• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts
  • Interests:Comics from the 90's. Movies. RPG's.

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:31 PM

I am going to try and use Dante from DMC in a match but I am unsure of what level an opponent to put him against.

Anyone who is very familiar with the cahacter (I have only played the 1st game), can you rate him as far as:

Strength:
Intelligence:
Energy Projection:
Mental Power:
Fighting Ability:
Speed:

As per the marvel power rankings.

Thanks!

#2 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:56 PM

Is this close to accurate?

Strength:3
Intelligence:3
Energy Projection:3
Mental Power:3
Fighting Ability:6
Speed:3

#3 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:37 AM

You askin' because of the graphs? AvP made one for him here: http://www.electricf.......7231&st=420

#4 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:01 AM

Damn I didn't know he was that physically strong.

#5 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts
  • Interests:The Avant-Garde, I Represent

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:17 AM

You askin' because of the graphs? AvP made one for him here: http://www.electricf.......7231&st=420

AvP's is pretty accurate here.

Dante's level is actually relatively high.

#6 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:19 AM

Damn I didn't know he was that physically strong.

He's probably in the dozens of tons range, as he has several feats demonstrating that in DMC4&3.

#7 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 02:59 AM

Dante's a hard character to pin down with his strength as his upper limits haven't been explored and everything he does it done so casually. I like to think of him as being around Spider-man's strength level, the problem is his showings put him vastly above that. I think, as someone who's made plenty of Devil May Cry matches, with Dante it's generally accepted that any character around Spider-man's strength class and above can give him trouble due to his tenancy to play around with his opponents.

#8 The Blue Flame

The Blue Flame

The King of Ninjas

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,151 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:41 AM

Dante power level is over 9000! In all seriousness I agree with what the others said and Tom nailed it on the head.

#9 Darksaiyajin345

Darksaiyajin345

Flame of Corruption

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Card Games on Motorcycles!!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:44 AM

I thought he was class 100 since he held the dead weight of that savior statue and shoved it off <_< ?

#10 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 02:57 PM

I thought he was class 100 since he held the dead weight of that savior statue and shoved it off :D ?

Um, no.. First off, he didn't hold the dead weight of the entire statue himself. Rather, it was like when Hulk Supported the weight of a (??) billion ton mountain. Dante supported the weight of the statue leaning on him, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he's strong. In my opinon, a fair bit more than Spider-man--But not quite in the class 100 area.

#11 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:01 PM

Um, no.. First off, he didn't hold the dead weight of the entire statue himself. Rather, it was like when Hulk Supported the weight of a (??) billion ton mountain. Dante supported the weight of the statue leaning on him, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he's strong. In my opinon, a fair bit more than Spider-man--But not quite in the class 100 area.

I used to think of him as Spider-man level, but I've come to realize he is far above him. What I was saying was Dante tends to hold back and toy around so anyone with the strength and skill to damage him, which I think you need to be a minimum of Spider-man would give him trouble.

#12 zambutonick

zambutonick

SPOOOON!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:02 PM

Having played DMC 1-3 (gonna get 4 soon) I would say he's about equel to Spider man in strength. He's never really done anything very clever in the games, but he doesn't seem to be that dum, so I say he's around average intelligence.

#13 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:04 PM

I used to think of him as Spider-man level, but I've come to realize he is far above him. What I was saying was Dante tends to hold back and toy around so anyone with the strength and skill to damage him, which I think you need to be a minimum of Spider-man would give him trouble.

Yeah, pretty much. I love how in DMC he took a bullet to the head with virtually no ill effects. It made me wonder what could hurt him, if anything. Of course, that was him with no fatigue, at 100%. Do you think that bullet would have did actual damage if he was shot after his battle with Vergil? And consideing DMC4 Dante is stronger than DMC3 Dante... 0.0

#14 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:06 PM

Having played DMC 1-3 (gonna get 4 soon) I would say he's about equel to Spider man in strength. He's never really done anything very clever in the games, but he doesn't seem to be that dum, so I say he's around average intelligence.

When or if you get DMC4, you'll see that he can do things in terms of strength that Spider-man just can't.

I agree with ou in terms of intelligence. He seems smart enough, but he isn't breaking any records. Probably average?

#15 Darksaiyajin345

Darksaiyajin345

Flame of Corruption

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Card Games on Motorcycles!!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:37 AM

When or if you get DMC4, you'll see that he can do things in terms of strength that Spider-man just can't.

I agree with ou in terms of intelligence. He seems smart enough, but he isn't breaking any records. Probably average?

The thing I was wondering is when he cut the skyscraper sized Hell gate was that the power of Yamato or how hard he was swinging it or both? Since I don't believe Nero could do something like that (And his strength is far below Dante's if it was the swords power couldn't Nero do that?).

#16 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:07 PM

The thing I was wondering is when he cut the skyscraper sized Hell gate was that the power of Yamato or how hard he was swinging it or both? Since I don't believe Nero could do something like that (And his strength is far below Dante's if it was the swords power couldn't Nero do that?).

It wasn't strength, but rather, a Combination of his skill and the sword's demonic power.

#17 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:27 PM

The way Yamato is described is, "though it is said to be able to cut through anything as it is even sharper than an Ōkatanaand is imbued with tremendous magic. These qualities are important in its ability to both open and destroy the Hell Gates, but also allow the blade to slice through the fabric of space itself."

Basically Dante could do that because of Yamato's power and his ability to master any weapon style. I don't think Nero has this same ability, which could by way he doesn't get any new weapons throughout the game, but he still may be able to do this because of his, yet to be explained, connection with Yamato.

#18 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:22 PM

The way Yamato is described is, "though it is said to be able to cut through anything as it is even sharper than an Ōkatanaand is imbued with tremendous magic. These qualities are important in its ability to both open and destroy the Hell Gates, but also allow the blade to slice through the fabric of space itself."

Basically Dante could do that because of Yamato's power and his ability to master any weapon style. I don't think Nero has this same ability, which could by way he doesn't get any new weapons throughout the game, but he still may be able to do this because of his, yet to be explained, connection with Yamato.

That makes me wonder what kind of potential Rebellion has. Like maybe it's can cut through the fabric of time or something. Supposedly, the swords are relatively equal... Since Yamato can't cut through Rebellion. Don't forget, Yamato was once broken itself. How did that come to be?

#19 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:29 PM

That makes me wonder what kind of potential Rebellion has. Like maybe it's can cut through the fabric of time or something. Supposedly, the swords are relatively equal... Since Yamato can't cut through Rebellion. Don't forget, Yamato was once broken itself. How did that come to be?

Chances are, and I think there were hints to this in the manual of DMC4 (my copy didn't come with the manual), that it was broken in Vergil's battle with Mundus, before he became the Nelo Angelo which would explain why he doesn't use it in DMC1 when you fight him.

Keep in mind everyone the game order goes 3, 1, 4, 2.

The thing that's always baffled me is in the cut scene after the second Vergil fight, Lady blocks an attack from Yamato with her rocket launcher. It should have sliced through it like nothing. But then of course Lady would be dead, so it was a good thing. It just didn't make sense.

#20 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:35 PM

Chances are, and I think there were hints to this in the manual of DMC4 (my copy didn't come with the manual), that it was broken in Vergil's battle with Mundus, before he became the Nelo Angelo which would explain why he doesn't use it in DMC1 when you fight him.

Keep in mind everyone the game order goes 3, 1, 4, 2.

The thing that's always baffled me is in the cut scene after the second Vergil fight, Lady blocks an attack from Yamato with her rocket launcher. It should have sliced through it like nothing. But then of course Lady would be dead, so it was a good thing. It just didn't make sense.

I love the hellstorm order. You forgot the anime in your chrono btw. :)

Hm... Maybe it's like adamantium in Wolverines claws? As in driving force is necassary? I think so, but I also think the weilder has to combine strength with the magic in Yamato itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users