• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:49 PM

Hello all. Work/School is rearing its head so I'll be busy for a time. We'll start this off soon though.

Good luck and HURRAY! SO hugo how does the lineup look so far?...also...I can has items? :P

#42 Hugo Fowl

Hugo Fowl

I am One with the Ferret.

• Members
  • 7,162 posts
  • Interests:Discworld, Hellsing, Kingdom Hearts, writing, RP's, drama, etc.

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:48 PM

Good luck and HURRAY! SO hugo how does the lineup look so far?...also...I can has items? :P

I'll be presenting those upon perusal, as well as giving one free skill depending on the background you all gave me.

#43 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:09 PM

I'll be presenting those upon perusal, as well as giving one free skill depending on the background you all gave me.

:D ! :P! HURRAH!

#44 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:32 PM

Hugo is being generous?...*RUNS AWAY*....ITS A TRAP!!!!!!

#45 skykorean

skykorean

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts
  • Interests:Video games,Comics, World of Darkness, and still god...deal with it.

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:43 PM

('o' ) that is cool, I hope I get one. (Didn't really make a good one in my view)

#46 Hugo Fowl

Hugo Fowl

• Members
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:45 PM

Name: Jacoba Le Diablo

Backstory: To be delivered in bits and pieces as the story progresses.

Informative fact of the day: Have finished the game Assassins Creed II with all bonus, except for those damned feathers and a few treasures. Such is life. Also, will be updating on this eventually. In the meantime, work on your backstory for those who hadn't done so yet.

#47 bobisbeast

bobisbeast

The FPL's favorite CBUBer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:05 PM

Did Bio.

#48 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:09 PM

Name: Jacoba Le Diablo

Backstory: To be delivered in bits and pieces as the story progresses.

Informative fact of the day: Have finished the game Assassins Creed II with all bonus, except for those damned feathers and a few treasures. Such is life. Also, will be updating on this eventually. In the meantime, work on your backstory for those who hadn't done so yet.

WOOT! A le Diablo, this partys getting started now :P........I WANT THE BIO NOW :D

#49 skykorean

skykorean

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,206 posts
  • Interests:Video games,Comics, World of Darkness, and still god...deal with it.

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:48 PM

WOOT! A le Diablo, this partys getting started now :P........I WANT THE BIO NOW :D

Diablo and a Remington. The original family starter :P

#50 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:15 PM

Quick question before I overcome the procrastination monster and actually create a character: Exactly what year does this begin in? Post World War 2? Sorry if this has already been answered and I missed it.

Also, I'm assuming that the master-level skills require the lower-level skills as prerequisites?

#51 skykorean

skykorean

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:26 PM

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE hugos answer the question so ignore my dumbness

#52 Hugo Fowl

Hugo Fowl

• Members
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:44 PM

Quick question before I overcome the procrastination monster and actually create a character: Exactly what year does this begin in? Post World War 2? Sorry if this has already been answered and I missed it.

Also, I'm assuming that the master-level skills require the lower-level skills as prerequisites?

To the first, no this is WWII. Pre-D day.

Also, yes the Master-Level skills do require the lower level skills.

#53 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:17 PM

Carter Alexander Redfield

Appearance: White, with tanned skin. He stands at 6'2", weighing roughly 225 lbs. His hair is dark brown and close-cropped, while his eyes are a dull gray. He has a very athletic, rather muscular build.

Attributes

Health: 14

Sanity: 12

Strength: 16

Dexterity: 18

Intelligence: 5

Charisma: 5

Skills

-- Martial Arts

-- Firearm Proficiency (Novice)

Background: In 1921, Carter was born in Georgia. His father, Jack, was a former Marine and veteran of World War One. From Jack, Carter picked up a multitude of combat and survival skills during his childhood and adolescent years: marksmanship and firearms handling, physical conditioning, hand-to-hand combat, land navigation, wilderness survival -- Carter learned all of this and more.

In 1939, with the possibility of war looming, Carter graduated high school. Frustrated by his country's inaction in the face of the Axis, Redfield traveled to France and enlisted with the French Foreign Legion. He performed well during boot camp and basic infantry training, graduating and going on to spend roughly two years with the 13th Demi-Brigade.

Redfield served with distinction in the legionnaires throughout the Battles of Narvik. When given the choice being continuing to fight under the banner of the Free French or repatriating to the Axis-friendly Vichy government, Carter and many other legionnaires chose the former. The Free French Demi-Brigade subsequently participated in the invasion of Gabon, East African Campaign, and the Syria-Lebanon Campaign. He was wounded while battling Vichy forces during the latter.

Redfield earned multiple French military decorations during his time in the Legion and was honorably discharged in late 1941. He traveled back to the United States, settling down temporarily in Iowa, where he recovered from the injury and enlisted with the Army National Guard's 34th Infantry Division. Carter's combat experience was put to use training the Division's troops. In 1942, following the entrance of the United States into the conflict, his unit was shipped to the United Kingdom.

Shortly after arriving, Redfield (now a Corporal) received word that a special force of "Army Rangers" was being established. He promptly volunteered. Carter was one of the few handpicked volunteers inducted into the 1st Ranger Battalion. Following the completion of rigorous training under the tutelage of battle-hardened British Commandos unit at a specialized camp in Scotland, his unit was the first American military force to see action in the European Theater. Redfield and a small number of other Rangers participated in the ill-fated Dieppe Raid in France, which Carter narrowly survived. However, his unit redeemed itself in the following months with a series of daring but successful raids in North Africa, Sicily, and the Italian mainland, earning a Presidential Unit Citation in the process.

By late 1943, Carter had been awarded the Purple Heart and Bronze Star, in addition to having become a Sergeant and leader of a rifle squad. However, in early 1944, Redfield's entire battalion was nearly destroyed in Italy, deep behind enemy lines. The Rangers were ambushed by a numerically superior force of Axis armor, infantry, and artillery. During the battle, Carter witnessed the death, incapacitation, or capture of each of his commanding officers.

He rallied the remaining Rangers, who tenaciously held the line for hours, inflicting terrible casualties on the Axis despite being outnumbered and outgunned. In the end, Carter was forced to lead the six surviving men from the battlefield, narrowly slipping away from German patrols. The rest of the 767 soldiers within the Ranger force were killed or captured. For his valorous and meritorious actions during the incident, Carter was awarded the Silver Star as well as a second Purple Heart. In addition, he received a battlefield commission, thus becoming a 2nd Lieutenant.

Redfield was shortly thereafter transferred and placed under the command of the Office of Strategic Services. After receiving limited training at Camp X, he was slated for service with an OSS Operational Group. However, shortly before his OG's deployment, he was unceremoniously removed from the unit's rosters. Redfield was simply told that he was being pulled for a "special assignment"...

#54 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,441 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, fencing, and more.

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:19 PM

Carter Alexander Redfield

Appearance: Caucasian, with tanned skin. He stands at 6'4 1/2", weighing roughly 250 lbs. He is relatively clean-shaven, with short dark brown hair and gray eyes. He has a very athletic, somewhat muscular build.

Attributes

Health: 12

Sanity: 10

Strength: 16

Dexterity: 17

Intelligence: 8

Charisma: 7

Background: Carter was born in the United States in 1922. His father, Jack Redfield, was a former Marine and veteran of multiple armed conflicts. Just as his father had taught him, Jack served as mentor to Carter in the ways of combat. Marksmanship, high-pressure firearms handling, hand-to-hand combat, wilderness survival -- Carter learned all of this and more, starting at a very young age.

In 1940, with the possibility of war looming, Carter enlisted in the United States Army. He impressed several with his skills and talent in training. When World War 2 finally broke out, Carter was stationed in Northern Ireland with an infantry unit. When it was announced that a special unit of "Army Rangers" would be created, Carter quickly volunteered. He was quickly chosen and commissioned as a Corporal in the 1st Ranger Battalion. After training under the tutelage of elite British Commandos, his battalion was deployed into combat in North Africa and Italy.

His unit suffered severe casualties, with Carter being one of the relatively few survivors of the initial 500 volunteers. However, he served with distinction, earning multiple commendations. In 1943, he heard of another elite unit being created in the Pacific Theater and requested a transfer rather than remain in one of the broken-up Ranger battalions. His request was granted, and he was shipped to India to join the 5307th Composite Unit -- the unit that would come to be known as Merrill's Marauders. He participated in multiple long-range, deep-penetration raids far behind enemy lines in Burma.

After earning a Bronze Star and the attention of the Office of Strategic Services, he was quickly pulled out of the action for a reason unbeknownst to him. He was simply told that he was being pulled for a "special assignment"...

Skills

-- Martial Arts

-- Firearm Proficiency (Novice)

I seem to remember hunting his father down in "The Most Dangerous Game"

#55 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:42 PM

Thats why you gotta love RPs <_<. Never know whatll happen.

#56 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:06 PM

I have no idea what you're talking about... <_<

In all seriousness, it's no coincidence. Same Jack and all.

#57 Hugo Fowl

Hugo Fowl

• Members
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:40 PM

Monday, we begin.

#58 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,441 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, fencing, and more.

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:25 AM

Cool

#59 Hugo Fowl

Hugo Fowl

• Members
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:52 PM

Sorry, this gotta be moved a bit more. Life. <_<

#60 skykorean

skykorean

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:52 PM

Sorry, this gotta be moved a bit more. Life. <_<

That is ok, we wait patiently

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users