#21 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:21 PM

Ugggggh, I'm going to kick something. I want in, but I'm not talented enough to do so many things at once.

#22 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:37 PM

I'm really not sure how comfortable I am with Exal being my pet. That would be like if Koko the gorilla had a pet astrophysicist. Getting to work on James Candle.

#23 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:56 PM

We may have use of you later, Treach. Maybe we can talk in chat about it sometime.

#24 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:14 PM

Okey doke

#25 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:35 PM

Due Date?

One week from now.

#26 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:46 PM

Got it.

#27 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

Hobbit

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:cacoethes scribendi

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:28 PM

Psuedo, think of it this way, as far as Magical Girl's go the Girl is always the 'powerhouse' or 'hero' while the Pet tends to be more of the 'mastermind' sort.

So, really, that is an appropriate comparison.

#28 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:33 PM

Psuedo, think of it this way, as far as Magical Girl's go the Girl is always the 'powerhouse' or 'hero' while the Pet tends to be more of the 'mastermind' sort.

So, really, that is an appropriate comparison.

Yay! Im the muscle to Threedarks mastermind...should be fun.

#29 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:22 AM

So I'm guessing any animal would be acceptable since Pokemon had a wide variety, or no?

#30 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:49 PM

I need to understand the landscape and feel of the Dreamtime before I can crank this one out. Anything I could read to give me a feel of what the place is like?

#31 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:50 PM

Due Date?

One week from now.

:(

Posted Image

.......thats soon.

#32 Updatedude

Updatedude

Don't feed him after midnight

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:23 PM

So I'm guessing any animal would be acceptable since Pokemon had a wide variety, or no?

Any creature would be fine, yes. Though they probably wouldn't be full sized unless they have a power to represent that. For instance, if you're an elephant type pet, you'd probably be by default, like a short Babar as opposed to a full sized elephant. Unless you have something like Growth to represent your pet returning to its "true form".

#33 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:30 PM

Today IS the cut-off date. If I don't have your character by midnight tonight, that's it. No hard feelings, but we won't wait around. Update and Treacherous are the exceptions, since I asked for them to join a few days after we got our eight peeps. If this leaves us with fewer participants than originally planned, we'll just play with it from there.

#34 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:46 PM

THE PAIRINGS

James Candle (Pseudonym) and Chanticleer (Sir Exal)

Stats: All Standard

James Candle

Mr Willows sat on the other side of his desk peering down his long beaky nose at the child who sat in front of him. The counselor had his hands clasped over his chest, as he always did. James found the counselor loathsome. The counselor always had his own ideas about how the world worked. James did not like them.

One example is that when a delinquent was sent to Mr. Willows’ office he would sit in his pose, judging through his glasses for what felt like an eternity. The silence would build and make the small, stuffy counselor’s office feel even smaller and stuffier. After a minute or two – what felt like an eternity to James – Mr. Willows would lean in and ask a question. Something that sounded much more meaningful than it really was like, “Why do you come to school?” or “Do you think your anger comes from your hands, your heart, or your head?” James wished he would just say what he needed to say.

This time in particular, after the silence had become caustic Mr. Willows leaned across his mahogany desk staring myopically down at James and asked, “Why did you hit Tim?”

James waited. Waited a real long time. Waited until the silence became unbearable for the man on the other side of the desk. Mr. Willows started to repeat his question again when James interrupted him, “I don’t like him.”

“Ah, well why not?”

“He’s not nice.” James glanced up at the clock. Ten minutes. Ten minutes until he could slip into his relatively easy English class. It was bad enough that they took recess away from him, but he had to spend it listening to the philosophies of a grown-up.

“Well you see,” Mr. Willows began, “it’s sometimes hard for us all to live up to the standards one would assume of an ideal moralistic system. Do you understand me?”

James nodded. He didn’t really understand though. “Mr. Willows, I don’t think you understand me.”

“Don’t I?” Mr. Willows was so sure of himself.

“No. And I don’t think you can.” James glanced up at the clock again, almost no time had passed, “I hit Tim because I don’t like Tim. I don’t like Tim because Tim made me not like him. It’s his fault. Talk to him.” With that, James stood up and walked to the door. He knew he might get detention but it was worth it. James didn’t like Mr. Willow.

Personality

“He’s just been so ornery ever since the accident.” Mr Willows wrought his hands with worry and pity. On the other side of the room, Ms Lesson, James’s homeroom teacher, sat and listened to the counselor’s concerns. “I mean, it’s just like, he’s so withdrawn. He never talks to me about his feelings. That’s normally not behavior seen until the adolescent stage.” Mr. Willows paced furiously back and forth. Ms. Lesson calmly sipped her coffee. “Whenever he does show me his feelings,” Mr. Willows continued, “it’s always anger. Sometimes directed at me, sometimes elsewhere.”

“Yes but-” Ms. Lessons tried to interject.

“I hear he’s this angry with everyone.”

“Not quite everyone.”

---
Jade was different. James knew there was something special about her. Not just because she also didn’t like Tim. Not just because she was the only girl who was willing to hold hands with him under the table during Science class. But because she was always with him. She was the only one who ever followed him into his dreams.

Energy Sheath: Standard

All of James’s dreams started in a dark cave. It was scary every single time until James felt a small hand next to his and clasped it. Then he felt the glow spreading from inside his chest and spreading as a brilliant light from all around James’s body. With a shared look, James and Jade both stepped walked out of the cave.

Fire: Superior, Ranged, Multi Attack

James’s first footstep out of the cave landed on snow. James pushed ahead to where he knew a cabin would be waiting. After he bumped open the door, James snapped his fingers and the fireplace roared. He turned to ask Jade to sit down, but she wasn’t there. Every time. Every dream. And every time it reduced James to a sobbing wreck. Never again, he tells himself. Never let her come with him again.

Chanticleer

“So this is it?” asked Genevieve, looking at the last room of the cave, illuminating the small chamber with the glowing yellow light from her wand. A small dark bundle floated at the precise center. “Clavel, are you sure we're in the right place?”

“Of course we are,” chastised the magical red squirrel, “I'm not dragging you through dusty, warded caves for three hours and not going to the right place.

Genevieve moved L'Bâton di Triomphe nearer to the bundle, and with more focused light, could see a texture to the bundle—feathers. “This is the legendary hero we need to wake up?” She prodded it. “You're sure we didn't just stumble upon the world's comfiest pillow?”

“Show some bloody respect!” yelled Clavel. “He saved your entire nation, and the whole of Europe, down the line!”

“Yeah, I'm sure,” responded Genevieve. “So how do we wake it up? I didn't bring an alarm clock.”

“How else do you solve problems?” asked Clavel, with the very best lopsided smirk a hedgehog could make. “Hit it with a magic blast.”

“Don't have to tell me twice,” laughed Genevieve, and she took a few steps away from the floating bundle. She took her stance just for a moment, then screamed, “Puissance...Grande....Jaune!” A beam of golden light shot from le Baton, hitting the packed feathers. The beam did not destroy the bundle, which just bathed in the magical power for the brief time Genevieve was able to extend the blast. When the magical laser ceased, the bundle quaked for a moment, then exploded.

Or Genevieve thought. There was such a piercing, loud noise that she was sure the bundle had detonated, until, through the hands she had pressed to her ears, she realized the nature of the sound—a definite cock's crow.

The bundle dropped to the ground, its identity now clearly defined—a large, noble-looking rooster. “Chanticleer,” said Clavel, even though Genevieve's ears still rung.

Personality

“How long was I asleep for?” asked the rooster, in a deep voice and an ancient French that without Clavel's magical influence on her mind, Genevieve wouldn't have a prayer of understanding.

“Nearly six hundred years,” answered Clavel, in a tone of respect that the rodent did not usually possess.

“And what the hell do they need me for?”

“They won't tell me. They just told me they needed you, and the yellow wonder here and I came down. Sky City crap hasn't changed a bit.”

Chanticleer grunted, and Genevieve spoke up. “May I ask what exactly is so special about you? And if you're so damned great, why are you sleeping in a cave?”

“Genevieve!” gasped Clavel.

Chanticleer focused one opaque eye on the magical girl. “You want to know? Before your great-great-grandfather was even conceived, there was a war going on. Sky City folk don't usually give a damn about earthly fights, wars come, wars go, and there's almost always a lot more at stake on the eldritch side of the veil. But some know-it-all Dreamtime Oracles saw that if the French lost this fight, a few centuries down the line, things were going to go to shit, like whole-of-Europe-under-the-heel-of-a-tyrant bad. So I get a message down to what they say is the one girl who can change things. She and I manage to win a few battles, turn the tide and all that, until, this being back when the Masons were hunting anything with even a wink of Dreamtime in them, she gets caught, tried and executed, the whole time thinking that the Sky City would save her. So me, having saved a continent just to see this girl get liquidated 'cause she already did her part, decide to go into hibernation until the bigwigs get their heads out of their asses. There. That's my story.”

Genevieve blinked for a moment, unsure what to make of Chanticleer's speech, until finally being able to ask, “Who...who was she? Your magical girl?”

Chanticleer began marching out of the cave, “Her fille magique name was just 'The Maiden' though I'm guessing you can't have a name as simple as that anymore. Before that, she was just a peasant named Jeanne D'Arc.”

“You mean she was--” started Genevieve, but Chanticleer interrupted her. “You coming, or am I going to have to get out of this place in the dark?”

Sonics: Standard

A cock's crow is a funny thing. I've always crowed “Co-co-ri-co,” but those damn English called it “Cock-a-doodle-doo,' which just sounds dirty to me. English always loved their profanities. In deference, the German sound for it is “kikeriki,” the Arabs called it “kookookoo-koo,” and I understand some Asian languages and—I think you call 'em Turks, now—seem to think I only crow vowel sounds. Weird how I make one noise and it's heard in so many different ways.

But one thing that doesn't change is the symbolism of the co-co-ri—whatever. Roosters crow in the morning, (although it has more to do with the fact there's a big ball of fire in the sky) so crows get associated with the beginning of the day and, by extension, the beginning, full stop. So that's what I'm here for...to begin the beginning of something big.

Co-co-ri-*vulgarity*ing-co.

Tactician: Superior

Do you honestly think Jeanne could have had the tactical gumption to break the siege of Orleans or march on Reims herself? Of course not, she was a peasant, poor girl could barely read. Give her magical powers and a rooster who spent a few years boning up on military strategy...then you've got something.

Then she got captured. My fault, not hers. Damned if we didn't try to get her outta there too. I petitioned the higher-ups to intervene; after all, if what the Oracles said were true, Jeanne had to save the whole of Europe. They told me they were actively looking into intervention.

What they didn't tell me was that she had already accomplished what we set out to do. France would win the Hundred Years' War. Five hundred years later, the fact that France wasn't under British rule would prevent some dictator from taking over. With that done, Jeanne was considered expendable. I watched the girl I was sworn to fight beside burn to death. You tell me if I didn't deserve a little magically-induced vacation time out of that. Obviously I got summoned a little early, but I guess roosters are always the first ones to wake up.

History says she had visions of God and angels, that she was divinely gifted. That she was killed for being a heretic instead of the magical girl she was. I don't mind. It's more believable than “magical talking cock” anyway.

Catalina Cage (KevinDWolf93) and Zamawomiro (ThreeDark)

Stats: Weak Strength and Body, Standard Agility and Mind

Catalina Cage

A young woman by the name of Catalina would be in her room fast asleep. While her physical body rested, her mind would be off in a distant land unknown to her. All she did was play around by herself in a wide-open meadow. She had this dream every time she fell asleep and enjoyed the peace, however one particular night however, someone would join her.

"Hello." a mysterious figure would say. Cat looked over to the origin of the voice. There he saw a small mole-looking thing. It appeared to have popped right out of the ground. "What’s your name?" he would ask. Cat would be a bit frightened by the new person, though she did approach her as she seemed nice.

"I-I'm Catalina. You can call me Cat." she said as she cracked a weak smile. Terra would feel that Cat was scared and approach cautiously.

"You can call me Terra if you'd like. I kind of hang around here too. I’ve seen you around before...but I havent really gotten up the courage to ask you..." she began to say before trailing off. Raising an eyebrow, Cat would as what question he wished to ask. Terra would smile a bit. "Well...I wanted to ask you two things. The first was if you and I could be friends."

"I'd love to be your friend...as nice as this place is, it’s kind of lonely." Cat said simply. Terra would nod, before play-tackling Cat. The two would play in the grass, enjoying each other's company. Both individuals would enjoy it before a thought would pass Cat's mind. "What's the second thing?" she asked curiously. At that Terra's expression would become less cheery, almost regretful as he spoke.

"Well...I was hoping to ask for your help. Now before you give an answer, I'm not going to lie. It's very dangerous but you get to help a lot of people." Terra said. Cat would think about it.

"Were friends right? Friends help friends." Cat said before tackling Terra. Terra's smile returned upon hearing those words. "Alright, I’ll tell you more about it later, but first I think I owe you a game of hide and seek."

"Yay!" Cat agreed.

Present Day

Cat gloomily walked down the street up to her house. Those events were nothing but memories, almost two years ago. Still they were some of the fondest memories she had ever had.

"Oh Terra." was all she was capable of muttering as she reminisced about the good times she had with her pet. Looking around the dank neighborhood, she silently opened the door and headed straight for her room

Personality

"*sigh*" Cat sighed as she lay down on her bed. It had been almost two weeks since the incident and even now she just wasn't motivated to do anything aside from cry and (try to) sleep. Closing her eyes seemed like the best option to her as she couldn't look around her room at all without seeing something that reminded her of Terra, her magical pet. It didn't help that after their initial meeting all that time ago a few drawings (not easy to make) as well as few photos (not easy to take) of the two together were littered around the room. As long as she was awake all she saw was her. For all the pain they brought her, she didn't dare try and remove the pictures out of respect of Terra's memory. She owed her everything, up to and including her life.

"Oh Terra." Cat muttered to herself once more. She attempted to fall asleep, but would fail due to it being fairly early in the day still. Besides ever since Terra died, she hadn't had a single dream. All she did was think back on the time they had together. Glancing over to a picture of the two, she couldn't help but smile. That particular moment in time was the first real steps to becoming a magical girl.

Two years ago

"I don't know about this, Terra. What if I'm not strong enough?" Cat asked nervously as she attempted to get ahold of her powers. Terra would give a reassuring pat on the shoulder (with some difficulty).

"You'll do fine Cat. I promise. Besides I am watching your back...I always will. Now come on, let's get into stance and you show me what you got!"

"Yes mam!" Cat yelled back as she stood up. She felt ready for anything as she began concentrating. "I'll be the best partner I can be!" she yelled. Terra could only smile at the determination.

Environmental Awareness: Standard

"Alright, now close your eyes." Terra ordered. Seeing Cat do so, she would then ask questions. "Now then, what do you feel?"

"Everything." Cat answered calmly and simply. Terra would be confused by this. After being asked to further elaborate Cat spoke. "Well...I feel the wind. But not how I usually do. I feel it blowing, but I also feel what’s in the wind, like when someone jumps in water and you can see the ripples...I don’t know how to explain it, but I know your right there." Cat says, correctly pointing in the direction of Terra. "I also know were the only ones here right now. In this park. It's empty aside from the wind and a few leaves."

"Interesting." Terra said with a surprised look on her face. "This can prove very useful."

2 weeks ago

Catalina and Terra would be on patrol, when Cat felt something. Though it was different from a regular person or pet. It was giving off immense power like nothing she had ever felt before, and it was coming in fast.

"Terra, something’s coming! Its big!" she yelled. Tetra would nod, before thinking for a few seconds. She came to a realization, before turning to Catalina.

"Cat, I know what’s coming...your going to have to trust me." Terra said, a hint of worry in her voice. Cat nodded simply. Terra would hug Cat. "Good...I'm sorry, but your still not ready for this. I'm going to miss you." Terra said as she gave Cat a hug and before she could ask what she meant, Cat would be grabbed by the earth and brought under the ground. The ground above her closed in and left her in a small tomb.

"Terra! Please, I can help!" Cat yelled. She would try to dig her way out, but the ground above her was too thick for her to do anything. She would hear her speaking with some other people, but she couldn't make it out. The next thing she heard was combat. This went on for several minutes as Cat feebly tried to break out. Eventually she stopped trying to escape, as her hands began to hurt, and began to cry. It was then that the ground above her gave out and fell on her as dirt. Wiping it away, she quickly sat up to look for any signs of her friend. What she saw was the field ravaged with burn marks and shifted earth. There was a big fight that was for sure, however she didn't see any bodies or tracks she could follow. She was gone.

Present day

That memory would repeat several times in Cat's head. For the life of her, she could not understand what her friend meant, nor figure out what attacked her. All she could remember was the odd feeling she had. How different it was. After a sigh, and inability to fall asleep, Cat stood up from her bed. It was two weeks exactly, to the day, since that happened. She put on a jacket and headed outside to the park. There was a small grave she had made for Terra. She didn't have her body or anything like that, so a simple shrine would have to do. She kneeled down in front of it to give her respects. It was then that she felt something coming up from behind her as she was on her knees.

Taijiquan and Aikido
Martial Arts: Standard

As the attacker tried to grab her from behind, he would find his hand caught by Cat. Before he could do anything else, Cat would have used his arm as a lever and with his own momentum he would sail clear over her shoulder and impact the ground in front of Cat with a thud. Cat barely paid him a second glance.

"Hmph." she grunted. That was one move she never thought she would be set up for so well. Good thing she practiced it. When she usually did that in her Aikido class, the other person would roll to dissipate the impact. He definitely did not, hence the small crack of bone that followed the thud of him hitting the ground. She wasn't sure if it was the back of his head or his shoulder, but he would have to wait. The move made her think back to Terra once more. He did encourage her to take up martial arts after all. She remembered back to the day, she was fighting a creature that her wind magic wasn't working against. Terra saved her, but afterwards she decided she needed a more personal form of protection. Catalina still remembered her words.

"Now you’re on the small side, so fighting hard like me isn't very smart. So instead I'm going to show you two styles of fighting that are meant to use your precision along your opponents own energy against them. Trust me, if you master these martial arts then the only two things your opponents will hit is the air followed by the ground."

Cat smiled at that memory. She kissed the shrine before standing up. Terra always cared and watched out for her...even in the end. She would turn to see another hooded figure close in on her. He would throw a left punch which Cat would redirect away from her, before shoving him backward. She wasn't in the mood for fighting right now but the hooded man did not take the hint. He would try to deliver another punch to Cat. This time she wanted him down for the count. She caught the arm in a wristlock. She would twist it before coming in close and flipping the man onto his back.

"Who sent you." she asked simply and coldly seconds after the man hit the ground. He would groan as he tried to stand up, but would be cut off from a side kick which sent him back to the ground. "Answer me or I'll break every bone in your hands...one at a time." she said more forcefully. She had a good idea who was behind it...yet at the same time she had no clue who it actually was.

Telekinesis: Standard, Ranged

As she asked the hooded figure, she would feel something from where she left the other man. She saw him try to draw a gun on her and she countered by swinging her arm downward causing a burst of air to swat the gun out of his hand. She then made a palm strike toward the man which sent a second blast of wind which knocked him back into a tree. She glanced back over to the hooded one to see that he was trying to crawl away. A wave of air would pull him to his feet.

"I'm not through with you yet." she said angrily before asking again who sent him. The figure would begin to speak. Whoever Terra did not want her to face, seemed to be trailing her now. Interesting, she though. She looked at the figure, before sighing.

"Oh Terra." she muttered. She didn't want her friend's sacrifice to be a waste, but she needed to act on this. Whether she wanted to do it alone was another story entirely. As she thought she would notice that the second man would try to run for it. Concentrating heavily, she would grab him with a barrier of air. She then yanked him back with it, him slamming into a tree as a result. She began to pant heavily now. She used up alot of energy with those tricks that involved "grabbing" someone.

Flight: Standard

She turned to the hooded man to ask some more questions before she saw that he had passed out. Only held up by her. Sighing she released the wind binding and let him drop. After tying him up, she would turn to the other man. As she approached him, he would play dead. When she was right up to him, he struck. With his arm, he would try to strike at her legs.

2 Years ago

"Wow, I can't believe this!" Cat said excitedly as she found herself floating in the air for the first time. With a blast of air, she flew upward. "This is great!" she yelled in excitement. Terra was a bit worried.

"Catalina, be careful, if you mess up I can't really do anything about it to help you." Terra said, pointing out her specialty was on the ground. Catalina didn't care, the air was her element. She realized that now and she couldn't be happier.

"Don't worry! I got it!" she called back down to Terra. Now that she was high up she would experiment and try to see how good she could maneuver. Terra looked like she was about to have a heart attack every time she tried something dangerous. This merely made Catalina's smile wider.

Present day

Cat jumped to avoid them and while the man waited for her to come back down he would be surprised to see her floating in the air.

"Surprised how in over your head you are?" Cat smirked before giving a kick to the downed man, knocking him out. "Don't be." she says. When the man comes to, Cat would be right in his face. "Your friend told me some interesting things, but I just want to know one from you. I hope you know it because we're pretty high up." Cat says. The man would look down and see he was not on the ground. "Don't move so much, I can't sustain you very long when you do that." Cat points out matter-of-factly. The man quickly answers the question before begging to be put down. Cat obliges, using the winds to set him down gently. He runs for it soon after. She lets him.

"I have a name and a destination now....Terra, what you did for me will not go to waste." Cat would mutter to herself as she floated in the air several meters up. She was on the case but first she had to get some things in order. She decided to fly home at least partway. As she did so, she felt like she could hear Terra reprimanding her. That was the best feeling she had all day.

Zamawomiro

The Dungeon Dimensions are a harsh mistress, the most vicious and varied beasts breach into reality from it's confines. Those that hunt it's ilk tend to be foolhardy or quite powerful. Unfortunately, Zamawomiro and his Assignment had only been hunting for a few weeks before The Fivefold Beast skulked into our world.

Zama ran, but only once he was sure that the girl had been devoured whole. Back to Sky City and back to the shame of reporting another loss. Four times now the Fivefold Beast had come through and gulped down the young girl that Zama was paired with. Four times the Fivefold Beast had laughed her cruel laugh and allowed him to flee.

And now he would perhaps have his fifth chance. Or perhaps a fifth girl would die.

Personality

The grudge that he and the Fivefold Beast hold is an old one from before he sought refuge in Sky City. He and the Fivefold came to an agreement: he could taste anything that she had within the confines of her lair and she would be able to call in a favor of him later. As she was a great creature who amassed many treasures and he was a tiny beholderkin what could she ever ask of him? She was totally getting gypped on this deal.

Unfortunately, after sampling a few gems he decided to gulp down a platinum chain. He did not realize it had belonged to the Star Beast and was the only thing keeping him at bay. So the Fivefold beast roared in outrage and attempted to gulp down Zama, but Zama blinked away her advances and fled...

Behold Nothing
Reflection: Superior

A beholder's sight is always a great source of power, even a tiny beholderkin such as Zama can do amazing things with it. The only way he escaped the clutches of the Fivefold Beast was his ability to shut his eye and not only deny the existence of her advances but the sheer power of this denial turning them back on her. Although he was perhaps helped by his recent consumption of the platinum chain, but he has since survived four separate encounters with her... although his companions have most decidedly have not.

Delicious
Disintegration: Standard, Ranged

Zama's tongue is also something of myth. It lolls and flops no matter what he is doing and is always seeking new things to taste. In fact, when assigned to a new companion he takes a quite-literal pound of flesh in order to bond with them. In the field his tongue lashes out to impossible distances, drawing him along it's length until he bites a chunk or two from the target, generally as a distraction and to soften the target up for his Magical Girl to wail on.

Illianadra Molshivek (Tarvius) and Enkonsyan (Opalord)

Stats: All Standard

Illianadra Molshivek

Demons can be quite messy. Seriously, I’ve been sweeping these filthy streets forever and still there’s a trail of icky evilness sticking to the street. Ah well, at least daddy will love me even more for cleaning up after his pets.
What’s wrong? You seem scared friend. What’s that? Well of course, I need to keep them clean; daddy loves his demons to be nice and tidy. Hehehe, yeah you guessed my daddy’s the man downstairs. You probably know him as the big red guy with the fire. Whatevs, you should seem him when he’s making me some ogre smoothies. But like I said, I gotta grab his pets from being all icky around your world. Well that’s my job, and the more cleaner the streets are the more ogre smoothies I get. So quit bothering me ok!?

Personality

Why are you still here? You’re standing in demon doo-doo by the way. What is wrong with you, silly human? Haven’t you ever seen a girl with a fire in her eyes before? I know, I know you probably think I’m too young to be out this late but that doesn’t work when you be chillin’ in the world of eternal damn nation all your life. Eeep…. I swore. Don’t tell daddy… Please?

Slashing Attack: Standard, Seeker, Multi Attack

Sweepity, sweepity, sweepity. I cuts the demon guts with my cleaning powers making the streets sparkle. Its so fabulous and groovy. Wait, what? The earth kids don’t say groovy anymore? But I’ve been wathcing motown hits for like three years now! Oh wait your shoes are dirty mister. SWISH* SWEEP* …. Whoops! OH GEEZ! DUCK MISTER flying sweepy thing on the loose.

Hyper Senses: Superior

You see that demon dirt on your shoes? I bet you didn’t. I can see all the demon guts… all of it all the time!. Like there, there’s some and there’s some and then there’s some over there. And… eww I think this one was siiick. You might not want play outside for awhile mister.

Enkonsyan

The sun was at its apex over the Big Apple, and the afternoon was in full swing in Central Park. The sweet, high pitched chorus of the various avians intermixed with the hippity hoppin jams from the classic boom-box of a street performers crew. Moms with strollers shared the sidewalks with health nuts training with for the upcoming marathon. The countless statues dotted across the park kept their endless vigil over the green sanctuary, staying admirably stoic in the face of bird poop and bored tweens with access to sharpies. And of course, there were the food vendors, hawking various confections from hot dogs to pretzels to tacos to combinations of the three. Burt Hopkins was in search of his personal favorite of these small stands on his lunch break, and as usual had gotten hopelessly lost and ended up buying from whoever he came across as he asked for directions to get out of the park. Walking towards a bench and then around to the back seat of it, he plopped down and began to take a bite out of one of the pretzel burritos he had bought, pleasantly surprised to find it didn’t taste as horrible as he had worried it would. Despite his attempts to the contrary, his mind eventually wandered back to work, and his impending chance at a promotion. He could finally get out of that damn cubicle, move into a corner office with a view and everything. Sure, he’d have to work more hours, and he’d have to travel a lot, but the money was so much more than he was making now, and he’d be getting the recognition he deserved. Sighing, he reached for the second burrito he had bought, and glanced in confusion as he groped the air where it had been sitting next to him. He glanced behind him, gave a small expression of understanding, and turned back around with a shrug. He found himself think about the promotion a bit more. What DID he really want out of this thing? More money? He made good money already; he probably wouldn’t know what to do with more. To get more respect from his peers? He was already on good terms with almost everyone in the office anyways, and in all honesty getting put above them would most likely create more resentment than respect. To get out of the cubicle? To be honest, the more he thought about it, the more he felt like he would miss the damn little thing, almost exactly equidistant from the water cooler, the break room, and the bathroom, with all the pictures of his family… his family. That’s why he was so hesitant to accept. Deep down, he knew that this promotion would take what little time his family with his family away, the time he subconsciously looked forward to every day. He suddenly stood up, confidence flooding his system, and he strode purposely back to his office, told his boss he respectfully declined, and went home and played jenga with his family.

As he lay in bed with his wife, he had the oddest dream. About the burrito he had lost earlier, and how he had shared it with a small purple platypus.

Personality

Enko sighed as he plodded down the path again, jumped up onto the bench again, and sat there again and waited. Just like he did the first Saturday of every month. And he felt pretty confident that he would be leaving the park alone again. Just like he did on the first Saturday of every month. He sighed again and let his head fall backwards onto the bench with a clunk. His eyes closed, and memories washed over him. Of meeting Kayla for the first time in her dreams. Of making the contract. Of spending two years fighting the bad guys, kicking butt and taking names and all that jazz, and all the camaraderie that came with it. And of that last conversation, when she said she didn’t know what she was doing with her life, and that she needed to think about it by herself for a while.

the subconscious mind
Empathy: Standard

Of course, being what he was, HE knew what was going on. Consciously, he was pretty sure she felt that same sense of friendship and happiness he did, which was why she was so confused. Because subconsciously, she resented him to a point just shy of hatred. She had enjoyed her life before Enko had come along, enjoyed the simplicity of it. But she had enjoyed her new life too, all the excitement and feeling of accomplishment. But sometimes those battles kept her out late, and she ate flak from her parents for it. Sometimes those battles happened during school, and her grades started slipping. Sometimes those battles had to drag her away from her friends. And as time went on, Sometimes turned into a lot of the time, a lot of the time turned into most of the time, and most of the time turned into all the time. And while she thought she was enjoying, while she wanted to think she gained happiness through helping others, deep down inside she was SICK of it. Sick of this task taking over her life. Sick of risking that life on a daily basis and not getting any sort of recognition for it. And sick of the smug little platypus that had dragged her into to it. He saw all of this, and, after a while hoping that the situation would magically change for the better, he finally broke down and told her what she was feeling in her subconscious, why she felt so miserable. And so she said the words, that once she was done thinking about it she would come to this park bench on the first Saturday of the month. And she really meant to consciously. Subconsciously, she wanted to move far far away and never get involved with this crap again.
Sometimes, Enko really hated his ability.

Somebody else’s problem
Invisibility: Standard

His stomach awoke him from his daydream state, grumbling like an old dude at Woodstock. Oh, right, he hadn’t eaten yet today. As if on cue, a man walked by and, subconsciously noting the platypus, sat down on the other side of the bench, putting a bag down next to him that gave off the aroma of pretzels and… beans? Intrigued, Enko poked his hand through the bench, reaching into the bag and pulling some sort of… pretzel burrito. Well, better than nothing. Taking a bite out of it (and being pleasantly surprised by its not horrible taste) he glanced over just in time to see the man reach for the second burrito and find nothing there, then glance over at him and subconsciously realize what had happened and turned back around. Feeling somewhat guilty, Enko decided to give the guy’s subconscious a quick run through and see if he could give him a hand with something in return

bring to the forefront
Emotion Control: Standard

Enko snorted as he immediately found the problem, the man’s family a big, glaring glow in the back of the guy’s mind. Hell, it would probably force itself to the surface without Enko’s help. Just to be sure though, he wrapped his mind around the thought and pushed it forward, slowly losing sense of it as it left the back of the man’s mind and became an active part of his thoughts. Enko grinned as the man’s happiness and determination permeated his whole mind front to back, and he gave a satisfied nod as the guy left. “I think he would have accepted a not sucky life in exchange for this” he said with a chuckle and another bite out of the burrito.

As he sat there, he thought more about what he just did. That guy’s happiness, it depended on staying the same. But the more Enko thought about it, the more he thought his happiness was gonna require a change. He glanced up at the sky, looking up to where his home probably was at this time of day. Maybe it was time to give up on Kayla…

Xavier Rogers (Bobisbeast) and Khoohp (NPC)

Stats: Superior Body, Standard Strength, Agility, and Mind

The wind against me, several demonic creatures ,filled to the brim with hate, chase after me, I run. The world I live in now is compeltely different than the one I was in two short, short years ago. I went to school, did homework, the usual. Now my days are filled with monster hunting, and saving the world from threats that almost no one knows about. I am a Magical Boy and this is the world I live in.

I never really volunteered for this job. it was more like I was drafted and sort of went along with it. One completely average night, I was whisked a way to some magical place of dreams, where it seemed that nearly everyone was some small cute animal and had magical powers. I was shortly briefed on how I was suposed to save the world from the evils that no one one knew about, the bumps in the night, that thing in the corner of your eye. They paired me with sime fuzzball that could move faster than I'd seen any grown man run. Oh and did I forget to tell you I recieved powers too? Well anyway, me and partner were sent on our first mission, a simple one at that. We were suposed to capture some kind of Sasquatch, but things soon turned from ok to horrible. The whole thing was a setup. A whole slew of evil creatures was awaiting us. The fight was brutal, but I made. My companion was not so lucky. He was a hero, and he died a hero.

His death fueled my anger and as I ran away from the demonic army, I knew I had to continue killing the beasts that no one knew about. I had to keep trying, no matter what.

Personality

The fight against evil never ends. Most kids my age are worrying about their grades, or if they'll see that new movie. I get to worry about wether I'll protect the world today or if i'll die trying. Every day I think about how my life would be if I hadn't visited the Dreamworld, if I hadn't gotton those powers, but every day I think about the people I've saved. I am one of the Earth's unknown protectors and every day I think about how I know I need to be one of them.

Edritch Energy: Standard,Ranged, Multi Attack

Fast forward to today. I am running, the demons are still chasing me and I know I have to fight back.I turn around, and launch several balls of green crackeling magic towards my enemies. SOme of them miss and some hit. I fire again and again and again, relentlessly. These demon's can't live to see another day. yo kill another person. Soon, all of demons are on the ground, dead. I turn around and continue on my merry way.

Iron Will: Superior

"GRARGH"

The demons get back up. Its there turn to play. I'm completely unaware by there rays of force hurdling towards me. They all hit and I slowly stagger towards the ground, but then I think. Is this my time to die? Is this my time to let one more person pick up the slack?

No.

I quickly get back up, pain surging through out my body, and I turn the heat back on. SPheres of the good old Green energy start flying again. THis time I don't stop when they hit the ground. They all moan in pain, but I don't let up. Shortly they turn to ash, blowing away in the wind. I wipe my hands off. Today's job is done, but tommorow there will be a new challenge, a new foe to face, a new person to save. I hate my job, but it must be done.

Khoohp

No one's really seen Khoohp around much. Like, the past hundred years or so. Those Pets that were around back then recognized him when he hoofed it into Sky City a few weeks ago, showing a little age and more than a healthy dose of world-weariness in his soulful eyes, but they had believed him to be long since lost.

It wasn't that he ventured off on some grand adventure upon which everyone believed him to be dead. No such grandiose tales could be told about Khoohp. One day he was a rookie Pet, and the next he wasn't there.

And now he's back. And he isn't saying who, what, when, where, why, or how.

Personality

"Keep your friends close. Keep your enemies closer. When you have no idea what to think about someone, you better sleep with that person under your pillow." Sky City Proverb That Was Bastardized By Humans

Khoohp didn't object to being immediately "drafted" within days of his return to Sky City. He knew the Council didn't trust him one lick. Some because of the fact that you can't trust anyone that just up and appears after so long, some because they knew exactly where he had been.

That was fine. Khoohp wanted to be as close as possible to the Council as well. Keep them under that pillow and all.

Black Hole Belly
Force Field: Superior

Open wide and jump in, because inside Khoohp's hippopotamus belly is a pocket dimension that'll keep you from getting your rear blasted by the forces of nastiness.

Trust me. It's totally slobber-free.

#35 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:13 AM

*Reads threedark's entry*

......well it was nice knowing you Cat :/.

#36 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

Hobbit

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:11 PM

Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom...

#37 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:48 PM

Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom...

:P

Wait, is that particular omnoming the five-fold beast or zama? I need to react accordingly here. Im not giving up yet...your gonna have to give me a minute before that happens.

#38 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

Hobbit

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:02 PM

Posted Image

#39 Opalord

Opalord

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:12 PM

Did I goof on my sheet or did you just forget to post it?

#40 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:13 PM

Gah! Totally didn't realize I didn't post him. I'll get it up later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users