#101 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:54 PM

Yes, but what if the first zombie bit 6 people before being taken down? People are usually easy to ambush when they live in shacks where you can simply push the walls down to get in.
Even a horde of two dozen can be difficult to put down when you don't know how to do it properly. As mentioned spraying alot of bullets and trying to stab the undead wont get you very far. Even the disease gets past even 10 it would be hard to stop.

Or you can just run away and wait for a week for the Zombies to take care of themselves. African people (this is not racism, I'm black) have run from a lot faster things than Zombies. Or they can just take down the humans in the gestation period (24 hours). Either way, the zombie's will be dealt with in SOME manner after 2 series of bites. Keep in mind that this is in Africa, if it emerged in Europe or America...

#102 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:40 PM

Or you can just run away and wait for a week for the Zombies to take care of themselves. African people (this is not racism, I'm black) have run from a lot faster things than Zombies. Or they can just take down the humans in the gestation period (24 hours). Either way, the zombie's will be dealt with in SOME manner after 2 series of bites. Keep in mind that this is in Africa, if it emerged in Europe or America...

the more populate the area the less chance there is to react. If the virus spread to a whole state, like Egypt, imagine every Egytian running full sprint towards those that are trying to escape. I don't care what someone says, an AK047 has only so many shots and a shot is useless to zombies unless aimed at their head, or less effective their legs.

I am not sure about you all, but try shooting a gun when there is a standing target. It is difficult, especially in the head. (Before anyone says the US army is the best blah blah, even our infantry is not trained to shoot as great as a sniper, and try doing that when everyone is in chaos and running around a lot.

People really overrate our response time. LA Riots anyone? how bad was that and it was no zombie attack. I can name countless.

Worst comes to worst what it if was Resident Evil 4 or 5 type of zombies?

#103 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:15 PM

the more populate the area the less chance there is to react. If the virus spread to a whole state, like Egypt, imagine every Egytian running full sprint towards those that are trying to escape. I don't care what someone says, an AK047 has only so many shots and a shot is useless to zombies unless aimed at their head, or less effective their legs.

I am not sure about you all, but try shooting a gun when there is a standing target. It is difficult, especially in the head. (Before anyone says the US army is the best blah blah, even our infantry is not trained to shoot as great as a sniper, and try doing that when everyone is in chaos and running around a lot.

People really overrate our response time. LA Riots anyone? how bad was that and it was no zombie attack. I can name countless.

Comparing the LA riots to a zombie invasion is completly idiotic.

Like I said before, you can kill the bitten human during the gestation period. I don't know why you're assuming an entire nation when we're talking in the begginning stages, get your debate right. You have shown me no proof that the zombie invasion wouldn't get destroyed in two bites. I would also like to point out that shooting a slow moving zombie in the head is pretty damn easy. They don't take cover, they don't try to dodge, they just walk slow.

#104 the atom

the atom

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:05 PM

Yes, let's tell all of Misrata to just "run away". Yes I could see that working perfectly. No panic, chaos, or sudden spread of infection at all.

2 "series" of bites is not the same thing as 2 bites. What happens when a zombie bites 8 people while wandering aimlessly and then 4 more while it is restrained? Yeah after another series of bites from 12 zombies you have a small problem on your hands.

And once people start murdering the infected, the infected aren't going to tell anyone that they're infected at all, instead opting to hide it until the whole moaning and biting thing makes it too hard.

#105 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:48 AM

Comparing the LA riots to a zombie invasion is completly idiotic.

Like I said before, you can kill the bitten human during the gestation period. I don't know why you're assuming an entire nation when we're talking in the begginning stages, get your debate right. You have shown me no proof that the zombie invasion wouldn't get destroyed in two bites. I would also like to point out that shooting a slow moving zombie in the head is pretty damn easy. They don't take cover, they don't try to dodge, they just walk slow.

is it idiotic? both symbolized chaos that was hard to contain.

Anyway, you wrote "You can kill the bitten human during gestation period". Well that is if you started right next to that zombie. What if it started by having the water infected. Or the origin involved several. Are you telling me that we would know automatically that we have zombies? NO, we would think they are sick or something, try to help and get bit. Don't be so naive. I am sure that you are right if it happened how you explained it, but chances are it won't happen that way.

#106 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:21 PM

is it idiotic? both symbolized chaos that was hard to contain.

Anyway, you wrote "You can kill the bitten human during gestation period". Well that is if you started right next to that zombie. What if it started by having the water infected. Or the origin involved several. Are you telling me that we would know automatically that we have zombies? NO, we would think they are sick or something, try to help and get bit. Don't be so naive. I am sure that you are right if it happened how you explained it, but chances are it won't happen that way.

Yes, it is. Living people who you use nonlethal force against that is not comparable to any kind of disease vs. Zombieism, the direct antithesis of aforementioned points.

If the water was infected then yes, it would probably be a big problem, but thats not how zombie stuff starts. It starts with a small number of people getting infected then spreads through bites. Now, I think I've already proved my reasoning on the 2 sets of bites. With only 2 bite sets to go off of, you won't have a worlwide crisis. You won't have a nation wide crisis. You won't have a city wide crisis. Maybe you have a village-wide crisis. But the Zombie is not gonna be able to bite freaking 12 people before it gets shot or killed. And the people it bites, as I mentioned, would be killed BEFORE they turn into zombies. I actually don't think the people would mind, I mean noone WANTS to turn into a zombie and start killing their freinds and family and innocent people.

#107 the atom

the atom

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:54 PM

Yes, it is. Living people who you use nonlethal force against that is not comparable to any kind of disease vs. Zombieism, the direct antithesis of aforementioned points.

If the water was infected then yes, it would probably be a big problem, but thats not how zombie stuff starts. It starts with a small number of people getting infected then spreads through bites. Now, I think I've already proved my reasoning on the 2 sets of bites. With only 2 bite sets to go off of, you won't have a worlwide crisis. You won't have a nation wide crisis. You won't have a city wide crisis. Maybe you have a village-wide crisis. But the Zombie is not gonna be able to bite freaking 12 people before it gets shot or killed. And the people it bites, as I mentioned, would be killed BEFORE they turn into zombies. I actually don't think the people would mind, I mean noone WANTS to turn into a zombie and start killing their freinds and family and innocent people.

Zombie falls into river. City/town/village drinks from river. You now have a problem.

Once again 2 sets of bites can lead to a big number. There's no telling how many people a zombie might bite or nip before the police showed up (assuming the country in question has a reliable police authority). Even if it bit 4 to 6 you would still have something of a problem. It would probably take some time to establish that the zombie is in fact a genuine zombie, and that it is in fact caused by an unknown disease. By the time that is figured out the epidemic would be into it's third series of bites.

The infected themselves would almost be a bigger problem then the zombies themselves. The people wouldn't mind?! Are you insane? Thing is, people don't exactly care for the idea of being lined up and shot and will attempt to avoid such a fate by any means necessary. Sure a few noble souls might in an effort to save their loved ones, but most people don't function like that. There's also the issue to the infected infecting others before they even turn. A simple kiss might be enough to spread the disease (although it might not). Nobody WANTS to become a flesh eating monster but they also don't want to be executed. Most people will generally try to avoid the more immediate threat of being shot. As a result, most people will hide their infection, making keeping track of the disease impossible.

#108 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:49 PM

There is no way to prevent Zombie virus because...?

#109 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:53 AM

Zombie falls into river. City/town/village drinks from river. You now have a problem.

Once again 2 sets of bites can lead to a big number. There's no telling how many people a zombie might bite or nip before the police showed up (assuming the country in question has a reliable police authority). Even if it bit 4 to 6 you would still have something of a problem. It would probably take some time to establish that the zombie is in fact a genuine zombie, and that it is in fact caused by an unknown disease. By the time that is figured out the epidemic would be into it's third series of bites.

The infected themselves would almost be a bigger problem then the zombies themselves. The people wouldn't mind?! Are you insane? Thing is, people don't exactly care for the idea of being lined up and shot and will attempt to avoid such a fate by any means necessary. Sure a few noble souls might in an effort to save their loved ones, but most people don't function like that. There's also the issue to the infected infecting others before they even turn. A simple kiss might be enough to spread the disease (although it might not). Nobody WANTS to become a flesh eating monster but they also don't want to be executed. Most people will generally try to avoid the more immediate threat of being shot. As a result, most people will hide their infection, making keeping track of the disease impossible.

No, we are discussing zombies that can ONLY infect by bite. Any other kind are not mainstream zombies and as thus are not part of this discussion.

Again, why do you assume that the police have to show up? The local people could take care of it, if not by firearms, then by knives or baseball bats. Again, the people don't need to know whether its Aombeism or not, as I proved earlier, by the second series of bites, the people know the disease and what it can do. ITS NOT A SUBTLE DISEASE. And thats why it will ALWAYS fail. The delivery mechanism is stupid and requires the zombie to get into direct contact with only a single victim at a time. The zombies themselves have extremly short lifespans, and are so freaking obvious its not even funny. AIDs is an epidemic that needs direct contact with a single person, but the thing about AIDs is, its impossible to tell if the guy has it. A guy with AIDs looks exactly the same as a guy without AIDs. And no, no person would want to turn into a flesh eating zombie. They would probably go to the Government for a cure. But none of this matters, since we are still talking about the begginning stages of the disease. Where its easy to keep track of. The people won't have a choice. Even if they try to run away from everyone, guess what? The zombie now has no food.

#110 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:58 AM

No, we are discussing zombies that can ONLY infect by bite. Any other kind are not mainstream zombies and as thus are not part of this discussion.

Again, why do you assume that the police have to show up? The local people could take care of it, if not by firearms, then by knives or baseball bats. Again, the people don't need to know whether its Aombeism or not, as I proved earlier, by the second series of bites, the people know the disease and what it can do. ITS NOT A SUBTLE DISEASE. And thats why it will ALWAYS fail. The delivery mechanism is stupid and requires the zombie to get into direct contact with only a single victim at a time. The zombies themselves have extremly short lifespans, and are so freaking obvious its not even funny. AIDs is an epidemic that needs direct contact with a single person, but the thing about AIDs is, its impossible to tell if the guy has it. A guy with AIDs looks exactly the same as a guy without AIDs. And no, no person would want to turn into a flesh eating zombie. They would probably go to the Government for a cure. But none of this matters, since we are still talking about the begginning stages of the disease. Where its easy to keep track of. The people won't have a choice. Even if they try to run away from everyone, guess what? The zombie now has no food.

You assume regular folk have guns. I am in California, most people have no weapons. Imagine you are walking, no one knows about zombies, it has never showed up, but you see a bum. That bum is staggering towards you, you are cautious, but then he starts to sprint towards you. You run away, but he is fast, and never gets tired. He grabs you, and you fight him off, The zombie being a grown man is not weak, especially if you are undead.
You manage to take him down, and run away before he gets up, but you are now bleeding from his sratches.

You get home and think nothing of it. Your gf comes home and you two make love. While you are sleeping you awake a zombie and kill her. Now you are a full zombie and search the house, you eat your family/friends who are living with you.

You run outside. start killing bums and etc... Pretty soon there are 12-20 zombies in L.A. and those 12 attack other people. Even if the "civilians" start to take justice into their own hands, bullets will do nothing to their bodies, so you would have to be a great shot to shoot a head while it's running full force towards you. and even if you do, you have short ammo.

All I ever said was that it depends on how fast we react to the zombies, realistically we would react slow and think it's an illness. Only after we have more killed, will we know its a zombie

#111 the atom

the atom

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:52 PM

There is no way to prevent Zombie virus because...?

Because a virus can't create a zombie, thats why. Any zombie pathogen would likely be caused by some form of mutated self replicating protein who's name escapes me. We have no treatments of any kind for that type of disease, considering that it is only considered "almost possible" by scientists.

#112 the atom

the atom

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:04 PM

You mentioned the possibility of the water being infected, and I presented a plausible scenario. As the zombie gradually rots at the bottom of the riverbed, it's disease would eventually flow into the water no matter how you look at it.

How does the general public even KNOW it's happening by the second series of bites? There isn't going to be much of a reaction to 8 zombies wandering around randomly attacking and possibly eating sleeping bums in the streets in the middle of the night. Once again, by the second series of bites there could be as many as 12 zombies walking around. You are also assuming that infection happens right in front of other people, and not alone in some alley or park. If people knew zombies existed or were at least paying close attention, any zombie infection would indeed by stamped out by the second series of bites. However people would most likely not react strongly until the third, or even possibly the fourth series of bites.

As pymp mentioned, a lot of people do not have casual access to firearms. It's also definitely worth mentioning that taking down a zombie with a melee weapon would take some practice. Even when it's established that there is indeed a hostile presence of zombies in the area, it won't be immediately clear that they are undead or that destruction of the brain is necessary to kill one. Even then, killing a zombie would take some considerable strength, skill, and timing. The human skull is extremely hard, and decapitation takes some skill. You would only have one chance with a melee weapon and one wrong blow, and you end up as an easy snack or another zombie.

#113 the atom

the atom

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:06 PM

You assume regular folk have guns. I am in California, most people have no weapons. Imagine you are walking, no one knows about zombies, it has never showed up, but you see a bum. That bum is staggering towards you, you are cautious, but then he starts to sprint towards you. You run away, but he is fast, and never gets tired. He grabs you, and you fight him off, The zombie being a grown man is not weak, especially if you are undead.
You manage to take him down, and run away before he gets up, but you are now bleeding from his sratches.

You get home and think nothing of it. Your gf comes home and you two make love. While you are sleeping you awake a zombie and kill her. Now you are a full zombie and search the house, you eat your family/friends who are living with you.

You run outside. start killing bums and etc... Pretty soon there are 12-20 zombies in L.A. and those 12 attack other people. Even if the "civilians" start to take justice into their own hands, bullets will do nothing to their bodies, so you would have to be a great shot to shoot a head while it's running full force towards you. and even if you do, you have short ammo.

All I ever said was that it depends on how fast we react to the zombies, realistically we would react slow and think it's an illness. Only after we have more killed, will we know its a zombie

I might mention that we are talking about the traditional shambling zombie. The Marvel Zombie variety or the Dawn of the Dead remake variety are not what are being discussed here.

#114 sherminatortwo

sherminatortwo

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:55 PM

AN M1 tank weighs something like 100 tons so if they were to plow through the center of that mass of zombies you would soon have alot of xombie jelly . That would also slow any remaining Zombies as the streets would become so slick in Zombie gore they would have difficulty moving forward.

#115 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:05 PM

Why exactly do you keep doing this, sherminator?

#116 sherminatortwo

sherminatortwo

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

Becuase it's so much fun.

#117 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

Then let me say it: chill with bumping old threads (otherwise known as "thread necromancy", heh). It's not really necessary when one make a new topic on the same subject.

#118 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

You know, you could log in/register and start your own topic on the matter.

I may just start deleting necro posts if this keeps up.

#119 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

All righty then.

#120 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

I may just start deleting necro posts if this keeps up.

Heh. Will that actually accomplish anything, though? The damage will have already been done, once the thread is bumped up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users