Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:41 PM

Name: Sarah Maroon.

CodeName: Miss Admiral

Height: Five Feet Two Inches

Weight: Ninety Three Point Two Two Nine Seven Three Eight Four Pounds.

Brief Description of Self: Um...okay. So, I'm very intelligent, let me get that clear right now. I am sick and tired of bitchy old people telling me that I can't be smarter than they are cause I'm a teenager. I'm just...sorta...unmotivated. That's all. I mean, what's the point of improving the world and all that stuff when I'm just gonna die soon and never be seen again. Might as well just have fun now.

Personality: Sarah. The S is for Science, because I love science. It's so cool to see how everything fits together. Physics, Chemistry, Biology. I've been on this neuroscience kick lately, I read through like three textbooks over the last week.

Oh um, the first A is for...uuuuuhmm... Agile. When I was a kid, me and some friends of mine invented freerunning. Course, it wasn't popular because we were seven, but we used to hop from roof to roof all the time.

The R is for... R.... there's nothing interesting for R. So I'm gonna go with Bubbly. R is for Bubbly. That's how I had so many friends in high school.

The second A is for Adventure. 'Nuff said.

And the H is for Hedonist. It's a word with a lot of bad press, but I'm not like an anarchist or somethin'. I just think fun is the most important thing.

Powers:

Superior Mind (2)
Weak Strength
Weak Body

Mind Blast(Superior) + Ranged (4): It's kind of like I can reach in and pull out all the short term memory. Yeah, my neuroscience kick started when I got this power, did you guess? If I want, I can aim at other parts of the brain. The pain center, vision, hearing - but those parts are harder to hit than Short Term Memory.

Force of Will (Standard) (6) Turns out there were certain upsides to spending 60 hours reading about the brain.

Mental Defense (Superior) (8) Ooh, this one has an interesting story behind it. So, when the big explosion in Black Park gave everyone their powers, Some other people got psychic too and it turns out I can use mine to protect me from everyone else's. Cool huh?

Telepathy + Ranged(Standard) (10):Just a quick mental scan to get the basics. It helps with attack and defense.

Vehicle (Standard) (12): Motorcycle. I call it Clyde.

Communication (standard) (14): Back when I was on a robotics learning thing. I programmed Clyde. Now all I have to do is whistle and he comes. Look *whistle*

#42 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:59 PM

Initial draft of my guy, Mr. mammoth. Will revise when have chance, but here he basically is. Will get a pic up later.

Name: Zachery Parke

Code Name
: Mr. Mammoth

Posted Image
Posted Image

Height: 5'7/11'2

Weight:140 lbs/a hell of alot

Brief Description of Self:
A science major from Southern California, Zach had spent his first 21 years as a typical nerd. Avoiding bullying, slight social akwardness, good grades and a promising future..the usual. Finishing his last year in College he figured he would be able to proceed into his next step in life. He did, but it wasn't quite the path he originally intended. One night while walking home, he would end up in a one-in-a-million situation. Caught outside and alone in a freak storm, Zach would take a shortcut home and spot something glowing in the corner of his eyes. Curiosity getting the better of him, he would go to pick it up. As he did so, he would have a split second to notice what it was before things really happened. A small tip of what appeared to be a tusk. He would question the odds of that being there and what it could mean, when the blue glow engulfed him. After feeling a surge of energy he passed out and several hours later he awoke by himself, with a thick layer of frost and ice surrounding him. Before that could set-in as weird, he would spend the rest of the morning walking home with the worst migrane known to man. It was, however, soon made clear that the migrane was a voice. Zach was told by the voice that it was the Primal god of ice , known as Cryodon and that Zach had just found and absorbed his essence. He was also told that Zach was to become his host to do good, eradicate evil and all that jazz. After wondering what he drank last night and attempting to deem himself insane, he was finally convinced after the god decided to "lend" him a bit of his power. After some more coaxing and proving from Cryo, Zach was sold on the fact that he was being asked to fight crime by an immortal and powerful god who was now living inside him. With that in mind Zach decided the best place to start was at the SLJ.

Personality: A true science man, Zach has a large basis in the field of reality. Anything out of the ordinary he has tried to explain via logical explinations. Right up until he got his powers, he held up pretty well. After taking up the powers of Cryodon, hardly anything supernatural or otherwise quite phases him. Being told you have a primal god living in you tends to do that. He is the standard friendly type, albeit with enough sarcasm to drown a whale, and will hold a conversation so long as your the one doing the talking. He tends to be more on the flight end of the spectrum when it comes to danger though having Cryodon in him has awakened his heroic side and he is more willing to put aside his fears save the day. Quite intelligent and clever he has found alot of uses for the limited extent of his powers, and how to apply them when in a pinch. The big god himself Cryodon, deemed cryo for short courtesy of Zach(though he doesnt quite like the name), is quite jaded and cold in demeanor but deep down is caring for others as well and has a good sense of justice. Though he constantly bickers with his host he does admire him as a person and wont hesitate to lend Zach a hand when it comes to dealing with bad guys.

Powers:

Intelligence standard
Rest of stats weak

Standard Piercing(range+multi): The first trick Zach got the hang of was the use of solid ice as projectiles and stabby weapons. Granted this is also the trick he is still working on, so things tend to not get more complicated than a shaft of ice or some shards shooting out of his hand. Maybe a pillar or two out of the ground if he feels like showing off. They seem to do the job, so he keeps them in his repitoire. Being a science major he did initially see some issues with it, considering the ability to conjure up shards that strong that fast out of thin air break the laws of thermodynamics. A bit odd since to almost anyone else, being told a god bestowed you these powers would have been a good enough answer to handwave that.

Binding Standard(area): His favorite trick up is sleeve, a tad ironic given this is an even worse offender than shooting ice out of his hand. If he is facing someone who needs to stand still for a bit or just is needed out of the way(non-fatally of course), he will not hesitate to use his ice abilities to get them to "cool off" (yes he has used that line...it sounded even worse than how your imagining). He is fairly new at flashfreezing, especially with multiple foes, so his favorite tactic for when theres a group and he has some time is to summon pillars en masse(a marginally easier task) out of the ground to trap them. Not as effective maybe, but it sure looks cool. Of course he can just freeze your legs or arms to the ground if he's not in the mood to do so.

Transformation Superior: One of the most powerful moves in Zach's arsenal. Granted to him after an incident where his current control over ice just wasn't cutting it. Letting the hero take the form of the ice god himself. Growing exponentially as well as the proper mammoth hangups(trunk, tusks, fur, etc), Mr. mammoth was truly born and ready to fight crime. Not only does it help him out physically, becoming one of the largest mammals to ever walk the face of the earth will do that to you, but his ice powers increase astronomically when in this form. If there is any drawback to this its that bipedal mammoths are not the easiest thing to get used to for walking around, and he has yet to get the full hang of it. He can morph only one or two limbs if he needs to, but that only amplifies the akwardness. The other discrepency would be that in his own words, even at this extent of the power "Im using 1% of a god's power. Thats damn good, but 1% of anything is still 1%...theres room for improvement". Regrdless he is fine with the morph itself...after all werebeasts are in this year.

Danger Sense Standard: In addition to the many abilities granted to him, Zach also has the god himself in his head to converse with. While it usually just leads to bickering, Cryodon would occasionally hand out some useful exposition on his powers or give a heads up when someone is trying to sneak up behind him. When in times of peril, due to fear of being killed along with Zach, Cryodon can take over the body of Zach and use it to "tip the odds" so to speak. Having been at work alot longer than Zach he knows a thing or two about fighting. It has proved useful, however the two are still trying to figure out a proper arrangement due to an incident where the god went joyriding on an all-night hero spree...it didnt end too well.

Force Field Superior: Equipped with a proper offense, but little defense aside from his beast forms tough hide, Zach found he did not want to be too reckless. This problem was rectifed as his mastery over ice grew. He found that large walls of ice and a thick air of frost surrounding him could be used fairly effectively as a shield. While there are many things badguys can get their hands on that are harder than ice, if one puts enough layers between oneself and them it is enough to stop em cold in their tracks(get used to that line as well). When under stressful situations, Cryodon can easily take cotnrol over this part of the job while Zach is busy taking the offensive.

#43 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:04 PM

Looks good. Two questions though; first, why no 'Cold' power? Second, why no fluffy puppy?
:)

#44 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:20 PM

Posted Image

Name: Jamiel Merit

Code Name: Merit

Height: 6ft

Weight: 185

Brief Description of Self : I know you probably get this a lot, but I’m a mutant. I just woke up one morning with my powers. No radioactive bite or government lab was involved, thankfully. Of course, at first, these powers seemed like a curse. I was already a teen trying to fit in, but as I grew into them they became the best thing that ever happened to me. When I was younger the only thing I saw from these powers was how I could use them to get ahead. I would rob a store or two, and do a couple muggings to get some cash to pick up some girls, but as I get older I’m starting to see the big picture. My names can be in lights! I can be bigger than all those other heroes. Who could deny this package deal I got?

Personality: Ah, I suck at these things. Let’s see; I’m handsome, athletic, charismatic, and the biggest up and coming hero to hit this academy by the looks of it.

Powers:
Stats Standard

Martial Arts: Standard: Yeah, I’ve been known for scrapin’ kids around the block. I don’t have a belt, or anything like that but I wouldn’t count me out when the goings get tough.

Emotional Control(Not sure if I should use Mind Control instead): Standard+ Area Effect: I’m a talker, I guess. I tend to pull emotions out of people pretty good when I need it. This is mostly used at the clubs though.

Regeneration: Superior: I’m sorta a tough guy. I’ve been in tons of fights! But with all the brawls and near death situations I’ve had in my life so far, I don’t have scars to show for it. I guess that means you’ll just have to take my word for it.

Fire: Superior+ Ranged: I can give a girl some early hot flashes :). But seriously, I can also shoot flames out of my hands and eyes. Just not at the same time. The Flames burn white untill it hits its target, then it usually turns back to the normal color of fire.

#45 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:54 PM

So that's ten or possibly eleven recruits. Sounds like a party. If anybody else is getting in (Hugo), better do it quick. I'm ready to move on this. Going to start reading now and getting a feel for characters.

Note to Josh: Hardee har har!

#46 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:07 PM

Looks good. Two questions though; first, why no 'Cold' power? Second, why no fluffy puppy?
:D

Thanks, and in that order:

Well from the power description Cold is for making things colder or freeze. At this stage he specializes in using icicles and stuff like that for his purpose. I did handwave it a bit in piercing weapon by mentioning atm he sucks at "flash freezing", being able to use moisture at best.

Well there are 3 good reasons:
*Rob's over doing his own thing so him being in SLJ doesnt make a whole lot of sense.
*Same goes for any other furry creatures I might be making(they will come eventually btw :P).
*I am a bit afraid your guy might try to eat him :) . That might be profiling, but after Rob's run ins with parasite you cant be too careful, how do I know all your guys dont want some wolf jerky. Maybe next time, man, maybe next time.

#47 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:16 PM

*I am a bit afraid your guy might try to eat him :D . That might be profiling, but after Rob's run ins with parasite you cant be too careful, how do I know all your guys dont want some wolf jerky. Maybe next time, man, maybe next time.

Yeah because all zombies want to eat people... you racist. :) Becki is offended.

#48 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:16 PM

Treach, I'm making my guy tomorrow. Exams mean I couldn't today.

#49 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:38 PM

A whole team of brains too. But there is only a place for one of each, this should be interesting to see you guys try to outwit each other. However, it will also be tough for me to figure out ways to outwit all of you in the challenges.

#50 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:04 PM

Reconsider away. I'm going to wait on Bison and Exal (who I don't mind making a female character because he makes great female characters) then it's go time. Also Psoodudm, you need a weight. Just gives us a better feel of the character when they interact.

#51 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:30 PM

@Treach: Well at least some of the people can double-up for spots/tropes/character types. For example, Mr. M can double up for a big guy(as Cryo-form) or Lancer/leader pretty well :P. *wink**wink*.

EDIT: Oh got a new good one....Mighty Glacier....*Roll Drum Snare*

@Deo: Im sorry Becki :D...its not you, its your creator. Im certain your a very nice person and Zach would love to not avoid you, and be frien-...wait. That couldve come out better...meh, you know what I mean :)

#52 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

Hobbit

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:cacoethes scribendi

Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:13 AM

Posted Image

Name: Thorn Roughcoat

Code Name: Trickster

Height: 5'6"

Weight: 144 lbs

Brief Description of Self: Well over two decades ago CERN gave us the face of what we-what?

We're not doing that one? Good, I didn't think that story sounded familiar.

Hi, I'm Thorn. I might not be familiar to you right now but don't worry, that'll change soon enough. I'm not going to name names but I'm made from the kind of stuff that legends come from. Literally. Or, more to the point, Folklorically. Yes I made that word up, you can have it. Think of it as a gift. Think of me as a modern age Culture Hero. Here to teach a few lessons, learn a few morals, and hopefully not die in the process. Or maybe even die as an example, but not for long.

Without revealing too much there really isn't that much to say about myself. I'm just following in the family business, so to speak, and hope to make as much of an impact as my Old Man.

That might be saying too much anyway. Eh, he can get over himself.

Personality: Love to laugh, at myself or other people. Lies and the truth are both weapons, never give either too freely. And I love long walks but hate beaches. Cannot stand them.

Powers:
Stats - Standard

Everything is Sacred
Reaction Speed Standard
You can never be too quick, even if there always will be someone faster at least sometimes you'll be the one who's the fastest. If that makes sense please press 4. Too late! Ha!

Hem and Haw
Energy Body Standard
I can't, exactly, take on every living form but that does not mean I'm not fluid. I can get into all sorts of places I shouldn't by taking on various not-quite-solid forms.

Cheating Medicine
Force of Will Standard
Who needs skill when you're lucky? I'm very lucky. Lucky with tricks and avoiding their ilk to boot!

Teaching Wisdom
Illusion Standard w/Area & Multi
One of the best ways to defeat someone is to convince them that they are already defeated. Even if it takes beating them about the head and shoulders with lies and deceit. Literally, figuratively, and metaphysically.

Nothing is Sacred
Danger Sense Standard
The best liars will see a lie coming a mile away, the saying holds true for pranksters. Also the dangerous. Especially the dangerous.

Learning Folly
Regen Standard
And sometimes, just sometimes, you've got to die a little to get your point across. But never for long, because that would be the end of your story for real.

#53 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:27 AM

I'm going to add a guy too treach - probably tonight.

#54 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:10 AM

I need a weight? I dunno, do any of you guys know how much an 18 year old girl would weigh?

#55 Nilan

Nilan

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:50 AM

I need a weight? I dunno, do any of you guys know how much an 18 year old girl would weigh?

Depends on how heavy she is.

#56 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:37 AM

Comic book heroines tend to weigh less than they might in the real world. It varies on gender, ethnicity, and build. At 5'2'' 110 or a little bit more would not be unrealistic in this setting.

#57 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:55 AM

Might start up the R & R thread just so everyone can get settled in at the Academy. Get to know each other or hate each other. Just for your information and I'll reinterate this later, but you don't have to compete in every challenge. Whatever position you'd like your character to be in is what competition you join.

#58 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:29 PM

Name: Ryan Walker

Code Name: Axl Smash
Posted Image

Height: 6'1

Weight: 210 lbs

Brief Description of Self: Two years ago The Demolition were on top of the world. The hottest new act from Khazan’s leading record company PowerPlex Records, they brought a touch of old school rock back into mainstream popularity, and developed a large following of older fans who remembered the glory days of this kind of music. Unfortunately, nostalgia fades fast and The Demolition were never going to measure up to the Led Zeppelins and Black Sabbaths of the past. After their first successful album, popularity waned and The Demolition found themselves desperate for another breakthrough as they struggled to convince the upper management of PowerPlex to keep them on board.

Axl Smash, real name Ryan Walker, the guitarist for the group, was particularly upset. He’d spent his entire life obsessed with music of all kinds, it’s all he wanted to do in his life, and now he’d tasted his dream it was going to be snatched from his mouth before he could savor it.

Fortunately for him, he was involved in an attack by a desperate supevillain at this local mall. Long story short, there was a fight involving superhero The cosmic Man, and Axl was caught in the middle of it all.

Now he has superpowers, and PowerPlex Records have seized the opportunity. They’re going to exploit it for all it’s worth. They’re going to make Axl Smash, guitarist of The Demolition, one of the worlds most famous superheroes. They’ve sent him to join the Sentinels.

Personality: Ryan knows why he’s been sent to try out for the Sentinels. To PowerPlex Records, it’s nothing but a publicity stunt to increase record sales. However, Ryan is determined to prove he can be more than that. As such, he struggles to find respect. His team mates know why he’s here as well as he does, and it’s going to be an up hill struggle to prove himself.

When not on mission, Ryan attempts to be as kind and respectful as he can be, always offering handshakes and he is fairly softly spoken. He’s always been fairly shy in social situations, and his fears that he is not respected in this situation only make that worse.

When Axl Smash is performing, however, things change. On stage, Axl is confident, he is brash, he is crude. He is a rockstar, through and through. He brings this attitude when out in the field, showing off and being generally very loud. Apart from being a public act to gain a fan base, he keeps this persona in secret missions – it is mainly used as a mask for his own insecurities.

Powers:
Standard Mind and Agility. His empowering event increased his Strength and Body to roughly peak human (Superior).

Standard, Ranged Slashing Weapon: He carries a guitar specifically designed to be both easy to swing and damaging on impact. It’s a good weapon, and combined with his newfound strength he can hit very hard with it, but really no better than a fireaxe or labrys. It’s a stupid marketing ploy, and Ryan would rather be rid of it and use his actual powers.

As Axl, of course, he will claim it is totally awesome.

Superior, Multi Attack Telekinesis: Axl’s main power. He’s capable of tossing multiple opponents around at once, as well as objects of a decent size. This is his main use to the team, though he has an annoying habit of smashing foes from afar with his guitar, even when this is not the most useful opion.

Standard Flight: Using his Telekinesis, Axl can lift himself off the ground and fly, allowing him to use his powers from a birds eye view.

#59 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:26 PM

I think we know who wants to be the bruiser. Who's left anyway? Soberguy and Exal, I think?

#60 Sir Exal

Sir Exal

Still Here, somehow.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:Promising myself I'll change and then never doing it.

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:19 PM

Another remix character...one that flies in the face of my previous continuity, but oh well. Introduction story to be posted later.

Posted Image

Name: Amanda Tomson

Codename: Die

Brief Description of Self: Die is the orphaned daughter of infamous mercenaries Crash & Burn. Desiring her to aid them with their heists and jobs, her parents gave her extensive cybernetic implants shortly after puberty, that in sum, gave her the powers her parents' own implants gave them, on a much smaller scale. For five years Khazan was menaced by the new team of Crash, Burn and Die. After her parents were killed in a massive SLJ-KPD joint raid, Die was caught in a spiral of anger and depression, until she met a young boy named Neph. At Neph's urging, she turned up at a rehab center, and after her completion, eventually petitioned to join the Sentinels.

Die has long orange hair and wears exclusively black, though usually in a revealing, self-sewn outfit. She also has a fondness she cannot shake for simple gold jewelry. Die almost always keeps her hands at her sides.

Personality: Since her parents' death, Die has had years of massive therapy, so she's not the suicidal self-hater she used to be. However, she still has that self-forced distance from the group that screams "former problem child." Overall, however, Die is moderately friendly once you get to know her, an attentive student, and has a good, if irreverent, sense of humor.

Superior Concussive Attack + ranged

“Die. Right hand's your Wave Generator, left's the acid projector. Don't *vulgarity*ing confuse the two.”

Superior Disintegration + ranged

“Listen to 'em scream, kid. Most awesome sound in the world.”

Standard Armor

“What are you, Die, *vulgarity*ing stupid?! Never go out without armor on, or you deserve to get your ass killed!”

Standard Iron Will

“Hey. Neph. Thought I'd check in, but I guess you're busy. Hope you're showing that instructor what you can really do. I'll call back later. I love you, Amanda. Bye.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users