Photo

Need a Leader

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 I_KNOW_ALL

I_KNOW_ALL

The lovechild of Master Roshi and Majin Buu.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • Interests:Figgin Anime!, Gaming, and Music.

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:29 PM

But...he grew up in a timeline where everyday could be your last, he fought the androids who were wayyyy stronger then he was and managed to live, and his time with Goku and everybody added to his xp. Gohan would have made a great leader if Piccolo kept training him after Cell Saga, but Akira decided to make my favorite character lame, then I got hope of redemption when he was Ultimate Gohan, but that lasted like four episodes <_<

For leaders other then DBZ......I would suggest Master Chief but he has no charisma, he is probably a better soldier then leader.
Marcus Fenix from Gears of War is a great leader, he leads the few remaining COGs against the Locust, and his great thinking has pulled them out of crazy situations.

The androids toyed with him. Several time they left him for dead and just walked away.

#42 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:35 PM

I suggest Naruto and Luffy. One will become Hokage, the other will become King of the Pirates.

#43 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:11 PM

Just to chime in on the discussion of Future Trunks as a leader. I think that Future Gohan would make a far better leader than he would. The best Trunks to go with would probably be the one from the main timeline after he grows up, so like GT Trunks.

#44 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:34 PM

Just to chime in on the discussion of Future Trunks as a leader. I think that Future Gohan would make a far better leader than he would. The best Trunks to go with would probably be the one from the main timeline after he grows up, so like GT Trunks.

The problem with GT Trunks is he was lazy, and didn't want to do his job. I respect Future Trunks a helluva lot more.

#45 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:37 PM

The problem with GT Trunks is he was lazy, and didn't want to do his job. I respect Future Trunks a helluva lot more.

I'm just saying from an experience standpoint, and the fact that he was raised by Vegeta so he knows what makes a strong leader. But your right about the lazy part, although I'm sure you could count on him in a pinch.

#46 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:41 PM

I'm just saying from an experience standpoint, and the fact that he was raised by Vegeta so he knows what makes a strong leader. But your right about the lazy part, although I'm sure you could count on him in a pinch.

Yeah. And he did do all right when he was with Goku and Pan.

#47 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:10 PM

The androids toyed with him. Several time they left him for dead and just walked away.

True, but he was strong enough to take the damage, come to think of it what do you think of Tien being a leader

#48 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:17 PM

True, but he was strong enough to take the damage, come to think of it what do you think of Tien being a leader

Tien is a great guy. I really like Tien. But no. Never a leader. He's way too shy.

#49 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:19 PM

Tien is a great guy. I really like Tien. But no. Never a leader. He's way too shy.

Tien has a few attributes that make a good leader, but he's pretty much just a body guard. In a two man group he could maybe pull it off, but otherwise someone else needs to be in charge.

#50 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:10 AM

i say professor x he taught cyclops all he knows about strategy and has shown that he knows when to be diplomatic
and he knows when to kick some ass .

#51 Kinetic War

Kinetic War

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • Interests:This article is too long. Consider splitting it into separate articles.

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:12 PM

Leaders are almost exclusively self-absorbed, power-hungry misanthropes with an inferiority complex they can only cope with by projecting their own doubts and fears on their followers, who in turn are immature, emotionally empty yes-men with limited self-awareness and no ability to handle the consequences of their own actions unless they can conveniently shift the blame on someone else. Down with hierarchies! Anarchy forever!

Seriously though, this issue cannot be dealt with until the exact nature of the mission at hand is specified. Needless to say, a brilliant battle tactician shouldn't be the first choice for leader of a scientific expedition to an uninhabited area where the probability of combat is low, but the need for an organizer with unlimited patience, at least some scientific knowledge, as well as an eye for detail and patterns is high, unless the tactician possesses latter qualities as well. You wouldn't trust a football coach to monitor a group of computer technicians, would you? That is, unless the coach also happens to know computers pretty well, or the technicians suddenly decide to challenge the pesky customer service jerks to a game of football.

#52 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:14 PM

Cyclops is the best leader for a team in Marvel and many times its been said that he may very well be better then Captain America. Cyclops has all the qualities and more that are needed to be a leader.

Hell I think Steve Rogers even admitted himself Cyclops was better then him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users