Photo
- - - - -

Using characters involved in arcs, etc. PLEASE READ.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dark Ranger X

Dark Ranger X

Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant shooter person!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:34 AM

Recently, there's been an incident where a CBUB'er wasn't happy when someone beat them to using a character, and made that known in the other person's fight.

Let me make one thing clear.

No-one owns the characters. No-one has any right to use the characters over anyone else. If you're doing an arc, that does not give you the right to come into another person's fight and go off at them just because they've beaten you to using the character.

Remember, the characters in the CBUB database are for everyone's use, for whatever use the fight creator sees fit.

I trust I won't see this kind of thing happening again.

#2 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:39 AM

If I may add to this, while a user making an arc has no more right to the character than anyone else if you know they are making the arc and need the character you plan on using, it wouldn't hurt to inform them that you plan on using that character.

#3 Dark Ranger X

Dark Ranger X

Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant shooter person!

• Moderators
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:57 AM

If I may add to this, while a user making an arc has no more right to the character than anyone else if you know they are making the arc and need the character you plan on using, it wouldn't hurt to inform them that you plan on using that character.

Like you said, if you know. But once again, even if they don't, they certainly can't be held accountable.

#4 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:08 AM

My own post quoted from a different thread:

Yeah, I apologize for losing my cool. 'Kay?

It's just that I had a hard time in figuring out what to write down, and here I was hoping that I was going to get something of a break in the time I had been struggling with the material I was researching on a particular character. I was getting pretty stressed out in trying to figure out where to go with this as a writer, what to really put down, how to work something in.

By the time I'm done, I was already stressed out that I feel like my creative flow has been strained because I kind of want to end the storyline soon. And as a writer, I just generally feel stressed because of this strain, and add to the fact that I had something of a falling out, yeah who wouldn't be stressed? Then seeing a guy I wanted to use was kind of the straw that broke the camel's back.

I apologize for going off on the kid, really.

Just wanted to post that before there could be a back lashing of sorts. Just so that everyone sees that I actually took sometime to apologize to the person in question.

Yeah, I admit, I wasn't thinking clearly when all of that happened. I lost my temper because of the fact that my creativity was strained, and I had a falling out with a friend somewhere else, and I was doing my best to write up the follow up in my storyline. But at the same time I was also researching the other character to make sure I had the set up right and ready.

Unfortunately someone beat me to the punch and I realize that.

Picture a comparison like this, you're building a sand castle, and working very hard at it, trying to make something nice and build it up to the finishing point. Then you're stuck with something in building said sand castle and someone else comes along and added something to it which doesn't really agree with you, the person building said sand castle.

Poor analogy, I know but I was just presenting how I felt.

All in all, I said I was sorry to the new guy.

-Rakai'Thwei

#5 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:13 AM

Like you said, if you know. But once again, even if they don't, they certainly can't be held accountable.

Oh I understand, just wanted to add that it would be and thing to do out of curtsy from a writing standpoint. And again it's only if you know someone is planning on using said character.

#6 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:48 AM

I think the true fun of the CBUB starts to die when people take it that seriously. You're stressing out as to what to do as a writer? It's the frikkin CBUB.

#7 shellsbut

shellsbut

Nuking the site from orbit

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:28 AM

I think the true fun of the CBUB starts to die when people take it that seriously. You're stressing out as to what to do as a writer? It's the frikkin CBUB.

I can see how it would be frustrating if some one put alot of time and effort into something like a serise but you cant argue the CBUB is first come first serve. Characters are there for everyone any time they want them.

#8 blackajack2725

blackajack2725

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

People need to learn how stop bitching about stupid things

#9 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:45 PM

People need to learn to read post dates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users