Photo
- - - - -

Sentinel Academy: The OOC thread

• Please log in to reply
372 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick Which Challenge is First: (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Highest votes first, followed by lowest

1. Combat Challenge (4 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. Vigilance Challenge (1 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

3. Wild Card Challenge (2 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

4. Leadership Challenge (7 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:03 PM

When the challenges start, this will be the thread to rabble. Come here to ask questions, argue, debate and anything out of character you'd like to do. This will also be the Rules Thread. See below.

Sentinel Academy Challenges

The characters I need are the Brains, the Leadership, the Fighter, the Human Resources and the Wildcards. So there is a chance for six members all together.

Vigilance Test (The Bomb Threat): The winner of this test will be the team Batman archtype...the detective, the brain. They will be the eyes, ears and nose of the operation. This person will serve as the hub of communications also (Oracle).

This test will be a mystery challenge. I will provide the mystery and you guys will work as a team or not...to find out what the mystery is.

Leadership Test (Alien Invasion): The winner of this test will be the team Captain America. They will be the face the media sees. This person calls the shots and leads the team into battle.

The challenge will be an Alien Invasion. There will be three secret objectives that a leader should carry out. I will not tell you the objectives, but I will be looking for someone to do as many of or all of the objectives possible. If you accomplish them first and/or best, you are the team leader.

Combat Test (Free for All MeleƩ): The winner of this test will be the team Wolverine. This person is the head first into danger type. The person that the team will send in first to confront the enemy, because they know he can handle himself and he can keep the enemy occupied until they come up with a plan. Or better yet, he may take him down all by himself. He's the let God sort em out type. He will also be the team's personal trainer.

The challenge will be a free for all fight against all the contestants. The winner will be the person who convincingly counters and attacks their opponents to such a degree that any counter attack against them seems ridiculous.

The HR test: The winner of this test will be the Nightcrawler or Jean Grey Type. They will be the glue that holds the team together. They can be the comedian, Plastic Man type or they can be Martian Manhunter type. If things get tense, this character will shine making rough situations light hearted. Good to have around in tough times.

The HR challenges will take place during the off periods of the games. During the entire challenge, there will be an R & R thread. The character that unites the team and helps the team click during these times will be the character that will shine. I will also be watching for this during the regular challenges. There are certain things I am looking for, so good luck.

The Wild Card test: This character will be the Aquaman or the Green Arrow type. They are not really necessary, but they are useful when they are around. Ths may be two characters. The wild card can be any type of character. It will basically be someone who is entertaining, creative and stands out, but doesn't fit into the other slots. This character may have a very unique power set as well. I'm looking for creativity here.

This challenge will be another battle themed challenge. More will be explained here later.

#2 Magnetrex

Magnetrex

Slang for sucks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool and all shooting some b-ball outside of the school.

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:28 PM

Awesome stuff man. The Frat-Man will have a few brews to keep him waiting until it starts.

#3 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:51 PM

One quick thing, do we sign up our characters for the challenges here when the time comes or will we be doing that ic when prompted?

#4 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:46 PM

Good question. Maybe I'll do a poll on each match and if you want to sign up, you just click on your character's name. Speaking of which, I might post a poll to decide what order to do the matches here. The challenge with the most votes is first, then the second most picked and so on and so on. Yeah, that sounds good.

#5 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

Hobbit

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:cacoethes scribendi

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:47 PM

Thorn agrees.

#6 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:12 PM

Poll form is up. Challengers may pick the order they wish to do the challenges. The most voted challenge goes first, followed by the next highest and so on and so on...

I will probably end this poll, when Exal and Soberguy give their characters.

#7 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:36 PM

Tough choice. I'd guess I'd say leadership challenge first. It might set a tone for the team. We can enter in more than one, right?

#8 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:04 AM

Tough choice. I'd guess I'd say leadership challenge first. It might set a tone for the team. We can enter in more than one, right?

Thats what Im getting from this. yes I think. Also yeah, I voted for leadership as well. Sort out top dog right away :).

#9 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:29 PM

Maybe this is just because I'm an RP noob, but I don't understand how this will all... play out? How will we figure out who is each of these?

#10 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:30 PM

Sort out top dog? What is this prison? You can enter your character in as many as you please. Darkender, I would think that after all of these successful RP's I've done that you would just trust that it'll work out. *waves hands in the air frantically* Everybody chill the f$&k out! I got this!

#11 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:36 PM

Sort out top dog? What is this prison? You can enter your character in as many as you please. Darkender, I would think that after all of these successful RP's I've done that you would just trust that it'll work out. *waves hands in the air frantically* Everybody chill the f$&k out! I got this!

Posted Image

#12 Magnetrex

Magnetrex

Slang for sucks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool and all shooting some b-ball outside of the school.

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:44 PM

I voted for the Combat Challenge, just so you guys want to know.

#13 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:03 PM

Sort out top dog? What is this prison?

*Puts away various shivs* Hey you never know, thats what happened last time I signed up for one of these things...*looks at threedark*.

Anyways I trust you Treach...more or less. This is the 3rd time Ive done that on this site...hasnt failed me yet...I don't think.

#14 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:27 PM

Combat Challenge [ 3 ] [23.08%]
Vigilance Challenge [ 1 ] [7.69%]
Wild Card Challenge [ 2 ] [15.38%]
Leadership Challenge [ 7 ] [53.85%]

So, here's the order of the challenges. Leadership first. Combat second. Wild Card third and Vigilance last.

#15 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

Hobbit

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:cacoethes scribendi

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:49 PM

Thorn has proactively signed his name to every signup list. Before they even went up. It seems to have been printed along with the lines to sign up.

#16 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:55 PM

Zombie Girl shall also compete in all of them. Ready for action Mr. Knox

#17 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:57 PM

At the behest of PowerPlex Records, so will Axl.

Except for Vigilance. They don't appear on TV much.

#18 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:59 PM

Damn, I thought I was to be the only guy attempting that :). Yeah, count in Zach for all as well.

#19 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

Since it's trending, so will Jamiel. Except for Vigilance.

#20 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:14 PM

Since it's trending, so will Jamiel. Except for Vigilance.

Dont be a trend follower :). Heh, well if nothing else the winners will be well-deserved if the whole competition is up for grabs like this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users