#301 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:25 PM

An idea hits Becki smack in the face.

"Blood. I don't know the specifics of what kind of blood she uses. Can anyone get to one of her blood packets? Looks like they give her strength."

#302 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:02 PM

Ryan lifted his eyebrow, the phone sill to his ear.

"You're right." He bit into his arm, drawing a little blood, and let it drop into Becki's mouth. "Of course, I'm not going to be able to keep this up. Anyone know where she keeps her blood packs?" He stopped for a moment, then turned back to Sarah. "Any luck with finding magicians?"

#303 Sir Exal

Sir Exal

Still Here, somehow.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:Promising myself I'll change and then never doing it.

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:56 PM

Die had seen numerous comrades die. Maybe more than a hundred. Not to mention she was responsible for many more, including (indirectly, granted) her parents. And yet her racing heart ached, as she tried to remember anything to help the dying girl before here. She placed the eye back in its socket and felt a heave of sorrow when it merely lolled about.

"Revive kills zombie!" Die screamed, then at the queer glance or two she received, continued. "We can't use a healer, 'cause she's being kept alive by negative energy!" Wait, shit, wasn't she a ghoul? Were those the same rules? *vulgarity*! "Is there someone with dark powers or a necromancer in the fight guests or something?"

Meanwhile, Ryan's blood wasn't going to be sufficient. "Move," Die said, and exercising more control than she could ever remember using, ran a finger across the back of her wrist. Blood immediately poured out where there had been skin a moment before. Die winced in pain, but wiggled her fingers. Good. Doesn't feel like she accidentally disintegrated bone, tendon or anything else important. Die determinedly put her bleeding wrist to Becki's mouth.

Would this really work? Wasn't there anything more she could do?

#304 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:59 PM

Merit raced down through the Academy hallways, yelling people out of the way as he zoomed by. At the speeds he was going he could barely make the turns. Stopping for pedestrians wasn't happenning. He screeched to a stop in front of the infirmary. Jumping off the bike he swung the door open as he yelled for somebody, anybody. "Anybody in here?! We need a doctor, or a magician... Somebody!" He sprinted through the infirmary looking for anybody that could help.

#305 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:27 PM

"Becki? Oh god! Becki! Come on, don't lose it, stay with me! Where the hell is Vanguard?" Zach was first on the scene, before the others had shown. Truth be told he was glad that was a fairly small window of time, given he was panicking and trying to recesistate the zombie girl. By then he did his best to plug up any big holes. While Zombie's worked differently in that respect there quite a few bite marks than hoped for. After cleaning and icing the wounds, careful to not screw with her core body temprature(assuming that was vital to zombies) Sarah came up with the idea. It clicked.

"That might work." he mutters, remembering how Becki had gotten a power boost from one of her blood tablets. Making a makeshift spike of ice, he would have cut open a bit of blood with his torso and have rolled on a few droplets with the icicle before stepping aside he lets the others take a whack at it. After Merit goes for a doctor, he suddenly remembered something else. "Uh guys..." Zach stammers as he remembers how strong the pill made her. Strong enough to shatter a perfectly solid ice wall. While he didn't know if what they put in was enough, if it was being this close to "zombie girl" could prove dangerous. It was then it was his turn to get an idea. Motioning for everyone to back away from becki he spoke.

"We may wanna step back, in case instincts take over...and she has all our tastes and scent I guess. Sarah, your a telepath right!? Think you can get in her head and, I dont know, give moral support. Make sure she is still in there and in control. Ask her not to eat us n' such..." Zach says as he makes a riot shield out of the thickest and densest ice he could make...just in case. With his other hand, he took out another icicle(about 16 inches in length and drew even more blood(a copious amount that would make anyone cringe), before closing the wound with an ice patch. Once people got out of the way, he would try to roll it all on her tongue again from a safe distance and behind a barrier. If worst case scenario struck at least their hands wouldn't be right next to her mouth.

#306 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:12 AM

Ryan moved out of the way, as Die was doing a much better job of feeding Zombie girl. Zach joined in also, however he was taking blood from his torso.

Not the best of ideas, but at least he's covering the wound up.

He kept the phone to his ear, awaiting an answer. It had been a while, and Ryan assumed the man at the other end wasn't going to pick up, but things were desperate and he wasn't going to put it down. He set it to loud speaker, and gently put the phone to the floor. He thought for a moment.

Thorn was still sleeping.

If this was the work of the assassins, his life may well be in danger as well. Sarah had left him in favour of Becki. Perhaps understandable, considering Becki was so obviously hurt, but there was no telling how seriously hurt Thorn was as well.

"Sarah!" He yelled. "I need your help. I think Thorn might be in danger too, if you could concentrate on trying to contact him and wake him up, we can deal with Becki if she's blood lusted. And calling for a magic user would be great as well, we need one now. Have you had any luck, any at all?" He lifted the sleeping kitten up, and handed Thorn to the psychic.

Dammit. I wish I knew exactly what to do. I'm pulling at straws here.

At least the team seemed to be united now. There were no arguments brewing, everyone seemed to be concentrating on helping Becki.

Except Zach, who'd retreated. It might be dangerous, but it was a risk they had to take. Ryan moved closer to Becki, and held her hand in his. He was no medic or magician, built for this situation, but he had to do what could. He spoke, softly.

"Come on Becki. I don't know if you can hear me, but if you can I need you to stay with us. I need you to keep fighting. You're Zombie Girl, you can come back from this, you can come back from anything."

He felt stupid. What he was doing felt like something out of a movie. I was probably wrong. But right now he didn't know what else to do. He had to try everything.

#307 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:21 AM

"No, Ryan, Shut up, I think I got someone."

Sarah had managed to probe someone's mind. A Dr Assandra who was a master of necromancy. She sent a quick psychic message.Come, help us. Please. PLEASE.

Sarah felt her feet starting to paralyze. She fell over. "SHIT, MY LEGS, AH DAMN!" Sarah's head slammed into the wall, scrambling her for a while.

Sarah looked down at the adorable yet someone terrifying kitten sleeping in her arms and began to push through the brain. She found something that was strange - something that shouldn't be there, a block of some kind.

"Guys," Sarah announced. "I might be able to fix Thorn, but he could put me out of commission." Sarah pushes all of her Psycho-Disruptory powers to work and sets to removing the disturbance.

#308 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:46 PM

Vanguard had split off from Zach several moments before, searching the Works for the assassin, to no avail.

He entered the area to find most of the trainees gathered around a body... Becki. By the looks of things they were attempting to revive her with blood; he had no idea how her undead thing worked, but he didn't have any better ideas. For a split second he considered calling David or Julia -- two friends of his that happened to be talented Healers -- but decided against it. They would never reach the headquarters in time, and the power of their order didn't extend to aiding the undead in most cases.

Jason flipped the night vision eyepiece upwards and lowered his rifle, moving forward. "What's the situation?" he asked gruffly, moving forward to look over the shoulders of the trainees and down at Becki's motionless body.

#309 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:13 PM

Merit continued his search through the infirmary, kicking down doors untill he finally found an old woman sleeping in a patients room. Merit quietly approached her and tapped her on the shoulder. "Excuse me." She snorted loudly and turned in her chair, placing her sleeping head in her hand. Merit tried again, a bit more aggressive this time. "Excuse me!" The old woman woke from her slumber startled and grabbed the closest thing in her reach for self defense which happenned to be a thermometer. "What do ya want ya hooligan?" "You're a healer right??" Merit asked. "Well of course I am. I've been healing for longer than you've been alive young man." The old woman scoffed.
"Great. We have a situation if you just follow me and see if you can help it'd be appreciated."
"Its my duty as a sentinel to help youmg man! Lead the way!"

Merit led the old woman to the bike and she climbed on behind him, clinging to his midsection. He raced back to Becki with old woman screaming the whole way.

#310 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:30 PM

Time passed and in that time Sentinel Academy closed its doors. With the loss of the corporeal life for Zombie Girl, Sgt. Harvey Knox was forced to close the school. The travesty of the League of Assassins invasion hurt the reputation of the hardened soldier badly. It was released that an actual vigilante was let loose in the training center with a fully automatic weapon. It was released that there were several deaths within the walls. It was released that the actual reason for the attack was still unknown. However, Information had to be withheld, publicity had to be kept to a minimum and many secrets had to be kept. Knox's involvement in the accident was one of these things, because his reputation in the Sentinels was sullied, but his reputation amongst the Khazanian people and the World was legend. His name meant a lot to the Sentinel's public face and it had to be kept that way. He was released from duty with a full pension and 401k. He retired somewhere far away.

Meanwhile, the Sentinels decided not to completely waste the assignment. A lot of money had been invested in the project and they intended on not letting it waste. The powers that be, uncovered Knox's full notes, his recordings and likewise held multiple tests and assessments of the group. They made their decision. The team would be formed. Acting as the first Sentinel street team, Four Members would be chosen under the watchful eye of chosen Sentinel veteran. The team would be under the direct control of the Sentinel General Board of Directors. And so it was, that Thorn, Axl Smash, Flash Mob and Mr. Mammoth would be chosen.

Thorn: The only clear winner of one of Knox's Challenges.
Axl Smash: The human resource. A naturally caring individual who overcame the pressures of his stardom to reveal his true self.
Flash Mob: His quick thinking and tactical know how in battle proved to be the only success story of the Combat Challenge before the shutdown.
Mr. Mammoth: The most active member of the Challenges. Nearly, every recording and every video within the Academy had Mr. Mammoth somewhere within its view. Also the only member that actively took the time to practice and hone his powers in his down time. A true sign of intitiative.

and finally, although her tragic and unfortunate death was unexpected, the Detective Challenge was honorably given to Zombie Girl. Her keen senses of vigilence and urgency led her to the professional assassin that took her life and her unique methods of survellaince were all duly noted by Knox. He spoke highly of her in his logs.

After a somber funeral, the recruits of the Sentinel Academy bid their farewells and left to report to their new duty as Fully Fledged Sentinels. Moments later after all had departed, the dirt six feet above the grave of the being known as Zombie Girl stirred...

The Beginning

Stay tuned folks. This is not the end. So the team has been picked, but a veteran Sentinel leader must be chosen. That can only mean one thing: WRITING CHALLENGE TOURNAMENT!!! That's right. I am going to soon create a thread to see who can create the best idea for Sentinel liason for the team. This will be an open to everyone tournament. Just like the Fighting Tournament Ivan had way back in the beginning of the new site. The contestants will go head to head against each other and you all will determine the winners in a good old fashion vote. This character can be whatever or whoever you want it be, but more to that later. Feel free to discuss this and all that's transpired further in the OOC boards.

#311 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:08 PM

After the funeral, Sarah rode Clyde away. No one on the team saw her again for a while.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users