43 replies to this topic

#21 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:02 PM

Wasn't there a poll or something to figure it out? I'll try and find it.

Edit: Nevermind. I can't seem to find it.

I did. It was treach at 10 votes, myself and Rookie at four, then nilan and Poet at one. it's under the general discussion thread. However just because we voted people to write the fic, doesn't mean they will actually have time to write it. In all honesty I can't say exactly that I know what's going on, Treach was the one running point on all this and he would know better than me. I'll see if I can get you a clearer answer.

#22 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:51 PM

Last I spoke to Rookie, he was all in. Apparently, he is M.I.A. or just on FPL time.

#23 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:39 AM

Ah, I see...

*Taps foot impatiently at Rookie*

#24 The Rookie

The Rookie

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:18 PM

I wouldn't expect it anytime soon I'll just say to expect it :)

#25 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:39 PM

Fair enough. I just wanted to make sure you were still awake, but I won't rush perfection any further.

#26 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:06 PM

Oh perfection. Ohohoho.

#27 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:57 PM

It's what I expect in return for the long wait. :D

#28 The Rookie

The Rookie

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:03 AM

Ok so yeah I admit I didn't fully complete the full outline Treach sent me however this does bring us up to speed to the finale. Do apologize for the lateness, just a lot of unexpected stuff going on IRL and just never had time for the FPL.

----

Somewhere Over the Pacific Rim

The sound of the airship softly puttering through the evening could be heard on the main deck. It seemed everyone was a little disturbed by the second round of attacks. Ancient evils were afoot, the appearance of the demons could attest to that, however it seemed dark forces were working side by side with modern science. Now more than ever the group was becoming nervous and suspicious of recent events.

Over the ocean nothing impeded the beauty of the night sky. There were no street lamps or torches or black clouds of smoke that would cover the immense beauty of the stars. It had been long since Alexander Vimes had seen them so clear. He thought to himself that the very things that we held highly, this progress we seek, can sometimes make us forget about what we lose. He imagine the very essence of life in people were very much like the snuffed out stars that they couldn’t see, often taken for granted.

“Can’t sleep can you? Or do you even need to?”

The footsteps startled Alexander slightly but when he heard those distinct boots clapping he was not surprised to see the Cimmerian behind him.

“Evening to you Cimmerian.”

“Save it ghost I’m not here to exchange pleasantries. I’m just a little nervous, scared even.”

“You, scared? I never thought of you being the type.”

“Hey you know who isn’t scared of anything.” The Cimmerian pulled out his gun and pointed it at Alexander. “Dead men that’s who. Of course you do seem to be the self righteous type so I’m not surprised.”

Before Alexander could protest about his current life status the Cimmerian kept talking “there could be all kinds of boogey men and who knows what in Australia. And if there’s anything to say I think we’re being sent on some wild goose chase.”

Alexander finally got a word in edge wise only to say “well as a detective I can’t help but feel the exact same way.”

The Cimmerian laughed as he said “well looks like we can agree on something.” He tipped his hat as he said “well I guess I should mosey on off. We’ll be there tomorrow evening they said.”

“Well I hope you have a good rest.”

Cimmerian started to walk away before he stopped his back to Alexander as he said “I just have one question to ask you?”

“What question is that?”

“Why don’t you just move on? Why stick around in this crazy messed up place?”

“Well I think the very nature of mankind is to progress only when things are finished. If Lord Black is still around certainly what I set out to do isn’t finished.”

The Cimmerian shrugged and started to walk again “well let me just say when I finally take that dirt nap don’t expect my ass to stick around.”

New South Wales, Australia

Minerva stood there nearly paralyzed as she watched the blade cut deeper into her father’s neck. The demonic creature cackling as he goaded her on to use her mechanical arm. Minerva kept holding her arm out, her eyes clenched into slits and yet for some reason something was holding her back. Something wasn’t allowing her to end this standoff when all of the sudden a cobalt blue bolt streaked past her cheek. She turned and saw the Cimmerian’s gun smoking. Turning back around she saw the bullet hole, still warm and smoking, in her father’s forehead as she screamed. The demon tossed her father’s body away and rushed at her when all of the sudden everything went black.

Her eyes opened and she sat up seeing the comfortable confines of her airship cabin, Crixus at her side nuzzling his nose into her side. Her body was covered in a cold sweat as she panted. Shaking her head she finally got out of bed and started to get dressed. Looking at herself in her standing mirror she put on her mechanical arm, dubbed S.P.A.M, and looked at herself in the mirror.
When she finally got out onto the deck she realized they were no longer in the air. The crew was working on maintenance, busy running about as she made her way to the unloading area. As she looked out at the exit she saw Alanna standing there enjoying a cigarette.

“Well sleeping beauty finally woke up” she joked as she flicked some ash away.

“Sorry, how long have we been docked?”

“A few hours.”

“And where is everyone else?”

“Hell if I know. Tsaigo is on the top deck doing her exercises. The boys well, they bolted here faster than a couple of sailors on land leave.”

“That seems to be keeping in their nature I guess.”

Alanna laughed out loud as she said “you’re learning fast, especially with these guys. I’ve known Axel for a while and given he keeps in company with that Cowboy I can only assume he’s not much different.

They’re all probably out having a good time before they need to get their hands dirty.”

Minerva nervously laughed as she looked out into the expanse of the Australian wilderness. “Well I guess it’d be nice to explore. I mean maybe a week ago the furthers I’ve gone was parts of Europe. Now I’ve been all over the world it seems.”

Alanna smiled at Minerva as she remarked “you do have it in you.”

“Have what in me?”

“The spirit of an adventurer.”

Minerva simply smiled at that.

-----

“You call this Whiskey? Come on give me the good stuff!”

Cimmerian Cowboy felt at home here in Australia. He didn’t care much for the sprawling metropolises that were London and Kyoto. Small towns, open wilderness and men of questionable moral standards, it was as close to being back in the west of America as he’d ever been on this whole trip. A comely blonde waitress in her think Australian accent began to pour four more shots of alcohol that could strip paint off a barn. Axel kept watching attending to his drink as a small crowd started to gather around them.

“This friends, this is how you drink!” Cimmerian downed the shots quickly as the crowd cheered, Cimmerian quickly shaking his head as Axel finally stood up.

“I’m cutting you off friend. Besides we should head back to the ship and devise a proper plan.”

“Aw come on man, I’m still good for another round.”

Axel chuckled as he said “you definitely don’t look fine.”

“Look genius, in my state now I can probably fire a pistol better than you.” Cimmerian smiled as the crowd chanted for the two men to sort this out.

Axel smiled back. “Challenge accepted.”

The two men exited the bar and started to stroll into the outback. When they started to stray from the town’s limits the crowd that was following them soon stopped.

“You guys aren’t going to come with us?” asked Cimmerian.

“There’s something out there yankee. Something that’s been kidnapping men.”

Cimmerian simply chuckled as he said “we’ll take out chances.”

When the two men finally made it out to a cleared patch of open land Cimmerian picked up one of the two cans he had with him and threw it at Axel.

“Toss this up, real good, I’ll get six shots into it easily.”

Axel threw the can up into the air as the Cimmerian quick drew his revolver, firing off six quick shots. Five rang out with loud pangs but the sixth seemed to have missed its mark as the can dropped to the ground landing in the dirt.

“Off day Axel, but I’d like to see you get even five. You ready?”

Axel nodded as Cimmerian threw the second can in the air. Axel pulled out a strange gun that rang shots quickly, puffs of steam exiting his gun as, in rapid succession, firing six bullets into the can before dropping the burning hot pistol into the ground.

“As you can see some design flaws but I hope to get this automatic pistol… Cimmerian?”

It seemed so quick, but in the distance he saw the Cowboy walking into the outback.

“Hey wait come… back…”

It suddenly hit Axel, the sweet scent lingering in the air that forced him to follow his friend. With every step he could hear the voice whisper to him.

“Closer my dear…”

----

Victor stalked across the open outback as Alexander kept a close eye on him. Despite his own struggle with his animalistic side Victor was feeling it during the trip from Japan to Australia. Needless to say the beast needed to be unleashed. Victor, no longer incognito, kept his head close to the ground as his large nostrils flared. He hoped to get that faint scent he smelt earlier when his target was finally seen. A small group of rabbits, brought over to Australia as sport for the higher ups in the new colony, were sitting idlly by as Victor let out a soft hiss and made his way towards them.

Like a green flash he quickly snatched the oldest rabbit in his jaws, shaking about as the others started to scatter. He quickly took chase, looking out for the young ones whose tender flesh he desired. Spitting out the head of the first rabbit he kept chasing two young bunnies, wedging their mother out of the way before he scooped both of them up in his jaws and nearly swallowed them whole.

“Well that was a gruesome display.” Alexander Vimes had decided to be the one to take Victor out as he quickly stomped on a passing rabbit, holding it in his claws as he slowly peeled off its fur.

“Maybe we should go to an abattoir and see how cows are processed so you know how meat is prepared for you.” He took a look at Alexander as he then remarked “well WAS prepared for you.”

Victor happily picked at the rabbit meat with his teeth as Alexander floated beside him. He admired the beauty of the nearly untouched world that was Australia. So much of the earth had become a place of progress; it was startling to him that there were even areas that sat untouched.

Victor pulled away from his half eaten rabbit as his head shot up. His nostrils flared again as Alexander reached out to him.

“Hey I think we should get…”

Not a word, no snarl, not even a mighty roar. Victor shot off into the wilderness as if he was possessed. Alexander couldn’t think of anything else to do but to follow him.

-----

The sun slowly begins to set, seemingly burning the sky as it changes from it’s wonderful blue to a bands of orange and red. Alanna and Minerva return from visiting the local town and to be met by Tsaigo and Crixus IV waiting at the loading bay.

“Is something wrong Tsaigo?” asked Alanna.

“The men, they haven’t returned.”

Crixus begins to whimper as Minerva goes over and start petting his metal frame.

“Even for that bunch this is late. Maybe someone in town has seen them.”

The girls all decide to go into town, wondering what the hell has happened to their comrades.

-----

Tangled in vines Victor thrashed about as his mind was bouncing back and forth. He seemed the least affected out of the three men who were strung up by thick foliage. Victor’s mind switched, from being enamored to outright rage of his imprisonment as he focused on the florally dressed seductress in front of him.

“Such a strange specimen, this particular pheromone shouldn’t be able to affect animals but I guess there’s something deeper inside you.” She dragged her fingers along the bottom of Victor’s chin before the lizard snapped. Delilah pulled her finger out of the way quickly.

“Naughty naughty boy, you know what that means.” The vines around Victor began to tighten more and more causing the mighty beast to roar in anger.

Axel tried to struggle in his restraints as he said “you won’t get away with this Delilah.”

“And if it isn’t my favorite boy toy Axel Talbot. You seem to have a knack for saying that but this time it isn’t looking so good. Besides if you think the girl group is going to save you I have just the surprise for them.”

Axel tried in vain to rip out of his restraints, without his suit he felt absolutely powerless as he looked on. Steps could be heard entering the chamber of trees as a dark cloaked figure appeared in their presence.

“Master will be most pleased with what you’ve achieved” said the figure.

“We’re not quite done but I’d imagine it won’t be long before we bring this little pet project…”

Suddenly a crash could be heard through the trees as Criixus IV came smashing in with Minerva on his back. From the gaping opening spilled in Alexander and Alanna first, the two sibiling working to try to get to their trapped comrades.

“Stop them!” Yelled out Deliah as she sent her vines to try and catch Minerva and Crixus.

“Don wehree aye gawt dees!” From the roof of the chamber a mass of black hair came crashing down splitting into two as the separate entites chased Alexander and Alanna.

As Crixus charged at Delilah a wall of vines suddenly sprung up wrapping around the metal animal’s body. It whimpered as Minerva leapt off, flying towards Delilah with her metal SPAM fist out crushing it into the foral girl’s face.

Delilah stumbled back and screamed “how brutish!”

“Better brutish than timid!” yelled out Minerva as she sent a telekinetic push into Delilah, sending her spiraling back into the wall of vines that were keeping Victor, Axel and the Cimmerian captive.

Alanna kept flipping and firing shots at the Rastafarian as he yelled “no wan ehscapes frum Dreadlock mon.” Just as he uttered those words his prehensile hair wrapped itself around Alanna crushing her body as
Alexander tried to go after his sister.

Alanna screamed for help when a shining burst from the air came crashing down. Tsaigo slashed Dreadlock’s hair with her katana as she turned towards her foe. She deftly ran towards Dread lock, leaping over each of his dreadlock braids until she simply slashed forward with all her might, the wind shear blowing Dreadlock back into the vine wall that started to entangle him as well.
Tsaigo went to cut down her colleagues from the engtagling vines as Minerva gripped Delilah’s chin tightly.

“You’re going to tell us who’s behind all of this if you know what’s good for you!”

Delilah simply laughed as she looked over at Dreadlock. “I believe it’s time for us to make our leave. Seems we’re a little outnumbered here.”

“Aye yah dyme, time fo us to bee leeveen!”

The vine wall suddenly collapsed on itself as it slowly sunk into the ground, dragging Delilah and Dread lock into the earth as the flora woman blew a kiss at Axel Talbot. The group stood there baffled at what had transpired.

The sun was slowly rising as the team made their way back to the airship. They were all weary and hoping to have a day to rest before continue their investigation. Suffice it to say they were less than pleased to see a literal circus of men in leather tunics scurrying around their ship.

Cimmerian sneered as he said “oh god what the hell is this?”

Minerva slumped along Crixus who let out a loud yawn and laid down himself.

Axel looked over his weary colleagues and said “sometimes surrender is a tactic.”

“Not in my book” said Cimmerian as he reached for his gun when he suddenly saw someone come out of the loading doors, someone he never thought he’d ever see again.

-----

They couldn’t believe it as they all sat around a small table, staring at his mechanical arm, the patch of metal on his face. Still, the beard was intact, his hat undeniable. It was him, after all these years it was him.
Cimmerian stammered as he said “you were shot! It was in all the papers.”

“A simple trick to appease the south, grudges can’t truly be dropped unless there are small compromises made. However I must say the procedure was excruciating.”

Axel shook his head as he said “to attach metal to flesh, I mean, it’s been something I’ve been looking into…”

Abraham Lincoln looked over at Axel and simply stated “Son even a genius like you doesn’t have all the answers. As you can see greater powers are working in this world. Some here to protect and others that are looking to destroy it. We’ve assembled you because we’re slowly realizing that we can’t keep working in the shadows. Our enemies are becoming brasher, more upfront so to speak. We need to be the same.
However we can’t send armies of men to work for us. That would scare every country in the world!”

Alanna spoke up “so we’re your go to team when things get hairy?”

“More or less, a team looking out for the interest of perpetual motion, the momentum that moves mankind, that is what we’re looking to form and maintain here. Now I know you all have your own things going on in your lives and we will try not to get in the way of that stuff however when duty calls you will be asked to help.”

Axel nodded as he said “yes, if it means protecting the world how can I turn my back on it?”

Alexander stepped forward, a little nervousness in his voice as he said “I’ll do my best.” Allana stepped beside her brother stating “and I will help him.”

Tsaigo laid her sword down on the table as she said “this sword now belongs to you. Please guide it for me Mr. Lincoln.”

Crixus howled as Minerva petted him “I guess we’re in this now too.”

Victor scratched his claw along the table before he said simply “I’m in.”

Cimmerian chuckled as he paced around the room. “Well Ol’ Abe looks like you got yourself a posse going on here. Well why not I’m in. Not like the good Ol’ U S of A is much exciting these days.”
Abraham Lincoln smiled as he said “well we better set course for Africa. Seems Fenris Black had enslaved a kingdom there to do whatever dark things he has planned. We can never get any details because quite frankly anyone who tries to infiltrate the kingdom we never hear from again and…”

Suddenly the door burst open as a man who looked to be made purely of muscle stood in its frame.

“Oh and team meet the first member of our Infinium group here. Max Masters, the Manliest Man.”

The man tipped his hat as he said in his thick Aussie accent “so these are the namby pambies I gotta play nice with? Well I’ve seen worse hahaha.”

The Cimmerian Cowboy gritted his teeth as he muttered “I think it’s going to be a long trip to Africa.”

#29 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 06:32 PM

Hell yeah! Am I the only person seeing this? The FPL space time continuum strikes again, but it's worth it.

#30 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:10 PM

I thought this would be the last installation? Is there another part?

#31 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:59 PM

I thought this would be the last installation? Is there another part?

Depends, are you volunteering?

*Holds finger to nose

#32 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:00 AM

If Treach is cool with it, why not. To be honest, it might take a while, but I'd give it a crack.

#33 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:00 PM

I'm crossing my fingers that Rookie will drop the last part soon. But don't fret, I and a few select others are preparing a big Sayang event. It gon b good!

#34 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

Come on RookieRook! I want to cap this one off to start a new team in a new time period.

#35 Canis Minor

Canis Minor

That Guy Nobody Likes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy making a pest of myself. Also cartoons. But mostly the first thing.

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:19 PM

Woah. Okay, just read this all the way through. This really needs to be a more regular thing. I very much like.

The little friendship between Minerva and Crixus... dang I wish I'd thought of that. Cute.

#36 The Rookie

The Rookie

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:46 AM

Yeah I'll be honest, no idea when I'll get to this, so if Darkrender wants to take over he can

#37 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:07 PM

At the moment, I don't think I could add this to my plate.

#38 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

Infinium- The Finale- Part 1

A plume of black smoke shot into the hot Australian air as the airship finally roared to life. A group of workers hurriedly pushed the final piece of storage on deck as the airship slowly lifted off.

“Close the hatch!” One yelled out as another quickly jumped to the task. As he reached for the latch however a hairy black tendril wrapped itself tightly around his wrist and pulled him out of the airship to the ground. His cries and the crack of him hitting the ground caught the attention of the other workers and they looked to the open hatch. Slowly a black figure pulled itself up. It dusted itself off and chuckled as the very locks on his head danced.

----

The new found team stood in the common room as Lincoln finished briefing them of the situation.

“I’ve studied the globe time and time again and not once have I ever heard of a city such as Hami-Miji.” Axel said, skeptical of Lincoln’s sources.

“They’ve worked very hard to ensure that,” Abe said, “Unfortunately, Black could see whatever was cloaking them in the first place. The city should be here.” He pointed his metal finger at east Africa around the border Kenya on the map.

“And what’s so important about this damned place again?” The Cimmerian interjected.

“What lies in the city is mostly a mystery, so we’re not sure, but if Black went through the trouble of capturing it then it’s something worth noting and looking into.”

Crixus then cried a metallic wale of exhaustion and boredom and Minerva stirred a bit. She was lying beside the metal beast and had dozed off.

“How about a break then?” Vimes asked, noting the groggy and empty faces of his teammates.

“I suppose we’ve covered enough to…” Abe began, but was cut off by Alanna.

“Break? We don’t have time for breaks! We’re entirely too close to hinder now.”

“Look at us Alanna. If we don’t rest before we face Black and his supposed army we’ll be slaughtered.” Vimes reasoned.

“The ghost is right.” Said The Cimmerian.

Alanna huffed as she looked at the team. She could see their weakness from exhaustion and it angered her. How would they defeat Black at this rate? She stormed out of the room.

“What an emotional young woman” Axel commented as he puffed on his pipe.

Alanna continued to walk. It usually calmed her down to walk. It was as if she drops her worries with each step and the African winds would sweep them away into the plains, but this wasn’t Africa. She jumped as a pipe exhausted steam from a gasket, and something else pinged. She quickened her pace. She didn’t really like being on the airship. As her pace quickened the clank of her footsteps became louder against the metal ground and she suspected a second set of footsteps accompanying her.

She stopped.

“Show yourself.” She said looking into the dark corners of the engine room. She could hear her stalker step forward, the metal floors amplifying every movement.

She readied herself.

The shadows seemed to take form, reaching for her with its black tendrils. Then it spoke, “Don’tcha worry gurly. I play nice.”

Dreadlock then stepped out of the shadows as his locks quickly wrapped around Alanna tight. She let out a horrid scream as the last of the air in her chest was squeezed out. She fell limp in Dread’s grip and the locks slowly uncoiled from around her body and she fell into his hands.

“Sleep well, sweet ting.”

He rustled his tattered brown overcoat as he surveyed his surroundings. The rustic pipes lined the walls as they rattled and dripped with condensation. The airship was now well on its way to Africa and that gave him ample time to get his job done.

The whirr of the propeller calmed the anxious nerves of the Infinium member known as Vimes. His cigar lit up as he puffed before exhaling a cloud of smoke. Axel then stepped out and leaned on the railing beside him.

“So have you talked to her?” He asked.

“Actually, she’s really been avoiding me. She must be quite upset.” He said puffing then removing the cigar for a moment.

“While this gondola is a remarkable invention it’s not THAT large. I’m sure there aren’t many places she could be hiding.”

“Trust me, if she wants to stay hidden, she’ll stay hidden.”

“Fair enough.”

A blood curling scream then filled the air. For a brief second life seemed to pause except for the wind passing through the gondola’s propellers. When the second ended, however, the two men sprung into action pushing through the doors entering into the lobby.

The shipmen were scrambling, but Vimes and Axel approached a group that seemed to be discussing the issue.

“What the bloody hell was that?” Axel asked.

“We’re not sure, but we found a body of a loader in the cargo bay. We may have a hostile
aboard.”

“What was the cause of death?” Axel inquired.

“Asphyxiation. He seemed to be crushed, sir. There were marks left by whatever, or whoever crushed him evident all over his body.”

“That herbal witch?” The Cimmerian asked.

“It couldn’t be. We left her in Africa. Plus, I have a feeling she wouldn’t be as bold as to attack us over a body of water. No, she wouldn’t be that bold.”

The stomping could be heard from a mile away as the metallic beast ran into the lobby. He tilted his head in the direction he came and implored the men to follow.

When they arrived to where Crixius was leading them, Minerva and The Cimmerian was already there, standing over the weak body of Alanna.

Vimes phased through them to sit by her body.

"My dear Alanna." He said under his breath. He lifted her head and she coughed softly before grimacing and opening her eyes.

"Dreadlock. The Jamaican. He's here." She managed to get out.

When Vimes raised his eyes the rest of the group, Masters, Saigo, and Victor had joined them.

"Spread out." He spit his cigar to the floor as the Cimmerian lifted Alanna’s body and Vimes phased through the wall. The team dispersed in an effort to flush out the villain.

The full moon was making a spectacular appearance on this night, dazzling the sky and out-shining the stars without a cloud in the sky to shade its beauty. Dreadlock lifted the wrench out of the fallen engineer and swung it about as he whistled an island melody. He suddenly stops his whistling however when he hears the clanking of the metal monster known as Crixius. Falling into the shadows, Dread watches as Crixius stalks by sniffing the ground. It approaches the unconscious engineer pawing it briefly to inquire of his welfare when his head suddenly shoots up toward the shadows. Dread takes a silent step back, but the beast has caught his sense and growls a metallic growl. Dreadlock doesn’t hesitate another moment and strikes. His bonds of hair lash out and strike the beast like a hammer to its side.

Its dog-like cry of pain pierced through the air.

“Crixius!” A female voice yelled from down the corridor.

Dreadlock receded back into the shadows as Minerva ran to the side of the beast. His dreads danced in the shadows preparing to attack when a number of other footsteps soon followed her.

Axel knelt down and felt the dented and scratched metal of the beast’s side.

“He’s trying to take us out one by one!” Minerva screams as she cradles Crixius’s large head.

“I won’t let that happen.” Axel rose from beside the two and ran back to his room to transform in the Brass Man.

The heavy footsteps echoed down the corridor, barely audible over the steam moving about in the pipes that lined the walls.

“Dreadlock!” Axel yelled. “I thought we left you in Africa old boy.”

“Not quite my friend.” The voice called back from seemingly everywhere.

A silence lingered.

“How about we end this then?”

“No problem.”

Suddenly the locks binned Axel’s arms as he released a torrent of steam into the air. The locks forced him to the ground and then slowly encased him the black tendrils. Axel could feel the pressure increasing rapidly in the suit and knew he had to escape from the Jamaican’s grasp. He propelled into the air, allowing his steam jets to lift him into the air. The pressure lessened. The brass man then pushed the throttle to its extent. Engines whirred as his bands stretched to their full potential before finally releasing the hero. He landed across from his attacker.

A stare down ensued.

“Stand down. You’re horribly outnumbered my boy.” Axel said leisurely.

“Outnumbered, ya? I only see the two of us, mon.” Dread replied.

“Not quite!”

Dreadlock was then telekinetically tossed into the wall. He sneered at the unexpected guest.

Without a word, he lashed out with his crushing dreads. Minerva attempted to hold back the many tendrils, but they soon overwhelmed her. Brass Man then moved in jetting at Dread, tackling him into the air. They tussled in the air, before crashing through the wall. Men scattered as they crashed onto the other side. Axel took hold of Dread under his iron grip, attempting to squeeze him into submission. Dread pelted the iron suit with quick jabs to no avail, before finally forcing his dreads through the slits in Axel’s armor. Axel gagged as the locks wrapped around his throat. His grip around the villain slowly lessened as the pressure around his throat increased. He released Dread, but the pressure on his throat continued to increase.

Minerva then finally stepped through the path of destruction left from Axel and Dread. She immediately attacked telekinetically, pushing dread off of the scientist. Max Masters then also entered the scene throwing his hardened shoulder into the flying Dreadlock. He hit the ground hard. As he looked up through his Dreads however he could see the rest of the Infinium team slowly filling the lobby.

He spit to the floor before speaking, “I know when I’ve been beaten mon.”

His dreads jumped from his head as they reached for the window behind him. The team quickly scrambled to prevent his escape, but it was too late. His dreads pulled him through the window.

Minerva ran to the window, slightly leaning out it.

“Did he jump?”

“It seems to be he did.” Vimes added. “We’ll see him again, I’m sure.”

To be continued...

#39 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:16 AM

I'll read this soon. Promise! Its just been a really busy weekend

#40 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:57 PM

Okay, now I read it. Its good. I liked that people actually died. Most of Infinium is properly dead in the roster so getting some conclusion and closure would be nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users