Photo

Which infantry are on par with Starcraft Terran Marines?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 ricrery

ricrery

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:32 PM

What? when did hydralisks cut through starship armour? And since when can zerglings cut through tanks and survive gauss rifle fire? I beginning to wonder where you are hearing about all these super sc units. Ive never seen any instance of zerglings surviving gauss rifle fire, ever. Nor have I ever witnessed hydralisks cutting through starships with their spines. Using gameplay as feats is a poor way to rate characters. The only reason hydralisks can do ANYTHING to a battlecruiser is because blizzard is all about balance in gameplay and not necessarily realism. Your going to have to start putting links up or your arguments dont really count for much.

These are from some novels. The Hydralisk one occurs after two psionic storms hit a battlecruiser... and I don't know about the Zerglings. Starcraft 2 also has the spines shatter pieces of stone.

#62 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:11 PM

-snip-

"Right, because you know that the Gauss Rifle is inferior, am I right? "

Actually, no. I would say the Gauss Rifle is approximately equal to the WY-102 Railgun, which is why I used that as an example of the durability of high-grade Dlex armor.

To repeat, Armor durability goes to the Yautja, but overall Durability goes to the Marines, due to the Yautja armor not covering their entire bodies.

Also, since you made no comment on the other kinds of troops I posted about, I take it you concede that those are in fact, superior to the Marines. <_<

#63 the atom

the atom

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:40 PM

These are from some novels. The Hydralisk one occurs after two psionic storms hit a battlecruiser... and I don't know about the Zerglings. Starcraft 2 also has the spines shatter pieces of stone.

So after it's armour and structure had already taken significant damage?

#64 ricrery

ricrery

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:46 PM

Actually, no. I would say the Gauss Rifle is approximately equal to the WY-102 Railgun, which is why I used that as an example of the durability of high-grade Dlex armor.

Yes, because you can tell how powerful both are? A Gauss Rifle easily has momentum in the tens of kg-m/s. A shotgun has shown to have enough force to a send a Yautja of their feet.

To repeat, Armor durability goes to the Yautja, but overall Durability goes to the Marines, due to the Yautja armor not covering their entire bodies.

I find this unlikely considering both what they fight against and their appearance.

#65 ricrery

ricrery

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:51 PM

So after it's armour and structure had already taken significant damage?

Yes.

#66 the atom

the atom

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:51 PM

Yes, because you can tell how powerful both are? A Gauss Rifle easily has momentum in the tens of kg-m/s. A shotgun has shown to have enough force to a send a Yautja of their feet.

I find this unlikely considering both what they fight against and their appearance.

Simply because a shotgun has the force to knock a yautja on it's ass does not mean that it necessarily has the power to penetrate its armour. Regrettably, the yautja has scant armour and is therefore still more vulnerable to weapon fire then the marine.

#67 ricrery

ricrery

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:01 PM

Simply because a shotgun has the force to knock a yautja on it's ass does not mean that it necessarily has the power to penetrate its armour.

That's what a Gauss Rifle spike does best. <_<

#68 the atom

the atom

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:42 PM

That's what a Gauss Rifle spike does best. <_<

True, but until one of us can provide comparable data on BOTH the gauss rifle and the WY-102 Railgun, as well as the full durability of dlex armour, then none of us can really prove anything. That said, I noticed the yautja is the only one your still arguing against.

#69 ricrery

ricrery

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:49 PM

True, but until one of us can provide comparable data on BOTH the gauss rifle and the WY-102 Railgun

I did post a link to an analysis of a Gauss Rifle on the first page. It has quotes and calculations in it.

#70 the atom

the atom

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:58 PM

I did post a link to an analysis of a Gauss Rifle on the first page. It has quotes and calculations in it.

This is why I put the word BOTH in capitals.

#71 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:53 AM

UEF mech marines as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users