#41 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:13 PM

Your logic is extremly faulty, we get the stated powers and such FROM the comics, not the other away around, thus the COMICS are always superior, not the other way around. Thus, Wolverine breaking out of steel chains, lifting cars, etc. etc. Is still viable, which means that Sabretooth has a miniscule, if any advantage over Wolverine. Wolverine's healing factor is basically the same as Sabretooth's so the counteraction of lactic acid would work for him too, thats even on stamina. According to the passage YOU put up, Wolverine's reflexes and agility are also enhanced (look at the last sentace second paragraph). The skill gap between Wolverine and Sabretooth would easily overcome whatever miniscule if any enhancements Sabretooth has. Also, as stated before, Wolverine's repeated pwning of Sabretooth (which eventually ends in the death of Sabretooth I might add) also adds to the fact that wolverine is superior. I do not think Wolverine would win however, I think Wendigo would.

#42 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:29 PM

Your logic is extremly faulty, we get the stated powers and such FROM the comics, not the other away around, thus the COMICS are always superior, not the other way around. Thus, Wolverine breaking out of steel chains, lifting cars, etc. etc. Is still viable, which means that Sabretooth has a miniscule, if any advantage over Wolverine. Wolverine's healing factor is basically the same as Sabretooth's so the counteraction of lactic acid would work for him too, thats even on stamina. According to the passage YOU put up, Wolverine's reflexes and agility are also enhanced (look at the last sentace second paragraph). The skill gap between Wolverine and Sabretooth would easily overcome whatever miniscule if any enhancements Sabretooth has. Also, as stated before, Wolverine's repeated pwning of Sabretooth (which eventually ends in the death of Sabretooth I might add) also adds to the fact that wolverine is superior. I do not think Wolverine would win however, I think Wendigo would.

Wolverine has broken out of steel chains is nothing compared to crushing a solid steel ball in his hands. and the steel ball was back in the beginning, when Sabretooth was at his weakest. since then he has had 3 or 4 enhancements to his strength and other abilities, after the last one his strength level was unknown. before that it topped at around 5-8 tons.

also, the powers might start being shown in comics. but the companies also directly state them in other places, ie. handbooks, marvel.com, etc.

but by your logic i'm guessing you think Black Panther can actually beat Silver Surfer, as long as he surprises him, or Spider-Man can actually take down Firelord, or that Captain America could actually take out the Hulk.

#43 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:05 PM

Wolverine has broken out of steel chains is nothing compared to crushing a solid steel ball in his hands. and the steel ball was back in the beginning, when Sabretooth was at his weakest. since then he has had 3 or 4 enhancements to his strength and other abilities, after the last one his strength level was unknown. before that it topped at around 5-8 tons.

also, the powers might start being shown in comics. but the companies also directly state them in other places, ie. handbooks, marvel.com, etc.

but by your logic i'm guessing you think Black Panther can actually beat Silver Surfer, as long as he surprises him, or Spider-Man can actually take down Firelord, or that Captain America could actually take out the Hulk.

The first two are PIS, which I accept, along with all of the other users on CBUB, not some comic mechanics crap. PIs I accept, because it is an occassional phenomenon easily identified, vs. comic mechanics which applies to almost the entire MU, and therefore logically has no relevance. The third however, is conceivable, Captain America regularly takes down people on Hulk's caliber, if you'd understand the character you would realize that Cap is basically the Chuck Norris of comics.

Proof that the "Sabretooth crushing steel ball" feat was before enhancements?

#44 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:20 PM

The first two are PIS, which I accept, along with all of the other users on CBUB, not some comic mechanics crap. PIs I accept, because it is an occassional phenomenon easily identified, vs. comic mechanics which applies to almost the entire MU, and therefore logically has no relevance. The third however, is conceivable, Captain America regularly takes down people on Hulk's caliber, if you'd understand the character you would realize that Cap is basically the Chuck Norris of comics.

Proof that the "Sabretooth crushing steel ball" feat was before enhancements?

the 'crushing steel ball' feat happened in a late 80's or early 90's Spider-Man comic.

i can't remember the exact issue, but Spider-Man was working together with Solo and Silver Sable taking down a terrorist group in... some african country.

if you give me some time i might be able to find the exact issue for you.

#45 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:23 PM

found it: Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 #324

part of the "The Assassin Nation Plot" arc.

Edit: and it is from 1989

#46 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:25 PM

found it: Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 #324

part of the "The Assassin Nation Plot" arc.

Edit: and it is from 1989

Ok, well, do you have a feat of strength for enhanced Sabretooth?

#47 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:45 PM

in Wolverine Vol 2 #166 from 2001, we're directly told that Sabretooth has received enhancements to his strength among other things, from the Weapon X program.

gimme a little time to look through some comics and i'll get you some actual feats for the enhanced Sabretooth. however, it is known(and stated) that he has been enhanced at least 3 times.

#48 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:04 PM

we can start with a scan from an old comic, directly stating that Sabretooth is faster and stronger.

Posted Image

a scan from a newer comic(after enhancements), that shows Sabretooths healing factor has also been enhanced.

Posted Image

a scan from a newer comic(after Sabretooth got Adamantium again), with Wolverine, again, Directly stating that Sabretooth is stronger and faster

Posted Image

i'll get back to you with more specific strength feats once i locate them. :P

#49 shellsbut

shellsbut

Nuking the site from orbit

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:15 PM

we can start with a scan from an old comic, directly stating that Sabretooth is faster and stronger.

Posted Image

a scan from a newer comic(after enhancements), that shows Sabretooths healing factor has also been enhanced.

Posted Image

a scan from a newer comic(after Sabretooth got Adamantium again), with Wolverine, again, Directly stating that Sabretooth is stronger and faster

Posted Image

i'll get back to you with more specific strength feats once i locate them. :P

yeah Wolverine lost that tussle but an issue and a half later he some how fared alot better. the whole Wolverine vs Sabretooth crap is crap. Wendigo takes this. Does it even anywhere mention how Sabretooth lost his Adamantium

#50 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:22 PM

yeah Wolverine lost that tussle but an issue and a half later he some how fared alot better. the whole Wolverine vs Sabretooth crap is crap. Wendigo takes this. Does it even anywhere mention how Sabretooth lost his Adamantium

the first time around, he lost it when Apocalypse removed it from him, and implanted it in Wolverine, when Wolverine became Death as one of the Four Horsemen. i can't remember how he lost it the second time around though.

#51 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:39 PM

8/10 wolverine takes it. wolverine killed Sabertooth so i guess that decided who wins. he is stronger and faster but wolverine has better fighting experience and the metal. he normally when fighting Sabertooth chooses to slash back and forth but when he is determined to beat him wolverine wins. for example Thor loosing to red hulk. he lost the first time because he underestimated him and didn't go all out but the next 2 time beat his ass(1.Thor beating red hulk then hulk says let me have him 2. when Thor and red hulk teamed up to destroy two meteors heading toward earth!!!!!!!!) why? because he actually TRIED to beat him. red hulk can't beat Thor when he really tries. but on an off meeting, a skirmish then red hulk might win.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users