310 replies to this topic

#21 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:55 AM

"What in the name of krispy kreme is this? I heard about always wanting to be close to food but... that's just stupid!"

"Yeah, that guy doesn't seem like he's going to be the brains of the operation. He came in for half a minute, dropped all his crap on the ground, and then ran off to the gym to 'pump his guns', and I really hope he was talking about his muscles."

Becki never bothered to look up as the game was playing. Left 4 Dead is serious business. She was a smoker this time around; she stood high on a roof, shot out her tongue, and grabbed a survivor in a strangle.

"DIE DIE DIE!"

The player dangled in the air strangling for a few seconds until one of his buddies shot her down with a shotgun. Only during the wait screen did she turn back to Trickster.

"I'm Becki, S'up."

#22 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

Hobbit

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:cacoethes scribendi

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:03 AM

"Oh. That's not a long story. At least he knows what he wants, I guess." Thorn laughs and shrugs, taking Zach's hand and giving it a decent pump. "I go by Trickster but the name is Thorn, that's a long story but not one for today. You can call me whatever you want though, I'll answer to just about anything. Within reason."

Without another word Thorn dropped into lotus position in front of the TV to watch Beki lashed out head to hapless head as her online opponents scrambled like the headless chickens they were quickly becoming. In a low whisper to the Undead Girl. "You're really good."

#23 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:23 AM

"Oh. That's not a long story. At least he knows what he wants, I guess." Thorn laughs and shrugs, taking Zach's hand and giving it a decent pump. "I go by Trickster but the name is Thorn, that's a long story but not one for today. You can call me whatever you want though, I'll answer to just about anything. Within reason."

Without another word Thorn dropped into lotus position in front of the TV to watch Beki lashed out head to hapless head as her online opponents scrambled like the headless chickens they were quickly becoming. In a low whisper to the Undead Girl. "You're really good."

"Thanks. I've got some... 'real world experience'. That one actually is a long story. Good one too. Trying to write a screenplay about it; it isn't going well. The short version of which is that this-" she points to her face, "is not make-up. I'm a real zombie, well technically a 'ghoul', but--"

She was sneaking up on one of the humans when he suddenly blew her away. The blood drops in her system were still messing with her a bit so she only slightly overreacted

"Dammit! **** Freaking auto-shot ****! Zach, get on your game!"

#24 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 04:35 AM

Axl moved to his dorm following the initial "introduction". The Sgt had shaken him, and he needed a few minutes to relax. It took several trips to collect all his luggage however - aside from his normal clothes, he carried with him two guitars (one with a bizarre bladed edge) and a large amplifier. His room was quite small, and the amp going to take up far to much space. Dropping all but his normal guitar on the bed, Axl walked into the mess room.

He noted the three fellow recruits talking next to a TV at the other end of the room. He chose not to approach them; he didn't want to seem like he was interrupting and, furthermore, he didn't think they'de want to talk to him. They were kids who wanted to be here to help, and so was Axl. The difference being, his empowerment and subsequent application to the SLJ had been publicised for weeks on national television. To anyone but himself, he was a corporate sellout.

He plugged his amplifier into a plug socket on his side of the room, and then connected his guitar, lowering the volume to a low level so as not to disturb the conversation, and started improvising on his instrument. This was his first chance to really relax in the last few days.

#25 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:04 AM

Finn wandered into the room with a smile on his face. Sure, Knox was going to make their lives hell for the next little while, but this was IT. The Big Time. The SLJ. Real superheroing! Immediately, he wondered how many people in the room could fly.

"How wicked would THAT be? OOO maybe they have capes," he wondered to himself, his thoughts jumping from point to point in sheer excitement. "Whoa - video games!"

Finn rushed over to the group and was immediately struck by the size of the television. "That is one nizza-lookin' TV," he exclaimed aloud, "whatcha playin'?"

#26 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:22 AM

Zach would nod approvingly at Trickster. He would begin to think about questions to ask, when Becki began to speak. He listened with intrest, then she yelled at him for slacking on the game. Scared, he fumbled with the controller, almost dropping it. This is why I hate online gaming... He thinks to himself.

"Sorry, mind wandered." he would apologize, before trying to play. He wasn't doing too well. "Sorry, I suck with these hunter guys..you were saying?" he began to say, when another person let himself be known. Turning to him he would say hi. "Left 4 Dead...wanna jump in? Im Zach by the way..or Mr. mammoth, whi-....yeah." he woudl say, before turning back to the game. He was trying to be polite aboout it, but he didn't want to be yelled at again by Becki.

#27 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:36 AM

"Hey Zach, the names Finn," said the red-haired interloper, "or Flash Mob to bad guys and hoodsies"

Plopping himself down into a chair, Finn continued, "You guys go ahead and finish up. I'm more of a Call of Duty man myself anyhow. Besides," he said, motioning to Zombie Girl, "that girl looks wicked hahd to play against!"

Pointing to Axl on the other side of the room, "What's wit the guy wit the guitah?"

#28 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:00 PM

Becki is fully absorbed in the game as Finn talks.

Did I bring Call of Duty? I think Black Ops is in my bag, but modern warfare is at home. Heh heh, N*zi zombies. Normally I oppose the killing of my brethren, but they're fascist racists, so it's ok. Do N*zi's retain their supremacy ideas once they're undead? Or are they just normal zombies, who were assholes in life?

She notices Finn talking some more, than pointing behind her. Her head whips around on her neck to see the man he indicated.

Well hello Guitar Hunk... I know I've seen him somewhere before now. Looks like the strong, silent, and vaguely unsocial type. Should I go talk to him? Would that be too forward? Maybe if I just invited him over here? Yeah that wouldn't seem too much.

"I don't know who he is," She says to Finn

"Hey Guitar Guy! Bring that stuff over here!"

That's not exactly an invitation, you just yelled at the guy! You can't keep yelling at people, God, it's like orientation week all over again. The other guy doesn't even know you're name yet. Damn, you're bad at this.

#29 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:18 PM

Ryan's head snapped up. He wasn't expecting anyone to talk to him, but he was glad that they had. It meant he wouldn't be butting in. Still, he wasn't certain exactly why he was being called over, so he approached with caution, fumbling with his amplifier a little as he unplugged it from the wall. He walked over to the strange girl in what he took to be make-up, but decided not to mention it.

"Oh, um, Hello." His voice was quiet, but audible. He lifted his hand a little to accompany his word with gesture, and managed a small smile. "I'm Ryan."

#30 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:27 PM

Zach nodded at Finn's introduction, before watching Becki call over the guitarist. Hey the other guy that Knox yelled at...wow were just a magnet for people like that..., he thought to himself. Shrugging he introduced himself, forgetting about the ongoing game once more.

"Hi Ryan. I'm Zach..or Mr. mammoth-...whichever. So, thats a pretty cool guitar. Do your powers revolve around it or do you just play for fun?" Zach asked, trying to buildup a conversation. He would hold up the icicle he had made earleir. He kept in it hands this whole time...for some reason. " I make ice. Also can turn into a giant mammoth...hence the name. Get it?"

#31 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:32 PM

Jamiel slowly stepped into his dorm room as he threw his bags on the floor and turned on the light. He looked around at the plain room and decided that it would do for now. He untied his dreadlocks and shook them free as he unpacked and pocketed his Droid and Touch Ipod. Suddenly he could hear some yelling something about a game. "What they hell is going on?" He said to himself as he put in his head phones and headed toward the yelling. He turned the corner and saw the four others huddled around a large screen. He jumped onto the couch and nodded at the crowd with a smile.

#32 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:34 PM

Ryan's head snapped up. He wasn't expecting anyone to talk to him, but he was glad that they had. It meant he wouldn't be butting in. Still, he wasn't certain exactly why he was being called over, so he approached with caution, fumbling with his amplifier a little as he unplugged it from the wall. He walked over to the strange girl in what he took to be make-up, but decided not to mention it.

"Oh, um, Hello." His voice was quiet, but audible. He lifted his hand a little to accompany his word with gesture, and managed a small smile. "I'm Ryan."

"Becki," she said attempting not to sound nervous. She said it to both Finn and Ryan, but tried keeping eye contact with Ryan as long as possible before it got weird.

#33 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:08 PM

Ryan's smile became a little more natural, and he offered Becki a handshake. Now they'de talked to him, the barrier had been broken and he opened up a little more. No one seemed to know who he was. It was better that way, though surprising. The Demolition's fifteen minutes of fame had came and went, regardless of what PowerPlex executives were trying to force by enlisting him. He turned then to Zach.

"Hello Zach. The guitar is kinda..." He paused for a moment. "Well I bring one on the field with me, but I play because I love it. Music is what I do. Powers are kinda weird. I can move things with my mind." He paused again. "So you control ice and such?"

#34 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:09 PM

Sarah strolled into the common room, motorcycle helmet held in the crook of her arm, with her puppy, Captain Lieutenant trailing behind her.

"Hello all," she shouted to those in the room, "They call me Miss Admiral, and that sweet ride outside is mine. It's nice to meet you." With that she turned to the food table in the corner and went after the Cheetos.

#35 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:26 PM

Jamiel watched the group introduce themselves and play when a girl strolled in with a dog. She waved to all and then promptly headed to the food table. "The girl loves her snacks." Jamiel chuckled to himself quietly as he turned his music down a bit further so he could observe better.

#36 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

Hobbit

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:28 PM

Thorn, after pulling his eyes away from the carnage on the screen, flopped onto his back to get a better look at the others in the room. Waving at Finn and grinning broadly at the sight of Ryan.

"Axl. Friggin. Smaaaaaaaaaaash!" His voice devolving into a rumbling growl. His body melting to shadow and then rippling back into a standing position. Ryan, devoid of some of the makeup that he wore when he was Axl, looked relatively unassuming but Thorn was a Fan. "Oh man I thought that was you, the Guitar proves it! Can you play Blasted Bulwark of the Bloodless Slaves? Or-or Oh! Stygian Undercurrent! I just like the guitar on that one so it should be okay. I mean... I... um."

Thorn noticed the look on Ryan's face and gave a sheepish grin. "Oh, man, I'm sorry. I shouldn't gush. You're here for the same reason as the rest of us and all."

All the while, Jamiel watched. Unsure if he was being ignored. As the Other Becki Sarah walked into the common room, all flaunt and arrogance, Thorn only raised an eyebrow at her entrance.

#37 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:35 PM

Sarah played with a Cheeto between her cherry red lips. Everyone seemed more interested in the screen on the other side of the screen. Slightly put off, Sarah stalked over to stand behind the group and watch what they were.

#38 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:38 PM

Thorns' gushing wasn't anything new, but Ryan wasn't used to it without make-up. This guy must have been a real fan. Ryan wasn't aware those existed anymore. Hell, the guy knew BBBS. Only the REAL fans know BBBS, or that's what everyone kept saying on the Demolition forums. Still, he'd hoped to remain inconspicuous until it was time to get on the field, and this didn't help in that goal.

Oh well. He had to keep up appearances. It was on his contract.

Get into that performance mindset. There is no more Ryan. There is only SMASH.

"Aaaaaaaaahhhhh yeaaah!" The scream was shrill, and loud. The change in volume was stark, to say the least. "Always great to meet a fan, and I'm here to make sure the Sentinels of Liberty and Justice get ROCKED!" Axl's fingers shot up into the 'horns' symbol. "And to start off, I think you've made a great suggestion. Stygian Undercurrent it is, so, my rockin' amigo" Axl put his hand on Thorn's shoulder. "What'll it be? Are you ready to rock?" Axl plugged his amp back into the power source, and set the volume up high.

Christ, what am I doing?

#39 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

Hobbit

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:49 PM

Thorn felt Ryan's mask slipping into place and he almost felt bad for it. The reluctance evident in the pregnant pause before it slipped into place. Thorn's grin wilting into the barest hint of a smirk for a moment before the first few chords of Undercurrent belted out of the amp as Ryan, as Axl, ripped at his Guitar. He was, in fact, a fan. He was a fan of most music, especially the kind that at least attempted to carry on the spirit of storytelling.

And so suddenly the common room went from relaxed enjoyment to a sudden blast of powerful energy. The power of music, no matter what kind. And still, Thorn was unsure how he felt. The elation of meeting Axl, not only that but the potential of working with him rattled him to his core, but he couldn't help but think he'd made a mistake.

Oh well. His grin returned as he turned to the rest of the room, might as well enjoy the moment.

#40 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 04:00 PM

Unsettled by the noise, Sarah walked over to sit near Becki. "S'a bit loud, huh?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users