#1 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

The truthiness will set you free

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:39 PM

Dear all you rank 3 and above users:
I don't mind if you give me an "It's bad" or an "It's okay", but if you do, please explain to me why you do. It doesn't help to just say "This fight is bad." It does help if you explain what you think would help, or how I could improve. I'm not trying to complain, and if I sound like I am I apologize, but I really don't think it helps anyone if people are just getting on and rating fights bad without any reason.

#2 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts
  • Interests:Comics from the 90's. Movies. RPG's.

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:47 PM

I don't mind if you give me an "It's bad" or an "It's okay", but if you do, please explain to me why you do. It doesn't help to just say "This fight is bad." It does help if you explain what you think would help, or how I could improve. I'm not trying to complain, and if I sound like I am I apologize, but I really don't think it helps anyone if people are just getting on and rating fights bad without any reason.

Great Idea!

How about if you must leave a mandatory comment for bad rated matches to explain why. Also we will see who is doing most of the negative marks (possible multi-acct etc..). If the comment/bad rating is justified, hey good to go.

In other words, if I want to give someone an "It's bad" I have to provide a reason in comment form. That way you will know 1. Who is giving bad marks. 2. Why.

Ie. "I didn't like it, uncreative and horrible spelling!"

#3 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,651 posts
  • Interests:The Avant-Garde, I Represent

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:45 PM

"If only," the woodpecker sighed.

As of late, there's been a string of voters who rate badly on matches. I'm sorry, but there's literally nothing we can do about it. I've tried being nice, and I've tried offering incentive. I've tried reasoning, and nothing short of not posting matches at all will stop these hooligans. These people will keep voting badly, and the worse part is you will never know who they are, because they never leave comments explaining their actions.

What you could do, if you have the motivation, is keep track of those who don't comment. The ones who don't comment but make matches regularly. Said members will have the ability to vote, ie has a rank of three or higher, which should narrow the margin. These members will also have logged on sometime within the week, signifying they are indeed still active members. After that careful process of elimination, you'll find the handful.

#4 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:27 PM

Only people 3.5 and higher can rate matches so you can start there.

I agree there are 3-5 people rating bad on matches without commenting.

I have a 3.9 and its been done to me as well.

I have tested this theory to do a match and see it is the same number of votes when I
get a bad rating.

I check my matches to see who liked it and commented.

Now if me and people who do vote stop rating we would be bad to do that right? LOL

#5 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:53 PM

Yea it has been happening a lot recentyl, I have been sticking to the forums as of late.

#6 Darksaiyajin345

Darksaiyajin345

Flame of Corruption

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Card Games on Motorcycles!!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:46 PM

Yea it has been happening a lot recentyl, I have been sticking to the forums as of late.

The last two matches I did got bad rankings (Dante v Headless horseman and Chichi vs mr satan) Got a 2.9 and a 3.0 this was pretty upsetting since most of the time I get 3.7 - 4.0 and no one told me why they rated those two matches so I would like people why they give it a Its bad so I can improve sadley they don't.

#7 The Blue Flame

The Blue Flame

The King of Ninjas

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,151 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:50 PM

I tell people when I give them bads or okay's. Because I wish others would tell me when they did it to me.

#8 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:26 PM

The last two matches I did got bad rankings (Dante v Headless horseman and Chichi vs mr satan) Got a 2.9 and a 3.0 this was pretty upsetting since most of the time I get 3.7 - 4.0 and no one told me why they rated those two matches so I would like people why they give it a Its bad so I can improve sadley they don't.

My most recent match got a 3.0, which is okay, but I can't see why. It was Samurai Jack vs. Wolverine, and I thought it was pretty good. It had a good debate going and I thought a good set up, but it only got a 3.0. This is strange because my other fight, Aku vs. Diablo, got a 4.0, but I thought the set-up was worse and there was little debate going.

#9 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:35 PM

My most recent match got a 3.0, which is okay, but I can't see why. It was Samurai Jack vs. Wolverine, and I thought it was pretty good. It had a good debate going and I thought a good set up, but it only got a 3.0. This is strange because my other fight, Aku vs. Diablo, got a 4.0, but I thought the set-up was worse and there was little debate going.

I've scratched my head over some of the ones of mine that have gotten 4.0s, and then others that had to be bought back which I thought were better than the ones that got perfect scores.

#10 Darksaiyajin345

Darksaiyajin345

Flame of Corruption

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:17 PM

I've scratched my head over some of the ones of mine that have gotten 4.0s, and then others that had to be bought back which I thought were better than the ones that got perfect scores.

The first match I did got a 3.8 and remember that Mirai Trunks vs Vegeta match I did 4.0 it was one paragraph of mindless dribble :D

#11 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:01 PM

The first match I did got a 3.8 and remember that Mirai Trunks vs Vegeta match I did 4.0 it was one paragraph of mindless dribble :D

Hm.

Quality of writing has gone up, and in turn, quality of members has gone down.

No offense, good-members.

#12 Darksaiyajin345

Darksaiyajin345

Flame of Corruption

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:43 PM

Hm.

Im so sorry im bringing the site down :D ( Couldnt find a sadder face)

#13 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:37 PM

Im so sorry im bringing the site down :D ( Couldnt find a sadder face)

Not you. Unless you think of yourself as a non-contributing member..?

#14 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:00 PM

Hm.

... You're mocking me, aren't you?

#15 Darksaiyajin345

Darksaiyajin345

Flame of Corruption

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:05 AM

Not you. Unless you think of yourself as a non-contributing member..?

No I try to contribute.

#16 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:34 PM

Ive been making matches lately and everyone says it gets an its great and very few its good but keep getting grades of about 2.5 to 3.1

#17 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:36 PM

We need to rename this "The common sense thread". How can you hate on a match and not give reasons?

Anyways, I need to check into the CBUB more often.

#18 shellsbut

shellsbut

Nuking the site from orbit

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:51 PM

it happens here now and again

#19 badpierce

badpierce

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Football, xbox, Sci fi

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:18 AM

Lol. I get bad ratings all the time. Truthfully, some of my setups are not great. I wish the rating system was wider. Like a scale of 1 to 10. But it is what it is. I don't give out many its bad's and if I do I try to tell them. I also don't vote or rank most of the anima matches because I don't watch any of them and don't like judging a match from a Wikipedia page. What do you guys do when you aren't a fan or don't care about the character involved? Just curious.

#20 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:54 AM

Lol. I get bad ratings all the time. Truthfully, some of my setups are not great. I wish the rating system was wider. Like a scale of 1 to 10. But it is what it is. I don't give out many its bad's and if I do I try to tell them. I also don't vote or rank most of the anima matches because I don't watch any of them and don't like judging a match from a Wikipedia page. What do you guys do when you aren't a fan or don't care about the character involved? Just curious.

When I'm not a fan of one, I look at the comments to see what other people have to say. If I don't know either, I stay away from the fight most of the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users