Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

Sky City: Crossroads 1


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
77 replies to this topic

#21 Tarvius

Tarvius

    Ironwolverorschach Man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:06 PM

Illiandara stared at the security check-point through her cute blood-red eyes. It was such an odd thing, security. Such a notion would've been met with coarse laughter from her father. Security was a human word, it was also wrong. There was nothing "safe" anywhere, only places that gave you a little break from danger. She knew this far before she should have, but it didn't make her depressed and cynical like it was supposed to. Instead it made her want to have as much fun as possible all the time and without the shackles of the conscious mind warning her to be careful she was free to do just that.

She looked up at her new found companion. Illiandara hadn't even noticed it but her hand was gripping at Enko's webbed-hand, much like little girls are ought to do. Enko seemed afraid for some reason. His gaze seemed far-off as if he was seeing something other than the monotonous flow of magic girls and their pets being hoarded through the security checkpoint. She looked at him harder, trying to search for a sign of what was distressing him. Needless to say, having spent most of her life in hell she wasn't very good at tuning towards others' emotions. But there was something undoubtedly sad about her purple duckish friend. Then it donned on here like something that donned on people really quickly, something humanish like being hit by a freight train. People enjoy that don't they?

Without a second though, she yanked Enko and ran away from the security check-point and towards the service entrance she had eyed earlier. Regardless of what it actually said, it simply read "This way to fun" to the young princess of hell. Realizing that others might not enjoy their boisterous fun and become impossibly jealous she shushed loudly to Enko reminding him to be quiet.

Enko, half-resisted her tug but soon realized that it was pointless to resist her super-fun filled ways. The giant purple playpus rolled his eyes and ran after Illiandara with his big webbed feet slapping against the ground.

#22 treacherous

treacherous

    Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:In front of the T.V. mostly
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:21 PM

"FUN!" Mokin shouted with wild wide eyes, but quickly silenced herself and kept walking inconspicuously to the Security Checkpoint. She straightened up and began to walk more adult-like. Or as adult-like as a thirteen year old girl who loved fuzzy animals and cake could pull off. "Sorry, no fun, we're in disguise." She whispered to the others.

#23 Landon

Landon

    The Main Character

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SATX

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:02 PM

Robot Entrance

While Met is the first to enter, once Zama and Khoohp enter there seems to be no sign of Met anywhere.

All they see is a long series of conveyor belts whirling around. Several little robots wait patiently as they're moved about the room to various other openings leading out to other parts of Crossroads 1.

Everything seems to be safe, save for the part where neither Khoohp nor Zama know which entrance to leave in order to get to their destination. Or to at least not double back and end up back in the loading area, or worse, in security.

After a few minutes of observing, Met pops up behind Zama and Khoohp, as if he'd gotten lost in the maze of conveyor belts and doubled back to the beginning. At least that's the most reasonable assumption.

There are five possible exists, in addition to the one they came from. The nature of the conveyor room has made it impossible to reasonably deduce which exit would lead to a spot close to the Monaco portal purely by spacial assumptions.

But there are other ways to guess what's behind them.

Door 1 - A faint whiff of fried pastries can be smelled from behind this door. Maybe it's a bake shop in the waiting area where the portals are? They do tend to theme the areas based on what food is found in that region, and France is known for its pastries. Or maybe it's that box of donuts the security guards brought in this morning for breakfast?

Door 2 - You can hear running water. There ARE decorative fountains in the waiting areas, and it'd be appropriate for there to be one in front of Monaco's gate. Then again, it could be a restroom or cleaning area.

Door 3 - Loud shuffling noises. Moreso than the other openings that is. Maybe it's right next to a gate, hence the heavy traffif? But that isn't the only place where there's heavy traffic.

Door 4 - Bright lights flashing on and off. Gates do that. When people pass through them, there's a bright flash. The flashing pattern here seems to match that. Then again, the traffic outside in the loading area could come off like that as well.

Door 5 - Heavy scent of coffee. Again, like the pastries, France is known for its cafes. This could be a themed restaurant. Then again, security guards like their coffee as much as they like their donuts. But a coffee shop may be more likely than a pastry shop in a place like this. Right?

Met and Zama need to decide where they want to go. They can go together or separately. They may discuss openly in this thread. Khoohp will agree if both agree. If they don't, Khoohp will randomly go with one of them.




Service Entrance

The service area is surprisingly vacant. While Xavier saw someone come this way, whoever that was doesn't seem to be back here now. The three of them see lockers for the employees, some of which are open and have service uniforms inside. If they felt the need they could try to pass off as service personnel. Then again, what's up with no one being back here? Or maybe this is normal. It isn't like any of you have worked this sort of job before. Just seems strange at first.

They group sees a door leading out. On it is a list of gates that are near this exit. Monaco is not on this list, but Avalon is. That means this exit is on the far side of Crossroads 1, and there doesn't seem to be any other exists. So they'll need to trek around the outer ring, where all the gates are located, to get to the Monaco gate.

You will need to decide if you want to don the service personnel uniforms in an attempt to blend in. You don't have to choose as a group. So if some want to and some don't, that's up to y'all.

There's two kinds of "service personnel." If you choose to do so you can pose as either a janitor or a security guard. If you don a disguise, you gotta pick which.




What happens to the people at the Security Checkpoint won't be posted until I get decisions from the people in the Robot area and the Service area. What happens and what people can do will be dependent on their actions.

#24 Landon

Landon

    The Main Character

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SATX

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:06 PM

DECISIONS MUST BE MADE BY MIDNIGHT TOMORROW

Fun Fact: Anyone that would have stayed behind, whether by choice or due to not responding, would have died right now.

#25 bobisbeast

bobisbeast

    The FPL's favorite CBUBer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:19 PM

Xavier would take a quick glance over the room and the say,

" I think it might be a good idea to get a disguise on."

#26 Opalord

Opalord

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Behind you

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:16 PM

Xavier would take a quick glance over the room and the say,

" I think it might be a good idea to get a disguise on."

Hmmm. Not a bad idea. Though it won't work for me... but hopefully it won't have to

Glancing over to Illiandara, he asked "Hey, how do you feel about cleanin-"

"Oh! Oh I'm GREAT at cleaning! I clean better than the cleaniest cleaner who ever cleaned! Why, what needs to be cleaned?"

At this point Enko was leaning back a bit from the outburst "Aaahhmmm... Well, I'm not sure yet, but just in case we see something that needs cleaning, you should put on that janitor's outfit over there. Which should hopefully double as a disguise, since, err, there's a chance someone may be looking for us out there."

"..."

"And you can clean whatever dirt we come across on the way"

"Okay!"

Illiandara ruffled through the uniforms before she found one that was at least close to her size, and Enko turned around and glared at Xavier, saying "Turn around there buddy, give girle some privacy for a moment" He reached into Xavier subconscious as he said this, pulling forward any feelings of morality and guilt he might have. Not the most polite thing in the world, but Enko's previous protective instincts were already starting to kick in

#27 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

    Hobbit

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The edge of vision
  • Interests:cacoethes scribendi

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:30 PM

"Well, friends, we don't have long so dawdling is not precisely the suggested method to go about this. Zama zama zama." Zama spins, looking at each of the doors in turn. His tongue lolling hungrily as the scents wash over him. His eye darts from the first and last door, stomach gurgling loudly. "I say I am feeling quite peckish and perhaps it is affecting my perception but I am quite inclined to go after that heavenly smell of pasties."

#28 bobisbeast

bobisbeast

    The FPL's favorite CBUBer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:51 PM

Xavier would turn and then,once she was done,he too would put on a janitors outfit.

#29 Landon

Landon

    The Main Character

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SATX

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:08 PM

Robot Entrance

Met, in his ever-fickle way, decides to book it towards the aromatic smell of coffee. He likes him some caffeine. When he pops out of his hole he finds himself next to a coffee stand on the other side of security. The problem is that said coffee stand is right next to the Avalon Gate. He’s on the exact opposite side from the Monaco Gate.

The last Met sees of Khoohp, he's following Zama.

Zama is the only one to emerge from his chosen entrance. Khoohp is nowhere to be seen.

And Zama made a fortuitous decision. The lure of pastries was a lucky vice to follow, as their luxurious smell led right to the Western Europe Gates. Monaco is in reach.



Service Entrance

Y’all have no idea of your janitor disguises are working or not, only because no one seems to be paying attention to y’all. Y’all assume it is, but who knows? Maybe walking out without a disguise would have worked just as fine.

The catch is that you’re right outside the same coffee shop as Met, whom you see sitting at the coffee bar sipping away.

Unfortunately none of you have a chance to join him, as you hear Mokin and Cat scream in the distance...



Security

James and Chanticlear make it through security without any hassles. The main reason why is that they were familiar with the way security works, so they were able to play the system.

Special security measures are at play (This is something that neither Mokin nor Cat have seen before, since it's fairly new, but James knew about and told Chanticlear.). Four Pets man a sensory station. The station takes various vital signs, scans, and the like. One pet is able to look at the x-rays from the scan. Another reads it for illegal substances (drugs, explosives, etc). Another can read surface level thoughts. The last reads surface level emotions.

Despite having obvious emotional concerns about what's going on, James and Chanticlear were able to bury their surface level feelings and thoughts enough that they were able to pass through. Whatever annoyances they have, they likely read as the sort of anxiety any normal person feels going through security.

But Mokin and Cat are a different issue.

Cat probably would have been OK if she wasn't so close to Mokin. They entered the walk way together, so security assumes they're with each other.

It's bad enough that Mokin and Cat were both seen visibly trying to alter their appearances, covering up their faces with their hair and their hoods. And since they didn't know the security system their feelings were right there ripe for the psychic picking.

Maybe even that would have been OK. Maybe Cat woulda been in the clear. She's just a kid after all, what can she do? Maybe she’s just freaked out by all of this heightened security. They might question her, but if she didn’t further incriminate herself she’d probably be in the clear.

Nope. She was with Mokin. And Mokin is a wanted criminal.

She isn't just wanted for the previous bombings. Security as is apparently isn’t up on that yet. But she DOES has a rap sheet a mile long. And her picture is on file with security And she did little to hide her appearance or her thougths.

It's almost as if she WANTED to be seen. Or at least didn't care.

Security is attempting to detain Mokin, and they seem to be doing the same with Cat. They're obviously more interested in Mokin, though. Numerous guards are moving in on the security checkpoint.

Something's about to go down.

First off, how to James and Chanticlear react. They're seemingly in the clear. Do they keep going, or do they make a move to aid the others? Now that they know Mokin's a bonafide killer regardless of whether she was framed or not, do they still try to help? Are they willing to do so for Cat's sake, since there’s no way in hell you can save one without the other. We'll see.

Zama has quite the trek back to save his girl. Does he risk certain escape to save her? If he does, he won’t get there until well after things go down.

The others are considerably closer. If they choose to intervene they’ll be able to do something before things get really serious. Or do they go on their way?

As for Mokin and Cat, how do they react? Do they fight back? Do they give in and allow themselves to be rounded up?

WHAT DO YOU DO?

PM your decision by MIDNIGHT FRIDAY. Feel free to RP your discussions on the boards. You’ll have just enough time to blurt out some conversation before making your decision, especially since you can communicate with your partners telepathically.


#30 treacherous

treacherous

    Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:In front of the T.V. mostly
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:25 PM

MMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTT Mokin screeched telepathically to her Magical Pet. Helpme!Helpme!Helpme!Helpme!Helpme!Helpme! The gig is uuuuuuup! Bring all the fuzzies! Man down! Man down! Mokin's eyes widened in panic. Reacting astonishingly quick-wittedly, she turned to the guards and began pointing to Cat. With her most adorable cute face, she whimpered, "Sheeeeee did it! She's the master mind! I don't even speak english." Mokin then began to speak in gibberish.

#31 bobisbeast

bobisbeast

    The FPL's favorite CBUBer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:53 PM

" That doesn't sound like something that should have happened. Shold we go check it out, or leave it be?"

#32 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:06 PM

Cat was caught offguard by alot of things within the span of a few seconds. She was suprised by the long rap sheet Mokin apparently had. She was suprised by the guards who were attempting to detain both her and Mokin. Finally she was suprised by Mokin attempting to blame everything on her.

"Wait what?" Cat yelled in shock, the most genuinely suprised look on her face as she did so. Cat wasn't the best actor or liar, but the look and tone she sported was 100% honest at what was going on. "I don't even know her?!" Cat yelled to the guards as she defensively held her hands forward, partially to show she didn't mean harm and partially ready to fight off in case anyone tried to grab her. Again she said it with complete honesty, legitimately having had no prior knowledge about Mokin, having known less than an hour.

Zama, I'm in big trouble. If your in the area, I would do well to stay away. Things are not going to be pretty and I dont want to bring you down with me...I'm really sorry about this. Cat said through the mental link as calmly as she could manage(ie. not calm at all) as tears began streaming down her face. She was trying to figure out what to do in her head, even as she saw them get closer.

#33 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

    Hobbit

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The edge of vision
  • Interests:cacoethes scribendi

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:07 PM

Zama drifts out of the door cautiously. Eye glancing up at the Monaco gate with elation and causing him to spin in place. Something catches in his throat as he begins to give a pleasant cry. With a cough something sparkling drops to the ground. He raises his singular eyebrow in confusion and picks the thing up with and tucking it under his tongue.

With that safe he set out to inform Cat only to be rocked by sudden and Urgent fear. But there was something else... Another mind. Xavier.

Oh dear. This is not good in the least. Xavier, I fear that our sudden conjunction means unwell things for your once-companion. However, there may well be greater urgencies at hand. Cat and, I expect, anyone with her are concurrently in some danger...

Bobbing anxiously and turning towards the sounds of struggle coming from down the concourse.

Cat, dear, please be more elaborate. Telling me to stay away not going to be much assistance...

#34 bobisbeast

bobisbeast

    The FPL's favorite CBUBer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:10 PM

Zama drifts out of the door cautiously. Eye glancing up at the Monaco gate with elation and causing him to spin in place. Something catches in his throat as he begins to give a pleasant cry. With a cough something sparkling drops to the ground. He raises his singular eyebrow in confusion and picks the thing up with and tucking it under his tongue.

With that safe he set out to inform Cat only to be rocked by sudden and Urgent fear. But there was something else... Another mind. Xavier.

Oh dear. This is not good in the least. Xavier, I fear that our sudden conjunction means unwell things for your once-companion. However, there may well be greater urgencies at hand. Cat and, I expect, anyone with her are concurrently in some danger...


Bobbing anxiously and turning towards the sounds of struggle coming from down the concourse.

Xavier would respond telepathically to Zama, wondering what happened to Khoop.
Then that was what I heard a few moments ago. I'm by the Avalon gate. Should I try to help Cat?

#35 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

    Hobbit

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The edge of vision
  • Interests:cacoethes scribendi

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:17 PM

I fear I cannot say what has happened to the Water Horse, I suspect he chose another exit and... well. Contemplation of the possibilities lies in madness and despair. Cat herself is warding me away from the situation but I would rather not leave her to a fate so potentially dire. She has not given me much in the way of information, either, so I cannot rightly say I am informed enough to give advice on a course of action.

#36 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:27 PM

Cat, dear, please be more elaborate. Telling me to stay away not going to be much assistance...


At the question, Cat took a second to give another message through the link. She wished to be as vague as possible to keep him from helping.

Well...it appears I am about to be arrested. Mokin got us found out at security. If I'm lucky, that may be as bad as it gets. I do hope I'm lucky. Cat says through the mind link, before sighing. However that seems unlikely, given our situation. You seem a very good pet, I wished we had met under different circumstances. If this is goodbye, I wish you the best of luck with everything and I apologize for not being smarter about this. You know whats going on, now please do what you must. Forget me.


#37 Landon

Landon

    The Main Character

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SATX

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:32 PM

NOT SO SECRET INFO

Gates cannot be immediately closed. Once the shutdown procedure starts up, it takes TWO MINUTES for a gate to close.

#38 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

    Hobbit

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The edge of vision
  • Interests:cacoethes scribendi

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:40 PM

Don't be daft. Cat, I am by the Monaco gate. If security comes this way, I will do what I can to ward them off and keep the gate clear. If you happen to abscond at this moment you should be able to make it here. Defend yourself as you need to, but do be quick! Xavier, do be close behind. Quickly now, the both of you!

#39 bobisbeast

bobisbeast

    The FPL's favorite CBUBer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:41 PM

Don't be daft. Cat, I am by the Monaco gate. If security comes this way, I will do what I can to ward them off and keep the gate clear. If you happen to abscond at this moment you should be able to make it here. Defend yourself as you need to, but do be quick! Xavier, do be close behind. Quickly now, the both of you![i]


[i]I'll come as quickly as I can Zama. and if you can't recognize me ,I'm the one in the Janitor's uniform with the Platypus and the girl in the Janitor's uniform. Don't ask


" I'm going to head towards the Monaco gate. The screams are bein taken care of."

#40 Updatedude

Updatedude

    Don't feed him after midnight

  • FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:08 PM

"Mhmm mhmm, aaaah, the sweet aroma of Arabica!" the magical pet declared contentedly, as he laid back with double tripple mocha latte strawberry in hand.

"-elpme!Helpme!Helpme! The gig is uuuuu-"

Ah yes, Mokin my dear, how are you getting along?

"-uup! Bring all the fuzz-"

Bring all the police?

"-ies! Man down! Ma-"

Oh, I think I know what's going on my dear. Well, no problem. Do you remember our last mission together? When we were infiltrating that embassy to, ah, shall we say, "rescue" that princess? You were similarly surrounded with adversarial surroundings. Let us use the same strategy to abscond you from your current predicament. Wait... you DO remember what it was we did, don't you?





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users