#1 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:52 PM

Welcome to hell Yardbirds! My name is Sargeant Harvey D. Knoxville, AKA: Hard Knox. I am the Special teams drill instructor for the Sentinels of Liberty and Justice. You may refer to me as Sir, yes Sir or Yes, Drill Sargeant. Anything else will earn you the sort of ire reserved for the Enemy and when Sentinels are through with the enemy, they have to scrape them of the walls. In case some of you are in remedial class, we are Sentinels. You are scum. You want to be men like us. Men like us took the Fallen Tower and held Khazan Harbor. Men like us have saved the President more times than you can count...even the dinosaur. I hear there is some sort of threat on the streets concerning some sh!tstain group called the Children of Sayang. The Children of Sayang ain't sh!t. We leave turds like that for the itty bitty ditty bags in the Angel's of Mercy. If the bottom falls out in any part of the world, please understand that the safest place to be is behind a Sentinel. That's why you are here. We will not leave the streets to be protected by ditty bags.

While the Sentinels are off saving the world from Intergalactic threats and Megalomaniac jerks, the streets are being marauded by the wack jobs. Let me repeat...We Are Sentinels. It is our job to protect the weak. We are Just, we are Brave and our cause is Righteous. We will not leave the streets to be defended by some nutcase lunatic vigilantes with a hard on for violence. Sentinels prefer our hard ons for violence to be sanctioned by Federal Laws. That's where you maggots come in. My job is to whip you into shape. Currently, your only shape is maggot. If I address you as anything other than that, I assure you it is purely mistaken identity. Some of you may be vigilantes yourself, some sidekicks and some just stains trying to be seen. Whatever, The only way you'll walk out of here now is on your feet as a certified Sentinel of Liberty and Justice or in a body bag. Your next question is probably, where is here?

Well turds, this is Sentinel Academy. This is the proving grounds. You came here to tear away from your momma's tit and act like a damn man for once in your life. In Sentinel Academy, you will learn Leadership, Combat, Tactical Skills, Covert Ops and Power Training. I will teach you to crawl, I will teach you to walk and if you make it through this training, you will learn to fly. You will become the newest Special Assignment street team for the Sentinels. One of you malfunctions will become the leader. At least four others, will become members based on the various skills exhibited throughout the training. If any of you think you can cheat your way through Sentinel Academy, you'll be out of here faster than you can say Death in a Box. Also, this isn't a competition to see who can hit who the hardest. You're going to need brains, you're going to need brawn and most importantly, you're going to need each other. So before you all starting getting chubbies, let's get through with the paperwork. Here is your official Sign Up Sheet. it will act as the official roster for Sentinel Academy. Fill it out...NOW! JUMP YARDBIRDS!

The Sign Up Sheet
Name:

Code Name:

Age (Must be between Ages 18-25, The Sentinels have enuff old farts around here!):

Height:

Weight:

Brief Description of Self (Origin/Background...K.I.S.S. I don't want to hear your life story! Save that for when you become a member and debut your character to the database.):

Personality (Tell us about yourself, Maggot!):

Powers (Use the set from the Database. You are working with Street Level abilities 14 pts. You are free to explain your powers like a Wiki page here. There will be plenty of time to display your powers during the Academy training and if you get picked, you will create a full fledge character for the Sentinels that will be a part of a specially designed Sentinel Street Team.):

That's all we need for now maggots! You fill this paperwork out and we'll get to the rules of the game later. WELCOME TO THE SCHOOL OF HARD KNOX!

#2 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:01 PM

You tease. Tell me MORE!

#3 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:12 PM

I'm excited. It could be so many things!

#4 Magnetrex

Magnetrex

Slang for sucks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool and all shooting some b-ball outside of the school.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:46 PM

I bet it has something to do with the Sentinels. Which would be awesome

#5 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:10 PM

Rabble!

#6 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

Hobbit

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:cacoethes scribendi

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:12 PM

More information is required before a final assessment can be had.

#7 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:21 AM

What the hell?

That is the correct response sir.

#8 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:38 AM

I played pen and paper RPGs as a kid, and later was big into MUSHes. Both of these ancient ideas STILL seem more advanced than message board RP. How do you people do it?

#9 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:26 PM

Treach, now you're just torturing us. Pretty sure there's something in the Geneva/Hague Conventions about this.

#10 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:34 PM

I don't know about Geneva conventions. I'm not sure how we do message board RPG's and survive, but I am sure that the High School versions of the FPL characters is going to get moved to another thread as soon as this starts up. :ph34r: I'll post all the specifics soon enough. Didn't anybody ever tell you guys about the FPL's lag time. I swear you guys really need to read your FPL handbooks. Oh wait, nevermind...they never got mailed out. See.

#11 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:28 PM

Updated!!

#12 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:54 PM

Interesting, but more info please.

#13 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:27 PM

That's all we need for now maggots! You fill this paperwork out and we'll get to the rules of the game later. WELCOME TO THE SCHOOL OF HARD KNOX!

#14 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:52 AM

When does this start? Whether I play or not depends on whether it's after exam season or not.

#15 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:36 AM

Since I'm not Hardknox (HardKnox is strictly for the recruits), I'll give you guys a rundown. Sentinel Academy is basically Battle School (Ender's Game). My explanation for the Sentinels lack of characters is because the Sentinels are the Justice League of the FPL. They just don't have a lot of Street level characters. Therefore, they are behind on what's going on with the streets...and what's going on is massive. The Sayang group is terrorizing, you've got KALI being all mysterious. You've got Elly doing lord knows what. They just don't have the time to invest in coming from the Kree/Skrull war or whatever to fight some Actor's and a guy who's face turns into Mandibles. So, they are starting street teams. This group here will be the first run. It will be the test run. They are going to give these kids a series of challenges that will hone them into real warriors. This way, they can effectively clean up the streets Sentinel style and not leave it up to the the murderous/suspect Angels and/or any LoTMu that might be floating around. Your characters that you will create are looking to go big time. You must create a short write up on what there motivations are. You can use characters from the database that you already have, but I'd prefer completely new characters. Each challenge that you guys do will have its own set of rules. The winners of these challenges will be picked in various ways. Once five victors are decided they will become a team and can name themselves. They will be under the Sentinels flag, but they will have their own name. Once the winners are picked, they can create real characters for the database (not yet though). Then, I will most likely write their first adventure and we'll it them against the villain(s) of the team's choice or perhaps a poll to see who they face first. That should sum it up. I don't know when I am starting this Bison, but I'd like you to join. I might work around your exams. When are you done?

#16 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:47 AM

I got exams tomorrow, on the 10th, on the 13th, and on the 26th. I can start after the 13th if you'll allow me a couple of days off between the 23rd and the 26th.

#17 Hugo Fowl

Hugo Fowl

• Members
  • 7,162 posts
  • Interests:Discworld, Hellsing, Kingdom Hearts, writing, RP's, drama, etc.

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:11 AM

Hmmm.....Would joke characters be accepted, or are you looking for more serious types?

#18 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:07 AM

I hate RPing Treach... WHY ARE YOU TEMPTING ME SO??

#19 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:40 AM

I'm in. Debating on whether to use Superhouse for this one, but I think it would be awkward trying to play six people at once. Besides they already got their own fame. Might elevate one of them to their own street level slot, but I am not sure how to do it, or who to do it with.

Also coming up with other new ideas that might convince me to go the brand new route. If only I had street level slots left...sigh...

#20 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:06 PM

I'm sorely tempted to put in an FPLverse variant of one of my S7 people. Kitti or Machismo would be the obvious choices as none of you have really seen them before, but it's so very tempting to remake Madelyn Dark again. The only thing holding me back is the actual RP thing. Maybe I'll read through some of the old RPs and see if it's something I'd commit to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users