77 replies to this topic

#61 Updatedude

Updatedude

Don't feed him after midnight

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:34 AM

Mat smiled a maniacal smile. Because he's a maniac. And a squirrel.

Grabbing the C4, he began stuffing the high explosives down his own throat, ignoring his own choking and they slid down his gullet. He didn't even pause to wipe away his own involuntary tears and mucus as he grabbed the remaining explosives and began concealing them under his clothing. Only when he was done with that, did he take a couple moments to make himself presentable. He began making his way toward the Monaco gate, concealing the balance he had in corners or dark spots on his way to the gate. With any luck, he might be able to trigger these packs to blow up in a chain explosion later.

Meanwhile, Billy was also smiling maniacally. He felt it, he managed to clip the annoying little twerp. By now his vision was restored, and he saw that he's got her on the ropes. Unless someone pulls off something dramatic, he's going to dog her till she dies.

#62 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:45 AM

Mokin fell hard to the ground. Her body throbbed with pain, the last hit glanced her head. Her mind...

"Shanks you kinds sir." she said in painful delirium. "you's ish teh nishest guy evah". Mokin stumbled about clumsily. She waved her wand around randomly. In the vicinity, random bugs, squirrels and birds changed and morphed into various other creatures. As Billy loomed menacingly, she laughed and danced playfully, "I'm a preeetty princezz!". The repeated beatings had their effect. Her mind was gone (not as if it had far to go). Billy raised his club to strike again as Mokin looked on...

"Billy! Club!!! Pain? No more pain! Scott help me!". She screamed. Suddenly, she flailed her arms up and outward like a bird. Her eyes glazed over in a crazed expression. Her voice cleared as she began to speak again; it took on a deeper husky tone, "You have made a grave mistake!". She pointed her wand at Billy as a comic book fell from her back pocket. It read: the Phoenix Saga! "For millennia I have slept and now you have awakened me. Now the world shall fear the might of the Mokin Force!". With a poof, the combined animals in the area flew together in a jumbled mess of limbs, fur, feathers and poison. With great strain, Mokin had morphed the beasties into one single animal...a monstrously large rabid Eagle. In her last desperate plea, she compelled the creature, "Defend me oh great phoenix. Eat his eyeballs!". With that, she collapsed from exhaustion. "Scott...I love you."

#63 Updatedude

Updatedude

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:18 AM

Billy barely paid attention to the looming beast before him. He just went straight for Mokin's collapsing form. Through sheer will, he swung his arm with the dislocated shoulder toward the bird, intending to sacrifice it if it meant he could get a clean hit on Mokin.

What Mokin and everybody else still seem to fail to realize is that while intelligent, Billy's still essentially a walking corpse. He may feel pain, but he would gladly walk into a hail of bullets if it meant fulfilling Mat's command. In this case, he would gladly let the giant bird rip his arm off and then bleed to death if it meant that he could kill Mokin and Cat. Worst case scenario for Billy right now is that he's delayed the duo in some way.

After all, he's obviously shown these two to be hostile. The guards will at least have to detain them for questioning if nothing else.

Viva la death!

#64 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 19 June 2011 - 02:44 PM

Cat was suprised by the force of her own blast as the frogs came down. Swatting any remainder away with an airblast she turned just in time to fail in helping Mokin.

"Dammit." Cat says as she sees the baton connect with Mokin's head. The mere sight of it, causes Cat to wince. She moves forward, hoping to sneak by when Mokin's voice changes. Seeing Mokin's...odd retort and gibberish speaking phases her somewhat, though seeing the girl hit the ground snaps her out of it. Wary of the bird and Billy, Cat inches her way closer towards them, though still behind the guard when she saw he was intent on killing the downed Mokin. She needed to act fast. Trying to "grab" Mokin again with the air around her, now that she was immobile, and would direct it so that it would skid her across the ground and away from Billy's strike. Then her attention was on immobilizing Billy. With another swift movement, Cat send two more air blasts at Billy this time: The first aimed at his heels to unbalance and knock him flat on his back and the second blast aimed at the front of his face as a gurantee to make sure he didn't find his mark.

#65 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

Hobbit

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:cacoethes scribendi

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:53 PM

"Well, friends, it seems we are in quite the predicament." Zama turned to those who had made it safely to the gate. "While I am aware that the kerfuffle is keeping most of whatever security measures this crossroads has to offer busy it will not do so indefinitely. As such, I suggest we proceed and hope for the best for our comrades, considering they are offering what may well be a much needed distraction..."

As he speaks, Zama reaches out to Cat's mind. I dare say, my dear, that this dawdling is not in our best interests at this point. I suggest that, as I mentioned earlier, that absconding is the desired methodology at the moment. I am going through the gate and do wish you would make haste in joining me on the other side!

#66 Tarvius

Tarvius

Ironwolverorschach Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:16 PM

Enko and Illiandara had been staring almost blankly at all the commotion going on around them but made no real move to take action. Enko was the first to be broken from the trance and begin to tug at his partner's hand urging her to follow him through the gate to Monaco.

Illiandara suddenly came to, "Oh sorry, I was thinking about what mop I'd like for my birthday." And with that they walked through the gate.

#67 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:01 PM

Almost two days have passed since I updated. Think peeps have had enough time to decide their fates.

Cat: 1) Grabbing Mokin and pulling her back from Billy. Again. 2) Attacking Billy so as to immobilize him.

Judgement of Actions: Multiple actions here. There's gonna be a -1 penalty to each die roll. Otherwise, everything's fairly reasonable. The +1 from that will negate the multitasking penalty. So, same as before.

Difficulty: 1) With Mokin hurting she isn't moving around as much. The catch is that Billy is totally consumed with taking her down. If Cat gets a 7 she'll pull Mokin away AFTER Billy gets a blow in. Meaning Billy won't be able to attack Mokin NEXT turn. If Cat gets a 10, she'll pull Mokin away BEFORE Billy gets his attack in. Billy will have a chance to move in and attack if he rolls high on his own attack roll if Cat is successful. 2) It'll be an 8 to trip Billy and hinder him, giving him a -1 penalty on this round and next round's attacks. If Cat is lucky and scores a 11 she'll give him a -3 penalty.

Results: 1) 11 + 1 - 1 = 11. SUPER LUCKY AGAIN! Cat whisks away Mokin as Billy lunges at her. Billy will need to roll super high to land a blow on her this turn. 2) 6 + 1 - 1 = 6. Unfortunately, Billy's erratic and suicidal movements confound Cat and she's unable to hinder his movement this turn. Hopefully her move to save Mokin will be enough...

---

Mokin: Goes all Jean Grey and shit.

Judgement of Actions: Yeah. That was awesome. Awesomer than other stuff Mokin's done thus far. +2 for coolness. With her -3 penalty for being SERIOUSLY DAMAGED Mokin is only suffering a -1 penalty this turn.

Difficulty: With Billy distracted by his pursuit of Mokin balanced by his distorted, marionette-like movements, Billy has an "average" to-hit of 7.

Results: 6 + 2 - 3 = 5. The Phoenix Force did not go Dark this time around. It just kinda fizzled. Billy's mangled arm shoves the fire bird out of the way, sending it flying into the wall. It isn't hurt, but when fire and wall meet it usually means something catches aflame. Yeah...

---

Billy: SMASHARAMA!

Judgement of Actions: +2 for the full on attack, like last round.

Difficulty: Billy needs an 11 to hit Mokin due to Cat's actions. But if he hits...

Results: 3 + 2 = 5. And Cat's whisking away of Mokin saves her. For now.

---

Mat: Loading up on C4 so he can suicide bomb the Monaco gate. He needs to 1) Sneak up on the group and 2) BOMB THEM without being caught first.

Judgement of Actions: +3 for sheer balls to take out the other characters. But each action will have a -1 penalty, since he needs to sneak up on them quick-like AND set off the bombs before anyone has a chance to interfere.

Difficulty: Sneaking up isn't too hard. 7 difficulty. But he'll need a 9 to set off the bombs before someone notices something's up.

Results: 1) 7 + 3 - 1 = 9. No problem getting to the group. They don't see him coming from the distance as he mingles with the crowd. So he'll be in very close range if he fails his next roll. 2) 10 + 3 - 1 = 12. ... Look below...

---

Illiandra and Enko: Y'all are SAFE. You're in Monaco now. It's quite nice. It's in the 80's. Really swell weather.

Everyone Else: You don't notice Mat/Met until it's too late. He chitters something in squirrelish gibberish before biting down on his detonation device.

Everyone that's remaining will make a "saving throw" or sorts. Totally unmodified. It's something of a luck roll to determine how damaged you are after the bombing.

2-6: DEAD
7-10: SERIOUSLY DAMAGED
11-12: miraculously, only HURT

Zama: 11. HURT
Xavier: 11. HURT
Chanticlear: 5. DEAD
James: 6. DEAD

Mat is obviously dead as well.

The gate to Monaco has been destroyed in the process.

Prepare your goodbyes, James and Chanticlear. Perhaps someone can come up with some clever way to save y'all or seal your souls away or something else that's cool. But y'all only have ONE DAY to come up with something clever or else it's permadeath for this RP's purposes.

Unfortunately, a mysterious black-suited figure appears from outside of the fire and rubble. He's carrying an antiquated bamboo umbrella on his shoulder and is wearing a mischievous grin.

"Figured something like this would happen. Betrayal from within and all that rot. Makes my job all the more easy." As he lays in a pool of his own blood, Chanticlear recognizes this man as one of the ace bounty hunters who specializes in rounding up magical pets and girls that go rogue. Perhaps its his presence that kept security from swarming the place, as the Council expected this lone man to take y'all in or take y'all down...

He doesn't make his move initially, as he's more than a little curious to see how y'all deal with your current predicament. Call it a mix of curiosity and arrogance, seeing how he believes he can take you on even if you have time to recover. Maybe now is the time for a certain cock to call in a favor? Or is the rooster too proud even in death to ask for help?

Also, between the explosion and the Phoenix mishap in security, the whole place is up in smoke. You have FOUR TURNS before everyone succumbs to smoke inhalation. That force field that protects the place wasn't built to allow smoke in and out, and the systems to turn the thing off have been harmed in the explosion. The only way in and out is through portals. And they may not be working all too well...

I need people's replies by midnight tomorrow night.

#68 Updatedude

Updatedude

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:30 PM

With his mental connection to Mat severed, Billy instantly collapses. He's down now, but certainly not out. Still in a haze of homicidal desperation, Billy spot the frogs on the floor. The psychic link between he and Mat meant that they shared the same fate, Billy knew what was going to happen very soon. So he grabbed the dart frogs and began crushing them in his bare hands, bathing himself in their poison and even swallowing a few of them.

The psychic wave should reach him soon, and then...

Then something happened. With Mat dead, the psychic link that was severed finally re-established itself with a compatible psychic match. It wasn't able to do so before Billy poisoned himself, nor will it prevent the inevitable from happening, but...

#69 Sir Exal

Sir Exal

Still Here, somehow.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:Promising myself I'll change and then never doing it.

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:02 PM

*vulgarity*.

Chanticleer had hesitated, was planning, maybe he just wasn't paying attention. You couldn't blame the kid, he wasn't supposed to be the brains of the outfit. *vulgarity*. And now they were both on the ground, Chanticleer deafened and feeling his broken bones, a scent reaching his nose that smelled disgustingly like a meal in a plastic bucket. He couldn't see anyone else through the smoke and fire--damn, he hoped they made it. The kid was on his side, bleeding way too much, at least not exploded, but...dead, unconscious, just in horrible pain, Chanticleer couldn't tell. He tried to send a telepathic message, but couldn't get up the concentration. *vulgarity*. The kid didn't deserve to die like this, not due to the cock's own mistakes. Then again, maybe it was mother*vulgarity*ing ironic fate that got them here, that all Chanticleer's partners would die like this.

For one ludicrous second, he thought it was Jeanne, standing just where the flames and debris parted like an avenging angel, probably to see him and finally give him what he deserved. Then he blinked, the features congealed and changed, and...

He had a chance. He and the kid had a chance. A piss-poor one, but that was worlds above what they had just had. He'd take anything right now. Chanticleer filled his lungs--great, one's collapsed, that's just what I need--and screamed the bounty hunter's name.

"You murderous bastard! St. Etienne! Marie's Cathedral! I saved your ass, now I'm calling it in!" He thrust an index feather towards James. "Get us out of here! Now!"

With that, the cock collapsed, his remaining strength gone. It was all up to the hunter now, and Chanticleer did not like those odds.

#70 Updatedude

Updatedude

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:49 PM

As he laid convulsing on his hands and knees, Billy looked up at Cat.

"It's Met zzt Mediaman has him zzt all pets and girls are zzt the Unleash zzt... krzzzzteeeeeeoooooeeoeoeoetrrrrreeeee"

Billy suddenly locked up, and started looking into the middle distance. He was quiet to Cat and Mokin, but...

"Eye... can you hear me? It's me. The fire. Use the phoenix fire. Salvation through immolation!"

Suddenly, he snapped out of it. And with his final breaths, the final message was spoken.

"In Monaco... if you want to liv- fin- Benoit!AAAAARRRRRRHHHHHHH!"

Meanwhile... recovering from the blast. Zama muttered "Bollocks"

#71 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:32 AM

James didn't notice the explosion behind him. He had never become angry or surprised. He didn't feel the heat coming off the bomb and the force lifting him up and throwing him roughly to the concrete. In fact, he died the second the shockwave from the blast passed through him. The force pushed through his body and ripped all through his arteries like wet paper.

His last thought before the explosion has been, "I hope they end up ok."

#72 bobisbeast

bobisbeast

The FPL's favorite CBUBer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:59 AM

As Xavier neared the portal, the explosion went off, but luckily, thanks to some random luck, he got out mostly unscathed. He would then send a telepathic message to Zama,after seeing the strange man with the umbrella and listening to what he had to say.

Tell Cat and Mokin to head towards any gate other than this one. I'm pretty sure the man who just walked up to us, isn't exactly hoping to help us, but I'll see how he reacts to what Chanticlear said, after that I'm running .

And immediatly after doing so, he would listen, and prepare to run towards any gate.

OOC edited

#73 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:06 PM

Cat ducked as the explosion rocked the crossroad. It took a second for her to regain herself as she looked at the smoke that was surrounding the crossroad now. It was then that she realized, the explosionw as near where the Monaco gate was.

Zama! Zama! Zama say something! Please are you ok! Did you make it through?! Please please, say something! Cat spoke in rapid fire through her link. She was deftly worried for her allies and was really hoping for a reply. it was then that Billy of all people spoke to her.

"Benoit? What on earth ar-" Cat begins to question, but it's too late to get anything from the guard. Sighing, she once again saw the unconcious Mokin. Rushing over, she grabbed her up, and placed Mokin on her back. Making sure she was secure, Cat would attempt to sprint her way past any crowds that were still around and reach the main walkway to the gates, backed up with wind blasts if necessary. If things proved too challenging to simply fight through she would attempt to jump the whole lot with a nice big(air-assisted) jump. She could do entire flight routines with this method, but given the circumstances she didn't want to be caught too high in the air for very long. As she rushed through the crowd she coughed, realizing the smoke. She wished she could do something to clear her path when she remembered something important. She was a wind mage. With her free hand, she would try to push the smoke up and make a solid bubble of clean air around her and Mokin.

#74 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:04 PM

Mokin's body ached in pain as Cat slung it around the crossroads looking for the others. Her face was swollen. Her mind was delirious with hurt. She had more than a few broken bones and she could only think of one thing after her Pheonix saga..."Logan? Logan is that you...?". Mokin peered back towards the burning ruins from which they came. Billy lay in a lifeless pile of flesh and bone near the swiftly burning fire. Mokin raised her middle finger at the defeated guard, "Berserker Barrage.". She whispered and passed out.

#75 Updatedude

Updatedude

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:09 AM

Oh, y'all didn't think it was going to be THAT easy did you? Billy's not done trying to kill you yet...

Perhaps it was the last parting goodwill that put Cat and Mokin off their guard, but as noted before, the re-establishment of Billy's link to a more benevolent psychic match wasn't the end of things.

Cat and Mokin were still surrounded by guards.

And as noted, the inevitable was still going to happen. That inevitability wasn't that Billy was going to die (although he was).

That inevitability was that Mat's Linked Fate with Billy was about to happen... riiiiiight about... NOW!

BOOM!

Billy explodes.

Not in the firey death sort of way. But in a gushy, POISONOUS spray of blood and organs. A final ditch effort to kill anyone in the surrounding area. Which as it so happened, included Cat and Mokin.

And if the poison doesn't provide an insta-kill, it may well slow down y'all until, y'know, y'all choke. And then there's still all the leftover guards. And the random bombs Mat stashed around.. and the bounty hunter... and the comrades who left y'all to be caught... yeah, life's not good.

#76 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:53 AM

It's true, Cat would have been completely caught off-guard, not expecting the sudden explosion at all. If she had time to spare a reaction and throw up in he rmouth a bit, she would have. However she was already preoccupied by not being killed by several other things when Billy went off like a time bomb.

"Another one?!" was all the reaction Cat could muster towards Mat/Billy's final middle-finger to the two runaway magical girls. However Cat had, unintentionally, prepared some things that would hopefully save her and Mokin though luck was being give and take to the wind mage so far. Cat's distance traveled versus the explosion radius, which she hadn't even bothered to look back at so she had no clue what was even coming at her. Second was that solid bubble of air she was trying to form at the time, which was just that, at least as hard as the wind blasts she was using offensively so well before (hopefully) covered the two. Finally, though this one might not help Mokin so much, was her having made sure she was "mostly covered" the last time she had to deal with poisonous creatures not too long ago. Here's hoping Mokin put her bunny ears back on.

#77 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:23 PM

Mokin's bunny hat fell off as the blast behind them went off. Much to the chagrin of the exploding Billy, Mokin did indeed have a parting gift as well. Meanwhile, the scenery became all fuzzy and flashback music began to play (or at least Mokin imagined it did)...

Mokin raised her middle finger at the defeated guard, "Berserker Barrage.". She whispered and passed out.

As she did this, the burning broken bird that was smashed against the wall by Billy rose and began to change with a distinctive poof into a Wolverine. Moments before Billy left his mark, the beastie leapt into the air to bite his head off. Instead of the intended mouthful of puppet man head, its mouth was met with a spray of poisonous Billy juice. Mokin smiled as she saw her beastie bravely try to save her life. "Sorry Logan, but our love was never meant to be." Mokin said in a hushed tone. She then rubbed Cat on the head. "I knew you'd save me Scott." Mokin passed out again as she tried to accomplish dramatic effect.

#78 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:35 PM

Billysplosion: Another +3 for the suicide move. This is negated by the -3 Billy's receiving for having his psychic connection severed and tampered with.

To hit the wolverne he's gonna need a 5. The thing's leaping right at him, so it'll be easy to hit. If the poisonsploion hits the wolverine, it's DEAD and Mokin will have to resummon something whenever she wakes back up.

To hit Mokin, Billy will need a 9 considering all of the defensive things Cat's done. If Mokin is hit, she's DEAD.

To hit Cat, Billy will need an 11 considering everything. If she's hit she'll be SERIOUSLY DAMAGED.

5 + 3 - 3 = 5. The wolverine is dissolved into a puddle of acid, but Mokin and Cat are spared.

---

Cat: Attempting to make a pocket of "purified" air. Practical for the situation. +1 for that. No other penalties.

To pull it off, Cat needs an 8 considering all of the nasty stuff going on.

2 + 1 = 3. The smoke is too strong and Cat wasn't able to muster enough air to make a perfectly clean pocket. But she did manage to buy them some time. After this turn Mokin and Cat would have 3 rounds worth of air before they succumbed to the smoke. Cat earned them an extra round, so they have 4 rounds before smoke death.

---

Chanticlear and James: Unfortunately, by transforming the phoenix into a wolverine, Mokin has inadvertently screwed y'all. Using his superior knowledge of beasties, the bounty hunter was going to toss you two into the Phoenix's flames, thus allowing you to be "reborn." With the phoenix no longer present, those flames no longer have those reviving properties.

While you made the wise choice and chose to take the hunter's aid, the actions of your "partners" have doomed you.

Chanticlear and James are DEAD. Doesn't mean you can't make your dudes for the FPL proper, but you're dead as far as this storyline is concerned.

---

Everyone Else: GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE. Pick a portal and get moving. Most portals were damaged, but a certain Zama may know of one that was out of the way and "out of service" that may still be operational. Just be sure to maybe let Cat know so she can drag Mokin to said portal. You have three turns before you succumb.

The bounty hunter, given the circumstances, does not press the issue. Once he sees that James and Chanticlear have passed, he vanishes into the smoke. You're unsure if he'll pursue you later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users