69 replies to this topic

#21 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:43 PM

Green Ranger vs White Ranger vs Red Ranger(Zeo) vs Black Ranger(Dino-Thunder)

I'm really tempted to give this to his green ranger incarnation. That is the one who soloed the original power rangers team.

With that in mind Green Ranger Tommy vs Psycho Red

#22 Classic80s

Classic80s

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Interests:Invincible Metal

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:28 PM

Green Ranger Tommy for sure. I mean, seriously, Evil Green was basically untouchable. He solo'd an entire team on MULTIPLE occasions. Plus, the Dragonzord was basically a megazord in and of itself whereas the other Rangers had to combine their zords to create a Megazord.

Gold Ranger Zeo (Trey, not Jason) vs White Ranger (Tommy)

#23 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:38 PM

Green Ranger Tommy for sure. I mean, seriously, Evil Green was basically untouchable. He solo'd an entire team on MULTIPLE occasions. Plus, the Dragonzord was basically a megazord in and of itself whereas the other Rangers had to combine their zords to create a Megazord.

Gold Ranger Zeo (Trey, not Jason) vs White Ranger (Tommy)

zeo ranger red. Why? THE ZEO CRYSTAL GROWS IN POWER! It doesn't mean anything for Green to have soloed if something grows in power.

Gold Ranger, much stronger.

#24 Classic80s

Classic80s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:41 AM

Yeah, but each and every show was always proclaimed to be stronger than the last, so that doesn't hold much water with me. Plus, if the Zeo Crystals really grew in power, then the Zeo Rangers would have been near invincible. But they weren't. They were easily beaten from time to time. Hell, they were getting stomped before the Gold Ranger showed up. So, Evil Green would maul Zeo Red in my opinion. Not to mention, Evil Green could shoot freaking energy balls out of his hands! And it definitely meant something when Evil Green solo'd the original 5 Power Rangers in combat 1 vs 5. Before that, the Rangers handn't yet been so handidly whooped. He massacred them with ease! Since when did any Zeo Ranger (besides Gold) show that kind of badassitude?

Ninjor vs Gold Ranger Zeo (Trey, not Jason)

#25 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:32 AM

Yeah, but each and every show was always proclaimed to be stronger than the last, so that doesn't hold much water with me. Plus, if the Zeo Crystals really grew in power, then the Zeo Rangers would have been near invincible. But they weren't. They were easily beaten from time to time. Hell, they were getting stomped before the Gold Ranger showed up. So, Evil Green would maul Zeo Red in my opinion. Not to mention, Evil Green could shoot freaking energy balls out of his hands! And it definitely meant something when Evil Green solo'd the original 5 Power Rangers in combat 1 vs 5. Before that, the Rangers hadn't yet been so handily whooped. He massacred them with ease! Since when did any Zeo Ranger (besides Gold) show that kind of badassitude?

I'll admit that they haven't done any DBZ level badassness. BUT the Zeo Crystal was stated to grow in power, however if you have something of power, say a power plant, and split it into 5 parts, it's not going to be as strong as it was before. You can argue about how Green was less reserve as an evil ranger therefore more powerful, but to me a real hero is someone that can control their power and not just show how powerful they are without abusing their power.

That's why I think Red should win.

#26 Classic80s

Classic80s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:06 PM

I'll admit that they haven't done any DBZ level badassness. BUT the Zeo Crystal was stated to grow in power, however if you have something of power, say a power plant, and split it into 5 parts, it's not going to be as strong as it was before. You can argue about how Green was less reserve as an evil ranger therefore more powerful, but to me a real hero is someone that can control their power and not just show how powerful they are without abusing their power.

That's why I think Red should win.

The whole reason Evil Green was so badass in the first place was because of how tough and ruthless he was. He was completely unrelenting. I don't think he ever abused his power. He just used everything he had to blast the Rangers into oblivion. Can't fault him for that. On the flip side, it took everything the other 5 Rangers had combined to overcome him. But out of all the fights they had, he completely mauled them 9 out of 10 times.

#27 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:09 AM

The whole reason Evil Green was so badass in the first place was because of how tough and ruthless he was. He was completely unrelenting. I don't think he ever abused his power. He just used everything he had to blast the Rangers into oblivion. Can't fault him for that. On the flip side, it took everything the other 5 Rangers had combined to overcome him. But out of all the fights they had, he completely mauled them 9 out of 10 times.

Hehe, watch part three and you'll see.

#28 Classic80s

Classic80s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:22 AM

Well what did you expect? Saban couldn't let his team get stomp'd forever. He had to let them come back at some point.

#29 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:15 PM

I'm really tempted to give this to his green ranger incarnation. That is the one who soloed the original power rangers team.

With that in mind Green Ranger Tommy vs Psycho Red

the green ranger was the most powerful ranger ever he had the power of 5 regular rangers.

#30 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:48 PM

Well what did you expect? Saban couldn't let his team get stomp'd forever. He had to let them come back at some point.

Not necessarily, you do have darker storyline. And did you see when Tommy used his coin to toss Bulk and Skull into a dumpster?

#31 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts
  • Interests:Shonen anime/manga
    reading/writing fantasy novels
    reading/writing fanfiction

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:39 PM

The White Ranger was stated by Zordon to be More powerful than Green and even as evil Green I doubt Tommy could solo a more experienced group of Rangers.

#32 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:23 PM

The White Ranger was stated by Zordon to be More powerful than Green and even as evil Green I doubt Tommy could solo a more experienced group of Rangers.

he beat all of the original rangers except jason.

#33 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts
  • Interests:Shonen anime/manga
    reading/writing fantasy novels
    reading/writing fanfiction

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:08 AM

he beat all of the original rangers except jason.

When they were practical newbs.

#34 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:21 AM

it was the end of the first season they had almost a year to get the hang of there powers .
and he had just got his powers and was still able to beat them.

#35 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:56 AM

here are the reasons i think the green ranger was more powerful then the white ranger.
he had powers that the white ranger did not like .

energy projection
either mind control or telekinesis
battle charge where nothing hurts him when in this form energy attacks are sent back at the attacker .

and in the episode where tommy was cloned and the clone had the green ranger powers it seemed like the green ranger had the upper hand when tommy managed to break the spell on him and they went back in time to save the other rangers.

#36 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts
  • Interests:The Avant-Garde, I Represent

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:52 PM

Like CBF says, Tommy was also a newbie. The only experience he had was a a few breif skirmishes with putties. So imagine if Tommy was more seasoned... He'd be a force! But then, when he eventually joined the rangers, his power got extremely downplayed. This is why I hate the Good Green. This is why I Love the Evil Green.

#37 Classic80s

Classic80s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:20 PM

Dude, every new thing in the Power Ranger franchise was stated to be "more powerful" than what came before it. It's BS storytelling and a cheap copout.

When White Ranger Tommy fought the Clone of the Green Ranger (clone of himself), they tied in physical confrontation. If the White Ranger could only tie a clone, imagine what the real thing would have done!

Also, the Dragonzord is part of the original Dinozord lineup. The Tigerzord is part of the Thunderzord lineup. Zordon stated the Thunderzords were significantly more powerful than the Dinozords, yet when the Tigerzord fought the Dragonzord, the Dragonzord stomp'd it easy.

#38 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:23 PM

it was the end of the first season they had almost a year to get the hang of there powers .
and he had just got his powers and was still able to beat them.

17 episodes of a 62 episode season is the end?

#39 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts
  • Interests:The Avant-Garde, I Represent

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:05 PM

17 episodes of a 62 episode season is the end?

Seriously? He said end of the season, not series.

#40 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:11 PM

Seriously? He said end of the season, not series.

Season One of Mighty Morphin' ended after 60 episdoes. Proof here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users