• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#21 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:10 PM

Ignore this post... Was a duplicate of my last post. We need a delete button.

#22 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:33 PM

Man, I gots to get me MvC3...

#23 shellsbut

shellsbut

Nuking the site from orbit

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:13 AM

Time for an over haul in the definitions of figures I say.

biggest complaint still seems to be class 100 strength. 100 tons is nothing and Marvel says oh well it means at least 100 tons but when it comes to placing characters in respected Universes against eachother it is really misleading. How many times has it been said

Yeah Thor/Hulk/Surfer are class 100 but X or Y is class 1 000 000. 000 tons is such a low figures for powerhouse Marvel characters. Hell they have class 80-90 characters routinly doing class 10 000 feats or more. It's just plain weird given how charactershave developed over the years. The same can be said for other rankings/catagories be it speed stamina and on. Thye should change with the times.

#24 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:10 AM

I don't know... Last time I checked, Capcom doesn't have a power grid. If we're talking numericals, then Ryu's fighting capacity somewhere around 3000 if we account the Street Fighter II movie anime..

According to numerous game articles, Capcom and Marvel heavily collaborated to where several writers from Marvel were actually involved.

It seems highly likely to me that Marvel and Capcom collaborated on the Power Grids.

If this is indeed true, then Ryu's strength should be a 4 then. In the events of Street Fighter III: Third Strike, in Oro's ending, we see Ryu lifting an approximate two ton boulder and struggling, and Oro was on top of the boulder as well. However there might be an explanation to how Ryu's strength could've been boosted up to a six. I've one or two theories if a few are willing to listen.

-Rakai'Thwei

I want to hear them buddy..

I think it is because Ryu has entered the Marvel universe, wheich last time, he was powerful enough to shoot a large Hadoken as a super instead of just a a powerful one shot.

#25 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 02 April 2011 - 12:39 AM

Hmm, I'm surprised this topic isn't more busy.

I'm a little bored, so I think I'll try my hand at ranking another non-Marvel character.

Mind: 4 = Gifted
Aang picks up on things pretty quickly, such as new bending styles and spiritual matters.

Strength: 2 = Able to lift own body weight
Marvel bases its strength stats on what one can lift under his/her own muscle power. When not using bending, Aang is maybe a little stronger than the average 12-year old, but for all intents and purposes he's in the normal range.

Speed: 3 = Subsonic Superhuman peak velocity below Mach-1
Marvel bases its speed stats, however, on any abilities or equipment one has at hand. With his airbending, Aang is literally "as fast as the winds."

Durability: between 3 = Enhanced human and 5 = Bulletproof
Aang's earthbending gives him a formidable defense, much stronger than human, but not regenerative and not quite bulletproof.

Energy Projection: 6 = Able to discharge multiple forms of energy
Master of all bending styles and energybending says it all.

Fighting Ability: 6 = Master of several forms of combat
Since Aang's a master of all forms of bending, I was torn between giving him a 6 or 7, but in the end I went with a 6 because he doesn't know armed combat.

#26 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:36 AM

i have very few of them but i used to have a ton of those cards that came out of comics and action figures and some cereal boxes back then.
but i left all the cards that came out of action figures in my brothers glove box in his truck and he traded the truck in for a new one and i did not think to get them out.

#27 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,287 posts
  • Interests:Comics from the 90's. Movies. RPG's.

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:43 AM

I used to have all the series 3 cards. Also alot of the series 4. I know pretty much everyone's stats by heart as well.

Ryu's stats are waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy way off. He is no way in hell a 7 energy projection (that is Surfer, Pheonix class). 6 strength is far to high as well.
I would say this is a closer reading.

Strength: 3
IQ: 3
Energy Proj: 3
Mental Power: 2 (Chi or w/e)
Fighting Ability: 6 (he is not a master of EVERY martial art.. like say Batman)
Speed: 2 or 3

#28 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:11 PM

MVC3 is way off I agree,

Ryu would be

Intelligence 2 normal human, I doubt he knows calculus

Strength 4 in SF3 he had a large boulder on his back, now mind you that boulder looked at least 10 tons, and well he was just holding it there so he could probably max out even higher

Agility 5 he is a bullet timer thats a fo sho

Fighting Ability 6 even though he has only mastered his style, he has been able to incorporate other styles such as being able to counter, in essence, he is an MMA fighter

Durability 4 he can take powerful blasts that would destroy buildings, I am sure a sniper would kill him though so he cannot be a 5 or more

Speed 3 faster than a human, but not more so than Spiderman

and lastly

Energy Projection would be a 5 maybe 6 as he can shoot energy, but also use his chi to make his Shoryuken and Tatsumakisenpukyaku more powerful than just a regular flying uppercut and kick.

now lets do some with real people

I would be

Intelligence 2, normal hehe

Strength 3, I am happy to day I bench 250 and weigh 170, I am proud

Agility 2, I suck, not better than a guy who goes to the gym a lot and does BJJ and Kick Boxing (a little)

Fighting Ability 3.8 I am experience, but in no way a master at any of my styles

Durability 7 I am a god lol jk

Speed 2, normal for sure, although I can run a mile in 8 mins (well 8.25 min)

Energy Projection 0

#29 shellsbut

shellsbut

Nuking the site from orbit

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:46 PM

MVC3 is way off I agree,

Ryu would be

Intelligence 2 normal human, I doubt he knows calculus

Strength 4 in SF3 he had a large boulder on his back, now mind you that boulder looked at least 10 tons, and well he was just holding it there so he could probably max out even higher

Agility 5 he is a bullet timer thats a fo sho

Fighting Ability 6 even though he has only mastered his style, he has been able to incorporate other styles such as being able to counter, in essence, he is an MMA fighter

Durability 4 he can take powerful blasts that would destroy buildings, I am sure a sniper would kill him though so he cannot be a 5 or more

Speed 3 faster than a human, but not more so than Spiderman

and lastly

Energy Projection would be a 5 maybe 6 as he can shoot energy, but also use his chi to make his Shoryuken and Tatsumakisenpukyaku more powerful than just a regular flying uppercut and kick.

now lets do some with real people

I would be

Intelligence 2, normal hehe

Strength 3, I am happy to day I bench 250 and weigh 170, I am proud

Agility 2, I suck, not better than a guy who goes to the gym a lot and does BJJ and Kick Boxing (a little)

Fighting Ability 3.8 I am experience, but in no way a master at any of my styles

Durability 7 I am a god lol jk

Speed 2, normal for sure, although I can run a mile in 8 mins (well 8.25 min)

Energy Projection 0

there is no way Ryu can be a 5 or 6 for energy projection.

#30 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:57 PM

I want to hear them buddy..

I think it is because Ryu has entered the Marvel universe

You pretty much had hit one nail on the head. I think that while Ryu is indeed powerful in the Street Fighter universe (MVC 3 has revealed Street Fighter, RE, Megaman, Devil May Cry and Darkstalkers are separate universes which inhabit the Capcom multiverse), upon entering the Marvel universe, the physics in that world perhaps had more or less boosted his natural attributes to near Son Goku levels. I know this has been considered non-canon but one of the DC vs Marvel crossovers, Superman did say that the world of Marvel 616 was different than DC New Earth, going as far as to say that the sun felt more acidic, more greasy and that people's hearts beat way too fast.

Whatever this major temporal difference is in the Marvel universe, probably boosted up Ryu's natural abilities. His natural abilities probably had their restrictions flux to where more and more of his natural hidden ability, the Power of Nothingness, was further tapped into. Perhaps in the Marvel universe, he is as powerful as he strives to be, where as in the Street Fighter universe, he's not as powerful.

Anyway, getting away from that Ryu Power Grid...

Sephiroth

Intelligence: 4
Speed: 4 -- 5 w/ Materia
Durability: 3 -- 4/w Materia
Energy Projection: 1 -- 7 /w Materia
Fighting Ability: 5

Raphael (TMNT)

Intelligence 2
Speed: 2
Durability: 3
Energy Projection: 1
Fighting Ability: 4

Donatello (TMNT)

Intelligence 5

Leonardo (TMNT)

Intelligence 3

Michelangelo (TMNT)

Intelligence 2

-Rakai'Thwei

#31 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:14 AM

Turtles should have a 5 or 6 for fighting ability.

#32 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:05 PM

Turtles should have a 5 or 6 for fighting ability.

The Turtles are not masters. They're experienced, but they're not masters.

-Rakai'Thwei

#33 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:24 PM

No Wolverine is generally depicted as having some degree of superhuman strength(the extent of which varies from writer to writer and story to story). I believe at one time he lifted and threw 12 men or something with one arm, certainly above peak human.

i think Batman would be class 4 as well, he has been shown to bench 1,000 lbs

#34 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:27 PM

Fighting Ability: 6 = Master of several forms of combat
Since Aang's a master of all forms of bending, I was torn between giving him a 6 or 7, but in the end I went with a 6 because he doesn't know armed combat.

I wouldn't say that, he does fight with a staff, also he can tap into his past lives if needed and they fought with swords and what not

#35 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:38 PM

Some more Non-Marvel character power grids.. I think we need a new thread for this.

-Rakai'Thwei

Sailor Moon

Intelligence: 2
Strength: 2
Speed: 3
Energy Projection: 5

Sailor Mars

Intelligence: 3

Sailor Mercury

Intelligence: 5

Sailor Jupiter

Intelligence: 3

Sailor Venus

Intelligence: 2

#36 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:31 PM

Ah, the topic's picked up in my absence. :)

Some more Non-Marvel character power grids.. I think we need a new thread for this.

Oh, I don't know, Rakai. This is still within the realm of the topic of discussing Marvel's power grids, IMO.

i think Batman would be class 4 as well, he has been shown to bench 1,000 lbs

Cap has been seen benching 1,100 and he's still considered peak human. Also, strength for Marvel is determined by overhead pressing, with is much tougher than benching, so their maxes in that regard may be a good deal less.

#37 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:38 PM

Oh, I don't know, Rakai. This is still within the realm of the topic of discussing Marvel's power grids, IMO.

Heh heh heh! Fair enough, here is another non-Marvel power grid.

-Rakai'Thwei

Ryu Hayabusa

Speed: 6
Durability: 4
Energy Projection: 6
Fighting Ability: 6

#38 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:46 PM

Heh heh heh! Fair enough, here is another non-Marvel power grid.

-Rakai'Thwei

Ryu Hayabusa

Speed: 6
Durability: 4
Energy Projection: 6
Fighting Ability: 6

No way in heck is Ryu a 6 in speed. He's a human. He fights demons, doesn't mean he is one. He's no faster than Usain Bolt and no stronger than Batman.

#39 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:01 PM

No way in heck is Ryu a 6 in speed. He's a human. He fights demons, doesn't mean he is one. He's no faster than Usain Bolt and no stronger than Batman.

Actually, according to this source, he can move fast as light:

http://ninjagaiden.w...s_.26_Abilities

And yes, Ryu is human, but he isn't exactly a normal human being given the fact that his lineage is descended from Dragons, as told in Ninja Gaiden lore.

-Rakai'Thwei

#40 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:40 PM

BATMAN
Intelligence: 5
Strength: 3 or 4