#1 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:14 PM

I had this in my harddrive because I used it in the creation of a few RP's I did. So, I just figured I'd post it to the CBUB, because you guys like to debate over power levels and strength and things. By the way, I used to have every single Marvel Card with these stats. I still remember most of the Marvel Characters (circa: 199X) stats, so if anybody wants to know...Nightcrawler and Spidey were the only two heroes with Agility at 7 back then. Namor, Thing and Colossus had Strength at 6, Hulk 7 and 6 at resting (or Grey Hulk). Wolverine only had a 5 durability and let me see if I can remember anymore...um...oh yeah, Wolverine, Nick Fury and Cap were all level 7 fighters. Daredevil was level 6. I think Galactus had everything 7 except fighting ability which was absolutely unnecessary when you have everything else 7. Okay, enjoy using this to debate if you didn't already know it or have it.

MIND
The ability to think and process information
1 = Slow / Impaired
2 = Normal
3 = Learned
4 = Gifted
5 = Genius
6 = Super-Genius
7 = Omniscient

STRENGTH
The maximum ability to lift (press) weight over one's head (under optimal conditions)
1 = Weak: cannot lift own body weight.
2 = Normal: able to lift over own body weight, up to twice own body weight.
3 = Peak human: able to lift over twice own body weight, up to 800 lbs.
4 = Superhuman: Able to lift over 800 lbs., up to 25 tons. This range includes "enhanced human" (800 lbs to 2 tons), Class 10 (2 tons to 10 tons) and Class 25 (10 tons to 25 tons).
5 = Superhuman: Able to lift over 25 tons, up to 75 tons. This range includes Class 50 (up to 50 tons) and Class 75 (up to 75 tons).
6 = Superhuman: Able to lift over 75 tons, up to 100 tons.
7 = Incalculable: Able to lift in excess of 100 tons.

SPEED
The ability to move over land by running or flight
1 = Below normal
2 = Normal
3 = Subsonic Superhuman: peak velocity below Mach-1 (approximately 760 miles per hour)
4 = Speed of sound: peak velocity between Mach-1 to Mach-2
5 = Supersonic: peak velocity between Mach-2 to Orbital Velocity approximately 17,000 mph)
6 = Speed of light: peak velocity up to 186,000 miles per second
7 = Warp speed: transcending light speed or a teleporter(instantaneous travel)

DURABILITY
The ability to resist or recover from bodily injury
1 = Weak
2 = Normal
3 = Enhanced
4 = Regenerative
5 = Bulletproof
6 = Superhuman
7 = Virtually indestructible

ENERGY PROJECTION
The ability to discharge energy
1 = None
2 = Ability to discharge energy on contact
3 = Short range, short duration, single energy type
4 = Medium range, medium duration, single energy type
5 = Long range, long duration, single energy type
6 = Able to discharge multiple forms of energy
7 = Virtually unlimited command of all forms of energy

FIGHTING ABILITY
Proficiency in hand-to-hand combat
1 = Poor
2 = Normal
3 = Some training
4 = Experienced fighter
5 = Master of a single form of combat
6 = Master of several forms of combat
7 = Master of virtually all conventional forms of combat

#2 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:30 PM

Looks good to me, especially since it basically looks like a carbon copy of the one on the Wikia.

#3 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 07:47 PM

you forgot Agility and Spiderman was always a 6, Beast is a 6 too

I have a card that says

Agility
1-none
2-normal human
3-above average human
4-olympic gold medalist
5-cat-like agility
6- I can't read this one, it's all scratched up, but Spiderman is on this tier
7-intangible

I seen Wolverine be strength 4???? that is bull right? he is normal human, 3 at most,

#4 shellsbut

shellsbut

Nuking the site from orbit

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:21 PM

I can post the official MArvel stats for card sets. They are a bit different but close.

#5 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:42 PM

These have been Marvel's official power ratings since 2005. The ratings some of you guys are thinking about came before then. They had more expanded stats than these as well as agility, stamina, and other categories. And IIRC, in the old ratings system, regeneration was in a separate category from endurance.

If you have those older stats, shellsbut, it might be good to post them here for reference.

#6 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:10 PM

you forgot Agility and Spiderman was always a 6, Beast is a 6 too

Yeah, that's right. Beast, Nightcrawler and Spidey were a 6, not 7.

Here's the link from the set I pulled these listings from. Ooooold school.

http://marvel.com/im...s_2/image/83570

Awesome cards though.

#7 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:44 PM

Cool. Just curious, is Deadpool's fighting ability a 6 on this rating system too? And I don't suppose that card set included Spider-Man 2099, did it?

#8 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:19 PM

Yeah, these were awesome back in the day. I managed to collect all of the regular cards from the first three sets and a handful of the foil chase cards. Still have them in a box buried in my closet somewhere along with my X-Men cards. Cool stuff.

#9 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:30 PM

Yeah, that's right. Beast, Nightcrawler and Spidey were a 6, not 7.

Here's the link from the set I pulled these listings from. Ooooold school.

http://marvel.com/im...s_2/image/83570

Awesome cards though.

That's awesome man, I have the 1994-96 fleer cards, still mint condition. the good ol days

#10 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:55 PM

Okay, just for fun, I'll try measuring a couple of non-Marvel characters with these stats. Feel free to correct me if I'm a little off with some things.

Superman

Mind: 5 = Genius

Strength: 7 = Incalculable: over 100 tons

Speed: (most versions) 6 = peak velocity up to 186,000 miles per second; (other versions) 7 = warp speed: beyond light speed or a teleporter

Durability: 7 = Virtually indestructible

Energy Projection: 6 = Able to discharge multiple forms of energy

Fighting Ability: (most versions) 4 = Experienced; (other versions) 6 = Master of multiple forms of combat

Yaujta Predator (on average)

Mind: 4 = Gifted

Strength: 4 = Superhuman: 800 lbs. to 25 tons

Speed: 3 = Subsonic superhuman: peak velocity below Mach 1

Durability: 5 = Bulletproof

Energy Projection: 2 = Short range, short duration, single energy type; to 4 = Long range, long duration, single energy type (dependent on Yaujta rank)

Fighting Ability: 4 = Experienced; to 6 = Master of multiple forms of combat (dependent on Yaujta rank)

#11 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:46 AM

Superman

Mind: 5 = Genius

Energy Projection: 6 = Able to discharge multiple forms of energy

For current Superman I'd give him a 3(4 at best) in Mind. If you're going with Pre-Crisis then he should probably be a 6 with his "Super-Brain".

Energy Projection should be a 5 at best unless you're going with Superman Blue/Red, as normal Supes only has one form of energy discharge(heat vision).

Yaujta Predator (on average)

I only know the Predators from watching the movies so I could be wrong, but I was certainly under the impression that they were not bulletproof. Particularly because in the first movie the Predator was injured-by a bullet. And since they don't have any significant regen, I'd give them a 3.

The rest seems fairly accurate.

#12 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:00 AM

I seen Wolverine be strength 4???? that is bull right? he is normal human, 3 at most,

No Wolverine is generally depicted as having some degree of superhuman strength(the extent of which varies from writer to writer and story to story). I believe at one time he lifted and threw 12 men or something with one arm, certainly above peak human.

#13 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:33 PM

Energy Projection should be a 5 at best unless you're going with Superman Blue/Red, as normal Supes only has one form of energy discharge(heat vision).

I was also considering Supes's freeezing breath. And from what I've seen from Marvel characters rated with these stats, energy projection doesn't exclusively refer to energy used for attacking, so I was thinking maybe Kal's X-Ray vision, infrared vision, etc., could be counted as mastery of those energies.

I only know the Predators from watching the movies so I could be wrong, but I was certainly under the impression that they were not bulletproof. Particularly because in the first movie the Predator was injured-by a bullet. And since they don't have any significant regen, I'd give them a 3.

I've heard that some Yaujtas' armor is made of metals stronger than most Earth materials, so in my head I was conbining that their natural durability. I'm not 100% sure myself, so maybe we could defer to someone like Rakai about that.

#14 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:44 PM

Yautja Predator (on average)

Mind: 4 = Gifted

Strength: 4 = Superhuman: 800 lbs. to 25 tons

Speed: 3 = Subsonic superhuman: peak velocity below Mach 1

Energy Projection: 2 = Short range, short duration, single energy type; to 4 = Long range, long duration, single energy type (dependent on Yautja rank)

Fighting Ability: 4 = Experienced; to 6 = Master of multiple forms of combat (dependent on Yautja rank)

I would say that this is somewhat fairly accurate. However the durability would be at level 3 WITHOUT the armor. Predator 2 showed that Yautja skin is thick enough to shrug off small caliber bullets, and would take medium caliber to large caliber rounds to do some damage, the novels also go to show this as well as do some of the comics. Also, depending on the type of armor, and grade, it would go up in stats by one or two levels.

Also, you should check out some of the Capcom characters that Marvel has done power grids for. Look at Ryu, Akuma and Haggar's CBUB stats and galleries to see said power grids. For now, I'll post up Ryu's..

Posted Image

-Rakai'Thwei

#15 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:37 PM

The MvC 3 power grids are hilarious.

Fun game though.

#16 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:47 PM

The MvC 3 power grids are hilarious.

How are they hilarious?

-Rakai'Thwei

#17 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:54 PM

How are they hilarious?

-Rakai'Thwei

Ryu's strength is a 6, which means he should be able to lift over 75 tons :lol:

#18 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:58 PM

Surely, Capcom is not basing there power grids on Marvels. I'm sure they have their own set of power measurements.

#19 Opalord

Opalord

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:59 PM

I've been told the stats translate into actual gameplay stats somehow

#20 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:05 PM

Surely, Capcom is not basing there power grids on Marvels. I'm sure they have their own set of power measurements.

I don't know... Last time I checked, Capcom doesn't have a power grid. If we're talking numericals, then Ryu's fighting capacity somewhere around 3000 if we account the Street Fighter II movie anime..

According to numerous game articles, Capcom and Marvel heavily collaborated to where several writers from Marvel were actually involved.

It seems highly likely to me that Marvel and Capcom collaborated on the Power Grids.

If this is indeed true, then Ryu's strength should be a 4 then. In the events of Street Fighter III: Third Strike, in Oro's ending, we see Ryu lifting an approximate two ton boulder and struggling, and Oro was on top of the boulder as well. However there might be an explanation to how Ryu's strength could've been boosted up to a six. I've one or two theories if a few are willing to listen.

-Rakai'Thwei

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users