53 replies to this topic

#21 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:32 PM

I think I heard about that too....was my conversion right though??

If he was moving that fast in atmosphere, the planet would have ruptured from the immense speed...

#22 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:33 PM

so he is moving at 11,250 miles per second (225,000/20 =11,250)
The speed of light is 1079 miles per second

The speed of light is approximately 186,000 miles per second. Where did you get your figures from?

EDIT: Panzer, we have to ignore real world physics when it comes to things like that - The Flash would realistically destroy everything he goes near at his speed, but we ignore it as he's clearly that fast. The calcs were still wrong though.

#23 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:36 PM

The speed of light is approximately 186,000 miles per second. Where did you get your figures from?

Crap read it wrong I'll edit that post

#24 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:40 PM

EDIT: Panzer, we have to ignore real world physics when it comes to things like that - The Flash would realistically destroy everything he goes near at his speed, but we ignore it as he's clearly that fast. The calcs were still wrong though.

I keep forgetting this. <_<

@ Hayes:

That figure you came out with is about .58% the speed of light.

#25 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:41 PM

I keep forgetting this. <_<

@ Hayes:

That figure you came out with is about .58% the speed of light.

Yea I fudged up

#26 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:16 AM

1. Captain Atom & Major Force. Ok well I think it could be a tie because thor and supes have the strength but atom and force has the power

2. Beta Ray Bill & Silver Surfer. Silver surfer wins this alone.

3. Captain Marvel & Black Adam. Thor and supes can win on the off chance(this is just my idea) but thor is a god and he can make it so the lightning would never hit him or him him for him to change back.

4. WWHulk & Solomon Grundy (Superman level) um I'm going to go with supes and thor. Solomon grundy intelligence could be the factor in this one

5. Thanos & Darkseid . No contest this team wins

6. Loki & Brainiac. This team might win because loki can just create kryptonite and that be it for them.

7. SS3 Goku & SS3 Vegeta (Dark Prince stay away your fanboyism will be ignored) I'm confident thos and supes could win this

8. Gladiator Kallark & Juggernaut. Gladiator is the only threat really. Thor could beat juggernaut. Himself

9. Namor & Aquaman (underwater) lol good one but I'm going to go with supes and thor

10. Doomsday & Terrax. Long and good fight but supes and thor.

In a lot of these fights people don't fact that thor has a lot of other powers like teleporting, energy absorbtion, hell even some for of time travel, weather manipulation

#27 God-Speed_88

God-Speed_88

The Humanoid Typhoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:48 AM

since most of the teams would actually beat Superman and Thor, i'll just list the teams that would lose.

WWH and Grundy

Loki and Brainiac

SS3 Goku and SS3 Vegeta

Gladiator and Juggernaut

Namor and Aquaman

Captain Atom and Major Force would lose as well.

#28 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:53 AM

Captain Atom and Major Force would lose as well.

no, they really wouldn't.

each of them is powerful enough to casually destroy the universe with a thought.

Superman and Thor has nothing that can compete with that level of power, even if you stack their power together.

#29 Darksaiyajin345

Darksaiyajin345

Flame of Corruption

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Card Games on Motorcycles!!

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:31 PM

what versions of thor and superman are they fighting?

#30 God-Speed_88

God-Speed_88

The Humanoid Typhoon

• Members
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:36 PM

no, they really wouldn't.

each of them is powerful enough to casually destroy the universe with a thought.

Superman and Thor has nothing that can compete with that level of power, even if you stack their power together.

I honestly believe you don't read comics. All your examples are taken directly from internet sources. That statement is a joke.

Major Force was taken out by Kyle Rayner, Superman shouldn't have a problem with him. Whilst Thor holds off/possible defeats Atom by himself.

I know you will come back with this "mental block" patter that really doesn't mean anything. You base a fight on a characters abilities/feats. Atom did this once, WAY back. He has never shown to come close to that sort of power again.

#31 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:27 PM

Major Force could lose to either Superman or Thor and true Kyle did beat him.

Now Captain Atom if people were reading comics currently meaning Justice League Generations Lost would see he is not at the power that he use to be. Now I could be wrong but I am sure he is not at that vast power like before. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Now Superman can beat Atom and proved it when he beat Atom to the point where he damaged Atom's suit in the Superman/Batman comic.

Once that happens Atom will fly off into space so he can explode and then it will take him a good while before he comes back.

So yes Superman/thor can beat that team.

I am a DBZ fan and I could tell you this:

SS3 Goku & SS3 Vegeta would lose to Superman and Thor for this reason.

There energy attacks like a Final Flash or kamahamha won't be enough to put down Superman or Thor. Superman has took Darkseid's omega beams more then once and has not been put down.

They strength, speed, stamina, and more are not on a Superman level.

People just don't get that Superman can go forever in a fight and has no limit to his
power because of the sun.

#32 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:37 PM

I honestly believe you don't read comics. All your examples are taken directly from internet sources. That statement is a joke.

Major Force was taken out by Kyle Rayner, Superman shouldn't have a problem with him. Whilst Thor holds off/possible defeats Atom by himself.

I know you will come back with this "mental block" patter that really doesn't mean anything. You base a fight on a characters abilities/feats. Atom did this once, WAY back. He has never shown to come close to that sort of power again.

i base a fight on. 1. Powers and SKills. if those are too even to make a decision then. 2. Feats.

the problem with using "X beat Y in the comics" as an argument either way, is that in comics everyone is either at an advantage or a disadvantage.

in the fights we have here on cbub, no one has the disadvantage of being the 'villain', or the advantage of being the 'hero'. no one is limited because using their full powers would "make the comics boring", or any other similar limitations.

yes, Captain Atom has only performed that particular feat once, in the comics, and Yes, it has been stated that since then he 'mentally limits himself', that's pretty much just code for "we made him too powerful to be interesting in stories". but the fact is, he Is that powerful.

do you honestly think that Superman could take down a full powered Galactus , even with some help? by your logic he should be able to, after all, he took down Imperiex-Prime with a little help from Darkseid and Steel(they opened a temporal boomtube).

#33 God-Speed_88

God-Speed_88

The Humanoid Typhoon

• Members
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:26 PM

i base a fight on. 1. Powers and SKills. if those are too even to make a decision then. 2. Feats.

the problem with using "X beat Y in the comics" as an argument either way, is that in comics everyone is either at an advantage or a disadvantage.

in the fights we have here on cbub, no one has the disadvantage of being the 'villain', or the advantage of being the 'hero'. no one is limited because using their full powers would "make the comics boring", or any other similar limitations.

yes, Captain Atom has only performed that particular feat once, in the comics, and Yes, it has been stated that since then he 'mentally limits himself', that's pretty much just code for "we made him too powerful to be interesting in stories". but the fact is, he Is that powerful.

do you honestly think that Superman could take down a full powered Galactus , even with some help? by your logic he should be able to, after all, he took down Imperiex-Prime with a little help from Darkseid and Steel(they opened a temporal boomtube).

WRONG WRONG WRONG

The Imperiex-Prime fight wasn't Superman defeating him with a little help. It was countless other heroes/villains and excellent tactics. Don't try and twist things, people can use feats to explain why their chosen character should win.

Cap Atom DIDN'T even create a whole other universe. Someone (can't remember his name) showed him what he is capable of doing. Is it even cannon? If so, it still doesn't hide the fact that he has NEVER shown ever close to that power. The Monarch 52 Cap Atoms and Major forces couldn't defeat Superboy-Prime.

Since he has never used that power in a fight then it is mute to use it here. That is almost as bad as Marvel fans saying "Spiderman said Sentry beat Galactus, therefore everyone under his level would be easily defeated."

Stop talking nonsense.

#34 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:57 PM

WRONG WRONG WRONG

The Imperiex-Prime fight wasn't Superman defeating him with a little help. It was countless other heroes/villains and excellent tactics. Don't try and twist things, people can use feats to explain why their chosen character should win.

Cap Atom DIDN'T even create a whole other universe. Someone (can't remember his name) showed him what he is capable of doing. Is it even cannon? If so, it still doesn't hide the fact that he has NEVER shown ever close to that power. The Monarch 52 Cap Atoms and Major forces couldn't defeat Superboy-Prime.

Since he has never used that power in a fight then it is mute to use it here. That is almost as bad as Marvel fans saying "Spiderman said Sentry beat Galactus, therefore everyone under his level would be easily defeated."

Stop talking nonsense.

actually, yes. Captain Atom Did Create and shortly after Destroy a universe.

while i'm not usually a fan of using scans, it seems that i'm needing some solid proof, so here you go:

http://i95.photobuck...atom54163ui.jpg

http://i95.photobuck...atom54182hn.jpg

http://i95.photobuck...atom54195mk.jpg

http://i95.photobuck...atom54207wq.jpg

Captain Atom creating his own universe

#35 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:07 PM

We know Atom created a Universe which seems to be the only feat people use when it comes
to him.

Right now Atom is not at that power level in Generation Lost so he loses along with Major.

Superman beat him already however I don't remember how powerful he was then.

Anyways it won't matter because Atom once his suit is damaged just like when he absorbs too
much has to leave the fight.

Either way he loses.

#36 God-Speed_88

God-Speed_88

The Humanoid Typhoon

• Members
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:16 PM

actually, yes. Captain Atom Did Create and shortly after Destroy a universe.

while i'm not usually a fan of using scans, it seems that i'm needing some solid proof, so here you go:

http://i95.photobuck...atom54163ui.jpg

http://i95.photobuck...atom54182hn.jpg

http://i95.photobuck...atom54195mk.jpg

http://i95.photobuck...atom54207wq.jpg

Captain Atom creating his own universe

I love how you ignored every other correct point I made. This is fanboyism or blind stupidity, disappointed in you Sirmethos <_< .

It was shown to him what he was capable of DECADES ago.

He has since never shown nor has anyone said that Cap is capable of this.

What about my Monarch point? Interesting how you failed to mention that.

#37 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:18 PM

We know Atom created a Universe

oh really?

Cap Atom DIDN'T even create a whole other universe.

Right now Atom is not at that power level in Generation Lost so he loses along with Major.

Superman beat him already however I don't remember how powerful he was then.

Anyways it won't matter because Atom once his suit is damaged just like when he absorbs too
much has to leave the fight.

Either way he loses.

as i've pointed out several times before, the Only reason he has not used that level of power since, is because he mentally limits himself, this has been stated directly by DC.

he still has that level of power, but he doesn't use it.

just like Magneto, and countless other characters that were created too powerful to be interesting in comics, almost never uses more than an extremely small percentage of their powers.

however, just like Magneto, Apocalypse, X-Man, Exodus, and the countless other characters who are obscenely powerful, but pretty much never uses anything Close to their full power, Captain Atom Is still that powerful.

#38 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:35 PM

I love how you ignored every other correct point I made. This is fanboyism or blind stupidity, disappointed in you Sirmethos <_< .

I'm pretty sure Atom said he holds back, that he mentally limits his power like sirmethos said, I think Atom is still capable he chooses not to use all of his power, like Supes doesn't choose to one hit people

#39 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:35 PM

why would i mention something that is painfully obvious?

as i've mentioned several times in comics we have 'Comics Mechanics', which means that there is Always someone who is at an advantage, and others who are at a Disadvantage.

the 'hero' of the comic advantage, which means that the hero always wins. he might get temporarily beaten down once or twice, but sooner or later, he wins.

the 'villain' of the comic Disadvantage, the opposite of the 'hero' advantage

the 'important to the plot' Character sheild, similar to the 'hero' advantage. someone important to the plot will generally win, and prove how extremely powerful they are, until they get beaten in the end. until the Plot is finished, the characters protected by this, will not die. <- Superboy-Prime is an excellent example of this

the 'too powerful to be interesting' disadvantage, a character like Magneto, Apocalyse, Captain Atom, etc. that was created with powers that make them so powerful that using their full powers would end the story in 3 pictures, are generally 'limited' in some way. Captain Atom mentally limits himself, Magneto has his inner struggle, Strong Guy has a weak heart, etc. etc. etc.

so, with Monarch and Superboy-Prime, we had two Obscenely powerful characters(both limited because they were too powerful to make for an interesting story, if they were at full power), and one of them is protected by 'important to the plot' Character shield. who do You think wins? the entire point of the plot was to show how powerful Superboy-Prime was, climaxing at the Retcon punch, before he was stripped of his powers and put aside for later use.

as for "I love how you ignored every other correct point I made."

if you can point out which 'correct points' you actually made, i'll be more than happy to address them.

Imperiex Prime was defeated by Darkseid and Steel opening a Temporal Boomtube, and Superman pushing Warworld through the boomtube, sending Imperiex(and brainiac) back to the Big Bang, everything before that was a dramatic delay to show how powerful Imperiex and the others actually were, until they came up with their plan to defeat him.

and yes, people can use Feats, as long as they keep in mind that these fights don't actually take place in the comics, and thus don't fall under the rules of the comics(see the list above, among others).

in these fights, Spider-Man is not going to suddenly lift 30 or more tons because the story needs him to do so, Thor is not going to be limited to 100 tons strength, just because it would be boring if he uses his full strength, etc. etc.

#40 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:50 PM

These two are normally fighting each other, how would they do working together? Here are there opponents.

1. Captain Atom & Major Force

Superman and Thor would barely win
2. Beta Ray Bill & Silver Surfer

I think Thor would own this horse guy lol and Superman might be able to hold off Surfer long enough to have Thor jump in, Everyone here can survive in space so it's pretty even 6/10 to Thor and Superman

3. Captain Marvel & Black Adam

Thor would lose and so would Superman

4. WWHulk & Solomon Grundy (Superman level)

These guys would win if Thor and Superman couldn't fly

5. Thanos & Darkseid

No one beats Thanos if he has a plan, and to top it off you have Darkseid? game over

6. Loki & Brainiac

Superman and Thor wins

7. SS3 Goku & SS3 Vegeta (Dark Prince stay away your fanboyism will be ignored)

Personally I think Goku can beat Superman anyday of the week, Vegeta would lose to Thor as he is only SSJ2, Goku might not beat both of these guys up. 6/10 to Thor and Supes

8. Gladiator Kallark & Juggernaut

Juggernaut is a non factor and neither is Gladiator

9. Namor & Aquaman (underwater)

Superman would never admit this, but Aquaman is a weak ass, Namor on the other hand would prob take out Thor in the watr, tough call.

10. Doomsday & Terrax

Terrax vs Sentry anyone?

How will they do? Add a team if you like

my team to beat these guys would be

Vulcan and Adam Warlock, I like this team up(i made a fight like this recently.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users