88 replies to this topic

#1 Adam Safran

Adam Safran

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:00 PM

Basically a thraed for characters you'd like to toss out for someone to add, if you aren't up to immediately adding them yourselves or can't figure out the functions. Can throw out char ideas, picture help, and series you feel like aren't getting much atention here!

#2 Adam Safran

Adam Safran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:04 PM

Pre-Crisis Superman. He's an entirely distinct, separate character in terms of continuity and power levels, and is mainstream enough to have a separate character for fight/thread purposes. Much lessthe idea of being able to use superdickery as source material.

#3 Artemis Entreri

Artemis Entreri

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:54 PM

Pre-Crisis Superman. He's an entirely distinct, separate character in terms of continuity and power levels, and is mainstream enough to have a separate character for fight/thread purposes. Much lessthe idea of being able to use superdickery as source material.

Musashi from the video game! Hancock from the movie (and the girl) Lloth(Spider Goddess of chao for Drows) V (The Visitors from the 80's tv series) The Nothing ( From the Neverending Story) Caiera (WW Hulk) and that's all I can think of right now!

Be back soon........

#4 Adam Safran

Adam Safran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:55 PM

Randomly, what is the correct spelling for Lloth? i've seen like at least four variations, and all of them seem to be used interchangably without being told you're spelling it wrong.. Heh.

#5 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:04 PM

Grungni, Grimnir, and Valaya, the Warhammer Dwarfs Ancestral Gods. I'm sure to get maybe a link or two, but I doubt all three needed. Then there's the fact that there are no pictures of them...

#6 JudgeDeath

JudgeDeath

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Comics, hot chicks, videogames, cute chicks, books, sexy chicks, good movies, and nice chicks.

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:08 PM

Stan Lee

#7 Adam Safran

Adam Safran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:11 PM

Added Pre-Crisis Superman (earth-2). Just as SMOEONE had to, though I feel dirty for adding a DC char that I mock...

#8 Artemis Entreri

Artemis Entreri

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:11 PM

Randomly, what is the correct spelling for Lloth? i've seen like at least four variations, and all of them seem to be used interchangably without being told you're spelling it wrong.. Heh.

Randomly indeed! Your guess is as good as mine! Since R.A Salvatore was the first Author I read about her in I say Lloth but it's whatever! If fact I will add her now.....

#9 Artemis Entreri

Artemis Entreri

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:46 PM

I'm having soooooo many problems trying to get Sgt. Slaughter on here. The pics never come out right! If anyone wants to take up the task I will forever be grateful!

Meaning one free "it's good" on your match no matter how much it might suck! LOL

#10 Adam Safran

Adam Safran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:52 PM

I'm having soooooo many problems trying to get Sgt. Slaughter on here. The pics never come out right! If anyone wants to take up the task I will forever be grateful!

Meaning one free "it's good" on your match no matter how much it might suck! LOL

Uhm, go ahead and try the GI Joe Wikipedia if you can find it - probably like gijoe.wikia.com or something. I bet they would have pictures thre you could probably crop. Or there's always deviantart or the hasbro website. I bet you could also find some pics going to one of the GI JOE filecard sites - IIRC it's yojoe.com or something.

http://www.google.co...9...r&sa=Search

http://www.yojoe.com...ghtercard.shtml

#11 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:55 PM

I'm not adding him, but I'd like to see Asteroth from Soul Calibur if he hasn't been added already.

#12 Adam Safran

Adam Safran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:16 PM

Would Adam West Batman count as a separate character or not? Or is he covered by having an Adam West character specifically on the database?

#13 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:34 PM

Commander Shepard

#14 Artemis Entreri

Artemis Entreri

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:36 PM

Can anyone explain what I do about adding "The Nothing" From the Neverending Story!!!!! The film has a bunch of sites and Wiki info but none just for the sentient "Nothing".

I did however bump into the Nothin wiki (not the same) Help!

#15 Adam Safran

Adam Safran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:37 PM

Can anyone explain what I do about adding "The Nothing" From the Neverending Story!!!!! The film has a bunch of sites and Wiki info but none just for the sentient "Nothing".

I did however bump into the Nothin wiki (not the same) Help!

Just use Wiki sites about the movie instead. You can also just use the IMDB page for the movie as backup - just in general focus your search on Neverending Story movies, since it isn't big enough to have its own wiki, or for the individual chars to ahve tehir own pages.

#16 Adam Safran

Adam Safran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:39 AM

Is it worth it to add characters from different Transformers continuities or just keep them in generic categories? I'm strongly considering throwing in some of the cast of either the Transformers movie or the latest show, Animated, and some from Beast Wars.. WOuld that work or not?

#17 vycesyn

vycesyn

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Everything and anything.I tend to like the cartoons from my youth so 80's cartoons.I also enjoy different fantasy books.Tv shows include House,Bones,and NCIS among other things.I tend to go for comic characters that are more thinkers then have large powersets.

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:59 PM

Been trying to add in Paul Atreides from the Dune series but can't find any pictures that will size in the right shape.Even resizing it all i get is that I've either made it too wide or too long for me to resize. Any have a good picture i can use or want to try to add him instead? Also tended to like Duncan Idaho and Stilgar from the series too although can find very limited info on them on the net.

#18 Adam Safran

Adam Safran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:00 PM

Been trying to add in Paul Atreides from the Dune series but can't find any pictures that will size in the right shape.Even resizing it all i get is that I've either made it too wide or too long for me to resize. Any have a good picture i can use or want to try to add him instead? Also tended to like Duncan Idaho and Stilgar from the series too although can find very limited info on them on the net.

best suggestion is to find a good full body shot of him and then try and crop it with Photoshop. Try and get like a head adn upper torso shot and then size it down to 200x200.

#19 videogameman

videogameman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:Video games, literature, Anime/Manga, Western animation ie. Cartoons, and your momma!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:01 PM

I'm not adding him, but I'd like to see Asteroth from Soul Calibur if he hasn't been added already.

I have done so.

#20 Austo191

Austo191

Here Comes the Pain!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:WWE, Video Games, Movies, and bringing the pain.

Posted 06 June 2009 - 06:42 PM

I want Randy "The Ram" Johnson from the Wrestler movie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users