• Please log in to reply
310 replies to this topic

#281 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:30 AM

Vanguard shrugged slightly, eyes still on the surroundings. "You'd have to ask him," he replied simply.

"You have any idea if we're close?"

"I think I'll pass on that." Zach says, about Knox. As Vanguard asks if they get closer, Zach begins to pick up the pace down a hallway.

"Definitely."

#282 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:32 PM

Vanguard didn't reply, merely nodding his head as he scanned the corridor with his rifle.

#283 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:03 PM

Ryan grinned, slightly. As they moved down the corridor, Ryan thought he could see someone lay outside of the door to the Battle Room. He stopped suddenly.

"Wait a minute. Is that Sarah?"

#284 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:56 PM

Sarah blinked. Yes, motor control was definitely returning. Sarah blinked again twice, both times on purpose.

With elation and hope, Sarah did the rounds. Wiggle your toes - no response. Move your fingers - nothing. Frustrated, Sarah stuck her bottom lip out in a pout. Success. It worked.

"OH MY GOD I CAN TALK AGAIN!" She shouted. Ryan was approaching, she needed someone to share her discoveries with.

"Ryan, Ryan! Come come come come lissen to me. All right, so, a slight psychic overextension caused a massive backlash which I will call a "psychic rebound" which managed to cripple my defenses and leave me immobile at the same time. During the psychic rebound I - and in fact, I'd imagine, anyone in the throes of one - became totally vulnerable to any psychic attacks. Heck, it's only now that I'm getting any of my walls up - and they only feel about half as strong as before." Sarah paused for a minute and noticed Ryan looked puzzled.

"Hmm, disorganized talking, hmm Lessee." Sarah took a deep breath to begin her list.

"One, Psychic Overextension means Psychic rebound.
Two, Mental Defense hindered during psychic rebound.
And three, since all motor skill of my head has returned I assume after a psychic rebound, the muscles closest to the brain are unparalyzed first." Sarah stopped talking and began nodding up and down like her head was on a yo-yo. One careless flick of the muscles bumped her head into the walls. She grimaced in pain before smiling up at Ryan. "My neck works again! Oh man, how good it feels to talk again. I did so much thinking in the last hour. So much thinking." Sarah stopped again, this time more suddenly and urgently. He eyes flew open wide.

"BECKI! BECKI'S IN TROUBLE!"

#285 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:32 PM

Ryan ignored most of Sarah' chatter. How her powers work, or why she was on the floor, didn't matter to him. What mattered was getting Thorn back from... whatever had happened to him. But then she said something else. His eyes widened.

"What?" This was serious. He knew she was missing, and this was exactly why he was trying to pull everyone together. "We need to help her." He gently lifted the sleeping kitten from his shoulder, and placed him in front of Sarah's face. "First thing's first though. If you can help us get Thorn back up and running again, we can make a plan of action."

#286 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:45 PM

"Yes, Becki. She's in the vents. Go"

Sarah turns her attention to the shadow kitty sitting in her lap looking intently up at her. She could still see some of the intelligence in his eyes.

"All right kitty, who did this to you." Sarah telepathically probed the small cat.

#287 Sir Exal

Sir Exal

Still Here, somehow.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:Promising myself I'll change and then never doing it.

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:16 PM

Die shook the feeling she was being ignored the second Sarah yelled Becki was in trouble. These kids didn't know who they were dealing with--the League of Assassins were 57 varieties of trouble. Die had fought alongside Unicorn Boy, she knew what they were capable of.

The instant she heard where Becki was, Die took off, but not before yelling to Sarah and Ryan to call backup. Her hands hummed in preparation. She could dimly remember how the vents were--the Works! That's where she needed to go! Die ran through the halls, hoping she wouldn't be too late.

#288 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:26 PM

Vanguard didn't reply, merely nodding his head as he scanned the corridor with his rifle.

"Here we are...the works." Zach mutters, before kicking down the door and entering. He began to frantically search the area for Becki. "Keep close, Vanguard, who knows what else is in here."

#289 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:39 PM

Wrapping up my portion of the RP's story with this post. The short of it: Y'all weren't able to find all of the culprits before they made their escape. Whether they accomplished their goals or not, you're unsure.

Anyone that makes their way back to the admin area will find the receptionist and the handful of other employees dead. One member of the administrative team, an accountant, is unaccounted for.

Anyone that examines the cookies will find high traces of radioactive particles. A bite or two will just knock out someone with some mild sickness, but extensive ingesting of the particles will result in death. Once autopsies are performed on the dead admin members, it'll be revealed that this was the cause of their deaths.

Patty and Camera are found outside the compound wandering around in a daze. After gathering their senses, they recount their story:

"Man, it was totally bonkers. This cat and this dude busted into our room. Except instead of busting they just telepoted in or something. They were all 'You will do nicely, little pretty, we'll be taking your place' and sneered at us or something like that. Don't remember what they said exactly.

"And this is where it got all trippy and junk. The dude starts flipping out, holding his head and stuff. Then his face gets all wonked out and he starts to look just like me. Dude was crossdressing right before my eyes. Grody! So I tried to be all hero-like and everything, but for some reason my mad skills weren't working. It was like as they dude was turning into me, I was becoming less me than I usually am or something. Dude was stealing ME!

"And the cat was doing it, too. It was all 'ahahaha I am a squirtle ahahaha!' That was his actual line. I totally remember that one. And so Camera was totally out of it too and couldn't do anything.

"But those bad dudes must not have expected me to have TWO magical pets, so Ultragleep was able to do something while we were all zonked out. By this time, I was totally out of powers and the nega-Me was trying to make a break for it. Ultragleep tossed his bananas at the dude while he was phasing through the wall. Dude's powers must not have been all that, because the bombs knocked him out of his phasing stuff and he got cut in half. Dang that was gross.

"But poor Ultragleep. He was so brave to bust out his keen moves like that to save us. He never saw that darn cat coming. The thing used Camera's turtle beam on Ultragleep and blew him to little monkey bits. I'd be totally sad right now, but I'm still high on that cat's magical catnip sleepy dust. I'm doing everything I can do to keep from laughing hysterically right now, man.

"So the cat was all 'ahahaha it was beauty killed the beast ahahaha' and then zapped Camera and I with it's sleepiness. Next thing I see, Camera and I are in some dark, dank room, so I grabbed Camera and blindly phased about until I saw light. And BAM! we were outside and you dudes found us.

"And I think I need a nap."

Patty and Camera are currently recovering in the compound infirmary. They won't be participating in the combat challenge.

#290 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:22 PM

A beeping comes from the control panel below Knox. It is then followed by a loud alarm. Knox freezes and then picks up the phone. Minutes later, "DammitDammitDammit!" He growls. Knox's thunderous voice can be heard even in the B.A.T.T.L.E.room below. Master Ten immediately breaks off the fight below and looks towards the window where Knox is overlooking. Merit and Frat Man pause as well in confusion as the alarms blare. "We're going to need to return to this later fellas. Looks like we have an emergency." You three, meet me down below. We've got work to do. With the order, the two recruits and Ten exit quickly to the corridor below. They wait seconds and are met by Knox. Immediately, he addresses the group. "Ten take these two and find the others. From what I've seen on the security monitors, they're in big trouble." He says. "May I please have some form of explanation, we were in the middle of..." Ten began, but was cut off by a hostile Knox. "Security called and It's a Class A cluster*vulgarity* Ten! That's what it is. There are assassins in my building...some damn cat. Half the administrative office is dead. They've found Pastel and Camera somewhere in the compound bound and gagged. I tried to let them handle it. Lord knows I tried. This whole mission has been absolutely screwed by a bunch of two bit assassins right under my nose! What the *vulgarity* do they want with this place Ten?" Ten looks confused. "I assure you, I do not know." He replies. "Of course you don't know...It's FUBAR! Nobody knows. But, we are going to get to the bottom of this before anymore lives are lost. Now go quickly, the kids may need you Ten."

"Right." Ten turns and looks to Merit and Frat Man, "Go!" He yells.

"Ten!" Knox booms before they are gone. Ten turns his head. "If you find any of those assassins are still here, give them hell and save some for me." Ten grins and leaves.

With that, Knox heads towards his security personnel in the compound infirmary who are holding Pastel and Camera waiting for orders.

#291 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:01 PM

Bump. Assume that a few minutes later, Ten has arrived with Merit and Frat Man with the others who are on the verge of bursting in on Beckie and the Cat in the ventilation shaft. Knox is getting the information stated above from Pastel and we will hold for another Update from the Main Character...perhaps.

#292 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:36 PM

"I could say the same to you," Vanguard mutters, noticing the low-light conditions. He flipped the helmet-mounted night vision monocle down before raising the AR-15, activating the infrared laser that would be invisible to anyone not wearing night-vision goggles.

The surrounding area was illuminated with an eerie green glow -- Jace was used to using night vision after all this time, but it was easy to get overwhelmed. He and Zach had a lot of area to clear and little time to do it...

#293 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:59 PM

Whenever the kiddies get to Becki:

Neko will be long gone, vanished back into the evil aether that birthed him.

Beck is "alive," but not for much longer. Whatever forces that are keeping her undead are dwindling.

There is a chance that she can be saved. The catch is that you need to figure it out.

This will play similarly to my Sky City RP. As a group, you need to brainstorm a means to save Becki. It needs to be something that can be performed relatively soon, since she doesn't have much time. Yeah, she's a zombie, but that doesn't mean her soul/spirit/mind will still be the same if she's just revived at a later date. To guarantee that she'll be completely intact, you gotta pull this off NOW.

You have until 6PM Central Time Monday to discuss this.

Becki has little say in this. She doesn't have much strength left to talk. To put the pressure on the others, Deojuto shouldn't participate in the discussion, either ICly or OOCly. This could determine whether someone gets a role on the team, so it should be up to the others to pull this off.

Once a conclusion has been made, much like Sky City, I will "judge" your actions. I will then make a die roll. This die roll will be performed in the FPL chat room, so there will be witnesses. So I won't be deliberately screwing anyone over by fudging the die roll. Don't blame me if Becki dies, blame yourself or God.

SO GET TO SAVING!

#294 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:33 PM

Merit bursted into the room behind Ten and found the rest of the group speechless, surrounding a fallen Becki. Everybody seemed at a lost. Jamiel scanned the room for Thorn, the leader of the group, hoping he would step forward with a solution but he wasn't there. What do we do now? Merit said to himself. He stepped forward. "Well we shouldn't just leave her here! Let's get her to the infirmary or something." He figured the infimary would know what to do once they got there.

#295 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:05 PM

This was completely unexpected. Yes, Becki had gone missing, but Ryan wasn't prepared for this. He'd been concerned with bringing everyone together, trying to find safety in numbers and work a plan from there, but that just wasn't fast enough.

He'd been eliminated from he Leadership Challenge in round one.

He'd failed to defeat a man with a gun.

And now, he'd failed to stop a bunch of psychopaths from killing an entire section of the staff, and from seriously injuring one of the brightest stars in the entire group.

People had gotten hurt. People had died. And he was in the middle of it, just because of some stupid record label and some stupid publicity stunt. It was beyond trying to prove his worth now. People were dead, no two ways around it. It was serious, and it was about helping Becki. She had been badly damaged, and Ryan moved in as close as he could to try and inspect the wounds.

If he couldn't help her now, she was done for.

Merit spoke up.

"I'm not sure that's a good idea." Ryan said. "She's not fully human anymore." This was clear now. Morbid as it was, her injuries were not those a human could sustain and survive. It definitely wasn't make up. "If anything, we're going to need magic. We're in the middle of a Sentinel run compound. There are going to be magic users around and we're going to need them." He turned to the recovering psychic "Sarah, please send out a psychic distress call. Now. It's quicker than sending anyone physically. We need magic users. Once you make contact, turn your attention to Becki. See if her mind is still active in there, and do your best to calm her down, wake her up, or anything else you can do." He turned back to the others. "Meanwhile, her body is still human, if not technically alive anymore. We've all seen her pull her own body apart at will. We put it back together, starting with that eye" He turned to Die "and anything else you've got. Then we see if we can treat her wounds." He turned again. "Merit and Mammoth, I want you two using your control over temperature to try and keep her body heat stable if you can. If you can't do it without freezing her or burning her, don't risk it, we don't want to do more damage." He stood up, and moved back, so everyone was in his view. "Come on guys. Now!"

#296 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:29 PM

Sarah limps in to see Becki, injured, bleeding, dying.

"Shit, shit, shit. Uh" Synapses fired. Ideas flew about in her head from one place to another. Sarah maroon had something of a plan.

"I'll monitor her brain, see whether it is damaged or not," she announces to the gathered Sentinels in Training

Sarah slipped her hand into Becki's pocket and pulled out a cellphone. The Most Recent Calls said "Doc". Sarah assumed that was her creator/father/doctor.

"Hello? yeah, we have a problem. Becki's halfway to re-dead and we have to make sure she doesn't finish the trip. Talk fast, sir. Your daughter is dying."

Sarah then waited for a response. While the doctor spoke, Becki tried to reach out psychicly and establish a mental link with anyone in the Sentinel facility who might be able to help.

#297 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:42 PM

Who crowned him the new leader? Merit questioned in his head. He knew it was good he was stepping up to the plate with Thorn gone and all but he wasn't sure if his plan was sound. It would be quicker to take Becki to the infirmary instead of waiting around hoping someone would find us and help. We didn't know how much time we were working with. "I'm sure they have all sorts of healing methods at the infirmary man. It's reallly better than staying here and hoping someone shows up. We don't have much time."

#298 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:10 PM

Ryan looked to Sarah. Checking the phone was rather smart, and he's glad she did, but he didn't want her attention divided. "Mind giving that to someone else? You can pay more attention to using your mental powers then. We need to be focused, one hundred percent."

He turned to Merit. "Moving a body this badly injured is dangerous enough. And a normal infirmary is unlikely to be able to help a body that's already dead." He turned back to Becki, and looked at her wounds again, trying to figure out if e could use his telekinesis at all to help stitch her together. "Magic's what we want, though if you can get any normal doctors or whatever to come here as well and see what they can do, then that's a good idea. Meanwhile,we do what we can."

It was obvious that Merit had taken offence to Ryan trying to take control of the situation, but there was no time for arguments, this needed to be done quickly. "I'm not looking for an argument or anything. I'm just trying to help her as best I can as quickly as possible. I know you're doing he same."

#299 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:20 PM

Sarah shrugged and tossed Ryan the cell. After another moment of thought, she whistled. Her motorcycle meandered it's way into the room.

"Who's riding? Someone needs to go get help. Merit. Infirmary. Go. Shit, I hope they're not all dead."

Sarah knelt beside the body and placed her hands on Becki's temples. With a deep breath, she began to focus. The brain signal was weak.

#300 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:24 PM

"Of course." He replied to Ryan. "Since I'm not sure if I can control somebody's body heat I'll make myself useful and find a doctor to see if they can do anything. I'll be back as soon as possible."

The bike rode up. He jumped on and revved up. "Me too."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users