310 replies to this topic

#41 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 04:06 PM

Jamiel also being startled, yelled from the couch. "Ya think?" He turned up his music.

#42 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 10 May 2011 - 04:10 PM

Somewhere within the confines of the Academy, Sgt. Knox and a mysterious figure watched the ongoing antics of the new recruits through hidden cameras...

"Gawdammit! I'm going down there and hurting someone right now! Starting with that living dead girl and working my way down to that littering scumbag Bug (Frat-Man)." Knox roared.

"Settle down Knox. They're kids. Let them be kids for now. They'll soon figure out the big picture." The mysterious figure returned.

"You better f-ing believe they'll figure it out! If I have to shove into their itty bitty shitty brain myself!"

"Heh, we'll see. I think a few of these kids might surprise us. Look how the zombie girl has already united them."

"Dammit, they got beers on my F-ing floor! And if that maggot doesn't stop playing that guitar soon, I'm going to show him what a real sonic boom sounds like."

"Keep that sonic voice to yourself for now. Remember, we are just supposed to observe the R & R...just observe and take notes. We'll address these things later."

"Your damned right we will."

#43 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 04:11 PM

The game was ending; Becki had pretty much ravaged the other team beyond recognition, despite Zach's noobishness. She exited the game to listen to Axl as he grinded on his guitar.

Where are the other girls? I know there were at least two others. I guess they just have a lot of crap to unpack. Either that or Frat-boy bumped into them in the halls and they can't escape. Eh, they'll probably do fine, and if not, less competition for me.

She sat back and enjoyed the music. It was good. Surprisingly good. Guitar hunk was going up in her stock by the second. Until he threw up the devil horns and yelled about how he wanted to rock. He seemed so chill earlier. The 'rocker' thing just struck her as kind of fake.

She looked to either side of her. Two new faces, one with dreads and dj headphones, the other a teenage girl with cheetos stained lips. She barely hears her question over the music; she whispers over the music to not draw in too much attention.

"A little, but rock's supposed to be loud. Sarah, wasn't it? I'm Becki. Nice to meet you. Cute Dog."

#44 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 10 May 2011 - 04:17 PM

Jesus christ, theyre flooding in now. Zach thought to himself. He would wave at the newcomers, before trying to get back to the game...not that he was needed. After it was over, he sat up to go mingle with the newcomers, leaving the controller unoccupied for anyone who wanted to jump in.

"Hey is this everyone?" Zach tried to ask Thorn, though unless he was paying attention(or the music was particularly loud) it was likely he only heard the music.

#45 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 04:24 PM

Sarah looked around and saw Captain Lieutenant scratching against the bottom of one of the bedrooms.

"Ooh, I guess this one's mine then. I'm gonna go see what the rooms look like." Sarah walked over and pushed the door open. The dog walked in first. Sarah gave a quick peek back at her new friends before she disappeared behind the door. Aside from that one with the guitar, she liked them all already.

#46 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:23 PM

((Post pending.))

#47 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:41 PM

Patricia Duke's big day started with a healthy dose of oversleeping. She had been at an all-night "mixer" held by her old buddy Celeste, and she didn't make it back to her pad until 6AM. Granted, this was a Magical Girl party that consisted of far more sweets and coffee than suicidal binge drinking, but they manage to get their rowdiness on in different ways. It all leads to the same day-after malaise, minus the sickening hangover.

So yeah, her report-in time was 10AM sharp. She didn't wake up until well after noon.

Knowing this would happen, she had the ingenious plan to pre-pack all her clothing and niceties.

"Gleep Gleep! Whys I gots ta tote the loot?" Ultragleep moaned as he floated about in front of Patricia and Camera, two massive pink tote bags dangling from his tiny monkey shoulders.

Patricia rolled her eyes. "Because the name of the game was Rock/Paper/Scissors, not Rock/Paper/BANANA!"

"That's gleeping speciesist!" Ultragleep shrieked, spinning around and flailing his arms about. "I busted out two bananas ta represent super-cool scissors that should have gleeping beat your paper!"

"Is it also speciesist when I have chilled monkey brains for dessert tonight?" Patricia glowered as her fists started to crackle.

Ultragleep flung Patricia's luggage to the ground and flew into a series of furious mid-air tumbles. "Bring it on, Homo Suckian!"

"Take it easy there, partners," Camera interjected. Well, attempted to interject, as by the time his slow drawl sounded out the sentence Patricia and Ultragleep had already landed several blows upon one another. But the soothing baritone of their comrade snapped them back to their senses. Temporarily at least.

"To see this perceived injustice solved," Camera continued after the other two gathered themselves, "I propose that it is the duty of the strongest amongst us to, as Gleep so eloquently put it, 'tote the loot.' And who amongst the three of us is the strongest?"

Ultragleep shrieked with joy. "Me! It's gots to totally be me! Banamarangbombs for the win!"

Patricia smirked. "Then it's settled. Ultragleep totes the loot!"

"Woot! I gets ta tote the... WAIT! You gleeping tricked me!"

"Cram it up your ape hole!" Patricia growled in response.

That probably wasn't the most apt response. It doesn't look like our intrepid heroes will be getting to the Sentinels base anytime soon. Perchance some dashing prince or daring princess could come to the aid of these three misfits of justice? Or at least cram them into a taxi and drag them off kicking and screaming?

#48 Sir Exal

Sir Exal

Still Here, somehow.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:Promising myself I'll change and then never doing it.

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:14 PM

"Are you sure you're not just talking to me to put off going out and meeting the others?"

Die muttered something under her breath. As usual, Neph knew her a little too well. "I'll take that as a yes," her boyfriend commented over her cell. "Get out there and introduce yourself."

"Ass," Die replied. "...Okay, fine. Love you."

"Love you, too." and then the tone indicating a hang-up sounded.

Die took a deep breath before exiting. Her room was spartan--her cell, her Singer and her suitcase of clothes (unpacked) was all she brought with her.

It was noisy outside, a guitar blaring out an unfamiliar tune, and other people milling about. She slowly approached the largest group, gathered around a TV. Video games...Die had never played the things. Her parents had gotten her involved in pleasures of a decidedly different type, the kind her body occasionally ached for even now...

And, on the subject, there was the unnerving possibility she'd be recognized, if anyone had been particularly interested with the superhero/supervillain news for...seven to two years ago, Crash, Burn and Die had not been subtle in their work. Sure, she looked a bit different, but still there was the chance. Would anyone trust an ex-infamous mercenary?

Too late now. She had to dive in. Do or...Die.

She approached the group at the sofa. "Who's winning?" she asked, hoping it sounded casual.

#49 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:40 PM

"Are you sure you're not just talking to me to put off going out and meeting the others?"

Die muttered something under her breath. As usual, Neph knew her a little too well. "I'll take that as a yes," her boyfriend commented over her cell. "Get out there and introduce yourself."

"Ass," Die replied. "...Okay, fine. Love you."

"Love you, too." and then the tone indicating a hang-up sounded.

Die took a deep breath before exiting. Her room was spartan--her cell, her Singer and her suitcase of clothes (unpacked) was all she brought with her.

It was noisy outside, a guitar blaring out an unfamiliar tune, and other people milling about. She slowly approached the largest group, gathered around a TV. Video games...Die had never played the things. Her parents had gotten her involved in pleasures of a decidedly different type, the kind her body occasionally ached for even now...

And, on the subject, there was the unnerving possibility she'd be recognized, if anyone had been particularly interested with the superhero/supervillain news for...seven to two years ago, Crash, Burn and Die had not been subtle in their work. Sure, she looked a bit different, but still there was the chance. Would anyone trust an ex-infamous mercenary?

Too late now. She had to dive in. Do or...Die.

She approached the group at the sofa. "Who's winning?" she asked, hoping it sounded casual.

"We were," Becki yells over the guitar, "We were wailing on the Survivors pretty hard. Mostly me, but whatever. It was becoming a joke. What's the point of playing if there's no challenge... Sorry, bad manners. My name's Becki, these are some of the guys, but I think we're still missing two or three. You just missed Sarah something, and the 'Frat-Man'."

#50 Sir Exal

Sir Exal

Still Here, somehow.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:Promising myself I'll change and then never doing it.

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:00 AM

"Becki," she repeated, with a nod. "I'm Die." She said it without thinking, then remembered her 'real' name...but what she had said was...honest.

#51 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:14 AM

"Becki," she repeated, with a nod. "I'm Die." She said it without thinking, then remembered her 'real' name...but what she had said was...honest.

Guess not, Zach thought to himself. Trying to sound polite he waved after Becki introduced herself.

"Im one of the guys!" he yells over the guitar. "Hello...Die was it? Nice to meet you! name's Zach...or Mr. mammoth, whichever you prefer!" he yells, putting his hand out to shake.

#52 Tarvius

Tarvius

Ironwolverorschach Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:47 AM

Piotr could hear the mumblings of new recruits twisting through the screechy guitar wailing through the commons. The sounds bombarded his room and left no room for silence. They were joyful sounds, sounds of exuberance, anticipation... sounds of ignorance. Dancing to a lie, Piotr thought to himself. He had no desire to join the sheeple in their blind revelries of worship to the powers that be. Instead he sat staring blankly at a piss-stained wall, waiting to die.

While the other recruits were whisked away by the saliva filled rants of Knox, Piotr was given the privilege of staying behind and even having his very own jailce--- room. Though he could have easily escaped from his prison; no chains bound him to his bed, and no guards stood watch, Piotr simply sat in bed allowing the last faint traces of cigarette smoke to engulf his brain. Soon enough, they would come for him. Just as they did every night. Then it was time to be the hero, to be the poster boy of the SLJ. For now though, Piotr was content with enjoying a few moments respite from the authority that robbed him of his humanity.

#53 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:02 AM

Die?... like Diana?

She looked over freckled face of the new girl. Her mind raced; she quickly brought up the moment they all stood at attention before Knox. Through furtive glances she had judged all of them; not cruelly really, simply for strategy later on. Zach was a little awkward, not used to this whole situation, Sarah was barely listening and could hardly be bothered.

Knox’s reactions were just as useful as observing the people themselves. He hated Frat-Man, maybe Thorn too for some reason. He probably picked Axl out because he was timid and would scare easier.

Die, if that was her name, made no impression on her, almost as if it was intentional. She seemed like she was trying to hide something behind that casual voice. Maybe. Maybe she was just reading too much into it. It was probably nothing to worry about.

Becki got off her ass and offered her seat to Die. She casually turned off the X-Box so that Axl was the only remaining center of attention. She strutted back to the mess kitchen, knowing no one was watching.

She entered the kitchen, silently creeping through the door, letting in the blaring sounds.

Damn, this is a long song.

She rooted around in the pantries and drawers. There was nothing of interest.

A dull hum came from behind her, the refrigerator. She slyly pulled it open. A large cylindrical mass called out to her like the burning bush of Moses.

A gallon of Neapolitan Ice-Cream and Frat-Man’s keg. This will be a fun night… I wonder if Knox would have a problem with that… eh, they can only hang ya once, right? In fact even if he did, what would be the point?

#54 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:16 AM

DANA, DANA, DUNNNNNNNNNNNNN

The music stopped playing, Axl grinned broadly. "Demolition baby!" He looked around the room. A couple of people seemed to have been listening, but most seemed to have been trying to hold conversations, or do there own thing.

"Ah. Sorry." Ryan placed his guitar down, resting on the amplifier, and unplugged. "Didn't want to be a nuisance."

OOC: Haha, a long song indeed, lasted for as long as I was sleeping.

#55 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:42 AM

Finn was used to crowds, but not like this. All these people, all so different... he wasn't sure exactly how to interact. Normally, he'd just not bother and go back to his room with his "other friends", but that was the easy route. If he was going to be part of a team - a REAL team, like, with OTHER PEOPLE - then he'd need to suck it up and figure it out.

"C'mon Finny," he said to himself, "they're no Southies, but these guys seem ahright."

Sensing the first momentary lull since he had arrived, Finn addressed the group "So guys, what do you's know about the program here? I only know what Knox-y yelled inta my face."

#56 Magnetrex

Magnetrex

Slang for sucks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool and all shooting some b-ball outside of the school.

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:56 AM

"Man what an intense workout," Frat-Man says to himself, "Now I gotta go hit the showers."

As he walks down the hallway and into his room, he takes off his wife beater shirt as it is stained with his sweat. Before he could make his way over to the shower, he notices a group of people talking to one another and over hears one of them.

Sensing the first momentary lull since he had arrived, Finn addressed the group "So guys, what do you's know about the program here? I only know what Knox-y yelled inta my face."

Frat-Man makes his way over to the group as he wipes the sweat off his his face with his towel.

"Yeah I know exactly about this program," Frat-Man replied, "Eleven of us come in and only six can come out. Oh, and the name's Frat-Man by the way. But you guys can call me Mitch...or Mitchell." The muscular student extends out his hand greeting the rest of the group.

#57 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:15 AM

Zach would be waiting for some kind of answer from Die when both the whine of the X-Box and Ryam's msuic cut out all at once. Jesus christ, dont tell me Knox cut the power... was the first thought in Zach's head. A bit scared, Zach began to glance around the room. He's probably watching us, I'll bet he is, he's probably pissed too-...ok calm down Zach. Just relax. Nothing to worry about, now stop being paranoid! Zach muttered, visibly calming down after seeing that both Ryan and Becki stopped fo their own accord. With that false alarm done, Zach turned back to Die.

"So like was saying, what can you do-" Zach would begin to ask Die, when Finn aksed a question to the group. Zach turned to answer, when Frat-Man entered...shritless.

"Yeah, thats pretty much the deal here Finn, unless you wanted to know something more specific." Zach adds simply, ignoring Mitch.

#58 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:31 AM

"Well in that case, I've got a riddle for ya's," said Finn with a smile, "What has 26 thumbs and isn't going to get cut from the prograhm?"

After a brief moment of confused silence, Finn concentrated. In an instant, flashes of light filled the room and when their eyes had readjusted, the others could see a dozen identical copies of Finn standing behind him.

Each smiled broadly and pointed to themselves with their thumbs, answering the riddle in unison: "THIS GUY!"

They then proceeded to high five each other and many props were given with identical fists.

#59 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:52 AM

As the room began to fill up with Finns, Ryan looked on in amazement. "Wow. That's-" he walked toward one of the clones, and extended his hand. "I'm ah, Ryan" he said "What's it like? Like, talking to yourself, seeing yourself, that's - it's different."

Indeed, the situation was like nothing he'd ever seen before. All these people, all one man. He was the most popular man in the world. Or the loneliest.

#60 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:04 AM

One of the duplicate Finns shook Ryan's hand, "It's frickin' wicked."

Another closeby joined in the coversation. "Mint," he affirmed enthusiastically, "we can play 4-playuh Halo Reach togethuh, or watch the B's togethuh..."

"And who wouldn't wanna hang out with more of themselves, amiright," interupted the first duplicate rhetorically, "we all like the same things!"

Now, the momentary noise lapse gave way to a cacophony of chatter as the excitable Finns mulled about the now crowded room in animated discussion - often with other Finns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users