• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:22 PM

I was thinking, and i came up with a question that i thought i just had to put up here: What is the deadliest environment to put Master Chief in?

It didnt have to be Master Chief, i dont know everything about him anyway, but hes a good choice as hes generally agreed to be a very good soldier, and its challenging to find a World that he wouldnt survive in. He would only have a few weapons, for example, an assault rifle, a pistol, spare ammo, a few grenades, his armor and thats it.
It doesnt have to be an entire World either, it could be any environment, from anything you can think of.
It would be a test of survival, either how long he can survive there until he dies, or can he survive a certain time before rescue, or whatnot.

So, what do you guys think is the deadliest, harshest, most difficult environment, World or general location for Master Chief to survive in?

Here are some ideas to start it off:

Isla Nublar from Jurassic Park - Chief has to survive on the island for one week, and is armed with the weapons stated above.

The Dune World - Chief has to survive on the planet for one week, and is armed with the weapons stated above, plus two SMGs and a rocket launcher, and spare ammo for both.

The Arctic Base from The Thing - Chief, replacing the character of R.J. MacReady, the other characters remaining the same, has to kill the Thing, and is armed with the weapons stated above.

#2 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:03 PM

The City from Blame!. He's screwed as soon as he runs into anyone with some sort of GBE. Or the Safeguards.

#3 Hugo Fowl

Hugo Fowl

• Members
  • 7,162 posts
  • Interests:Discworld, Hellsing, Kingdom Hearts, writing, RP's, drama, etc.

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:27 PM

Xenomorph Prime, twisted to a more Lovecraftian bent, with a number of guards and such who want to kill him.

.....What?

#4 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:37 PM

Keeping it to environments where he would actually have a chance of surviving:

The planet surface of Kashyyyk. I.e. the bottom level of Kashyyyk, with his feet On the planet, not up in the trees.

or, Dune.

Note: i just noticed that you already mentioned Dune, nvm that one then :)

#5 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:01 AM

The planet surface of Kashyyyk. I.e. the bottom level of Kashyyyk, with his feet On the planet, not up in the trees.

What's actually down there? I've read a couple of Star Wars novels that mention it, but things have only been implied in those ones.

#6 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:11 AM

What's actually down there? I've read a couple of Star Wars novels that mention it, but things have only been implied in those ones.

It's never actually been directly stated what's down there.

What has been stated, is that even the bravest(or stupidest) wookies don't go all the way down to the ground.

The place where all wookies have to go, in order to prove their bravery and officially become an adult, is several levels above the ground, though several levels below the treetops where the wookies live.

It's generally said that if you fall and end up on the ground, you're dead. Either from the fall itself, or if the fall doesn't get you(even if you escape the fall itself unharmed) the creatures that live down there, will.

To put things in a little perspective, compared to the creatures on the ground, wookies are small, weak and vulnerable.

#7 Lord_Of_Awesome

Lord_Of_Awesome

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Comic Books
    Ninjas
    Movies
    Pop Culture

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:03 AM

Inside the Matrix. I think Master Chief could do well for himself in that environment. As long as he stays away from Smith.

#8 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:21 AM

Wookiepedia:
The Shadowlands (sometimes referred to as the Shadow Forest[4]) were the fifth and final level of the Trail. The Shadowlands were the surface, or ground level of Kashyyyk, completely removed from direct sunlight by the massive wroshyr trees that hung overhead. This level was home to some of the most vicious beasts of Kashyyyk, including jaddyyk moss, needlebugs,[1] minstyngar[2], kkekkrrg rro [4], rroshm[3], katarn[2], and terentatek[5]. Many rites of passage for young Wookiee adults took place here, as well as tests of skill for off-worlders, as it was the most inhospitable area on Kashyyyk

Besides that, here's some information I found:
The Wookiees divide the wroshyr forests into seven vertical levels. The top level is occupied by the Wookiees, and it is further subdivided into the highest level (the nursery ring, where Wookiee children are minded and educated while their parents work), the habitation level (where Wookiee families dwell and work), and the maintenance level (where most Wookiee public utilities are located, including sewage and power generation).

As one travels farther down, the levels become increasingly more dangerous. A few predators exist on the level directly below the Wookiees' level, but these are small and easily circumvented. On the third level down, carnivorous syren plants exist in massive numbers and sizes. They play a part in Wookiee "coming-of-age" rituals, though only the most reckless Wookiees dare to venture so far down to prove their courage.

Below this level, things swiftly turn lethal. The fourth level down is inhabited by deadly predators, to which a full-grown Wookiee warrior is little more than a passing challenge.

The next two levels are known as the Shadow Forest -- the part of the forest too far below the canopy for light to penetrate. This is the domain of the webweavers -- giant, spiderlike creatures capable of devouring the most powerful Wookiee in a single bite. The Shadow Forest is a colossal maze of adhesive webs, where the slightest tremor attracts the attention of at least one webweaver. Those few Wookiees who travel down this far below rarely return

Finally, the ground level is given over to swamps, inland lakes, and sluggish rivers. The fauna at this level is more strange than lethal (though there is a fair amount of the latter), and most of the creatures live in complete darkness broke only by the occasional patch of phosphorescent flora. A few creatures provide their own illumination -- which usually attracts the attention of ground-level predators, so these creatures are either prolific or extremely dangerous in their own right. (from Star Wars Gamer Magazine)

NOTE: I'd like to point out that, according to Wookiepedia, the Webweaver is one of the most dangerous lifeforms in the galaxy. Pretty impressive.

#9 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:36 AM

Inside the Matrix. I think Master Chief could do well for himself in that environment. As long as he stays away from Smith.

Thats a very cool idea. Maybe with Cortana's help he could take on the Agents..?

#10 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:37 AM

The City from Blame!. He's screwed as soon as he runs into anyone with some sort of GBE. Or the Safeguards.

Is that an anime? I dont think i know it. Care to explain further?

#11 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:40 AM

Xenomorph Prime, twisted to a more Lovecraftian bent, with a number of guards and such who want to kill him.

So, a Xenomorph that was born from Optimus Prime, with surreal, physics-defying powers, and some average-joe guards? Or what?

#12 corvette1710

corvette1710

The Bastard Child of Sarcasm and Hypocrisy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Durr.

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:41 AM

The middle of space. :)

#13 corvette1710

corvette1710

The Bastard Child of Sarcasm and Hypocrisy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Durr.

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:42 AM

So, a Xenomorph that was born from Optimus Prime, with surreal, physics-defying powers, and some average-joe guards? Or what?

No. Xenomorph Prime is the Xenomorph homeworld.

#14 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:45 AM

Keeping it to environments where he would actually have a chance of surviving:

or, Dune.

Note: i just noticed that you already mentioned Dune, nvm that one then :)

Sticking him on the surface of Kashyyyk would be very cool... I reckon he could survive it.

I dont know much about Dune, but i know about the behemoth sand worms, and the high-tech-armed armies. That would also be a cool match, but i dunno if hed survive.

#15 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:39 AM

No. Xenomorph Prime is the Xenomorph homeworld.

Ok. I like my idea better tbh, but that makes more sense.

Also, think of an environment it would be interesting to put him in, not just Space, thats not fun.

#16 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:20 AM

Is that an anime? I dont think i know it. Care to explain further?

Don't think it's a cartoon yet, it comes from the comic Blame!. Basically, the City is a giant Dyson Sphere that went out of control and consumed the solar system (you could walk for years in one direction and not even leave one room: there is at least one room the size of Jupiter). The different floors of the City are blocked off by something called Megastructure, which is some material that is impervious to everything but GBE (which are some sort of gravity beam guns). The City is filled with cyborgs that can materialize out of the walls and floors of the City, can shred people to pieces with their hands, etc.

If you ever go to SB.com, there are threads that say "The entire Tyranid forces from WH40K show up in the City, what happens?" and alot of the common responses are "They are lost, presumed eaten by locals".

Even if Master Chief or similar could fight a Safeguard (which I doubt), he'd die from starvation or similar, as he could walk for years without finding another person, or any food source.

#17 the atom

the atom

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:37 AM

Don't think it's a cartoon yet, it comes from the comic Blame!. Basically, the City is a giant Dyson Sphere that went out of control and consumed the solar system (you could walk for years in one direction and not even leave one room: there is at least one room the size of Jupiter). The different floors of the City are blocked off by something called Megastructure, which is some material that is impervious to everything but GBE (which are some sort of gravity beam guns). The City is filled with cyborgs that can materialize out of the walls and floors of the City, can shred people to pieces with their hands, etc.

If you ever go to SB.com, there are threads that say "The entire Tyranid forces from WH40K show up in the City, what happens?" and alot of the common responses are "They are lost, presumed eaten by locals".

Even if Master Chief or similar could fight a Safeguard (which I doubt), he'd die from starvation or similar, as he could walk for years without finding another person, or any food source.

But aren't some hive fleets the size of solar systems?

#18 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:34 PM

Wookiepedia:
The Shadowlands (sometimes referred to as the Shadow Forest[4]) were the fifth and final level of the Trail. The Shadowlands were the surface, or ground level of Kashyyyk, completely removed from direct sunlight by the massive wroshyr trees that hung overhead. This level was home to some of the most vicious beasts of Kashyyyk, including jaddyyk moss, needlebugs,[1] minstyngar[2], kkekkrrg rro [4], rroshm[3], katarn[2], and terentatek[5]. Many rites of passage for young Wookiee adults took place here, as well as tests of skill for off-worlders, as it was the most inhospitable area on Kashyyyk

Besides that, here's some information I found:
The Wookiees divide the wroshyr forests into seven vertical levels. The top level is occupied by the Wookiees, and it is further subdivided into the highest level (the nursery ring, where Wookiee children are minded and educated while their parents work), the habitation level (where Wookiee families dwell and work), and the maintenance level (where most Wookiee public utilities are located, including sewage and power generation).

As one travels farther down, the levels become increasingly more dangerous. A few predators exist on the level directly below the Wookiees' level, but these are small and easily circumvented. On the third level down, carnivorous syren plants exist in massive numbers and sizes. They play a part in Wookiee "coming-of-age" rituals, though only the most reckless Wookiees dare to venture so far down to prove their courage.

Below this level, things swiftly turn lethal. The fourth level down is inhabited by deadly predators, to which a full-grown Wookiee warrior is little more than a passing challenge.

The next two levels are known as the Shadow Forest -- the part of the forest too far below the canopy for light to penetrate. This is the domain of the webweavers -- giant, spiderlike creatures capable of devouring the most powerful Wookiee in a single bite. The Shadow Forest is a colossal maze of adhesive webs, where the slightest tremor attracts the attention of at least one webweaver. Those few Wookiees who travel down this far below rarely return

Finally, the ground level is given over to swamps, inland lakes, and sluggish rivers. The fauna at this level is more strange than lethal (though there is a fair amount of the latter), and most of the creatures live in complete darkness broke only by the occasional patch of phosphorescent flora. A few creatures provide their own illumination -- which usually attracts the attention of ground-level predators, so these creatures are either prolific or extremely dangerous in their own right. (from Star Wars Gamer Magazine)

NOTE: I'd like to point out that, according to Wookiepedia, the Webweaver is one of the most dangerous lifeforms in the galaxy. Pretty impressive.

http://starwars.wiki...wiki/Wyyyschokk For those that inquire further. :)

#19 shellsbut

shellsbut

Nuking the site from orbit

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:36 PM

I thin I'll read that. I had no idea about it read up on wiki and damn it sounds cool. Cool gun too.

#20 shellsbut

shellsbut

Nuking the site from orbit

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:42 PM

Sticking him on the surface of Kashyyyk would be very cool... I reckon he could survive it.

I dont know much about Dune, but i know about the behemoth sand worms, and the high-tech-armed armies. That would also be a cool match, but i dunno if hed survive.

Those forrests are killer. It is one bad ass environment. Truely survival of the fittest like on Dxun which is where I would send him

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users