89 replies to this topic

#1 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:30 AM

Ok. It's that time again. I'm gonna try to get another RP up and going.

The Theme? Magical Girls and Magical Pets.

Yes. That's the theme.

This will take place in the Go Home Club universe, that little pocket of the FPL within which almost all of my stuff takes place. The key difference between the GHCverse and standard FPL "canon" is the fact that everything that is "super," be it magic, monsters, powers, whatever, is all just outside the reach of normal human perception. All secret wars and cover-ups and stuff like that. There's stuff running around, but the Powers That Be manage to keep the general public from realizing the true nature of it all.

Your characters will be magical girls and magical pets fighting the good fight. Half of you will be magical pets. The other half will be magical girls. Or guys. We're just using that as a blanket term.

The Catch? You can't pick which one you'll be. Once we drum up enough interest and we have an EVEN number of participants, we'll sort out who is who. It'll be semi-random. You'll also be paired off into Magical Girl/Pet duos in the process.

Once we get to the character creation, we'll use the standard FPL format. Each girl will get 7 points to spend and each pet will get the same. You'll basically be creating a collaboration character in the process. There'll be a few limitations on what can be bought by each character, but we'll deal with that when we get there. We'll also deal with all of the story ramifications and whatnot once we get to that point as well. So no real details until then.

So yeah, post if you're interested. I know treacherous has another RP starting up as well (Hell, his starting one made me say "HEY! I WANNA DO ONE TOO!"), but this one shouldn't be too intensive. Really, we're just gonna make it up as we go along. This is just to see if there's any interest.

#2 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

Hobbit

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:cacoethes scribendi

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:32 AM

DING Firsties.

#3 Tarvius

Tarvius

Ironwolverorschach Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:01 PM

I wanna play!

#4 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:16 PM

I guess I'm in an RP joinin' mood.

#5 Sir Exal

Sir Exal

Still Here, somehow.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:Promising myself I'll change and then never doing it.

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:27 PM

Obligatory Exal participation.

#6 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:09 PM

Lets do this! Count me in.

#7 Opalord

Opalord

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:57 PM

I'll play

#8 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:01 PM

Pseudo's in.

#9 bobisbeast

bobisbeast

The FPL's favorite CBUBer

• Members
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:40 PM

I'm also joining. This will be my first venture into anything FPL related and I hope to do much more on this side of the EF.

#10 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:41 PM

CLOSED

Will post some additional info later.

#11 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:13 PM

Everyone that's signed up needs to pick a number between ONE and EIGHT.

You CANNOT pick a number that has already been chosen.

This is going to determine whether you're a Pet or a Girl. I know what's what, but you don't. So you get to choose your number, but your fate is not completely in your hands.

#12 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

Hobbit

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:cacoethes scribendi

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:14 PM

#13 bobisbeast

bobisbeast

The FPL's favorite CBUBer

• Members
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:19 PM

#14 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:21 PM

#15 Tarvius

Tarvius

Ironwolverorschach Man

• Members
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:27 PM

#16 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:32 PM

#17 Opalord

Opalord

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:44 PM

#18 Sir Exal

Sir Exal

Still Here, somehow.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:Promising myself I'll change and then never doing it.

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:51 PM

One.

#19 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:04 PM

#20 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:55 PM

Everyone that chose an odd number is a Magical Pet.

Everyone that chose an even number is a Magical Girl.

Also, numeric order determines who you were paired with. 1 and 2 are a pairing. 3 and 4. 5 and 6. 7 and 8.

Therefore, the pairs are as follows:

Sir Exal - Pet
and
Pseudonym - Girl

ThreeDark - Pet
and
KevinDWolf93 - Girl

Opalord - Pet
and
Tarvius - Girl

Darkender - Pet
and
Bobisbeast - Girl

Creation Rules

Magical Girls receive Eight Points to spend on powers and stats.

Magical Pets receive Six Points to spend on powers and stats.

Magical Girls may spend points on Any Powers available to Street-Level characters, but may only spend points or decrease ranks to earn points on Strength and Agility.

Magical Pets may spend points on Any Powers available to Street-Level characters, but may only spend points or decrease ranks to earn points on Body and Mind.

You may NOT converse with your partner about your character. You can't tell them what powers you're taking or about your character's history/personality/etc. This is intentional.

You MAY converse with people with the same role. So, if you're making a Girl you may talk with other people making Girls. Maybe y'all used to be on the same team or something previously. That's totally cool. Or maybe y'all were rivals. That's also totally cool. However you wanna roll. You just can't plan with anyone with the opposing role. Again, this is intentional.

Your character MUST be younger than 16 years old and MUST be older than 10.

Why is this intentional? Your character is an "orphan" if a Girl or a "stray" if a Pet. This means that you lost your previous partner. Maybe they died heroically saving your life. Maybe they turned evil and you refused to join with them. Maybe they just ditched you to live a more normal life. Maybe they're missing and haven't been found. It's all up to you.

Your characters are being re-teamed, but you do not know who your partner is prior to said re-teaming. All eight of you are also being placed into a team together. What the nature of this team is will be determined once I see who does what and so on.

You will write a bio and personality for your character, just as if it was a FPL character. You'll do the same for your powers.

World Info

First thing: Just because I'm calling you "Magical Girls" doesn't mean your character has to be female. That's just an easy name to use for the concept.

"Magical Pet" is a catch-all term for mystical beings that reside in Sky City. Sky City is a small moon orbiting around the Earth that has been mystically-concealed from humanity for eons. It is one of the few places that exists both in the "real world" and inside of the Dreamtime, the spiritual realm from which comes pretty much all of the "supernatural" stuff in the GHCverse. It's part afterlife/part alternate dimension, and is the place that your mind/soul goes to while you sleep. It's funky like that.

The citizens of Sky City, for whatever reason, have taken it upon themselves to act as some sort of protectors of Earth. Mainly because most of the other shit from the Dreamtime is more concerned about controlling and/or planning to invade Earth. Either that or they just don't give a damn what happens to Earth.

The catch is that they can't just run around and use their magical powers out in the open. Even they can't fight the omniscient forces that strive to keep the Dreamtime from being revealed to humanity. So the strange little animals that live up there have to make "contracts" with humans, thus granting them some sort of magical martial powers with which to combat perceived evils.

The catch to that is that said pacts can only be made while in the Dreamtime proper, and the only comfortable way in which to meet with a human being in the Dreamtime is while they sleep. The Pets gotta meet potential Girls in their dreams, and very few adults have dreams vivid enough to be exploited by said Pets.

Basically, kids are easy targets for Pets and don't question what happens in their dreams nearly as easily. That and the fact that once a kid does make a pact they are far less willing to fight it once they realize that their dream was in fact reality. So yeah, kids kinda get forcibly drafted into Magical Girlhood.

Just because you're a Magical Girl doesn't mean you have to be all about frills and healing magic and the sort of stuff you've seen in Sailor Moon or whatever. Magical Girls come in all sorts of flavors. It depends on the Girl in question, since her powers tend to be molded by her personality. Run with the idea.

Pets Do tend to be of the cute Pokemon variety. That's evolution for you. They've evolved into sentient plush animal-looking creatures. You are cute in appearance, but that doesn't mean your attitude has to be cute. Pets come in all sorts of flavors as well. Run with that as well.

Sumbission Stuff

When your character is ready to go, PM IT TO ME. DO NOT send it to your partner. Once I receive both characters in the pair, I will post the character to this thread. That will be the first time you will see what your partner created. If you wish, once your character is posted in this thread, one of you may submit it to the FPL. Y'all work it out as to who gets to do that. Just be sure to give credit where credit's due and list your partner somewhere in the character write-up. Beginning of the Bio'd be nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users