#1 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:35 PM

On this site you have people who only use CBUB, and some only use FPL, some do both. What I am asking is if the FPL only people could maybe mingle into the CBUB. As in help give constructive criticism to people who posts offical matches (the FPL slogan more or less is "You want to be taken as a serious writer come here") so having people who know what they are talking about would be nice.

Even voting on who wins (I hear the votes used to be like 50 to 60 compared to todays 10 to 12) or giving input to who you think would win. I would like maybe if the admins could encourage it, you guys are the leaders of this site after all (as in if the EF was challenged to a debate Ivan or one of the others would get my vote to represent us).

I've heard admins and other users say they wish the CBUB would just die this saddens me, we need to help each other out!
If there is anyway the CBUBers can help the FPL, I'd be willing to help and I'm sure others would too. I understand that people have lives outside this site, so it is understandable if you don't have the extra time. Just thought I'd go on a limb and ask.

#2 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:36 PM

I'd hardly consider myself an FPL'er, but for your information, try spelling "incourage" with an E next time.

#3 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:40 PM

I'd hardly consider myself an FPL'er, but for your information, try spelling "incourage" with an E next time.

ha thanks I fixed it, I mean I might get flamed on for this but hey doesn't hurt to ask

#4 corvette1710

corvette1710

The Bastard Child of Sarcasm and Hypocrisy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Durr.

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:18 PM

I'm all for it.

#5 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:09 PM

You know where a good start for more, for lack of a better term, "togtherness" would be?

If more of you guys start scoring matches in the official CBUB tournament. I think I'm the only non-competitor to place scores in the first round, and less than half of the competitors voted as well.

#6 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:19 PM

You know where a good start for more, for lack of a better term, "togtherness" would be?

If more of you guys start scoring matches in the official CBUB tournament. I think I'm the only non-competitor to place scores in the first round, and less than half of the competitors voted as well.

uh... i thought there were specific judges for the official CBUB tournament. otherwise i would have voted.

#7 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:44 PM

uh... i thought there were specific judges for the official CBUB tournament. otherwise i would have voted.

There's both. People place their votes, and then the judges check them for validation.

#8 Jamie Reyes

Jamie Reyes

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:41 AM

No.

The last time I used FPL, it ended in disaster.

That's why I killed off all of my FPL characters: because I'm not going back there.

I don't want to create another character, only for Nilan to insult me and humiliate me.

I'm done with the FPL.

#9 Nilan

Nilan

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:17 AM

OMFG! Agustinaldo, are you seriously going to bring my name up every damn time someone mentions the FPL, just because I gave you honest feedback? You created characters who sucked and then asked people to let you know how they were. So I let you know they sucked. It isn't a big deal, just get over it and stop mentioning me everywhere.

For any CBUB-er who wants to know why FPL contributors tend to stay away from the CBUB - the above multi-accounter and people like him are the reason. The image many of us have of the CBUB is that the place is crawling with whiny little douches. Kicking them out would get you guys more FPL contributors than a hundred threads like this would.

#10 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:35 AM

I just might start humiliating and insulting Agustinaldo myself. I'm frankly getting tired of his idiocy. -.-

#11 Jamie Reyes

Jamie Reyes

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:32 AM

Yes, I make mistakes. Everyone does. That's no reason to call me an idiot. There are a lot of people on this site who make mistakes, and you don't see me calling them idiots.

And by the way, I KNOW that my FPL characters sucked. That's why I killed them in the first place. Frankly, I'm ashamed of having created them.

#12 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:16 AM

Yes, I make mistakes. Everyone does. That's no reason to call me an idiot. There are a lot of people on this site who make mistakes, and you don't see me calling them idiots.

And by the way, I KNOW that my FPL characters sucked. That's why I killed them in the first place. Frankly, I'm ashamed of having created them.

making mistakes is not why people call you an idiot. acting in a way that makes people seriously wonder if you are mentally retarded in some way, is.

and before you start, no, that's not an insult, simply stating a fact.

#13 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:29 AM

No.

The last time I used FPL, it ended in disaster.

That's why I killed off all of my FPL characters: because I'm not going back there.

I don't want to create another character, only for Nilan to insult me and humiliate me.

I'm done with the FPL.

I love the FPL but my people lose to people who in NO WAY possible should lose to. I have a person who is a telepath, use mind control, telekenesis, and a psyhcic vampire and she lost to a guy with healing abilities and a gun! Like come on! Or I have a person who controls weather on a large scale and loses to a person who is a detective martial artist! Lmfao I looked and was like what the hell I think people voted and don't read the powers at all they go by name. Like if you said SUPERMAN s dandruff vs Bullseye people would vote Superman dandruff because they think somehow because its related to superman he should beat bullseye. When if you actually read it you would know bullseye with a vacuum wins.

#14 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:33 AM

In all honest the reason I haven't joined FPL is I haven't felt I'm ready for it. Maybe I may try and do
character to test it out.

I mean yea my rating on CBUB is good as far as matches but for FPL you have to be real creative and over there they have talented people that are great.

I would love to have some FPL people over in CBUB to give some great thoughts and
more good debates.

By the way I agree Sirmethos that last time I checked it was said that administrators
were the Judges for the tournament. If not then I will grade some myself because those matches are a great read and are good.

#15 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:39 AM

making mistakes is not why people call you an idiot. acting in a way that makes people seriously wonder if you are mentally retarded in some way, is.

and before you start, no, that's not an insult, simply stating a fact.

I agree with sirmethos(which I hardly do) but you put your self out there first. I wished there were admins for the FPL who actually reviewed fight. And please anyone on CBUB check out my characters and tell me what you think. Heroes Inc is for humor mostly
Mary
Tempest
Tony night night sacose
Hyruko blade of the north
Vixen
Million Man
Paranoid Gun-man
Hard to kill man
Get a way man
And the drunk wizard

#16 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:41 AM

I agree with sirmethos(which I hardly do) but you put your self out there first. I wished there were admins for the FPL who actually reviewed fight. And please anyone on CBUB check out my characters and tell me what you think. Heroes Inc is for humor mostly
Mary
Tempest
Tony night night sacose
Hyruko blade of the north
Vixen
Million Man
Paranoid Gun-man
Hard to kill man
Get a way man
And the drunk wizard

i believe pretty much all of those have been blocked by the admins.

#17 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:45 AM

Let me quote Ivan as to why your characters went nowhere, xmanforlife:

Ladies and Gentlemen, The Thread of Supreme Shame quite Shamefully presents:
the xmen4life hit parade!

Get A Way Man disabled and blocked
Hard To Kill Man disabled and blocked
Hyruko disabled and blocked
Mary disabled and blocked
Million Man disabled and blocked
Mr. Magic disabled and blocked
Paranoid Gun Man disabled and blocked
Vixen disabled and blocked

Reason:
All characters have single sentence power descriptions, overstate the abilities of Standard or Superior level powers, and all characters are below acceptable level of quality.

You pretty much broke what few rules we have in the FPL as far as writing goes. You only wrote one sentence for each description, which isn't nearly enough to say anything about your character. You bought Standard and Superior level powers and described them as if they were Supreme and Ultimate level. And, well, your ideas just weren't all that. Your characters were nothing more than a list of powers, and no one finds that interesting. Take a look at other FPL characters to get an idea of what people like and then try again.

So yeah, your complaints are pretty groundless.

#18 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:49 AM

i believe pretty much all of those have been blocked by the admins.

Why is that? Its doesn't say they are I KEEP getting loses for some reason and I actually put them together reather nice. Even heroes inc to me(but of course its my brain child) would love to see a comic about heros who get paid to save lives and won't do it for free. HILARIOUS. Imagine super man batman and wonder woman grabbing a bite to eat and a guy gets shot outside the resturant and they are talking more about what type of gun he had then saving the guys life and even made bets on it.

#19 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:52 AM

As for the original topic, the reason why most people over at the FPL don't pay any attention to the CBUB is because we aren't interested in it. It's cool and all to come up with matches and stuff for the CBUB, but at least for me y'all take the whole "debating" thing WAY too seriously. I'm not the least bit interesting in "objectively" talking about power levels and strength and feats and stuff like that, and so long as the majority of CBUBers are interested in that sort of thing I'll just do my own thing elsewhere.

#20 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:54 AM

Let me quote Ivan as to why your characters went nowhere, xmanforlife:

You pretty much broke what few rules we have in the FPL as far as writing goes. You only wrote one sentence for each description, which isn't nearly enough to say anything about your character. You bought Standard and Superior level powers and described them as if they were Supreme and Ultimate level. And, well, your ideas just weren't all that. Your characters were nothing more than a list of powers, and no one finds that interesting. Take a look at other FPL characters to get an idea of what people like and then try again.

So yeah, your complaints are pretty groundless.

Ok cool thanks but the only people who is real wasn't humor was hyruko and mary. When it came to stating the powers I have read other peoples ones and they didn't really explain the power to me or what is was. Hyruko won his first match and even his premise is good motivation is good andx everythin please feel free to read his. But again when its came to peoples powers they kind of told stories and I read them and I was like what are they talking about. Some made sense and some didn't. I was trying to make it clear what the power is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users