#101 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:28 PM

This is getting out of hand. Can the admins please lock this thread? Please?

I do feel for Hayes/Haye since we have butchered the original intention of this thread. However, I don't see this as a thread that is out of hand. Perhaps another thread for this and perhaps others can have their original intention back.

As for this...

On the subject of FPL's creativity and the FPL being such a good writer:

after I issued my challenge, Nova Force Nova then took all of my original text, changed a few lines of dialogue, and called it "new" and "original".

He was congratulated for this.

So yeah... I don't see these "great FPL writing skills" and "hash critiques in order to improve" that everyone keeps talking about.

If what the people on this thread say was true, then either Nova Force Nova would have turned in an original and creative piece of work, or Hugo Fowl would have chastizised him for being unoriginal and lazy and told him to try again.

You do realize that Nova Force and Hugo are fairly new to the FPL themselves. Also, they are just as much/if not more CBUB as they are FP. Have you even noticed UWT? If you've noticed the FPLers don't really cross over too much. Isn't that what this thread is about?

#102 thetrekker

thetrekker

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:29 PM

Ignorance is calling the FPL a bunch of nazis and the CBUB a bunch of jews. That is ignorance.

Please stop talking about me and my people. Both SS (ironic name for this topic) and Artemis.

#103 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:28 PM

I saw my name being thrown around, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't flattered. Thank you for that encouragement, I will keep creating!

Anyway, to the argument:
Artemis, I'm not even a FPLer and I feel offended by this. I read the CA boards every single day, and not ONCE have I seen someone "bullying" anyone else. Maybe if you would actually throw out some names, as Surfer asked you to do 2 times now (and you convieniently ignored his request), your argument would actually have some merit. If you're still sore about Rhekarid and Landon reviewing your character, I honestly do not see where you're coming from. You got MAD because experienced FPLers who know what they're talking about reviewed your work? Are you serious? See thats the difference between the winners in the FPL and the losers. The winners see getting reviews from people like Landond, Rhekarid, and Ivan as a TREAT, the losers see the reviews as an effort made by the FPLers to put down the CBUBers.

#104 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:39 PM

Whoa! Hold on there Jamie. I never said what I had made was "new" or "original", I simply re-wrote your character with some tweaks of mine. I didn't copy and paste. I added several of my own ideas into the mix. That's what you sounded like you wanted when you said you wanted us to re-write it, as long as the name and basic concept was intact. Also, what Treach said. I'm new at this, so don't expect greatness out of me. Still, I indulged your request. Then what happens? You're alienating one of the people who even thought your characters were worth a damn re-write. Congratulations, I'm not doing it again.

#105 Hugo Fowl

Hugo Fowl

I am One with the Ferret.

• Members
  • 7,162 posts
  • Interests:Discworld, Hellsing, Kingdom Hearts, writing, RP's, drama, etc.

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:51 PM

I wouldn't say that what Hugo and Nova did in that thread was particularly representative of the FPL. That ain't a dig on them or anything, that's just the simple fact that the actions of two dudes that are fairly new to the FPL aren't exactly the best way to judge the entirety of the place.

The best way to judge the FPL is to see how most of the older, more representative peeps of the site are largely ignoring all of this mess. THAT'S the true identity of the FPL: Apathy that occasionally boils over into mild spurts of activity.

S'cool Landon. Matter of fact, its why its always nice to get reviews from those people in the first place, instead of whining and complaining about sore feelings.

I remember Doll-Boy, my first ever attempt at the FPL before the FPL ever came out and the reviews I got were scorching, burning my baby at the stake.

I liked it. It showed me what I did wrong in all its horrifying glory, and inspired me to do better.

Also, excuse us relative newbies in the FPL, we just show more activity then apathy most of the time. It wears off eventually.

#106 Artemis Entreri

Artemis Entreri

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:53 PM

Artemis, I'm not even a FPLer and I feel offended by this.

Really? Hmm...

I read the CA boards every single day, and not ONCE have I seen someone "bullying" anyone else. Maybe if you would actually throw out some names, as Surfer asked you to do 2 times now (and you convieniently ignored his request), your argument would actually have some merit.

Um..what you say something? Sorry I was busy writing my new FPL character, But go on.

If you're still sore about Rhekarid and Landon reviewing your character, I honestly do not see where you're coming from. You got MAD because experienced FPLers who know what they're talking about reviewed your work?

I wish people would read before opening their mouths... Comical. This has been addressed and the issues been dead. As far as FPLers being the "Writers Gods," well let's just say the verdict is still out.

Are you serious? See thats the difference between the winners in the FPL and the losers.

Echo_Force was that a challenge? Please say it was... I'd love for you to challenge me on any EF board... Please accept! Please. Oh and you can pick the time, place, event, character, and whatever else you'd like. Anytime, anyplace. Please, please, please, accept!!!!

P.S I said I was done here. Well I guess I am now. Hehe!

#107 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:09 PM

This is getting out of hand. Can the admins please lock this thread? Please?

i wasn't just calling you out, your name popped in my head first, I clearly said others. You'd be a liar if you told me what I posted didn't apply to you though, so take it with a grain of salt.

Could someone from the FPL PM me about what it entails to create a character, I've been thinking about trying it out.

#108 Jamie Reyes

Jamie Reyes

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:05 AM

What just happened illustrates perfectly the difference between CBUB and FPL.

When AVP vs the Terminator issued a challenge here on CBUB, nobody questioned his motives. Everyone just started writing.

When cold-comic54 issued a challenge here on CBUB, nobody questioned his motives. Everyone starts writing.

Nobody questions the motives of whoever started UWT. They all just keep writing.

When I issue a challenge on the FPL, everyone starts questioning my motives, and "did Spielberg whine when he was rejected early in his career?" and "you have alienated me" and all of that. Nobody just starts writing.

That is why CBUB is better: people are not afraid of beinng creative and original when asked to.

#109 Nilan

Nilan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:17 AM

Echo_Force was that a challenge? Please say it was... I'd love for you to challenge me on any EF board... Please accept! Please. Oh and you can pick the time, place, event, character, and whatever else you'd like. Anytime, anyplace. Please, please, please, accept!!!!

You guys should totally turn this into a showdown. Create an FPL character each under some specific theme/guideline and put them out to vote in the CA board. Settle your beef with an FPL duel.

#110 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:34 AM

When AVP vs the Terminator issued a challenge here on CBUB, nobody questioned his motives. Everyone just started writing.

When cold-comic54 issued a challenge here on CBUB, nobody questioned his motives. Everyone starts writing.

Nobody questions the motives of whoever started UWT. They all just keep writing.

When I issue a challenge on the FPL, everyone starts questioning my motives, and "did Spielberg whine when he was rejected early in his career?" and "you have alienated me" and all of that. Nobody just starts writing.

That is why CBUB is better: people are not afraid of beinng creative and original when asked to.

Funny enough, I happen to believe that if someone else other than you issued a challenge on the FPL, say, for an example Hugo Fowl, he wouldn't have his motives questioned. Instead, people would just get right to writing and attempt to complete his challenge. That's how I see it. *shrug*

People question your motives and whatnot because of your history on EF.

#111 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:40 AM

What the hell are you talking about? This is my response to your challenge

If I do this, I am submitting this character.

...and there were at least a few more that answered just like this. You are again talking about the CBUBer/FPLers that accepted your challenge. I'm going to need you to get your people right.

and I am about to close this thread out of respect for Hayes. Open another thread to b!@*h and whine. Once again, sorry Hayes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users