• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#1 Hugo Fowl

Hugo Fowl

I am One with the Ferret.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,162 posts
  • Interests:Discworld, Hellsing, Kingdom Hearts, writing, RP's, drama, etc.

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:24 PM

Hello all. As you know, UWT III is coming up soon, and I for one am pretty impressed by the amount of people who joined. So what is UWT however? Well....

A long time ago, on a forum board here in this place there was a guy named AKUMA who came up with an idea of a tournament RP called "Universal Warrior Tournament" which somehow, ended up gaining a life of its own as the players commenced to start.

With characters as obscure as Vin Venture along with handles as widely known as Deadpool, the tournament promised to be truly epic as the players came together.

Alliances were formed, friendships were forged and in the end, the tournament turned out to be a farce as Vin Venture along with Dante teamed up to kill Akuma together. Who actually brought them together in an attempt to collect their powers.

Though it did cost the lives of certain characters, amongst them Evil Hellboy, Itachi, The Prince of Persia and even Sith Starkiller, though he survived barely thanks to the efforts of certain forces. Recovering in the place known as "Radiant Garden" while Dante went off to the world of the Prince to rule his kingdom in his friends stead.

This RP turned out to be so popular, that it even prompted a spin-off and several matches by some of the players who participated. Most noticeably, "Aftermath: Multi-verse at war" as well as the "Dante must die arc". To say nothing of some of the stand-alone matches that even now, are still alluded to and written by the players. With such popularity, how could it not continue? And thus the simply named, but fun RP "UWT II" begin!

The story takes place later, with veterans Vin Venture and Starkiller spending time in Vin's homeworld....On their Honeymoon when Akuma comes to lay down the glove and call her out for revenge.

Accepting the call, both end up in a conquered Middle-Earth where along with veteran player Dante, they meet the newest multi-verse champions. Amongst whom we have Aang the Avatar, Adam the Black Power Ranger, Segfried, Raziel of Nosgoth and Ben 10 himself. Three veterans, five newcomers. All of them, the only hope for the multi-verse when a disquieting fact is suddenly revealed to the group at large.....Vin Venture is pregnant.

Thus does the story begin and prompt such memorable moments such as Ben killing a Wraith and burning a village in the process. Or perhaps we may dwell on the many mishaps of Segfried before his untimely death at the hands of Akuma.

Special mention could also be made of Adam, the groups "diplomat" whose essential good nature is stretched to the breaking point as he strives to keep everyone on the straight and narrow, despite everyones contrary efforts. For Adam's current thoughts on this, see Kev's special "Ranger facepalm pic". Drawn by unofficial talented artiste, G4hardcore whose role as Shuriken takes over as mentor for the group, hopeless as it may seem.

There is many more that one can say about this RP, especially considering the sheer amount of heart that had gone into the thread-world "Nosgoth" at the moment, but I'd like to hear from some of you.....

What was your favorite part?

And to the newbies, how did UWT catch your interest?

#2 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:27 PM

My favorite part was threatening Lucifer in hell to blow up the universe with the Omnitrix. <_<

#3 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:28 PM

My favorite part? Well, that would have to be when Vin die-..she never died? Man, that sucks..I hated her the most...and so did Sieg and Rev, and granted the fact, Nesh did godmode a bi- Alright, my fav part has to be when Rev sacrificed himself, to save Siegfried. Did, I whine to revive him? No I didn't because he died a good death. What, was your favorite part Hugo?

#4 bobisbeast

bobisbeast

The FPL's favorite CBUBer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:31 PM

I as a newbie to UWt was there when UWt II started, but sadly i could not join at the time. I followed you through some of Mordor and other areas. I also have read through all of the first, and can't wait for the third.

#5 Hugo Fowl

Hugo Fowl

• Members
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:31 PM

What, was your favorite part Hugo?

That's a tough one.....I'd have to say Nosgoth, if only for the fact that we all were able to participate in it, as well as the character development we all did.

My most favorite part would have to be when Dante and Starkiller both went Dark Side/Devil trigger and starting causing havoc in the battle room. <_<

Ah, good times.

#6 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:34 PM

That's a tough one.....I'd have to say Nosgoth, if only for the fact that we all were able to participate in it, as well as the character development we all did.

My most favorite part would have to be when Dante and Starkiller both went Dark Side/Devil trigger and starting causing havoc in the battle room. :P

Ah, good times.

Hehe, I still remember when Siegfried challenged Galen to a duel, and then Galen went all crazy on him. But, it just stinks that we lost Rev and Raziel in Nosgoth.. <_<

#7 Hugo Fowl

Hugo Fowl

• Members
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:37 PM

Hehe, I still remember when Siegfried challenged Galen to a duel, and then Galen went all crazy on him. But, it just stinks that we lost Rev and Raziel in Nosgoth.. <_<

If by crazy you mean "Utterly pwned Siegfried before the fight broke up by the others", then yes. lol.

But in all seriousness, I truly do think the Nosgoth thread is the best part thus far out of the whole of UWT II. If only because all of us can interact.

Also giving special mention, "Galen and Prince Micheal's "talk" about Vin/Vinessa on the castle tower with everyone trying to listen in on them.

#8 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:38 PM

My most favorite part would have to be when Dante and Starkiller both went Dark Side/Devil trigger and starting causing havoc in the battle room. <_<

Ah, good times.

That's a great one. I love the part where Vin was trying to tell everyone at the dinner she wasn't going to be marrying the prince and everyone had to scramble to try and cover up what she was saying which included Dante firing off a few rounds and jumping on the table.

#9 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:43 PM

OH! Another favorite of mine, is when Rev or Sieg would always go to Dante for advice. That, and the little romance Kat and Sieg had.

#10 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:45 PM

My favorite part was threatening Lucifer in hell to blow up the universe with the Omnitrix. <_<

You and me both. I also enjoyed the Eklips saga full stop, despite how long it was.

#11 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:45 PM

OH! Another favorite of mine, is when Rev or Sieg would always go to Dante for advice. That, and the little romance Kat and Sieg had.

Whenever Sig would get jealous of how cool Dante is. <_<

#12 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:48 PM

Whenever Sig would get jealous of how cool Dante is. :D

Oooh curse you Dante and your coolness!! <_< But to be honest, who liked Rev better then Siegfried? I always thought it was funnier, to see Rev as Dante's pet, and Vin would always say that Rev isn't trained yet. :P

#13 Hugo Fowl

Hugo Fowl

• Members
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:50 PM

That's a great one. I love the part where Vin was trying to tell everyone at the dinner she wasn't going to be marrying the prince and everyone had to scramble to try and cover up what she was saying which included Dante firing off a few rounds and jumping on the table.

lol. I was laughing my head off at that. I just wish I was on earlier so I could have joined in the IC discussion and not at the end.

I also liked the Ben/Kitchen wench fling and Galen meeting Vin/Vinessa's parents. lol

#14 Opalord

Opalord

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:51 PM

actually had interest in joinin the second one, but was still a newbie then so chickened out. Not this time!

#15 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts
  • Interests:Shonen anime/manga
    reading/writing fantasy novels
    reading/writing fanfiction

My favorrie part the romance between Vin and Galen.

With special mention to Dante's quest for a strawberry sundae.

#16 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

lol. I was laughing my head off at that. I just wish I was on earlier so I could have joined in the IC discussion and not at the end.

I also liked the Ben/Kitchen wench fling and Galen meeting Vin/Vinessa's parents. lol

I wish the Ben/Kitchen girl gig could have continued.

#17 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:54 PM

I wish the Ben/Kitchen girl gig could have continued.

You know, I've been wondering, is that where Ben is? Did he just say "F*** this" and settle down with kitchen girl?

#18 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:58 PM

He dropped off the face of the Earth. He might reappear... eventually. >.>

#19 The Blue Flame

The Blue Flame

The King of Ninjas

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,151 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:09 PM

My interest was because of my cousin tomisntblue he has told me about it from the beginning. I heard alot of story's about UWT from him even before i was part of the site. Now i can't wait to begin UWT 3 YAY! <_<

#20 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:14 PM

Wow, reading over some old UWT moments reminds me that Siggy got hurt... a lot....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users