58 replies to this topic

#21 ND7

ND7

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 06:08 PM

The Netherealm from Mortal Kombat. Its basically MK's equivalent of Hell in that realm. Also, lets not forget that Scorpion gets stronger and stronger while here. So I reckon if Scorps avoids Chief long enough for his strength to equal or be greater than MC and then once that happens, all Scorps has to do is dodge the guns and get in close and take Chief out. I will debate with Skirm or anyone else who argues against Scorps being able to take down MC. Also, lets not forget the various demons that live down their. Basically any realm except Earthrealm and Edenia mean the Chief's death.

#22 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 07 May 2011 - 06:20 PM

The Grid from Tron?

#23 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:07 PM

The Netherealm from Mortal Kombat. Its basically MK's equivalent of Hell in that realm. Also, lets not forget that Scorpion gets stronger and stronger while here. So I reckon if Scorps avoids Chief long enough for his strength to equal or be greater than MC and then once that happens, all Scorps has to do is dodge the guns and get in close and take Chief out. I will debate with Skirm or anyone else who argues against Scorps being able to take down MC. Also, lets not forget the various demons that live down their. Basically any realm except Earthrealm and Edenia mean the Chief's death.

Thats a pretty cool idea dude. I dunno if Chief would be able to beat the Mortal Kombat fighters, especially on their own turf, and if theyre enhanced power-wise.

#24 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:09 PM

The Grid from Tron?

Awesome idea! Id love to see that. I reckon Chief could last a while with his own guns, but im not sure how hed do in the disc-fights they have...

#25 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:11 PM

Those forrests are killer. It is one bad ass environment. Truely survival of the fittest like on Dxun which is where I would send him

Yeah, after reading what under those trees, i scared for Chief!

Whats Dxun dude?

#26 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:15 PM

Don't think it's a cartoon yet, it comes from the comic Blame!. Basically, the City is a giant Dyson Sphere that went out of control and consumed the solar system (you could walk for years in one direction and not even leave one room: there is at least one room the size of Jupiter). The different floors of the City are blocked off by something called Megastructure, which is some material that is impervious to everything but GBE (which are some sort of gravity beam guns). The City is filled with cyborgs that can materialize out of the walls and floors of the City, can shred people to pieces with their hands, etc.

If you ever go to SB.com, there are threads that say "The entire Tyranid forces from WH40K show up in the City, what happens?" and alot of the common responses are "They are lost, presumed eaten by locals".

Even if Master Chief or similar could fight a Safeguard (which I doubt), he'd die from starvation or similar, as he could walk for years without finding another person, or any food source.

Wow. That place sounds... f*ckin cool! And seriously surreal. Im gonna have to read this manga...

I really dont see Chief surviving there, especially if the "entire Tyranid forces" are lost and eaten! The Tyranids are some of the nastiest, most dangerous aliens/armies i can think of, so thats bloody impressive.

#27 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:20 AM

But aren't some hive fleets the size of solar systems?

I doubt it, if by "size of solar system" you mean "mass equal to a solar system" or "volume of a solar system". The City is a solid sphere in all directions and past at least Jupiter, (778 million km) has a volume of 1.9E27 km3. You could fit 1,395,998,242,692.76 Jupiters in the City.

#28 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:36 AM

He also wouldn't survive a day on a Supreme Commander or [ui]Total Annihilation[/i] battlefield. These are the settings where the basic soldier unit is a giant house sized machine with automatic railgun cannons that can be build in a few seconds out of energy.

#29 the atom

the atom

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:48 AM

I doubt it, if by "size of solar system" you mean "mass equal to a solar system" or "volume of a solar system". The City is a solid sphere in all directions and past at least Jupiter, (778 million km) has a volume of 1.9E27 km3. You could fit 1,395,998,242,692.76 Jupiters in the City.

I found a good pic of the scale of a hive fleet
Posted Image

I doubt even one of those would get lost in a solar system sized structure no matter how dense it was, let alone all of them.

#30 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:44 AM

I found a good pic of the scale of a hive fleet

I doubt even one of those would get lost in a solar system sized structure no matter how dense it was, let alone all of them.

Uh, that's all the Hive fleets, not one. Not only that, that's not their size, that's their paths of incursions into the galaxy. It's also not to scale, since if it was Hive Fleets would have their own gravity and disrupt star systems simply with their prescenes, which doesn't happen.

#31 Lord_Of_Awesome

Lord_Of_Awesome

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Comic Books
    Ninjas
    Movies
    Pop Culture

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:53 AM

I would love to see MC try to survive a day on Pandora. Or now that I think about it an apocalyptic future like in I am Legend.

#32 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:00 PM

I would love to see MC try to survive a day on Pandora. Or now that I think about it an apocalyptic future like in I am Legend.

Cool ideas dude! I reckon Chief could survive on Pandora, depending on the guns he has. Most of the aliens there would be taken out by a few caps popped in their asses, and they dont have anything that could get through his shield or armor. The big rhino-aliens would be harder to kill, he may have to just run away or climb trees to avoid them, and the big panther-alien would be a b*tch to take down, but i think Chief could do it.

The I Am Legend film was crap, and the Vampires were crap too, but the book is amazing, and the world and the Vampires are both more interesting and harsher. Id like to see Chief take on some Vamps...

#33 Lord_Of_Awesome

Lord_Of_Awesome

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
    Comic Books
    Ninjas
    Movies
    Pop Culture

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:25 PM

Cool ideas dude! I reckon Chief could survive on Pandora, depending on the guns he has. Most of the aliens there would be taken out by a few caps popped in their asses, and they dont have anything that could get through his shield or armor. The big rhino-aliens would be harder to kill, he may have to just run away or climb trees to avoid them, and the big panther-alien would be a b*tch to take down, but i think Chief could do it.

The I Am Legend film was crap, and the Vampires were crap too, but the book is amazing, and the world and the Vampires are both more interesting and harsher. Id like to see Chief take on some Vamps...

I just used I am Legend as a reference to apocalyptic scenarios in general. I agree the book was better.

#34 Lord_Of_Awesome

Lord_Of_Awesome

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
    Comic Books
    Ninjas
    Movies
    Pop Culture

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:27 PM

I just used I am Legend as a reference to apocalyptic scenarios in general. I agree the book was better.

If you want to see MC take on vampires, then about he take on the ones from Underworld?

#35 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:08 PM

If you want to see MC take on vampires, then about he take on the ones from Underworld?

Yeah, i was really disappointed with the bloody film.

Anyways, the Underwolrd Vampires werent that hard to kill, but some of them, like Selene, were very skilled, so that could make an interesting fight... Dunno how Chief would kill her, i guess hed have to shoot her to bits, literally. But she could avoid a lot of his gunfire, and get in some sly hits of her own...

#36 shellsbut

shellsbut

Nuking the site from orbit

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 03:11 PM

Yeah, after reading what under those trees, i scared for Chief!

Whats Dxun dude?

worst moon in the galaxy makes makes mopst places look like Disneyland

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dxun seriously bad place to be no matter who you are.

here is a quote

"The only advice I'll give you when you're in the jungle, shoot anything that moves. Then shoot the things that don't move, just to be sure."

#37 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:24 PM

"The only advice I'll give you when you're in the jungle, shoot anything that moves. Then shoot the things that don't move, just to be sure."

Ill check it out. Sounds cool and pretty nasty for Chief!

#38 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:25 PM

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dxun seriously bad place to be no matter who you are.

here is a quote

I checked out the link you gave me and apparently the creatures on Dxun killed Mandalore the Indomitable, the then-current leader of the Mandalorians, and if they can kill him, one of the best, most skilled, advanced, and hardcore warriors in sci-fi history, then they can kill Chief.

#39 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts
  • Interests:The Avant-Garde, I Represent

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:40 PM

The Princess Brides' "Fire Swamp".

:mad:

#40 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:48 PM

The Princess Brides' "Fire Swamp".

:mad:

Hahaha good one!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users