid, bullets. Those are my tools.

About coming back from a skeleton. It is a little ridiculous, but apparently Wolvering has regened from a skeleton before. Even if such a thing were possible . . . . here's what I would do. After dumping the acid onto him (and the others), I would then place the skeleton (which can miraculously bring back living tissue in a way that reminds me of the Japanese anime Guyver) in a vat of acid. If the skeleton is suspended in Acid, how can wolvie do his magic and come back? What say you to that? :P

About sobering up—I wouldn’t give him the time to. I simply need him to pass out. I trust that wolverine will want to get drunk because he strikes me as that type. Haunted by his past. Wants to bury it. He knows that he needs to drink more than the average joe, and he’ll do it. I’d give him a bottle of sake to drink on his long walk back to his room. I would befriend him, then encourage him to drink up, dear, dear wolvie. Drink up. Your past is haunted with the ghosts of your victims. You’ve got blood on your claws. Here, take another sip.

As far as the bullets not knocking him out um . . . I’m no brain surgeon, but I’m pretty sure a bullet to certain parts of the brain would cause one to lose consciousness . . at the least.

#22 nickzambuto

nickzambuto

Cannon Fodder

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:39 AM

I'll only say this once more, if Nick Fury gets in the way of my mission he won't be there to congratulate me afterwards. Lets just put it that way.
Makes sense to me. :(

I never said anything about a cage. At all. And I never will. I used trucks, boats, acid, bullets. Those are my tools.

About coming back from a skeleton. It is a little ridiculous, but apparently Wolvering has regened from a skeleton before. Even if such a thing were possible . . . . here's what I would do. After dumping the acid onto him (and the others), I would then place the skeleton (which can miraculously bring back living tissue in a way that reminds me of the Japanese anime Guyver) in a vat of acid. If the skeleton is suspended in Acid, how can wolvie do his magic and come back? What say you to that? :P

About sobering up—I wouldn’t give him the time to. I simply need him to pass out. I trust that wolverine will want to get drunk because he strikes me as that type. Haunted by his past. Wants to bury it. He knows that he needs to drink more than the average joe, and he’ll do it. I’d give him a bottle of sake to drink on his long walk back to his room. I would befriend him, then encourage him to drink up, dear, dear wolvie. Drink up. Your past is haunted with the ghosts of your victims. You’ve got blood on your claws. Here, take another sip.

As far as the bullets not knocking him out um . . . I’m no brain surgeon, but I’m pretty sure a bullet to certain parts of the brain would cause one to lose consciousness . . at the least.

I still see a few flaws in plan 1, but I'll cut you a brake. If you do it fast enough, I guess it would work. So good job. But as for plan 2, yuor still wrong. The bullet wouldn't peirce Wolverines adamantium skull. It would just hit the adamantium, and well, not do very much. I suppose it might work with an adamantium bullet, but I doubt even SHIELD has enough adamantium for enough bullets to shoot Wolverine in the head every minute, as you said previously, over the course of the several week boat trip. But hey, you still got plan 1 to work with. So good job, I give you a B-

#23 Mr. Outstanding

Mr. Outstanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:38 PM

I still see a few flaws in plan 1, but I'll cut you a brake. If you do it fast enough, I guess it would work. So good job. But as for plan 2, yuor still wrong. The bullet wouldn't peirce Wolverines adamantium skull. It would just hit the adamantium, and well, not do very much. I suppose it might work with an adamantium bullet, but I doubt even SHIELD has enough adamantium for enough bullets to shoot Wolverine in the head every minute, as you said previously, over the course of the several week boat trip. But hey, you still got plan 1 to work with. So good job, I give you a B-

I never asked for a break, nor do I need one. It's fairly clear to me that I'm winning this argument. :(

I forgot to mention that the gun will be specially designed with a long, thin barrel to be inserted into the nose and so bypass the adamantium skull. It would be done while wolvie was passed out. Flaws in option 1? By all means, elaborate.

#24 Mr. Outstanding

Mr. Outstanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:41 PM

By the way, I only will settle for A+ in this mission. B- means that I fail in my book.

#25 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:45 PM

By all means, elaborate.

The problem with your first scenario is that you're committing cold-blooded murder. There's no doubt that S.H.I.E.L.D will be monitoring the scenario from the Helicarrier, and when you send their agents in to die like cattle what do you think they're going to do? Reward you with a medal and a pat on the back? No. They'll send you to prison.

#26 Mr. Outstanding

Mr. Outstanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:48 PM

The problem with your first scenario is that you're committing cold-blooded murder. There's no doubt that S.H.I.E.L.D will be monitoring the scenario from the Helicarrier, and when you send their agents in to die like cattle what do you think they're going to do? Reward you with a medal and a pat on the back? No. They'll send you to prison.

Like I said in my earlier post, I don't care what happens afterwards. I only want to accomplish the mission. In the rules for the fight there wasn't anything saying that I couldn't be arrested etc. AFTER the mission was completed. My goal is to take down and bring in the corpse or pseudo-corpse of the Wolverine. They can try me for war crimes afterwards if they want. :(

. . . . anything else

#27 Mr. Outstanding

Mr. Outstanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:53 PM

The rules did state no civilian casualities, but obviously my "combatants" aren't civilians. In order to take down the wolverine one has to discard such things "Oh no, what will SHIELD say about my tactics?"

#28 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:04 PM

Huh, for my idea, it'd only take a few personnel, one or two dual wielding tweaked out Taser Guns, not two helicopters, the Silver Samurai, and five SHIELD agents. :(

But I'd follow up on my idea, and once he's been tasered, I'd use something like Titanium restraints positioned on Wolverine's wrists that does not enable him to straighten his wrists, which is needed for him to unsheathe his claws. I'd also put restraints on his legs, and perhaps bind his head to prevent any biting or headbutting. Then transportation would be easy.

Mission accomplished. :P

#29 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:05 PM

Like I said in my earlier post, I don't care what happens afterwards. I only want to accomplish the mission. In the rules for the fight there wasn't anything saying that I couldn't be arrested etc. AFTER the mission was completed. My goal is to take down and bring in the corpse or pseudo-corpse of the Wolverine. They can try me for war crimes afterwards if they want. :(

. . . . anything else

Wouldn't the thing with the Acid be extremely risky? I mean, if it's powerful enough to melt adamantium like you're implying, and the civilians will probably be running for their lives through the door of the bar, what if the acid splashes on and kills the fleeing civilians? I mean, dumping it from a helicopter is hardly the most accurate way to hit Wolvie, and since you seem to be implying that the agents are luring Wolverine to just outside the entrance of the bar, wouldn't it be possible for a screaming civilian to run through the door at the exact moment the acid is dropped and die a horrible, horrible death along with the S.H.I.E.L.D agents?

Also, you know that killing Silver Samurai would technically count as killing a civilian, right? <.< He's not an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D...

#30 Mr. Outstanding

Mr. Outstanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:12 PM

Wouldn't the thing with the Acid be extremely risky? I mean, if it's powerful enough to melt adamantium like you're implying, and the civilians will probably be running for their lives through the door of the bar, what if the acid splashes on and kills the fleeing civilians? I mean, dumping it from a helicopter is hardly the most accurate way to hit Wolvie, and since you seem to be implying that the agents are luring Wolverine to just outside the entrance of the bar, wouldn't it be possible for a screaming civilian to run through the door at the exact moment the acid is dropped and die a horrible, horrible death along with the S.H.I.E.L.D agents?

Also, you know that killing Silver Samurai would technically count as killing a civilian, right? <.< He's not an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D...

True, Silver Samurai is not an Agent of SHIELD, but he was HIRED by SHIELD in this for a non-civilian role. He is not a civilian.

The thing with the acid would be risky, but so would any other method of confronting wolvie IMO. I would do my best to make sure the area outside the bar were clear. Also, one of the five could bar the door as wolvie walks out to keep anyone inside the bar from exiting.

#31 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:22 PM

After reviewing your plans Jaegar's is the one I choose to go with. Wolverine is in custody.

Next target: The Thing
SHIELD needs Ben Grimm in custody for some...well it is classified, just know that we need him in. The Rhino has agreed to a plea bargain to help bring him in. You need to take Grimm in without his three friends knowing, I suggest baiting him away from his friends. No civilian casualties, keep damage to a low. He is in New York City, good luck agent! You have our resources and agents at your disposal, remember his friends can't know we have him.

#32 Mr. Outstanding

Mr. Outstanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:24 PM

[quote name='Hayesmeister5651' date='Jun 11 2011, 01:22 PM' post='222915']
After reviewing your plans Jaegar's is the one I choose to go with. Wolverine is in custody.

*Hangs head in shame and begins the long, sad walk home.

#33 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:31 PM

Next target: The Thing
SHIELD needs Ben Grimm in custody for some...well it is classified, just know that we need him in. The Rhino has agreed to a plea bargain to help bring him in. You need to take Grimm in without his three friends knowing, I suggest baiting him away from his friends. No civilian casualties, keep damage to a low. He is in New York City, good luck agent! You have our resources and agents at your disposal, remember his friends can't know we have him.

I'd send Ben Grimm a message regarding his friends over at Yancy that they're being held hostage by the Rhino and a few others (Keep in mind this is a lure), and that he must come without notifying his comrades lest his "friends" be "murdered". I'd lead him to an abandoned warehouse quite a ways away from any nearby civilians. At this instance, I'd outfit the Rhino with an armored face with a breather because the Warehouse, which has been sealed airtight thanks to a few modifications as per SHIELD, would be pumped full of heavy duty sleeping gas, but it'd be done slowly so the Thing doesn't notice it immediately as he begins his fight with Rhino. Once it gets rolling, the gas would increase almost immediately, and due to the Thing breathing harder and faster, he'd intake the gas faster, and get weaker and tired while the Rhino could further wear him down. Eventually... he'd become unconscious by either the Rhino's hand or the gas's. After this, SHIELD sends a Life Model Decoy of Ben to the FF4's home in his place in order to avoid arousing any suspicions.

#34 Mr. Outstanding

Mr. Outstanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:34 PM

*Shakes off depression, wheels begin turning, decides to take on this new mission.

Ben Grimm huh?

Here is what I'd do: turn the rest of the Fantastic Four against Ben. Hire the stealthiest and most able agents I can to plant evidence to make it look like Ben is having an affair with Susan Richards. Chaos ensues. In a fit of rage, Ben accidently kills Reed Richards. The human torch goes after Ben. But the human torch has been poisoned earlier at a party by one of my agents (slipping something into his drink, per my usual tactics) and is weakened. His flame is snuffed out and he plummets to his death. Susan Richards, so overwhelmed with grief and not wanting to continue the bloodshed, commits suicide.

Ben Grimm knows that no affair has taken place, but what can he do? Any research into how the evidence turned up leads nowhere. My men were like ghosts.

It is a sad and lonely time for Ben Grimm. It is at this moment that I befriend Mr. Grimm at a bar (sound familiar?), win him over with my charisma, and get him to come into SHIELD. I LIE to him and tell him that we want him to join when in reality we will be . . . Anyway, as he is feeling lonely and misses the comradery of the now deceased FF, he comes in willingly, without a fight.

*Puts up dukes and prepares to fend of critics of Mr. Outstanding's plan. Verbally, of course.

#35 Mr. Outstanding

Mr. Outstanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:35 PM

By the way, his friends wont know SHIELD has Ben, because they will all be dead. :(

#36 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:40 PM

Pretty certain Hayes wants no deaths on account of the others of FF4.

#37 Mr. Outstanding

Mr. Outstanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:46 PM

Pretty certain Hayes wants no deaths on account of the others of FF4.

Was this in the job description? If he didn't specify that can't do certain things, I will do those things. If he changes the guidelines, I will question Nick Fury's leadership capabilities. And this wouldn't be good because there are a lot of people within SHIELD who I have been sucking up to over the years. If someone else were to take command . . . well . . . :(

*Parries blow and gets ready for others.

#38 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:47 PM

Shoot 'im with the gun Richards used to kill him.

#39 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:49 PM

Was this in the job description? If he didn't specify that can't do certain things, I will do those things. If he changes the guidelines, I will question Nick Fury's leadership capabilities. And this wouldn't be good because there are a lot of people within SHIELD who I have been sucking up to over the years. If someone else were to take command . . . well . . . :P

*Parries blow and gets ready for others.

Heh, the Fantastic Four while they may have super powers, they are technically civilians that operate on their own. :/

In job description: No Civilian Casualties. :(

#40 Mr. Outstanding

Mr. Outstanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:53 PM

Heh, the Fantastic Four while they may have super powers, they are technically civilians that operate on their own. :/

In job description: No Civilian Casualties. :(

*Spits out blood.

In my book civilians are noncombatants. Are the FF really noncombatants? Also, one of them is a target for this mission. If Old Nick Fury wanted no one to die, he would have simply said “no causalities.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users