49 replies to this topic

#41 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:07 AM

1. None of the DBZ characters have shown anything resembling defense against Telepathy. The Saiyans are resistant to Mind Control, but that's far from the same thing. Magneto has some pretty powerful defense against Telepathy, but Xavier still managed to mindwipe him with a telepathic spike. That's exactly what Emma Frost could do to the DBZ characters as well.

2. When, exactly, did I say that Namor can compare to almost everyone? What I said was "Namor could easily take out some of the less powerful DBZ characters". Which is definitely true.

3. Let's say then, as you say, Vegeta blows up the planet, while the Surpreme Kai and Goku Teleport all their allies to safety. There are several people below Silver Surfer's level that would survive that, Blue Marvel and Void among others, to use an earlier example, most of the heroes in Marvel would also be safe 'cause, you seem to forget, that Marvel has several characters with Precog. abilities. So now we have earth destroyed and all the heroes(and possibly villains) pissed off, at this point people like Thor and Hercules are going to get the Sky Fathers involved. I.e. the DBZ characters get willed out of existance. A best case scenario for the DBZ'ers, is to take the heroes on one(or a few) at a time, that way they survive the longest.

Also the Telekinesis shown in DBZ is relatively low level. The best telekinetic feats in DBZ go up to a few tons.

And, Immortality is well within the powers of the Dragon, yes, but Unlimited Energy is not, not unless it's creator has/had infinite energy.

Finally, which "old feats of someone that are no longer valid", have been brought up so far?

In canon stuff, staring with the oldest, Frieza killed Krillin with a telekinetic crush, he also mentally threw a large chunk of mountain towards Goku, Frieza killed Krillin with a tk crush move. I can name a lot more examples, If you doubt please refer towards the manga, and or anime. It is 15+ years old I am sure you have seen them.

You mention that Magneto has great telepathy defense and yadi yada, but lets see how Prof X would do vs Thanos or someone just plain better, he would do anything. This is just that case, Prof X doesn't have the power behind his mental powers to do anything to Goku.

Vegeta withstood a magical/telepathic assault just to get more powerful, Goku even mentioned that he think vegeta so weak to get controlled.

Babidi, tried to "telepathically" control Vegeta to kill Supreme Kai and Vegeta did not do it. He shrugged it off, if that is not telepathy defense I am not sure
what is.

Also you are assuming that Sentry and everyone would be able to sense the planet blow up. Nothing will stop Goku from teleporting there, blowing up the planet and leaving. I know that won't happen, but you act as if Goku wouldn't do anything to them, when you and I BOTH know that plenty of weaklings have gotten the best of everyone you have mentioned.

Dr. Strange defeated Shuma-Gorath, but yet lost to Hulk, even had his hands broken.

Surfer opens Black-Holes but gets punched by The Thing and Hulk.

its all relative

#42 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:44 AM

In canon stuff, staring with the oldest, Frieza killed Krillin with a telekinetic crush, he also mentally threw a large chunk of mountain towards Goku, Frieza killed Krillin with a tk crush move. I can name a lot more examples, If you doubt please refer towards the manga, and or anime. It is 15+ years old I am sure you have seen them.

You mention that Magneto has great telepathy defense and yadi yada, but lets see how Prof X would do vs Thanos or someone just plain better, he would do anything. This is just that case, Prof X doesn't have the power behind his mental powers to do anything to Goku.

Vegeta withstood a magical/telepathic assault just to get more powerful, Goku even mentioned that he think vegeta so weak to get controlled.

Babidi, tried to "telepathically" control Vegeta to kill Supreme Kai and Vegeta did not do it. He shrugged it off, if that is not telepathy defense I am not sure
what is.

Also you are assuming that Sentry and everyone would be able to sense the planet blow up. Nothing will stop Goku from teleporting there, blowing up the planet and leaving. I know that won't happen, but you act as if Goku wouldn't do anything to them, when you and I BOTH know that plenty of weaklings have gotten the best of everyone you have mentioned.

Dr. Strange defeated Shuma-Gorath, but yet lost to Hulk, even had his hands broken.

Surfer opens Black-Holes but gets punched by The Thing and Hulk.

its all relative

first, I'll refer you to this: http://www.electricf...showtopic=13111

Now,

1. Frieza did not kill Krillin with TK, he immobilized him, then killed him with a small energy blast through the chest.

2. Frieza did not throw "a large chunk of mountain towards Goku", he threw large Boulders, a big difference.

3. Thanos is an extremely powerful telepath in his own right, there's no comparison between him and the DBZ characters.

4. "Vegeta withstood a magical/telepathic assault just to get more powerful, Goku even mentioned that he think vegeta so weak to get controlled.", He took the Mind Control from Babidi, yes, and Goku said that he was weak for letting himself get controlled. As I already said "The Saiyans are resistant to Mind Control, but that's far from the same thing as being resistant to Telepathy.", the only telepathic 'attacks' we have seen in DBZ is Mind Control.

5. "Babidi, tried to "telepathically" control Vegeta to kill Supreme Kai and Vegeta did not do it. He shrugged it off, if that is not telepathy defense I am not sure what is.", again resistant to Mind Control, not Telepathy.

6. "Also you are assuming that Sentry and everyone would be able to sense the planet blow up. Nothing will stop Goku from teleporting there, blowing up the planet and leaving. I know that won't happen, but you act as if Goku wouldn't do anything to them, when you and I BOTH know that plenty of weaklings have gotten the best of everyone you have mentioned." first I'll refer you to the link I posted at the top of this post, second, Sentry is not a 'seer' he does not have Precog. but others do, and those others would definitely warn people about things like... the earth getting blown up, which would get all the heavy hitters involved. As I said, the best case scenario for the DBZ'ers, is to take on the heroes(and villains) a few at a time, that way they can manage to beat quite a lot of them before they get to those that end up taking them down.

#43 shellsbut

shellsbut

Nuking the site from orbit

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:56 AM

I've heard people make a huge deal about Flash's IMP attack. Well, Goku does that with every punch. Everyone forgets what DBZ is capable of, Goku is just one of many who can destroy planets with less than ease. That is a feat that no one in X-Men, FF4, Avengers can do. Hulk is powerful and has been able to punch a meteor large enough to be a moon or so, but that is something Cell can do too, and it weighs much less.

personally I think SSJ3 and Vegeto can compete with those of Thor level and possibly higher.

well Hulk broke the laws of physics/reality/just plain logic and over comming a force feild that reacts perfectly to the force put against it. It was to be impossible to break even by Celestial level beings yet ge did it. I do think dbz does get bum rap alot of the times but sometimes they just come up on the short end regaurdless.

#44 The Dark Prince

The Dark Prince

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:48 AM

actually dbz caracters have shown invulnerability at telepathy. like the galaxy soldiers for example their mind powers couldnt hurt an ssj2 gohan so anyone in dbz with a powerlevel over ssj2 cant possobly be affected by telepathy

#45 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:28 AM

As for the telepathy vs DBZ thing, DBZers have shown they can fight mind control. Babidi was able to control ANYBODY he wanted to, until he met Vegeta. Now to say Prof X is better at mind control is pure speculation.

But really though guys, this match had no effort in the set up, it was posted by the Dark Noob, we shouldn't put 3 pages of discussion in matches like these, we should put effort in matches that people care to make a set up in, and not when a dirty noob troll posts one.

#46 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:38 AM

1. None of the DBZ characters have shown anything resembling defense against Telepathy. The Saiyans are resistant to Mind Control, but that's far from the same thing. Magneto has some pretty powerful defense against Telepathy, but Xavier still managed to mindwipe him with a telepathic spike. That's exactly what Emma Frost could do to the DBZ characters as well.

This is technically an abridged series but I can't find the actual episode. As for distance, try from the afterlife as Goku was communicating with King Kai.

#47 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 02:29 PM

Goku

goku

I see Frieza lifting more than a few boulders with his mind, and that is just Frieza, SSJ3 Goku would do much more

Stop selling DBZ short. They are enough to contend with powerful people. Plus the dragons can help,

It was never stated that the dragons couldn't give you infinite energy. I mean the Dragon can give you immortality, and not one Guardian has ever had Immortality.

Let's not make up so called facts for the sake of arguments, you know who I am talking to

#48 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 26 March 2011 - 02:39 PM

*looks through topic, skims through pages of debating*

*takes note of topic creator*

*shakes head and walks away*

#49 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,855 posts
  • Interests:Writing,Video games,Sports,women.

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:25 PM

I don't think so. He rode off with Shenron, and the dragons aren't considered gods. The Kais are.

I see.

#50 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:11 PM

Goku

goku

I see Frieza lifting more than a few boulders with his mind, and that is just Frieza, SSJ3 Goku would do much more

Stop selling DBZ short. They are enough to contend with powerful people. Plus the dragons can help,

It was never stated that the dragons couldn't give you infinite energy. I mean the Dragon can give you immortality, and not one Guardian has ever had Immortality.

Let's not make up so called facts for the sake of arguments, you know who I am talking to

I'm not making up anything -shrug-, it is specifically stated in DBZ that the Dragon is limited by the power of its creator, if needs be I'll find the specific point in the manga and tell you which wish it was the Dragon couldn't grant because it wasn't powerful enough. As for the Telekinesis, I'll post some scans from the Manga tomorrow(when people aren't sleeping so I won't wake 'em up by scanning). However, I'm looking in the manga right now, and it's Boulders, not large parts of a mountain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users