treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:28 PM

"ATTEEEEEN HUT!!"

The sound of Sgt. Knox's grating voice echoes throughout the spacious Sentinel training facility. His voice, a thunderous boom within the empty walls of the facility; likewise the reverberation sends a tremor about the walls. Immediately upon his command, eleven hopefuls come running to arrange a single file formation before him. Upon its creation, Knox growls and gnashes his teeth. “What do you mangy dogs think this is!?!” He explodes without warning. Several of the recruits nearly jump out of their skins at the explosive sound of his voice. “This. Is. The. B.A.T.T.L.E. (Beginner and Apprentice Training and Tryout Labyrinthine Expansion) Room!” He continues loudly. Someone within the formation snickers nearly inaudibly, possibly at the name. Not inaudibly enough unfortunately. Knox’s ear perks up as he rears his head towards the name badge of unlucky recruit: Frat-Man. “WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION PUNK?” Knox screams in the recruit’s ear. The force of the superhuman blast sends Frat-Man slamming into a nearby wall. He groans, slumping to the floor. “From now on, your name is Bug. Now, where was I?” He roars not expecting a reply. “Within B.A.T.T.L.E.room, there is no socializing, no “hanging out” and no “chillin” or whatever the hell you maggots think you were doing before I came in. In the B.A.T.T.L.E.room, there is battle and there is me. You will learn to hate both. I will personally see to that. Maybe just maybe, if you all hate me and this facility enough, I can squeeze some form of unity out of you.” He looks around at the odd array of tryouts, “…But I highly doubt it.” He mutters.

“The Brass seems to think I can make something out of nothing with you scuzzbuckets. Well, that remains to be seen. I can make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t, but you space cases don’t look like your worth two bits of sh!t. Your job here is to prove me wrong!” The sergeant glares hard at the multitude of hero wannabes. He sniffs one by the codename of Trickster. “You stink of sh!t boy!” The young man tries to speak, but is immediately cut off, “You will only speak when spoken to and even then I might not want to hear you.” He looks to another recruit. The kid stands at six foot one, but still only comes up to the nose of the sergeant. “What’s your name maggot?”

“Axl sir!”

“Bullsh!t.” The sergeant screams back. He grabs the young man by the collar and nearly lifts him completely from the ground. “From now on your name is Bubblegum britches. You got that?”

“Sir, yes sir!”

“I can’t hear you!”

“Sir, yes sir!”

“No matter who you are, you have completed the paperwork to be tryouts at the newly formed Sentinel Academy. You now belong to me.” A gruesome smile forms on Sgt. Knox’s haggard face. It is a smile that does not belong. “Luckily for you, the suits and collars upstairs believe you scumbags need a place to hide when I’m done with you.” He says. “Make the best of it. You’re going to need every bit of Rest and Relaxation they give you, because you won’t get it here.” Knox pushes through several of the recruits and makes his way to one of the neighboring flat walls. He voices a command, “R & R…” and a door opens where there was no door. “At the end of each session, you will exit using the command: R& R. This will take you back to your dormitories. Within your rooms, there are maps to the various sections of the Academy. You will have access to the Fitness center, The Mess hall, the showers and your rooms. That is it!” If you go anywhere else, you will be strictly punished up to expulsion.” Knox eyes Frat-Man across the room, Frat-Man smacks the cobwebs from his head and rises to his feet. “Within the walls of the Academy, you may encounter actual Sentinels of Liberty and Justice. Please try not to drool on them. If at all possible, stay away from them. If they decide to deem you worthy to talk to, YOU BETTER DAMN WELL LISTEN!” He screams in the direction of Frat-Man, once again sending Frat-Man into the wall. He begins to look wearily at the rest of the recruits’ one at a time. He huffs and snorts contemptuously. “That is all. Get your “rest” now maggots, because come tomorrow your asses are mine.”

R & R rules

This is Rest. Go to your dorms, unpack, work out, eat or whatever it is your character does to relax in between challenges. This is where you can free roam RP and your characters can get to know each other. This will be a chance to establish your characters personalities. If you have any questions regarding this section, please ask them on the OOC thread.

#2 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:00 PM

Still in the line-up at a mock attendance, Zach would be trembling in his hoodie, doing his best to look like he wasn't completely scared shitless. Great. Its just like gym...only with superpowers, Zach thinks silently though any facial features that would show his discouragment would be hidden by the sunglasses/balaclava/hood combo he wore to conceal his identity in lieu of a proper mask. He glanced around at the rest of his teammates to gauge them though he would stand where he was, perfectly still, not wanting to make the first move and any possible mistakes that went along with it. However he would eventually head through the R&R room and straight to the mess hall. There, he took off the head-gear as he gasped for air.

"Jesus christ thats hot." he mutters to himself as he gasps for air in the middle of the room.

#3 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:06 PM

Becki had always traveled light. Granted, for her 'light' was a term under individual meaning. She had with her a few dozen books, a desk lamp, a ergonomic chair that supports a body with as many intricacies as her own, and a 60 inch flat-screen with high definition and her X-box.

She was in the mess hall hanging it up against a wall holder. She had popped a drop of blood earlier making the TV as difficult to handle as the cardboard box it came in. She was sure the sarge wouldn't mind her little addition to the mess hall; what could he do, call her a mean name? She already went by Zombie girl.

She lies the TV against the wall holder; she can't tell if its straight from her angle, but can't quite put it down quite yet.

"Hey, anybody else in here yet?"

#4 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:10 PM

Becki had always traveled light. Granted, for her 'light' was a term under individual meaning. She had with her a few dozen books, a desk lamp, a ergonomic chair that supports a body with as many intricacies as her own, and a 60 inch flat-screen with high definition and her X-box.

She was in the mess hall hanging it up against a wall holder. She had popped a drop of blood earlier and the TV was as difficult to handle as the cardboard box it came in. She was sure the sarge wouldn't mind her little addition to the mess hall; what could he do, call her a mean name.

She lies the support for the TV against the wall holder; she can't tell if its straight from her angle, but can't quite put it down quite yet.

"Hey, anybody else in here yet?"

"Just me I think..." Zach would call over to the girl who asked aloud. Looking at what she was doing, he raised an eyebrow.

"What are you doing?" he asked reflexively, though he would shake his head. "Sorry where are my manners." he says as he holds his hand out to shake. "I'm. Uh...you wanna use hero names or real names?" he'd ask sheepishly.

#5 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:20 PM

Becki looked back to the guy in the hoodie. He held out her hand to shake while hers were still holding up the widescreen. She moves her left hand into a balanced position where it can hold up the entire TV. She then rotates her right arm 180 degrees sideways in a humanly impossible move to grip his outstretched hand. Her head spins backwards to look him in the eye.

"My name's Becki, but I go by Zombie-Girl. Really creative right...Does this look straight to you?"

She nods back to the TV.

#6 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:25 PM

Becki looked back to the guy in the hoodie. He held out her hand to shake while hers were still holding up the widescreen. She moves her left hand into a balanced position where it can hold up the entire TV. She then rotates her right arm 180 degrees sideways in a humanly impossible move to grip his outstretched hand. Her head spins backwards to look him in the eye.

"My name's Becki, but I go by Zombie-Girl. Really creative right...Does this look straight to you?"

She nods back to the TV.

Zach couldn't help but stare and be a bit suprised at Becki's reenacment of The Exorcist. However upon being told her nickname was "zombie-girl" he would give an expression as if he had just gotten a joke's punchline several seconds after it had been said. Shrugging he nodded as he shook Becki's hand. Well she seems nice, he thinks before replying

"The name explains alot really. It's nice to meet you Becki, I'm Zach, but my hero name is Mr. Mammoth...its a long story. Anyways the TV looks good, but why exactly are you putting it up here?"

#7 Magnetrex

Magnetrex

Slang for sucks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool and all shooting some b-ball outside of the school.

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:32 PM

"F#ckin' old man Sarge," Frat-Man says interupting the two, "Thinks I can't pay attention and follow through? Sheeiit, I was born to follow orders."

The Frat-Man begins to prop up a pair of duffel bags, onto his bed, as he takes out his personal belongings. Among them are two empty pony kegs, a six pack of beer, and a worn out journal. He looks over to the two and makes his way over greeting them.

"Sup guys, the name's Frat-Man. Alter-ego name, Mitchell or Mitch. Whichever you prefer, it's all good."

#8 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:32 PM

"Eh, my room's too small; this way everyone can use it. Really wish we had a living room, but I can probably rearrange half the stuff in here to make it like lounge."

She rotates her arm back and snaps the locks on the support so that the TV won't fall. She steps back and looks at it, It was nearly perfect... 3 degrees off kilter. She obsessively nudges it to get it perfect.

Her head rotates back around. She starts unpacking the X-box and hooking it up. That was the real reason she put it up in the mess room... so she could kick ass publicly and all would know.

She looks to Frat-man.

"Sup, I'm Becki."

#9 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:37 PM

Zach would have nodded at Becki.

"Cool." he would say in regards to he rmaking this place a mini-lounge. She then would begin to say somethign else when the one that Knox chewed out interrupted. He would wave, before speaking.

" Hi Mitch. Im Zach. Or Mr. Mammoth, whichever you want to use. Im cool with it." he would reply. After some silence, he would speak once more. "So, uh...things look like they're gonna heat up, right? What can you guys do n stuff? Powerwise and all that jazz..."

#10 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:43 PM

"Nigh indestructibility, or at least the ability to ignore getting beat to hell. Super-strength when I get blood-frenzied. Unstoppable and indestructible... that and a pre-med understanding of medicine. And the claws. And the... I guess you'd call it discombobulation. I show you later, it's a little gross."

#11 Magnetrex

Magnetrex

Slang for sucks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool and all shooting some b-ball outside of the school.

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:55 PM

"I think that sounds awesome," Frat-Man replied, "Mine's more of a blessing of the astral deity called Herbie. He gave me extra strength and endurance (which is awesome), seeing things that shouldn't be there, a loud voice for saying the word 'What what' twice, and for getting extra angry whenever I can't find the beer. Also, I carry two pony kegs with me to wail on the douche bags. I call it the 'Kegs of Justice.'"

#12 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:05 PM

"I think that sounds awesome," Frat-Man replied, "Mine's more of a blessing of the astral deity called Herbie. He gave extra strength and endurance (which is awesome), seeing things that shouldn't be there, a loud voice for saying the word 'What what' twice, and for getting extra angry whenever I can't find the beer. Also, I carry two pony kegs with me to wail on the douche bags. I call it the 'Kegs of Justice.'"

Becki looked back at the unshaven frat-boy and tried to nod politely. Not saying anything.

It had to be a bro. I hate bros...

#13 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:10 PM

"Wow, thats cool." Zach would say towards Becki. "Getting that way mustve been some trip, huh? Pleasure to meet you though, I hope we work together." he said, before looking at Frat-man. His power description sounded more like the after-effects of someone who spent too much time at a bar. Sounds more like Budweiser, the astral god of illusions and hangovers payed you a visit...still,he must have something up his sleeve if he's here. Zach thought to himself. He would give Mitch a thumbs up. "Cool stuff, bro." he said. Clearing his throat he would give his story.

"Well as for me, I ended up absorbing the essence of some primal god of ice, goes by Cryodon. Uh, he is kinda sharing my body and mind and he gave me control of over ice and the ability to turn into a giant bipedal mammoth...hence Mr. Mammoth..as my name. n stuff. So yeah, he kinda mentors me and I can do all that cool stuff, so long as I devote myself to fighting crime and all that jazz. Which is why Im kinda here" he would say non-chalantly before waiting a second to think about how weird that sounded. To show he wasn't crazy, he would form a small icicle in his hand. "Heh, see?

#14 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:26 PM

"Neat." She says looking at the icicle.

She doesn't bother answering Zach on how she got her powers. It wasn't personal but she didn't want to have to explain it more than once, she'd wait till they were all together. Becki scans the room. It was still just the three of them.

Everyone else must still be unpacking. I wonder where all the girls are at?... Also, what happened to the hunk with the guitar? Or the tall pink haired girl in the sweet sunglasses? Oh well, these guys seem allright. Now...what do bros like to do?

"So...you guys ever play Left 4 Dead?"

#15 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:51 PM

"Neat." She says looking at the icicle.

She doesn't bother answering Zach on how she got her powers. It wasn't personal but she didn't want to have to explain it more than once, she'd wait till they were all together. Becki scans the room. It was still just the three of them.

Everyone else must still be unpacking. I wonder where all the girls are at?... Also, what happened to the hunk with the guitar? Or the tall pink haired girl in the sweet sunglasses? Oh well, these guys seem allright. Now...what do bros like to do?

"So...you guys ever play Left 4 Dead?"

"Uh, a few times. Never really done co-op, but I'm not half bad at shooters." Zach would say. He was contemplating about commenting on the irony of someone who went by Zombie-girl and had powers that mimicked that of a zombie playing Left 4 dead. Seeing as how he had just met her, he decided he could me more tact than that. "Uh, you want to go a round? Trust-building skills." he would say with a smile.

#16 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:58 PM

"Sure. It'll be awhile before everyone's done packing up anyway. I'm sure eventually they'll all crawl out."

She turned on the game and selected online versus. She would have gone with Halo, but L4D was more co-op oriented and it might help not to show off how awesome she was on the first day. The selection screen pulled up.

"Ok, we're zombies this round. Attack the humans. Pick them apart one by one... leave no survivors. Mwahahaha..."

#17 Magnetrex

Magnetrex

Slang for sucks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:15 PM

"L4D? Awesome," Frat-Man exclaimed, "As much as I wouldn't mind sticking around, I gotta go hit the Sentinel's gym. These guns aren't gonna get pumped themselves. WHAT WHAT?"

He heads out of Becki's room, changes into his workout clothes, picks up his journal, and begins to walk into the gym training himself for the first upcoming challenge.

#18 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:02 AM

"Ahm, Mitch..." Zach would call back at Frat-man as Becki made a very evil-sounding laugh. Despite the uneasiness he decided that it would be rude to erect an ice-wall between the two for safety this soon after having met her. On the other hand, a zombie playing Left 4 Dead certainly made sense now.

"Alright, one or two rounds then I should set-up my dorm." Zach said, ignoring any other oddness she might have given off. He wasnt exactly one free of akwardness. "So why did you want to join the SLJ?" he asked in between attacks.

#19 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

Hobbit

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:cacoethes scribendi

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:10 AM

What looked like a large dog made of shadows barreled through the doors of the mess hall at a full run. Sliding to a stop just inside as it's almost liquid shape warped and rippled up into the form of the man who Knox had said smelled of shit. With his arms splayed wide and a grin on his face he started to laugh.

"Allllright! Man, I've had some stale breath get blown in my face from some real bears and it's NEVER been that bad!" Thorn said, taking in the two other recruits that were sharing the common area with him. He gave a knowing nod to Zach and a pleasant smile to Becki. "So what've we got starting up in here?"

Walking over to the pair and taking in the sheer size of the TV with a long whistle. Then glancing back around the Mess ."Eeeeeeem-pressive. And all I brought was a week's change of clothes and a handful of borrowed books. Not that I've got the scratch for this sort of thing but this really shows some foresight, whose is..." A look of confusion washing over his features as he notices the BED sitting in the middle of the mess hall with kegs and duffel bags resting on it. "What in the name of krispy kreme is this? I heard about always wanting to be close to food but... that's just stupid!"

#20 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:28 AM

What looked like a large dog made of shadows barreled through the doors of the mess hall at a full run. Sliding to a stop just inside as it's almost liquid shape warped and rippled up into the form of the man who Knox had said smelled of shit. With his arms splayed wide and a grin on his face he started to laugh.

"Allllright! Man, I've had some stale breath get blown in my face from some real bears and it's NEVER been that bad!" Thorn said, taking in the two other recruits that were sharing the common area with him. He gave a knowing nod to Zach and a pleasant smile to Becki. "So what've we got starting up in here?"

Walking over to the pair and taking in the sheer size of the TV with a long whistle. Then glancing back around the Mess ."Eeeeeeem-pressive. And all I brought was a week's change of clothes and a handful of borrowed books. Not that I've got the scratch for this sort of thing but this really shows some foresight, whose is..." A look of confusion washing over his features as he notices the BED sitting in the middle of the mess hall with kegs and duffel bags resting on it. "What in the name of krispy kreme is this? I heard about always wanting to be close to food but... that's just stupid!"

Zach looked as the Trickster ran into the mess hall. He silently watched him, trying to figure him out, as he explored the room and checked him and Becki out. "There's something you don't see everyday", he thinks aloud.

"How's it goin? Name's Zach and/or Mr. Mammoth. Whichever you prefer." he would say, figuring he seemd a nice enough guy, as Trickster looked at the Kegs. "Oh those....yeah, long story. Ends with that being property of that one guy Knox was tossing around earlier."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users