Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

Sky City: Crossroads 1


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
77 replies to this topic

#1 Landon

Landon

    The Main Character

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SATX

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:38 PM

Those of you with sharper senses of time notice that the cargo ship you're stowed away on takes a bit longer to reach Crossroads 1 than anticipated. Not a significant amount of time, maybe 10 or 15 minutes, but those few minutes could mean the difference between comparatively light security and an entire legion of pets and girls.

Fortunately it appears to be the former, as Crossroads 1 seems to only have the "normal" amount of heightened security expected after a major attack.

There are no signs of wanted posters or the like, which are usually easy to notice in the wake of a major escape such as yours. It appears the word has not been released. Yet.

The cargo bay door is open. The handful of people that have passed by the opening have not appeared to notice you. It appears that a temporary cloaking hex has been placed on the entrance. It likely won't last.

Posted Image

Crossroads 1 is a disc free-floating above the clouds. The disk itself is fairly large, with a half-mile diameter. You are currently parked in the center loading area. The gates themselves rest on the edges of the disc. While all gates are equally distant from the center, and hence from your current location, there is only one checkpoint leading from the loading area to the causeway circling the disc.

No walls extend around the disc. An invisible force field keeps things in and out that shouldn't be leaving or going. Vehicles that have clearance are granted temporary immunity to the field, allowing them to touch down in the landing/loading area. Therefore, while it looks like you could fall over the edge, you have nothing to worry about.

Will you be able to just waltz right through security? Is there another way to the portals? What to do?

Like before, secret information will be sent out to a few people. What you do with this info is up to you.

ALSO, you may ask me ONE question about your surroundings. Consider this a "Search" roll of some sort. You MUST send this question through PM. And again, what you do with this info is up to you. You must ask this question BEFORE y'all determine your course of action. Once you're on the move, there won't be time to do careful observation. For the purpose of this question you have a reasonable view of the landing/loading area and the security area.


#2 Landon

Landon

    The Main Character

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SATX

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:40 PM

You have until Friday Night at Midnight to ask questions and talk with others via PM before things go down.

#3 Updatedude

Updatedude

    Don't feed him after midnight

  • FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:43 AM

"Aha! Civilization at last! Look everybod-" Met looked around. Somewhere between getting off the transport and onto firm solid levitated ground, he seemed to have somewhat separated himself from the company of the others. Well, sort of, he was on the ground whilst they were still dilly dallying at the transport exit. Met sighed.

"C'est la Grand Prix" he thought. He was excited to be in Monaco during the Grand Prix again, and that excitement did indeed propel him ahead of the oth-

"Say what? Hmm-hmm"

As per usual, Met was distracted by something shiny. A small shiny robot even. It was one of those small oldie Hygiene Engineerobo types. You know the kind. The kind that look retro not because it was chic, but because it was OLD. But old as it may have been, it was still shiny. That's the thing with Hygiene Engineerobos, they always look spiffy spanned 'cause they clean themselves up. This fellow had a nice metallic sheen which just caught the eye, or rather, Met's eye.

Met was already bored with it. As he half turned to bring attention of the Engineerobo to the others, his keen ears heard a "crtach!", which was the sound of a door sliding open and sort of bumping against the wall panels. He turned his attention to the sound and saw that it was the cleaning bot entering some sort of service hatch thingy with a plaque that said "St_ff ____+ Only".

Before he knew it, Met was already heading toward the "door". It wasn't a very large, naturally, since it was apparently meant for the robos. A Pet such as himself wouldn't have trouble fitting through though. The girls? Not so much.

"Guys!" he called out "I shall egress through that portal now!"

And crtach! He was through the wall door.

Yeah, this couldn't possibly end badly.

#4 treacherous

treacherous

    Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:In front of the T.V. mostly
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:09 AM

"Eek!" Mokin screamed. "I'm losing my pet! Come back cute squirrel!". She yelled and began to rush out the corridor In hopes that she would find Met on the other side. Briefly coming to her senses, she spun on her heels towards the others, "Whatdowedo! Whatdowedo! Whatdowedo! I'm losing my cutey wutey fuzzy!"

#5 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

    Aqualad

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:43 AM

James paced wordlessly back and forth. Were these people his team? No reason to trust'em yet. None of them except Chanticlerr.

"What are we doing," he said aloud to the cockerel.

#6 Landon

Landon

    The Main Character

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SATX

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:16 PM

Khoohp sniffed the air. "We should move. Now. This place reeks of danger."

OOC: Y'all have until 8pm Tuesday to make your moves. Otherwise things will go down. And it won't be pretty.

#7 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 29 May 2011 - 06:23 PM

Cat was glad that they were steering away from her friend. Stepping on the spaceport, she looked around. After a brief inspection she nodded at Khoop's statement.

"I agree. So how should we go about this? All group up to try and play it cool n blend in or would that be too conspicuous given the circumstances? Im open to suggestions." Cat asked Zama, though it was loud enough to be directed at everyone else.

#8 Opalord

Opalord

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Behind you

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:15 PM

Cat was glad that they were steering away from her friend. Stepping on the spaceport, she looked around. After a brief inspection she nodded at Khoop's statement.

"I agree. So how should we go about this? All group up to try and play it cool n blend in or would that be too conspicuous given the circumstances? Im open to suggestions." Cat asked Zama, though it was loud enough to be directed at everyone else.

"Well, we should probably get eyes back on squirrel brain before he gets himself lost, killed, captured, etcetera"

#9 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:26 PM

"Well, we should probably get eyes back on squirrel brain before he gets himself lost, killed, captured, etcetera"


"Right. Any pet who wants, should probably follow him through that door. The rest of us might have to go around..." Cat would say, grabbing ahold of Zama.

Think you can fit through that door or should you stick with me? she would ask through her link.

#10 Sir Exal

Sir Exal

    Still Here, somehow.

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Bowels of Cynicism...In Minnesota
  • Interests:Promising myself I'll change and then never doing it.

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:41 PM

Chanticleer scanned the chatting group one last time, and both James and his new Pet headed for the checkpoint as quietly as possible, at a determined trot. Chanticleer briefly wondered if anyone would notice their absence and follow... Probably not. James and the rooster weren't the noticeable ones.

#11 bobisbeast

bobisbeast

    The FPL's favorite CBUBer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:14 PM

noticing an open door away from the security checkpoint, Xavier would say, pointing to the door,

" Hey guys theres a door leading out of this room thataway."

#12 treacherous

treacherous

    Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:In front of the T.V. mostly
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:21 PM

Mokin grabbed Xavier and anyone else she could reach by their clothes and yelled at the rest of the chatting bunch, "Let's goooooo! That's my pet getting away!"

#13 Landon

Landon

    The Main Character

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SATX

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:37 PM

In the groups indecision, no one noticed that Khooohp had long since left the side of his human companion. In her screeching and gawking at Met, Mokin notices him entering the same small hole as Met.

#14 Landon

Landon

    The Main Character

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SATX

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:39 PM

Met went into the Cleaning Robot Entrance. It is large enough for a Pet to fit through (Any Pet) but not a human.

Xavier noticed the Service Entrance. This appears to be where "normal" sized workers enter to reach the interior.

The initial picture has been edited to show the location of these two new passages.

At the moment we have the following:

Met, Zama, and Khoohp -Robot Entrance

James, Chanticlear, Mokin, and Cat - Security

Xavier, Enko, Illiandra - Service Entrance

#15 treacherous

treacherous

    Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:In front of the T.V. mostly
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:14 PM

Mokin noticed the little critters scurrying away and decided she was not going to be left behind. She didn't know where to go, but she knew the closest door to the the Cleaning Robot area was the Security Checkpoint. Straightening up her posture, removing her bunny ear hat and rustling up her hair so that it fell into her eyes, she began to walk towards the checkpoint. "Come on guys, this way." She said to the others. "No problem. I'm in disguise." She thought to herself.

#16 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:53 PM

Mokin noticed the little critters scurrying away and decided she was not going to be left behind. She didn't know where to go, but she knew the closest door to the the Cleaning Robot area was the Security Checkpoint. Straightening up her posture, removing her bunny ear hat and rustling up her hair so that it fell into her eyes, she began to walk towards the checkpoint. "Come on guys, this way." She said to the others. "No problem. I'm in disguise." She thought to herself.



Cat sighed.

"Right behind you." she would say quietly, putting a hood over her face as she followed Mokin. If Zama wanted to head towards the small door she wouldn't stop him. After all they had a link still. Though if he remaine don her shoulder, then that was that. They definitely needed to exit the room they were in.

#17 bobisbeast

bobisbeast

    The FPL's favorite CBUBer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:01 PM

Xavier would raise an eyebrow at Mokin's choice, but would continue towards the service door.

" Anyone else who wants to go the back way?"

#18 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

    Hobbit

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The edge of vision
  • Interests:cacoethes scribendi

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:06 PM

Sorry there, a bit overstimulated at something I happened to notice. I have half a mind to take umbrage at the suggestion of my girth being overmuch to follow that restless fuzzball. I will keep an eye on him... and the tiny sea cow. I think that's what it was... In any case. Keep in touch and keep an eye on the rest of these children. I shouldn't be far.

Zama spun in place and bolted to the small door.

#19 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:23 PM

Sorry there, a bit overstimulated at something I happened to notice. I have half a mind to take umbrage at the suggestion of my girth being overmuch to follow that restless fuzzball. I will keep an eye on him... and the tiny sea cow. I think that's what it was... In any case. Keep in touch and keep an eye on the rest of these children. I shouldn't be far.

Zama spun in place and bolted to the small door.


Right. Take care, be careful, and I'll see you on the other side Zama. Cat would say through the mental link, before shooting back a smile as he left.

#20 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

    Aqualad

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:30 PM

The line was dismally slow through the Security Processing. James wrought his hands together, occasionally using his unkempt nails to pick at the skin - it gave him something to do. He looked back over his shoulder and saw that some people were still in the center talking about what they were gonna do. Those people were slow. Still, James hoped they turned out okay.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users