Photo
- - - - -

Multiverse mayhem! OOC And sign up thread.

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#21 Josh M prime

Josh M prime

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:26 PM

Not trying to be mean Josh, but have you actually read all of those books? Ford does many things that would put him on a higher level.

No, I never did. I just went by what i knew..which was shit from what i'm reading now

Kids, Always do a background check.

he's in.

#22 bobisbeast

bobisbeast

The FPL's favorite CBUBer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:28 PM

I thought you would understand, after a little research. Thanks

#23 Josh M prime

Josh M prime

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:31 PM

Now for the two NPC that will be assisting the team......

The team medic

Hanatarou Yamada

Posted Image

He tends to be clumsy and easily duped. Hanatarō's kind nature and nervousness results in him becoming the victim of many bullies and practical jokes. In fact, he states that he is "the most bullied kid in the world." Hanatarō's birthday is on the same day as Keigo Asano's, April 1, April Fools' Day. People spend the whole day tricking him as a result. According to Kon, he has a "boring but somehow popular with the ladies" look.

Despite Hanatarō's cowardly exterior, he is shown to be very bold at times. After hearing Rukia Kuchiki's story, he attempts to rescue her, despite her recent criminal record and noble heritage. After meeting Rukia's friend, Ichigo Kurosaki, Hanatarō decides to help Ichigo save Rukia, knowing that if he were to be caught he would be imprisoned for betrayal. After watching Ichigo fight for what he believes in, Hanatarō decides that he, too, wants to start playing a more important role rather than watching from the sidelines, and begins to carry his Zanpakutō with him.

The support.

Posted Image

Steel Spider

Ollie was an intelligent young teenager who idolized Doctor Octopus. He would make his own mechanical tentacles and run off doing some petty crime. Ollie knocked out an elderly guard and thought that he killed him. Spider-Man swung by and chased down Doc. Ock, but realized that this was not the real Doc. Ock because he fell in a tank of water and Spider-Man easily ripped his tentacles. Ollie began to idolize Spider-Man more that Doctor Octopus, which led to Ollie changing the octopus arms into spider-legs and donning the name Spider-Kid. More often that not his adventures ended in him being saved by Spider-Man. He even formed a short-lived superhero group with Frog-Man and Toad called "the Misfits".

After a while, Ollie gave up the idea of being a hero and went to college. There he managed to get girlfriend, however, he still often fantasized about still being a hero and still made adjustments and modifications to the mechanical spider-legs he once wore. He was finally given his opportunity when his girlfriend was attacked by muggers in which he once again donned his mechanical spider-legs, however, this time he wore a black suit and took the name the Steel Spider. He then found the assailants defeated them soundly, but after this he decided that he never wants to be a vigilante and wanted to have a normal life with his girlfriend. He once said that he was one of many heroes that help fought of the invading Sentinels when Onslaught invaded New York City.

Eventually the Superhero Registration Act brought Ollie out of retirement as he began openly acting against the Act.

Powers

The Steel Spider wears a suit of high-tech armor which has four metallic arms similar to that of Dr. Octopus. The arms provides enhanced strength and contains various gadgets. When he was in college, he modified the mechanical legs with an installed grappling hook and pepper spray.

More NPC'd as we go.......

feel free to PM me ideas, or NPC to join the cast.

#24 bobisbeast

bobisbeast

• Members
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:10 PM

Posted Image

Bio: Ford Prefect (a.k.a, Ix) was a friend of Arthur Dent's, and the semi-cousin of The President of the Galaxy, Zaphod Beeblebrox. While on Earth, he posed as an out-of-work actor until the Vogons arrived, when he revealed to Arthur that he was not in fact from Guildford, but from a small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse, and that he was not an out-of-work actor, but a researcher for The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. He skimped a bit on his preparatory research, leading him to think that Ford Prefect was a perfectly inconcspicous name. Aside from a few years while they were stranded on prehistoric Earth, in which they were separated, He traveled along with Arthur for much of the rest of their lives.

Powers: Sheer Awesomeness, Pheromone Control , Slightly Telekinetic, Knowledge of How to Fly

Skills: Too many to List

Equipment: The HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Towel, 10 Babelfish one of which is in his ear, Dine-O-Charge Card, Kill-A-Zap Gun, Satchel, Electronic Thumb, Sub-Etha Sens-O-Matic, Other useful odds and Ends

#25 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:18 PM

Sure, i'll join, Seeing as we're allowed to choose Villains, i'm going with:

Mr. Sinister aka Nathaniel Essex
Posted Image

Bio: Nathaniel was a biologist in Victorian England who became an outcast because of his radical ideas and immoral experiments.
Apocalypse approached him and offered him a job, when he accepted he was changed by Apocalypse into the creature he is today.
Without remorse or compassion and without any feelings for anything except for his research.

Powers: Molecular control - Control over his body at the molecular level, with this power he can shape shift into anything he can imagine, though he cannot change his mass, Healing Factor - Rapidly regenerate damaged or destroyed tissue, Superhuman stamina - Can exert himself at Peak capacity for several hours before he feels the effect of fatigue, Superhuman strength - can lift/bench 10 Tons, Superhuman reflexes - His reflexes are beyond human reflexes, Telepathy - can read and affect minds within a radius of 250 miles, can paralyse or directly control people within that radius, can also turn off the power of any mutant he's touching, Telekinesis - Can manipulate various things with his mind, Concussive blasts - can fire blasts of concussive force from his hands and/or the diamond-shaped mark on his forehead, Immortality - He is immune to age, sickness and poison.

#26 Josh M prime

Josh M prime

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:27 PM

Sure, i'll join, Seeing as we're allowed to choose Villains, i'm going with:

Mr. Sinister aka Nathaniel Essex

Bio: Nathaniel was a biologist in Victorian England who became an outcast because of his radical ideas and immoral experiments.
Apocalypse approached him and offered him a job, when he accepted he was changed by Apocalypse into the creature he is today.
Without remorse or compassion and without any feelings for anything except for his research.

Powers: Molecular control - Control over his body at the molecular level, with this power he can shape shift into anything he can imagine, though he cannot change his mass, Healing Factor - Rapidly regenerate damaged or destroyed tissue, Superhuman stamina - Can exert himself at Peak capacity for several hours before he feels the effect of fatigue, Superhuman strength - can lift/bench 10 Tons, Superhuman reflexes - His reflexes are beyond human reflexes, Telepathy - can read and affect minds within a radius of 250 miles, can paralyse or directly control people within that radius, can also turn off the power of any mutant he's touching, Telekinesis - Can manipulate various things with his mind, Concussive blasts - can fire blasts of concussive force from his hands and/or the diamond-shaped mark on his forehead, Immortality - He is immune to age, sickness and poison.

I love him, But at this point, he's too powerful. If you want, I can make him a NPC, for now. But you still need to pick Someone a little weaker

#27 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:46 PM

lemme get this straight.
I can't play Sinister right now, but I'll be able to play him later in the RP?

#28 Josh M prime

Josh M prime

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:06 PM

WHile we wait, her are the last NPCs of the team

The metal dude.

Posted Image

Starman (Thom)

Star Boy was born on a orbital satellite over the planet Xanthu in the 30th century. His parents were astronomers and Thom was born with the meta ability to control gravity. After crashing his parents' space cruiser through the tail of a comet, Thom also gained abilities that rivaled that of ancient Kryptonians. Feeling heroic, he adopted the name Star Boy and joined the Legion of Super-Heroes. Early on, Thom traveled to the 20th century to visit Superboy but was blackmailed into being Lana Lang's boyfriend to make the Boy of Steel jealous. Her ruse failed quickly. While his Kryptonian powers faded and failed him soon after, the Legion elected to keep him after he recovered from his injuries and perfected his mass shifting. Star Boy fell in love with a beautiful new recruit named Dream Girl. Dreamy joined the Legion under false pretenses and ultimately resigned, but Thom still had feelings for her. Dreamy's biggest fan, Kenz Nuhor, was rejected by her because she reciprocated Star Boy's love and so Kenz set out to kill Star Boy. He lured Thom into a trap and would have killed him had Star Boy not shot and killed Kenz in self defense. Having violated the Legion code against killing, a trial was held and Star Boy was found guilty and expelled from the Legion.

Upon his expulsion, Thom was met by Dream Girl and recruited into the Legion of Substitute Heroes. The pair later left the Subs and donned suits of armor to hide their identities as they joined the Legion as Superboy and Supergirl's replacements, per their request. Following Thom's adventure as Sir Prize, the Legion elected to bring Star Boy and Dream Girl back onto the team despite their past actions. Star Boy served on the Legion for many years and continued his relationship with Dream Girl, even during a strained part of their relationship years later when Dream Girl was elected Legion leader. She eventually offered Thom the job of her deputy leader so they could spend more time together, which he only begrudgingly accepted because her term was almost over. On a mission to Xanthu and following a rough patch with Dreamy, Thom was commanded by his people's government to serve as their new planetary champion. Star Boy accepted the position and resigned from the Legion to care for his homeworld. He warded off Atmos in battle several times to keep the title, though he lost Dream Girl to the other hero.

While traveling through time, Star Boy became unhinged and came to reside on Earth-22, the Kingdom Come reality. He later used his powers on his costume again to travel to New Earth proper. Shortly upon arriving, Thom discovered that the ancient medicine of that era wasn't enough to keep his schizophrenia in check and he had to cope with his mental illness. This made him lucid enough that he forgot his initial mission, instead taking on the name "Danny Blaine" from a Xanthu pulp hero and deciding to defend Opal City like the Starmen before him. He even took on their codename. Homeless, he was quickly taken in by Opal's Sunshine Sanitarium to help with his mental confusion. It was there he fell in love with sloppy joes. Shortly thereafter, his heroic efforts in Opal caught the attention of the reformed Justice Society of America and Thom was recruited.

The leader

Posted Image

Dream girl

Though Nura continued to receive constant attention from the unattached male Legionnaires (and even some of the attached ones), Star Boy (Thom Kallor) was the one who eventually managed to capture her heart. Nura became very close to him and she was romantically involved with Star Boy for many years. Partly due to her effective but non-combative power, she also trained intensively in hand-to-hand combat in order to better serve the team on the field. She was a quick study and became a highly skilled martial artist, second on the team in unarmed combat to only Karate Kid. Her precognitive power to foresee an opponent's moves before they even made them further enhanced her effectiveness as a fighter.

#29 Josh M prime

Josh M prime

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:09 PM

lemme get this straight.
I can't play Sinister right now, but I'll be able to play him later in the RP?

I mean, i'm just trying to be fair. He can take out most of the x men by himself, right......?

And with that note, the first misson, we're going up againts....The thunderbolts.

Spoilers!

#30 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:14 PM

You're the GM, you make the calls.
But beating the X-men single-handedly isn't that big a feat, Spiderman did it, and he should be well within your power limit.

But i would still like my question answered, can i play him later in the RP, since it seems like we'll be allowed to chose more powerful characters later?

#31 Josh M prime

Josh M prime

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:24 PM

You're the GM, you make the calls.
But beating the X-men single-handedly isn't that big a feat, Spiderman did it, and he should be well within your power limit.

But i would still like my question answered, can i play him later in the RP, since it seems like we'll be allowed to chose more powerful characters later?

yes. Or, i might make him a boss, with you at the helm.....later

Also, The game starts in 1 hour, if that's ok. But you can still join later, if you signed up after that.

it's just the meet and greet.

#32 bobisbeast

bobisbeast

• Members
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:26 PM

I'm not going to be here in an hour........

I won't get back on until 9:30 Eastern Time

EDIT But Ford is always fashionably late

#33 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:35 PM

Would the Black Tarantula be too powerful?

#34 Josh M prime

Josh M prime

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:40 PM

Would the Black Tarantula be too powerful?

Of Marvel? no

If it's not him, I need a link.

#35 bobisbeast

bobisbeast

• Members
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:41 PM

It ok if I don't be there for the very beginning?

#36 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:45 PM

awesome, i will compile a bio and power list for him.

Black Tarantula aka Carlos LaMuerto

Posted Image

Bio: Carlos LaMuerto was trained from childhood to become the Black Tarantula by his father, upon reaching his maturity his father bestowed the Black Tarantula powers upon him, and the control of the Criminal empire that his family has built up throughout their entire family history.

Powers: Strength - can bench 30 tons, Stamina - Can exert himself for 24 hours at peak capacity, Durability - can withstand great trauma, such as falling from a building or being hit by super-strength, almost bullet proof, Agility - beyond human capability, the same general agility as Spider-man, Speed - Faster than human, slightly faster than Spider-man, Optic blasts - Can fire Concussive blasts from his eyes, needs to recharge for several minutes before he can fire another blast, Healing Factor - can heal fatal injuries in himself and others by touch, both physical injuries, diseases and poisons.

Skills: Master martial artist - Master of many forms of armed and Unarmed combat, able to hold his own against such people as Daredevil.

#37 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:46 PM

Added the image, bio and powers/abilities for Darth Maul.

#38 jesus20456

jesus20456

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,632 posts
  • Location:can't tell you, I wish I could, because that would mean the war was over...
  • Interests:Reading Animorphs, Writing.

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:56 PM

I'll be a pokemon trainer.

#39 Josh M prime

Josh M prime

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:00 PM

I'll be a pokemon trainer.

which Pokemon trainer? it has to be a character from fiction.

(If you do pick a pokemon trainer, I hope it's Bruno of the elite four. HOOO-HA!]

#40 Josh M prime

Josh M prime

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:10 PM

So far, the team is....

Josh M....... Starboy
Josh M .......Dream girl
Josh M....... Steel Spider
Josh M ........Hanatarō Yamada