• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:51 AM

my team:
Goku
Vegeta
Piccolo

saw that coming... also, wasn't there a rule about street level characters?

#42 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:55 PM

aside from that, most people have at least 1 character in their lists that is not street level.

to list them:
Alexander Anderson
Karate Kid
Scorpion
Itachi Uchiha
Gin Ichimaru
Absorbing Man

Hey now, that's not fair. I very clearly explained why Absorbing Man is street level, and I dare anyone to disagree with me! :(

In all seriousness though, you might want to make your own definition for "street level" just so everyone's on the same page, as that can be a very vague descriptor.

#43 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:34 PM

*SNIP*

Alright, as I said it's debatable if their on street level. I do not follow comics very closely, and so I get lost on the different tiers of certain characters. I've always considered street level to encompass everyone from so called "peak humans" to people who are in Spiderman's ball park power level. The way I've seen it guys like [/b]Spiderman and Dante (who I put around the same strength and physical ability) are street level[/b], but their the top street levelers. Anything above them goes beyond that. Now I know people have given me some reasons why Captain America and Wolverine aren't street level, but no one has really helped me, with a good definition of what a street level character is, to understand what makes a street level and what doesn't.

*SNIP*

Dante's strength outclasses Spiderman's 10 ton strength. The feat of his being able to withstand the False Savior's blow with his brute strength and then pushing it aside with visibly NO EFFORT leads me to believe that Dante may very well be in the 100 ton class. Not to mention his durability feats as well as his regeneration abilities, consisting of being impaled by his own sword and other enemies' weaponry and sill be able to move around and regenerate from severe damage as that. Dante 's got a weapon that basically allows him to slow time down, giving him an advantage in the speed department, though his own speed and reflexes aren't shabby, being able to literally dodge gunfire and ride missiles. He's also got insane accuracy with his weapons, where some might say he's better than the likes of Bulleyes, being able to shoot bullets of out the air with his own. Not only that but Devil Trigger? Obviously, that boosts all of his physical attributes to higher levels and that's not taking in account the weaponry Dante's got stashed.

Dante is not, by any means, a Street leveler. The same can be said for Vergil with his dimension cutting sword... and he's pretty damn similar to Dante after all.

Nero, eh, his Devil Bringer is a major powerhouse, and he, in my opinion, is the weakest out of the three, but by no means is he a street leveler.

Again, a definition of a top tier street leveler would be along the lines of Luke Cage, Spider Man, etc.

Anything below them, is obviously lower tier street levelers.

#44 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:40 PM

Dante is not, by any means, a Street leveler. The same can be said for Vergil with his dimension cutting sword... and he's pretty damn similar to Dante after all.

Nero, eh, his Devil Bringer is a major powerhouse, and he, in my opinion, is the weakest out of the three, but by no means is he a street leveler.

Again, a definition of a top tier street leveler would be along the lines of Luke Cage, Spider Man, etc.

Anything below them, is obviously lower tier street levelers.

Thank you for that. Now, I will admit that recently I've been re-thinking my estimation of Dante as a street level character, but I haven't had anyone knowledgeable actually explain it to me.

#45 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:41 PM

No problem, mate.

Also, I don't mean to sound condescending in that post but you know, sometimes its unavoidable. -.-

#46 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:40 PM

Wouldn't say Spider-man was street level either, myself, but that's just me. Wolverine would be where I'd put the absolute limit on street level.

#47 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:42 PM

Wouldn't say Spider-man was street level either, myself, but that's just me. Wolverine would be where I'd put the absolute limit on street level.

So the next question I have, what's the next level? After Street, I know there's City level, but is there a level for characters in that (to some) gray area, like for example Spiderman?

#48 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:29 PM

So the next question I have, what's the next level? After Street, I know there's City level, but is there a level for characters in that (to some) gray area, like for example Spiderman?

The terms I've used and have seen used most often are street level, top tier, and cosmic.

Not really clearly defined or conclusive. *shrugs*

Obviously there should be at least a "mid tier" in between top tier and street level.

Perhaps someone should come up with official CBUB classifications, that way everyone can just refer to those and be on the same page.

#49 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:34 PM

The terms I've used and have seen used most often are street level, top tier, and cosmic.

Not really clearly defined or conclusive. *shrugs*

Obviously there should be at least a "mid tier" in between top tier and street level.

Perhaps someone should come up with official CBUB classifications, that way everyone can just refer to those and be on the same page.

I've heard City (buster) and Planet (buster) levels, and the way I always saw it was Street Level, City (Buster I.E Ironman, Hulk), Planet (Buster I.E Goku, Superman), Cosmic.

#50 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:46 PM

When I used to do CBUB, it was always street level, lower mid tier, upper mid tier, top tier and cosmic.

#51 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:54 PM

When I used to do CBUB, it was always street level, lower mid tier, upper mid tier, top tier and cosmic.

Sounds good to me, we just need actual definitions for them now.

#52 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:30 PM

Sounds good to me, we just need actual definitions for them now.

Street: Skilled humans to weaker superhumans (Weaker superhumans includes comic book peak humans like Batman and Captain America. If those guys existed in the real world they would be outright superhuman). Examples include Batman, Wolverine, Black Panther.

Lower mid: Not the strongest, but they're markedly above street level. Spider-man and most of his villains, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Black Canary.

Upper mid: Powerful characters, though they aren't of a real global scale. Iron Man, Aquaman, Namor.

Top Tier: The powerhouses, the kind of characters that leave their team-mates in awe of their power. Superman, Hulk, Thor, Dragonball Z characters.

Cosmic: Everything above that, the weakest being extremely capable Green Lanterns and Heralds of Galactus.

Of course, this isn't solid. Just because someone is top tier does not mean someone from a lower tier is automatically going to lose to them.

#53 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:44 PM

so far, the following people have proven that they are either idiots, or just have severe trouble Reading or Understanding english:

I_KNOW_ALL
Hayesmeister5651
God-Speed_88
bigballerju
Falcon
Corvette1710
comic_book_fan

the initial post of this thread said: "post your team and explain how they could defeat mine, i'll then try to respond with a counter."

also: "Note: this is a way to get some discussions going, and through that, show people what some of the various characters are actually capable of."

how exactly are people getting an idea of what characters are capable of, with just random lists of characters?

aside from that, most people have at least 1 character in their lists that is not street level.

to list them:
Alexander Anderson
Karate Kid
Scorpion
Itachi Uchiha
Gin Ichimaru
Absorbing Man

for those that have trouble understanding diffcult words as 'explain', here is a little help for you:

"explain (ɪkˈspleɪn)

—vb
1. (when tr, may take a clause as object) to make (something) comprehensible, esp by giving a clear and detailed account of the relevant structure, operation, surrounding circumstances, etc
2. (tr) to justify or attempt to justify (oneself) by giving reasons for one's actions or words"

quote from http://dictionary.reference.com/

I don't think you read my post, I said when I posted a "Beat My Team" you posted your team and didn't say anything, even though I said give a reason how you can beat them, so I did it to you, and clearly said the floor is yours sir

#54 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:01 AM

I don't think you read my post, I said when I posted a "Beat My Team" you posted your team and didn't say anything, even though I said give a reason how you can beat them, so I did it to you, and clearly said the floor is yours sir

actually, no, in your own thread, you didn't ask for an explanation. you simply said that people could only use Strength and Durability.

I saw a thread like this so I wanted to post my own. My team is Lobo, Doomsday, Classic Juggernaut the thing is you can only use people that rely on strength and durability alone but if you want to use Superman or Thor they can only use strength no flight, or any other abilities.

in response to that, i posted a team able to beat yours using pure strength and durability.

your post in This thread on the other hand, clearly didn't go with the guidelines given in the initial post.

#55 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:26 AM

actually, no, in your own thread, you didn't ask for an explanation. you simply said that people could only use Strength and Durability.

in response to that, i posted a team able to beat yours using pure strength and durability.

your post in This thread on the other hand, clearly didn't go with the guidelines given in the initial post.

That was an error on my part, but you still don't have to be a dick all the time

#56 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:13 AM

That was an error on my part, but you still don't have to be a dick all the time

i am only, as you say, "a dick", when i have a reason to be.

#57 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:21 AM

3 rules for the teams:
1. only street level characters.
2. no power mimics.

post your team and explain how they could defeat mine, i'll then try to respond with a counter.

My team:
Backlash(DC earth-50)
Adam X
Dark Claw

Note: this is a way to get some discussions going, and through that, show people what some of the various characters are actually capable of.

backlash vs grifter this fight has happened countless times in the comics it could go either way it's a toss up.

adam x iam not sure i would consider him street level he took down all of x-force by himself in just a few seconds.
that being said spiderman could probably avoid his attacks to draw blood then knock him out when adam was tired.

darkclaw just beats wolverine but then grifter and spidey team up on him.

#58 God-Speed_88

God-Speed_88

The Humanoid Typhoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:13 PM

so far, the following people have proven that they are either idiots, or just have severe trouble Reading or Understanding english:

I_KNOW_ALL
Hayesmeister5651
God-Speed_88
bigballerju
Falcon
Corvette1710
comic_book_fan

the initial post of this thread said: "post your team and explain how they could defeat mine, i'll then try to respond with a counter."

also: "Note: this is a way to get some discussions going, and through that, show people what some of the various characters are actually capable of."

how exactly are people getting an idea of what characters are capable of, with just random lists of characters?

to list them:
Alexander Anderson
Karate Kid
Scorpion
Itachi Uchiha
Gin Ichimaru
Absorbing Man

for those that have trouble understanding diffcult words as 'explain', here is a little help for you:

"explain (ɪkˈspleɪn)

—vb
1. (when tr, may take a clause as object) to make (something) comprehensible, esp by giving a clear and detailed account of the relevant structure, operation, surrounding circumstances, etc
2. (tr) to justify or attempt to justify (oneself) by giving reasons for one's actions or words"

quote from http://dictionary.reference.com/

:(

Shove your thread up your a*se

#59 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:22 PM

:(

Shove your thread up your a*se

what? can't handle when people point out your obvious trouble with understanding the english language?

i even gave you a link you can use to overcome your problem. :(

if the problem was Not, that you have trouble understanding english, then the only reasonable explanation is 1. that you have trouble Reading english, but since we're on an english based text forum, i doubt that it's it. or 2. you're stupid enough that you don't read the first post to actually find out what the thread is all about.

if there's another explanation, i'd be happy to hear it.

i've pointed out Exactly why i think you(and the others i listed) are either idiots/mentally challenged, or have trouble understanding and/or reading english.

if i'm wrong, then point out Why. to use a word i've used before, Explain why i'm wrong(since i've shared what the word actually means i have no trouble using it again :( )

#60 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:38 PM

what? can't handle when people point out your obvious trouble with understanding the english language?

i even gave you a link you can use to overcome your problem. :(

if the problem was Not, that you have trouble understanding english, then the only reasonable explanation is 1. that you have trouble Reading english, but since we're on an english based text forum, i doubt that it's it. or 2. you're stupid enough that you don't read the first post to actually find out what the thread is all about.

if there's another explanation, i'd be happy to hear it.

i've pointed out Exactly why i think you(and the others i listed) are either idiots/mentally challenged, or have trouble understanding and/or reading english.

if i'm wrong, then point out Why. to use a word i've used before, Explain why i'm wrong(since i've shared what the word actually means i have no trouble using it again :( )

Its not that people can't understand English, they choose to ignore what you say, no one is going to listen to what you have to say when you get butt hurt and start insulting people, you pride yourself on being a debater when half the time you don't reply to what people challenge you with, so chill out, take a pill, and relax

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users