Galactic being brawl

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Poll: Galactic Brawl (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins?

1. Thanos (8 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

2. Darkseid (1 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

3. Monarch (3 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

4. Superboy Prime (6 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

5. Champion of the Universe (Power Gem) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. RuneKingThor (4 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

7. War Hulk (3 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

8. Mister Majestic (0 votes [0.00%])

9. Ion Entity (1 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

10. Captain Marvel (Billy Batson w/ Shazam powers) (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:32 PM

so you expect people to vote other wise jsut because? Thats more fanboyism than saying Thanos wins with no explanation.

Personally Darkseid is not on Thanos's level. his eye beams are cool, but how many times has a power said to be ubber and then someone weaker beats him?
Surfer has unlimited energy supply, but people beat him. Captain America has fighting 7 and still loses. etc.. If we took everything DC or Marvel said no one would exist, everyone would be killed off every issue.

When have I ever said, that I expected people to do Anything "just because" ?

Quite the contrary, I expect people to at least Attempt being objective.

There was a debate going, even before anyone had voted. If someone believes Thanos wins, then I would expect them to voice their opinion(that thanos wins) and give some actual Reason, for why he would win.

however, as I said, the main reason that Thanos has the most votes, yet no one that actually makes any Posts in favor of him, is because there are a lot of Thanos fanboys, and they have no arguments that actually support him winning.

As for "Personally Darkseid is not on Thanos's level.", their 'level' is not a matter of personal opinion. both of them have stated powers and capabilities and a long list of feats.

That Darkseid is, in terms of power and capabilities, superior to Thanos, is simply a matter of the facts.

Who is the more interesting character, or who is the 'better' character, now that is a completely subjective thing and a matter of personal opinion. In terms of who is more interesting, I can easily agree that Thanos is at least close to Darkseid's equal. But that is not what is up for debate.

I'll repeat: That Darkseid is, in terms of power and capabilities, superior to Thanos, is simply a matter of the facts.

If people are incapable of being objective, then they should stay away from debates.

#42 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:55 PM

If people are incapable of being objective, then they should stay away from debates.

exactly, hey people stop letting your bias blind you, anything Thanos is capable of DS can do and more

#43 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:23 PM

Here is the difference between Darkseid and Thanos.

Darkseid: Written bad. WTF was Final Crisis? Horrible

Thanos: Written good like a villian of his caliber should be.

#44 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:36 PM

Here is the difference between Darkseid and Thanos.

Darkseid: Written bad. WTF was Final Crisis? Horrible

Thanos: Written good like a villian of his caliber should be.

Thats an opinon. I personally like Final Crisis. It just showed what kind of mastermind Darkseid is. Thanos is a universal threat and Darkseid is a proven multiverse threat. (52 universe threat to be exact) Darksied even manipulated the Monitors that thought they could see any and everything.

#45 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:47 AM

When have I ever said, that I expected people to do Anything "just because" ?

Quite the contrary, I expect people to at least Attempt being objective.

There was a debate going, even before anyone had voted. If someone believes Thanos wins, then I would expect them to voice their opinion(that thanos wins) and give some actual Reason, for why he would win.

however, as I said, the main reason that Thanos has the most votes, yet no one that actually makes any Posts in favor of him, is because there are a lot of Thanos fanboys, and they have no arguments that actually support him winning.

As for "Personally Darkseid is not on Thanos's level.", their 'level' is not a matter of personal opinion. both of them have stated powers and capabilities and a long list of feats.

That Darkseid is, in terms of power and capabilities, superior to Thanos, is simply a matter of the facts.

Who is the more interesting character, or who is the 'better' character, now that is a completely subjective thing and a matter of personal opinion. In terms of who is more interesting, I can easily agree that Thanos is at least close to Darkseid's equal. But that is not what is up for debate.

I'll repeat: That Darkseid is, in terms of power and capabilities, superior to Thanos, is simply a matter of the facts.

haha I was not commenting on you personally, but was only referring to this but replied to you. I know that Thanos being "personally on a higher level" is not a reason to why, but from what I read, Darkseid is not on his level. Thanos is for sure smarter, able to hatch plans better, might not be "as" powerful" but his intelligence makes up for it.

Infinity War, Infinity Crusade, Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity Watch, read ALL of them, plus Thanos's Quest both 1 and 2. I am not speaking about just their writing, or drawings, I am speaking about powers, capabilities, and even their ability to look at with amazement. Darkseid just falls short, (down stairs actually) haha jk. anyway, this was not a diss to you, in fact I replied to you because I like your debates/arguments.

#46 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:21 PM

haha I was not commenting on you personally, but was only referring to this but replied to you. I know that Thanos being "personally on a higher level" is not a reason to why, but from what I read, Darkseid is not on his level. Thanos is for sure smarter, able to hatch plans better, might not be "as" powerful" but his intelligence makes up for it.

Infinity War, Infinity Crusade, Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity Watch, read ALL of them, plus Thanos's Quest both 1 and 2. I am not speaking about just their writing, or drawings, I am speaking about powers, capabilities, and even their ability to look at with amazement. Darkseid just falls short, (down stairs actually) haha jk. anyway, this was not a diss to you, in fact I replied to you because I like your debates/arguments.

Whenever people bring up Darkseid falling down the stairs, I can't help bringing up the fact that Thanos got his arse kicked by Squirrel Girl.

I have read the Infinity Saga and Thanos' Quest.

But in terms of intelligence, the best Thanos has managed, is to outsmart the Grandmaster.

In comparison, Darkseid manipulated 52 universes and orchestrated the events that led up to the war between the Monarch and the Monitors. In terms of planning and intelligence, there is simply nothing Thanos has done that measures up to that.

And in terms of pure power, the only feats of Thanos', that measures up to Darkseid's high-end feats, were done with the use of various artifacts(inifity gems/gauntlet, heart of the universe, power orb, etc.).

#47 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:37 PM

Whenever people bring up Darkseid falling down the stairs, I can't help bringing up the fact that Thanos got his arse kicked by Squirrel Girl.

I have read the Infinity Saga and Thanos' Quest.
I am sure the In-Betweener, Eternity and Galactus, along with Reed Richards, Doom etc. count as well. Plus he took something that was guarded by high end people.

But in terms of intelligence, the best Thanos has managed, is to outsmart the Grandmaster.
Thats all you got? I doubt that is true, I think Eternity, Galactus, Dr. Strange, Doom, Kang, would be considered more intelligent

In comparison, Darkseid manipulated 52 universes and orchestrated the events that led up to the war between the Monarch and the Monitors. In terms of planning and intelligence, there is simply nothing Thanos has done that measures up to that.
That is impressive, but Marvel has alternate universes too, Thanos could would have no problem doing the same thing if Marvel expressed alternate earths more, we have Ultimate etc, but rarely do they ever cross paths

And in terms of pure power, the only feats of Thanos', that measures up to Darkseid's high-end feats, were done with the use of various artifacts(inifity gems/gauntlet, heart of the universe, power orb, etc.).

not disputing that, but it is his intelligence mixed with his invulnerability that allows him to obtain those items. I mean why else would Doom not be able to get them, he def wants power

#48 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:59 PM

The problem of when he gained the infinity gems the first time is that he took them from beings who didnt even know they worked. He used bribery for the first gem. Outsmarted the idiot Champion for the second and then used those gems to take the third and then the three to take the forth and so on. Without the gems, Thanos has not shown him self to be on Darkseid level one time in his entire life without a power up of some sort.

#49 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:53 PM

The problem of when he gained the infinity gems the first time is that he took them from beings who didnt even know they worked. He used bribery for the first gem. Outsmarted the idiot Champion for the second and then used those gems to take the third and then the three to take the forth and so on. Without the gems, Thanos has not shown him self to be on Darkseid level one time in his entire life without a power up of some sort.

I know, to his defense, no one knew of them except maybe Death and other beings. Thanos "figured" it out, was able to get them, take over the Universe, and all with his own machinations of his mind. Really ask yourself this, how much time and effort was needed to hear of the Gems, know how to locate them, get them and take over the universe. He has Cosmic Beings watching the universe and he did it.

Especially if people say Darkseid is that much better, well then he should have no problems doing what he does, since Thanos is to some considered weaker, less intelligent, him doing what he did was even more impressing.

Thats like if you are 7'2" and dunking, not a big deal, but if you are 5'4" and are dunking, much more impressive right?

#50 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:54 AM

I know, to his defense, no one knew of them except maybe Death and other beings. Thanos "figured" it out, was able to get them, take over the Universe, and all with his own machinations of his mind. Really ask yourself this, how much time and effort was needed to hear of the Gems, know how to locate them, get them and take over the universe. He has Cosmic Beings watching the universe and he did it.

Especially if people say Darkseid is that much better, well then he should have no problems doing what he does, since Thanos is to some considered weaker, less intelligent, him doing what he did was even more impressing.

Thats like if you are 7'2" and dunking, not a big deal, but if you are 5'4" and are dunking, much more impressive right?

It would be impressive if the well of eternity or infinity well or whatever the well is called did not show him where they were, what the could do, and the best way to go about it. He had questions, he looked into the well, and then it gave him the answers.

#51 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:24 AM

It would be impressive if the well of eternity or infinity well or whatever the well is called did not show him where they were, what the could do, and the best way to go about it. He had questions, he looked into the well, and then it gave him the answers.

but you are not addressing the fact that he had to find that well, that only Death knew about about.

#52 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:55 AM

but you are not addressing the fact that he had to find that well, that only Death knew about about.

No. Death showed him when she brought him back to life and allowed him to use it because it was in her lair.

#53 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:46 PM

No. Death showed him when she brought him back to life and allowed him to use it because it was in her lair.

Communicating through her minions, Death questions Thanos as to why he delays on performing the task she set before him to remove 50% of the population of the universe. Thanos replies that he has a plan to expedite the task but he must proceed cautiously to accomplish it. He reveals that he is in need of six soul gems (or rather 'infinity' gems as he so aptly renames them after learning their true power by gazing into the infinity well) to enhance himself even further than what Death has done to him. Death has doubts but he convinces her by telling her that the In-Betweener will be the first person he confronts. Death accepts Thanos' plan welcoming the plan of humiliating the In-Betweener for past deeds occurred between him and herself.

He still had a plan, sorry I mis typed it. a brilliant plan

#54 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:20 AM

After Champion nearly destroyed his force field in a couple of blows. He admits that in a pure strength battle he would lose. He also remarks that that is why he avoids a straight on fight with the Hulk as well. He then goes on to say that for all the strength the two posses they are dimwitted. Its all in Silver Surfer: Rebirth of Thanos when he confronts Champion.

He doesn't have to be able to beat him in a fight to take the gem away from him.

As I said, he could teleport in, grab the gem, teleport out.

Thats an opinon. I personally like Final Crisis. It just showed what kind of mastermind Darkseid is. Thanos is a universal threat and Darkseid is a proven multiverse threat. (52 universe threat to be exact) Darksied even manipulated the Monitors that thought they could see any and everything.

I have never seen anything that suggests Darkseid caused the events of Final Crisis to come about due to his planning, it always says it's because of his "fall"(off the steps perhaps... :ph34r: sorry, but that never seems to get old).

#55 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:17 AM

He doesn't have to be able to beat him in a fight to take the gem away from him.

As I said, he could teleport in, grab the gem, teleport out.

I have never seen anything that suggests Darkseid caused the events of Final Crisis to come about due to his planning, it always says it's because of his "fall"(off the steps perhaps... :ph34r: sorry, but that never seems to get old).

1. According to Thanos himself, he said he couldn't beat Champion in a fight and he had to trick him into giving him the gem.

2. You have never seen anything about him planning it all other than the fact that the entire Final Crisis series was about his manipulation of the universes. It also showed dozens of times how he was moving figures around on a chess board (Superman, Monarch, Monitor, Batman, etc.) He was putting the figures into place and the universe did exactly what he needed done. He gave the nudges in just the right places to effectively manipulate all 52 universes.

#56 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:32 AM

The fact that Thanos has eight votes saddens me.

#57 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:40 PM

The fact that Thanos has eight votes saddens me.

It shows the complete unrational thought of at minimum 8 people on here. I mean, look at the other people who have votes as well.

Hulk and Monarch have 3 votes, Thor has 4 and Darkseid only has 1. Like I stated earlier, I personally would gave my vote to Monarch for his pure power of 31 Captain Atoms and Major Force.

#58 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:04 PM

1. According to Thanos himself, he said he couldn't beat Champion in a fight and he had to trick him into giving him the gem.

2. You have never seen anything about him planning it all other than the fact that the entire Final Crisis series was about his manipulation of the universes. It also showed dozens of times how he was moving figures around on a chess board (Superman, Monarch, Monitor, Batman, etc.) He was putting the figures into place and the universe did exactly what he needed done. He gave the nudges in just the right places to effectively manipulate all 52 universes.

To answer #1 I have that and Thanos said that he couldn't when he had the power gem. nuff said

#2 Thanos has done that too. DC has the whole 52 universe, Marvel doesn't or else I am sure he could too. I think having 52 universes is weak sauce at writing the same thing and not making it old. Simply speaking from my own opinion. It is what writers call recylcing

#59 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:09 PM

1. He mentioned that his power kept escalating and gave the impression that he wouldn't choose to fight him(were it not for his need of the power gem), but I don't think he actually said that he couldn't beat him. And he certainly didn't say that tricking him how he did was the only way he could aquire the gem. Again, he doesn't need to physically beat him to take the gem away from him.

2. In Final Crisis it only kept saying that it was his fall that was putting the multiverse in jeopardy, not his plans. Not to mention that much of what he accomplished there was due to the Anti-Life Equation, which plays the same role that the Infinity Gauntlet did for Thanos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users