• Please log in to reply
528 replies to this topic

#41 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:09 PM

"Sorry big man, I think they're making sense. Ok so lets get looking...but first..." Jack says as he goes for his flask. eeing that its empty he would grunt. "I need a drink. There has got to be a place around here somewhere. Come on gents, help me look." Jack says as he begins to walk deeper into the town.

Gavin would laugh at that, half to blend in, and half because the Pirate really was a funny sort. He'd throw his arm round his shoulders and say "Then we're looking for a Bar!"

He'd look around for places that might look Bar-ish in this strange place. If things weren't so different as he suspected then he could guess that drunkerds and large gatherings or 'people' would point out such a place.

#42 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:26 PM

Gambit chuckled quietly and nodded a bit as he started following Jack and the rest. "Oui, let's find a bar."

#43 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:54 PM

Jack would smile deviously.

"Excellent. Let's go then." Jack says as he begins to look at buildings. Gavin would see a particular building on the edge of the city filled to the brim with people. The actions of people surrounding definitely matched those that would normally be coming out of a tavern or bar.

#44 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:06 PM

Jack would smile deviously.

"Excellent. Let's go then." Jack says as he begins to look at buildings. Gavin would see a particular building on the edge of the city filled to the brim with people. The actions of people surrounding definitely matched those that would normally be coming out of a tavern or bar.

"There are a lot of people in there," Richard said. "The person we are looking for could be there." Richard would walk over towards the cavern, still acting casually.

#45 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:17 PM

"There are a lot of people in there," Richard said. "The person we are looking for could be there." Richard would walk over towards the cavern, still acting casually.

"And if not, I'm sure we can find out more about this place there." Gavin would say trying to sound like they were just good friends out for a drink. The more comfortable and confident they acted the less they ought to be noticed. Between moments when he was actually amused by their conversation with Jack he'd keep the smile up, though it never touched his eyes. He was alert as ever, though hide it under his role.

He moved along with the group into the bar.

#46 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:30 PM

as the others started towards the building, Gambit fell back a bit and followed a few steps behind, watching the backs of the group.

#47 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:47 PM

OOC: Play this

"Excellent idea. Ask around while Im gettin me rum...glad I thought of it." Jack says while he heads towards the building along with the group. As they enter the cantina they would see a wide variety of species enjoying themselves at the various tables and the big serving area in the middle of the place. Everyone seemed to be minding their own business as noone really seemed to paya ttention as they entered.

Posted Image

#48 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:52 PM

So far, so good. No one seems too interested in them. At the note of Jack going to get some beer, he would merely shake his head. "We should split up. We'll have a better chance of finding the person." He would move towards the right.

#49 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:09 AM

Gavin would head to the Bar with Jack, though he was there for information not booze... well, he'd have some but not drink it that much, he needed to blend in after all.

"Hay, bartender, what do you have on tap?" he would ask the man behind the counter.

#50 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:10 AM

Realizing that neither of them had any kind of local currency, Gambit decided to do something about it.

He looked around for a moment, before spotting a person sitting at the bar, with slightly more valuable looking clothing and weapons than what seemed to be the average in this place. He concentrated for a moment, attempting to use his Hypnotic Charm, to keep the person focused on his drink and avoid his focus changing, then slowly walked up and sat down on the chair beside him, as he sat down, he quickly attempted to empty the mans pockets, while making absolutely sure that no one noticed his quick, hidden movements.

#51 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:37 AM

*Delta:OOC: your waiting outside I suppose

*Rahl: The seeker would find many different species walking andenjoying themselves. He had yet to run into another human, however.

*Gambit: As Gambit went in he would notice a large pig-like creeature watching the wealthy man intently. A bodyguard perhaps. If Gambit were to get close to the man he would be in the beast's sight.

*Gavin/Jack: "Yes while he has that, I'll take some rum." Jack adds. The bartender barely gives the two a glance before handing Gavin an ale and Jack his rum. Jack gave his drink a sniff, before beginning to drink.

#52 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:43 AM

As Gambit went in he would notice a large pig-like creeature watching the wealthy man intently. A bodyguard perhaps. If Gambit were to get close to the man he would be in the beast's sight.

noticing the creature watching, Gambit frowned lightly, then attempted to focus his Hypnotic Charm, to distract the creature for a few moments.

if the distraction proved succesful, Gambit would go ahead with the pickpocketing, confident in his ability to remain undetected by the rich-looking guy.

#53 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:46 AM

*Rahl: The seeker would find many different species walking andenjoying themselves. He had yet to run into another human, however.

Since he couldn't find the person himself, he would go for the nearest alien. "Have you seen any other human in this bar?"

#54 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:46 AM

*Gavin/Jack: "Yes while he has that, I'll take some rum." Jack adds. The bartender barely gives the two a glance before handing Gavin an ale and Jack his rum. Jack gave his drink a sniff, before beginning to drink.

Gavin would pip up "Excuse me bartender. Before me and my friend here drink, do you accept... Draftien Currency?" he asked making up the name on the spot.

He would reach into his pocket and draft several blue disk/chips about as big as a large coin, seal them to make them last when he took his will away from them, then withdrew his hand to put them on the table for the Bartender to see.

#55 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:59 AM

*Gavin/Jack:"Credits only...though that's paid for. Ya want another round though, you'll have to come up with something better than Draftien Currency." the bartender snides while turning away to help another customer. Jack is still drinking his rum. "A bit of an odd flavor but its not bad." he says between gulps.

*Rahl: The alien did turn, however he would reply in a tongue unknown to Rahl. he seemed to have alot to say as well as he continues to ramble in a garbled voice.

*Gambit:The trick seems to work on the gammorean(aka pig-face)however the wealthy man is up off his seat by then. Turning to the gammorean he would try and snap him out of the trance. His back was to gambit.

#56 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:04 AM

The trick seems to work on the gammorean(aka pig-face)however the wealthy man is up off his seat by then. Turning to the gammorean he would try and snap him out of the trance. His back was to gambit.

with the creature distracted and the mans back now turned towards himself, Gambit quickly and stealthily attempted to pick the mans pockets, confident in his ability to keep his movements hidden from both the man and the crowd in the bar, not including any fellow professionals of course.

#57 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:08 AM

*Gavin/Jack:"Credits only...though that's paid for. Ya want another round though, you'll have to come up with something better than Draftien Currency." the bartender snides while turning away to help another customer. Jack is still drinking his rum. "A bit of an odd flavor but its not bad." he says between gulps.

Gavin sighed... being such a bother was a bother, and it might piss some people off, but what the Bartender said peaked his interest. He'd look around first, letting his eyes defocus to see into subred (Infrared, it blends IR with normal vision to allow an almost perfect night sight) and scan the patrons of this establishment to see if anyone was paying attention to him and his teammates.

If he didn't spot anyone, he'd wait a minute, sipping on his drink, before trying the Bartender again with "Excuse me, but you said these were already paid for?" he indicated his glass with a lift and nodded at the Pirate to his side. "By who?" he would finish.

#58 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:08 AM

This would be harder than he thought. Some of these aliens speak in different tougues. He probably won't have that much luck with asking. He had no choice but to search around.

#59 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:30 AM

*Gambit: The Cajun would manage to swipe 50 credits before the man and his bodyguard finally left for the exit.

*Rahl: While Rahl thought that the alien would finish chewing out Rahl in the uknown tongue. After giving a rude gesture he left the seeker by himself.

*Gavin/Jack: The look around the bar did not reveal anyone watching them particularly intently. After being asked the bartender turned to the two.

"Some man. He was here a second ago." the bartender says. Low and behold the few seconds Gavin looked away one of the eats was empty. Jack wuld see a figure moving straight for the back way."I think he'll be back...forgot his helmet." the man adds.

#60 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:46 PM

*Gambit: The Cajun would manage to swipe 50 credits before the man and his bodyguard finally left for the exit.

*Rahl: While Rahl thought that the alien would finish chewing out Rahl in the uknown tongue. After giving a rude gesture he left the seeker by himself.

*Gavin/Jack: The look around the bar did not reveal anyone watching them particularly intently. After being asked the bartender turned to the two.

"Some man. He was here a second ago." the bartender says. Low and behold the few seconds Gavin looked away one of the eats was empty. Jack wuld see a figure moving straight for the back way."I think he'll be back...forgot his helmet." the man adds.

Richard would see a person who looked the most human he's seem in this bar. He wem't over to where Jack and Gavin was. "Do you think we should go after him?" He asked Gavin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users