71 replies to this topic

#21 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:59 PM

Green Lantern, Magneto, Rogue are definitely on a Superman level for sure. Flash is to because of the speed force.

Lets put it like this.

Street Level are characters who can't break a mountain with one punch or something
like that. LOL

By the way I think my team of Deathstroke, Deadpool, and Scorpion from Mortal Kombat would be the best team ever.

They are so deadly and good that they would never lose.

Magneto and Rogue are not on Superman's level, no where close to it.

No, Street Level characters could be someone like Captain America to someone that's barely Street Level, an example could be Master Chief.

#22 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:42 PM

By the way I think my team of Deathstroke, Deadpool, and Scorpion from Mortal Kombat would be the best team ever.

They are so deadly and good that they would never lose.

Oh my team could beat 'em, easy
Posted Image
(Street level? Debatable, but let's not get into it because I just wanted to post this team)

#23 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:07 PM

This video shows Mortal Kombat 9 will bring glory back to Scorpion and show why he is the best.

#24 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:53 PM

This video shows Mortal Kombat 9 will bring glory back to Scorpion and show why he is the best.

Again, he has nothing on
Dante:

Vergil: http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Or Nero: http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Also, just for fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsbrwIvDKIE

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#25 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:15 AM

however, neither Dante, Vergil or Nero are streetlevel characters, thus they shouldn't be in this thread and your post is completely irrelevant.

#26 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:18 AM

Exactly those demon hunters could kick the a** of a lot of superheroes who are up there
in power.

#27 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:28 AM

Sage, deathstroke and longshot. THE END. i win. I mean who can top that

sage could come up with her own strategy to take them down and with deathstroke they could easily win. and long shot could finish anyone else. his luck manipulation powers would make him almost unbeatable. Plus sage and deathstrokes fighting abilites would top most anyone. so even one on one they are all equally dangerous

#28 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:00 PM

so far, the following people have proven that they are either idiots, or just have severe trouble Reading or Understanding english:

I_KNOW_ALL
Hayesmeister5651
God-Speed_88
bigballerju
Falcon
Corvette1710
comic_book_fan

the initial post of this thread said: "post your team and explain how they could defeat mine, i'll then try to respond with a counter."

also: "Note: this is a way to get some discussions going, and through that, show people what some of the various characters are actually capable of."

how exactly are people getting an idea of what characters are capable of, with just random lists of characters?

aside from that, most people have at least 1 character in their lists that is not street level.

to list them:
Alexander Anderson
Karate Kid
Scorpion
Itachi Uchiha
Gin Ichimaru
Absorbing Man

for those that have trouble understanding diffcult words as 'explain', here is a little help for you:

"explain (ɪkˈspleɪn)

—vb
1. (when tr, may take a clause as object) to make (something) comprehensible, esp by giving a clear and detailed account of the relevant structure, operation, surrounding circumstances, etc
2. (tr) to justify or attempt to justify (oneself) by giving reasons for one's actions or words"

quote from http://dictionary.reference.com/

#29 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:26 PM

ok so what about my team compared to yours? since i abided by the rules

#30 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:42 PM

Sage, deathstroke and longshot. THE END. i win. I mean who can top that

sage could come up with her own strategy to take them down and with deathstroke they could easily win. and long shot could finish anyone else. his luck manipulation powers would make him almost unbeatable. Plus sage and deathstrokes fighting abilites would top most anyone. so even one on one they are all equally dangerous

Sage could easily be taken down by Dark Claw who is a superior strategist and tactician, as well as a Far superior martial artist.
Deathstroke is simply no match for Backlash who has taken down fighters far more skilled.

once the two heavy hitters on your team are down, Longshot isn't that hard to take out, all they need to do is a glancing hit.

as soon as they make an opponent bleed, even a single drop of blood, he's dead.

Dark Claw has All the combined powers, skills, abilities and experience, of Batman and Wolverine.

Backlash is one of THE top martial artists in the DC universe, he has 3000 years of experience. his durabiilty is good enough to repel bullets from small firearms(though armor piercing bullets will damage him). as a final thing he can transform himself into mist(and back), and transforming into mist removes all his injuries.

Backlash is the Only martial artist in DC, who comes close to defeating Zealot in hand to hand combat(to give a comparison, Zealot easily defeated Midnighter, who is approximately equal to Deathstroke in skills, but with better physical stats).

Adam X, who is kinda the weak spot in my team, has Peak human strength. his Reflexes and Agility are 10 times better than Peak Human. not really much, i know. but his ace in the hole, is the power to spontanously combust peoples blood. ie. as long as they bleed even a single drop of blood, he can completely incinerate them in a matter of seconds. a nifty guy to have on the team, when one of the other guys on the team uses Claws as his main attack.

Longshot is the hardest one on your team, due to his luck powers, but even luck eventually runs out.

#31 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:52 PM

ok but wolverine and batman put together isnt equal to deathstroke as far as a being strategic. and with sage and him being able to record how people fight darkclaw couldnt be THAT big of a threat. longshots luck doesnt run out PLUS he is a great fighter. backlash is a great great great fighter but have two people with strategic powers like that would really help my team. plus she has been shown to be a telepath too so that could help also. and as far as adam x i dont have much to say about him but if he happens to fight deathstroke then he would finish him off quickly to take him out. but i could see our teams being a tie.

#32 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:06 PM

ok but wolverine and batman put together isnt equal to deathstroke as far as a being strategic. and with sage and him being able to record how people fight darkclaw couldnt be THAT big of a threat. longshots luck doesnt run out PLUS he is a great fighter. backlash is a great great great fighter but have two people with strategic powers like that would really help my team. plus she has been shown to be a telepath too so that could help also. and as far as adam x i dont have much to say about him but if he happens to fight deathstroke then he would finish him off quickly to take him out. but i could see our teams being a tie.

1. no, Sage is not a telepath. she shut down her telepathic powers. on the other hand she is completely immune to telepathy.

2. they don't have Time to record how they fight.

3. Deathstroke is slightly superior to Dark Claw as a tactician and strategist, but Backlash is far superior to Sage in Strategy/Tactics. 3000 years of experience will do that to a guy.

4. Adam X's only role on the team is to incinerate people that Dark Claw and Backlash makes bleed, he will be spending the fight basically 'running away', which his Reflexes(that are better than Deathstrokes) and Agility are perfect for. especially since Dark Claw and Backlash are more than capable of keeping the opponents busy.

#33 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:19 PM

1. no, Sage is not a telepath. she shut down her telepathic powers. on the other hand she is completely immune to telepathy.

2. they don't have Time to record how they fight.

3. Deathstroke is slightly superior to Dark Claw as a tactician and strategist, but Backlash is far superior to Sage in Strategy/Tactics. 3000 years of experience will do that to a guy.

4. Adam X's only role on the team is to incinerate people that Dark Claw and Backlash makes bleed, he will be spending the fight basically 'running away', which his Reflexes(that are better than Deathstrokes) and Agility are perfect for. especially since Dark Claw and Backlash are more than capable of keeping the opponents busy.

ok well if this is basically a fight between sage longshot and deathstroke aginst dark claw and backlash while adamx sits on the sideline then i have to say sage and deathstroke would take out dark claw quickly and help longshot with backlash which against all three im giving him 30 seconds MAX and then all of them against adam x i will give him a max 10 seconds.

#34 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:38 PM

Forgive me if this post comes across as asshole-ish. I'm kinda annoyed today and that might leak through in the way I post. I'll try to keep things civil because these other things have nothing to do with anything going on here.

however, neither Dante, Vergil or Nero are streetlevel characters, thus they shouldn't be in this thread and your post is completely irrelevant.

Alright, as I said it's debatable if their on street level. I do not follow comics very closely, and so I get lost on the different tiers of certain characters. I've always considered street level to encompass everyone from so called "peak humans" to people who are in Spiderman's ball park power level. The way I've seen it guys like Spiderman and Dante (who I put around the same strength and physical ability) are street level, but their the top street levelers. Anything above them goes beyond that. Now I know people have given me some reasons why Captain America and Wolverine aren't street level, but no one has really helped me, with a good definition of what a street level character is, to understand what makes a street level and what doesn't.

Exactly those demon hunters could kick the a** of a lot of superheroes who are up there
in power.

Don't just tag on to what he said. I mean really, I posted my team then you posted - what appeared to be - a response to my team with that video and then I posted back. If you thought my team was too powerful originally why are you just bringing it up after someone else did?

Now one last bone I have to pick about this "this guy is street level, this guy isn't and shouldn't be here," not just in response to my post but to a few others, is that we have two threads currently up. 1 is street level (which I've always thought meant anyone from Batman to Spiderman) and the other is high powered. Look at the characters in each of these threads, and there's a huge gap leaving out people who are (at least to me) in that grey area in between what is and isn't a street level character.

#35 Hugo Fowl

Hugo Fowl

I am One with the Ferret.

• Members
  • 7,162 posts
  • Interests:Discworld, Hellsing, Kingdom Hearts, writing, RP's, drama, etc.

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:59 PM

Taskmaster

Boba Fett

Sniper Wolf

#36 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • Interests:Writing,Video games,Sports,women.

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:09 PM

My team:

Black Panther(before Doomwars)

Iron Fist

Elektra

and Cable.

#37 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:25 PM

ok well if this is basically a fight between sage longshot and deathstroke aginst dark claw and backlash while adamx sits on the sideline then i have to say sage and deathstroke would take out dark claw quickly and help longshot with backlash which against all three im giving him 30 seconds MAX and then all of them against adam x i will give him a max 10 seconds.

so you're saying that your team could go up against Dark Claw and Backlash, without getting even a tiny scratch? because that's what they need to do to win.

not likely.

#38 Dark Ranger X

Dark Ranger X

Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant shooter person!

• Moderators
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:42 AM

Alex Kidd

Wonder Boy

Kimberly the first pink ranger with no morpher or ranger powers.

Yeah, beat that uber team.

#39 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:21 AM

Wonder Boy

How can he be street level? He has the power... to move you.

(Yes, I'm aware this is a different Wonder Boy, heh.)

#40 The Dark Prince

The Dark Prince

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:44 AM

[quote name='sirmethos' date='Feb 8 2011, 06:55 PM' post='166972']
3 rules for the teams:
1. only street level characters.
2. no power mimics.

post your team and explain how they could defeat mine, i'll then try to respond with a counter.

My team:
Backlash(DC earth-50)
Adam X
Dark Claw

my team:
Goku
Vegeta
Piccolo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users