Galactic being brawl

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Poll: Galactic Brawl (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins?

1. Thanos (8 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

2. Darkseid (1 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

3. Monarch (3 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

4. Superboy Prime (6 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

5. Champion of the Universe (Power Gem) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. RuneKingThor (4 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

7. War Hulk (3 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

8. Mister Majestic (0 votes [0.00%])

9. Ion Entity (1 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

10. Captain Marvel (Billy Batson w/ Shazam powers) (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:55 PM

When Thanos went up against Odin, he was knocked around like a ragdoll, despite wielding the Reality Gem.

1. He wasn't wielding the Reality Gem at all in that fight. I don't believe there's any strong evidence that he even had it with him at that time, though I could be wrong.

2. Thanos is much smarter and craftier than any other combantant listed(the only one close being Darkseid). He wouldn't just dive right into a brawl to the death with these guys, he'd turn them against eachother and have them whittle themselves down before he closed in to fight the last few left.

3. If Champion has the Power Gem, then Thanos would obviously make retrieving it his topmost priority as soon as the fight begins. With the Power Gem Thanos could easily defeat the majority of those listed.

Hmm I don't know, Ion should win this. The only time we have seen the full extent of the ION entity was with Kyle Rayner, which showed a power far beyond any being in this category.

Again, this was was Kyle Rayner + Ion + all of the power of the Central Power Battery that Hal Jordan as Parallax had left.

Ion itself doesn't not grant that ridiculous level of power. Always thinking of Ion at this power level is like always thinking of Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet.

In regards to the fight itself: if it is simply a gigantic brawl, I think I'd go with Thor having the highest chance of victory closely followed by Monarch and Superboy Prime.

#22 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:08 PM

I would just like to point out that if Champion wasn't a complete idiot, he could defeat Thanos. When he defeated Champion in Silver Surfer Rebirth, it was because he outsmarted himself. He admits to himself in thoughts that his wits are what give him the win. Champion doent even know the power gem works. He thinks its just a jewel.

What if someone else defeats him and gains the gem?

#23 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:13 PM

Champion doent even know the power gem works. He thinks its just a jewel.

True, but he still subconsciously taps into it's unending power supply.

What if someone else defeats him and gains the gem?

Thor and Hulk are the only other two here who even know of the Power Gem's significance, and Hulk doesn't stand a chance of getting there before Thanos. But Thor probably could, although I'm not sure that he would notice it quick enough. But obviously I already said Thor would likely win, so if he get's the Power Gem that just seals the deal.

#24 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:20 PM

True, but he still subconsciously taps into it's unending power supply.

I was just saying he tricked Champion into giving it to him because he couldnt phyiscally take it from him.

#25 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:35 PM

I was just saying he tricked Champion into giving it to him because he couldnt phyiscally take it from him.

He tricked Champion because it amused him and it made for a more interesting story.

He could have easily teleported in while Champion was busy fighting against those armies, grabbed the gem, and teleported out again.

#26 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:59 PM

Well I know I voted for Prime.

But what 3 people voted for Thanos?

People have said Rune Thor and Monarch.

I said Prime because at full power and pissed off he rampaged through Universes.

He killed every hero and villian in mulitple Universes.

If Prime goes about it the way he did in 52 rather then cocky in Legion of Three Worlds he wins.

Its been shown in Infinity Crisis and 52 if Prime is pissed off as well at full power he is nearly unstoppable.

Not only that Prime almost never loses at brawls

Except against Kon El. (Which is ok since I like Kon El)

#27 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 26 April 2011 - 05:46 PM

Question how would Superboy Prime do against Odin? If I heard right Prime is only affected by Earth Prime Magic, so would that render Odnis attack useless (magic ones that is)?

#28 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:12 PM

Question how would Superboy Prime do against Odin? If I heard right Prime is only affected by Earth Prime Magic, so would that render Odnis attack useless (magic ones that is)?

To be honest Prime is not affect by magic period if I am correct.

If Prime is at 100% and he has the suit he had in Infinite Crisis.

Prime stands a chance of defeating Odin in my view.

#29 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:08 PM

He tricked Champion because it amused him and it made for a more interesting story.

He could have easily teleported in while Champion was busy fighting against those armies, grabbed the gem, and teleported out again.

Thanos admits in the comic that without trickery he would physically be unable to take the gem from him.

#30 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:34 PM

Yet 5 people voted for Thanos and he is winning.

I find that stupid when everyone has said Thanos would lose in a brawl between the guys
on this list.

#31 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:19 AM

Yet 5 people voted for Thanos and he is winning.

I find that stupid when everyone has said Thanos would lose in a brawl between the guys
on this list.

That because there are a lot of Thanos fanboys.

But because they don't actually have any arguments to support Thanos winning, they just vote instead of joining the debate.

#32 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:55 AM

I personally think Monarch would win. He was toying with Prime and then Prime went crazy and Monarch simply underestimated how strong he had become after absorbing a guardians energy. He easily defeated multiple Supermen, WonderWomen, Jonn Jonzz, Flash, GL, and Lobo in a matter of minutes without breaking a sweat. All Prime managed to do was pry up a piece of armor and the result destroyed a universe. The key is that energy is never destroyed, it can only be transfered. So eventually he will be back when another suit can be formed.

#33 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:41 AM

Thanos admits in the comic that without trickery he would physically be unable to take the gem from him.

Where?

I did not find a mention of that anywhere.

1. He's not weak to magic, but magic can still affect him. This means he still has his invulnerability when targeted by magical attacks(unlike Superman), but still, his invulnerability is not completely limitless.

2. This extends to all magic(as far as I know) even Earth Prime magic.

This basically just means that Odin couldn't score an easy sort of Kryptoniteish win, he would actually have to overpower Prime, which I think it's possible he could do.

#34 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:29 AM

Lol, Thanos is tied for the lead!

#35 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:35 AM

Magic does nothing to Prime.

One example is in Legion of Three Worlds when one of the Legion tried to use powerful magic
on him.

Prime laughed and killed her.

He then joked hocus pocus I made a Legion disappear.

LOL

#36 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:09 PM

Magic does nothing to Prime.

One example is in Legion of Three Worlds when one of the Legion tried to use powerful magic
on him.

This is because he has a very high level of invulnerability.

#37 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:02 PM

Where?

I did not find a mention of that anywhere.

After Champion nearly destroyed his force field in a couple of blows. He admits that in a pure strength battle he would lose. He also remarks that that is why he avoids a straight on fight with the Hulk as well. He then goes on to say that for all the strength the two posses they are dimwitted. Its all in Silver Surfer: Rebirth of Thanos when he confronts Champion.

#38 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:49 PM

Not if it's a straight-up brawl. In this kind of fight he gets taken out pretty quickly. Maybe if there was Prep-Time he could get his hands on one of his Power-Up artifacts, but to be honest I still don't think he would win in that scenario.
The likes of Darkseid and Monarch could do better things with Prep-Time than Thanos.

what? I laugh at this, Thanos can pretty much do anything he wants. Darkseid gets taken out by Batman,

Thanos is just as powerful as Darkseid and is WAYYYYY smarter, I mean WAY.

#39 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:56 PM

That because there are a lot of Thanos fanboys.

But because they don't actually have any arguments to support Thanos winning, they just vote instead of joining the debate.

so you expect people to vote other wise jsut because? Thats more fanboyism than saying Thanos wins with no explanation.

Personally Darkseid is not on Thanos's level. his eye beams are cool, but how many times has a power said to be ubber and then someone weaker beats him?
Surfer has unlimited energy supply, but people beat him. Captain America has fighting 7 and still loses. etc.. If we took everything DC or Marvel said no one would exist, everyone would be killed off every issue.

#40 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:18 PM

so you expect people to vote other wise jsut because? Thats more fanboyism than saying Thanos wins with no explanation.

Personally Darkseid is not on Thanos's level. his eye beams are cool, but how many times has a power said to be ubber and then someone weaker beats him?
Surfer has unlimited energy supply, but people beat him. Captain America has fighting 7 and still loses. etc.. If we took everything DC or Marvel said no one would exist, everyone would be killed off every issue.

only problem with your logic is that it has none. There is nothing that Thanos has done or has the ability to do that Darkseid has either done better or has the ability to exceed Thanos in every way. Until Thanos can manipulate an entire 52 universes without anyone knowing, he has nothing on Darkseid. Thanos has no great feat of any kind without an artifact that Darkseid is not superior in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users