69 replies to this topic

#41 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:21 PM

I really want to correct you on the Sentry WWHulk fight, but frankly I'm so tired of repeating myself on the issue(and no one listens) that I won't.

But on the other things you stated, you are correct. I agree wholeheartedly! But I must also go back to Marvel's writers stating as a fact that Hulk(in general) was the strongest character in the Marvel U. And DC also admitted Hulk was superior to Superman in strength, but they held on to the belief of Supermans other powers edging him in for the win.

Hulk has been effortlessly slapped aside by Thanos and an enraged Hulk has been physically restrained by Apocalypse.

Marvel's writers say that half a dozen characters are "the most powerful".

We currently have at least 4 or 5 "most powerful mutant alive"

Just like with the others, the statement that Hulk is "the strongest character in the Marvel U" is hyperbole.

As for Hulk being physically stronger than Superman.

Potentially, yes. On an average, no.

Hulk(in any incarnation) has no feats of strength that Superman has not easily topped.

And I know that WWH transformed back to Hulk again a few seconds after the fight with Sentry, but the fact is that they both reverted to their human forms.

#42 Artemis Entreri

Artemis Entreri

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:36 PM

Hulk has been effortlessly slapped aside by Thanos and an enraged Hulk has been physically restrained by Apocalypse.

Marvel's writers say that half a dozen characters are "the most powerful".

We currently have at least 4 or 5 "most powerful mutant alive"

Just like with the others, the statement that Hulk is "the strongest character in the Marvel U" is hyperbole.

As for Hulk being physically stronger than Superman.

Potentially, yes. On an average, no.

Hulk(in any incarnation) has no feats of strength that Superman has not easily topped.

And I know that WWH transformed back to Hulk again a few seconds after the fight with Sentry, but the fact is that they both reverted to their human forms.

Again I agree with most of your statements(except the Sentry reference... I'll go there another time). But Hyperbole? Not hardly. Hulk has alway been marvels strongest character in terms of pure strength. It's the only power he has really. To take that ability of being the "Strongest" from him would destroy him a plausible character. Yes, he's lost and others have strength feats comparible to his, but that does not discount the fact that Hulk can do virtually any and all Strength feats in the comics. And to cement this fact the creators and writers at Marvel gave Hulk a ex deus machina... "The madder Hulk gets... the Stronger Hulk gets..." basically saying that if he can't lift it now... just wait!

In turn if Superman never was exposed to the yellow sun of earth would he still be Superman. No, the writer wrote the character into his abilities.... Same with Hulk, it's not hyperbole.

#43 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:08 PM

Bruce Banner stated Skaar as well could kill World War Hulk.

By the way why do people separate World War Hulk from World Breaker Hulk ?

There the same......

Don't people know that World Breaker is what Hulk is called in the comics.

LOL World War Hulk is just the name of the comic.

I just thought I would mention it because alot of people seem to act like there different
when he is brought up.

#44 Artemis Entreri

Artemis Entreri

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:25 PM

Bruce Banner stated Skaar as well could kill World War Hulk.

By the way why do people separate World War Hulk from World Breaker Hulk ?

There the same......

Don't people know that World Breaker is what Hulk is called in the comics.

LOL World War Hulk is just the name of the comic.

I just thought I would mention it because alot of people seem to act like there different
when he is brought up.

Yeah but when people talk of the World Breaker Hulk, they are speaking of the evolution WW Hulk made after his fight with Sentry. Meik, along with Rick's death, brought out a new incarnation of the Hulk people call the World Breaker. Essentially an even stronger version of WW Hulk.

Personally, I don't believe the World Breaker Hulk evolution came after the Sentry fight but during, as I eluded to Sirmethos. My theory is that while Hulk battled, (now this is an important fact...) his "best friend" Sentry, he evolved into World Breaker forcing Sentry to revert back into Reynolds.

Being best friends, and with the fact that WW Hulk could revert back to Bruce whenever he so chose (As seen with Caiera. And he also did it to fool Dr, Strange breaking his hands,) he turned back to Bruce in order not to hit Reynolds as Hulk. Sentry begged Hulk to stop him. The power consumed him and made him crazy. Still the fight was soooo intense as to make Hulk level up.

So with that said, when Meik exposed his treachery Bruce revert back to the new Hulk... World Breaker Hulk and began to shake the eastern seaboard with but a small step!

#45 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:55 PM

I've got a character that fights and defeats WWHulk without to much trouble at all. Adult Superboy-Prime and Monarch.

#46 Artemis Entreri

Artemis Entreri

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:12 AM

Facepalm!

#47 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:37 PM

Yeah but when people talk of the World Breaker Hulk, they are speaking of the evolution WW Hulk made after his fight with Sentry. Meik, along with Rick's death, brought out a new incarnation of the Hulk people call the World Breaker. Essentially an even stronger version of WW Hulk.

Personally, I don't believe the World Breaker Hulk evolution came after the Sentry fight but during, as I eluded to Sirmethos. My theory is that while Hulk battled, (now this is an important fact...) his "best friend" Sentry, he evolved into World Breaker forcing Sentry to revert back into Reynolds.

Being best friends, and with the fact that WW Hulk could revert back to Bruce whenever he so chose (As seen with Caiera. And he also did it to fool Dr, Strange breaking his hands,) he turned back to Bruce in order not to hit Reynolds as Hulk. Sentry begged Hulk to stop him. The power consumed him and made him crazy. Still the fight was soooo intense as to make Hulk level up.

So with that said, when Meik exposed his treachery Bruce revert back to the new Hulk... World Breaker Hulk and began to shake the eastern seaboard with but a small step!

I looked up World Breaker on Marvel and nothing came up.

I never got before why people did that so thanks for explaining it.

#48 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:45 PM

Facepalm!

Either SBP or Monarch can do it. Both have shown Superior strength to anything ever shown by WWHulk. Yes in a pure brawl they could take him.

#49 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:06 PM

Either SBP or Monarch can do it. Both have shown Superior strength to anything ever shown by WWHulk. Yes in a pure brawl they could take him.

True, Superboy-Prime is stated as being, physically, the most powerful being in the DC mainstream universe.

#50 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:10 PM

True, Superboy-Prime is stated as being, physically, the most powerful being in the DC mainstream universe.

I agree I mean damn how many Universes did his rampage in 52 for his perfect Earth go through?

LOL

#51 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:56 PM

True sbp is the most power being in dc(so what is monarch) but when hulk is already at his strongest carnation to date fighting someone that much faster would just piss him off more. And that stage not much damge was being done to him that he couldn't shrug off in seconds so I believe if modern superman was able to hang with him for a little while then I'm pretty damn sure ww hulk can also seeing that ww hulk is STRONGER than supes at that point.
So my math is modern supes as able to go toe to toe with sbp for a while. Hulk is greater in strength to modern supes at that level. So if supes can hang why not hulk?
Ww hulk> modern supes
Modern supes< sbp
Ww hulk<sbp
World breaker hulk=sbp.

#52 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:58 PM

True sbp is the most power being in dc(so what is monarch) but when hulk is already at his strongest carnation to date fighting someone that much faster would just piss him off more. And that stage not much damge was being done to him that he couldn't shrug off in seconds so I believe if modern superman was able to hang with him for a little while then I'm pretty damn sure ww hulk can also seeing that ww hulk is STRONGER than supes at that point.
So my math is modern supes as able to go toe to toe with sbp for a while. Hulk is greater in strength to modern supes at that level. So if supes can hang why not hulk?
Ww hulk> modern supes
Modern supes< sbp
Ww hulk<sbp
World breaker hulk=sbp.

Not quite.

World Breaker < SBP

Both have potentially unlimited strength and SBP has a higher base level.

#53 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:23 AM

Not quite.

World Breaker < SBP

Both have potentially unlimited strength and SBP has a higher base level.

I mean really at that point what is the base of sbp or world breaker hulk. Even if his base is 50billion tons supes was able to go toe to toe so yeah I think he has a chance especailly if world war hulk is already greater than supes so if he is up ANOTHER level then nah I don't think its that easy I think that that makes them equal and the theory kind of proves that.
Hulk<supes
Maestro=(more or less)supes
World war hulk>supes
World breaker hulk>(x 10)supes
Wrold breaker hulk=sbp

Supes was able to hang with sbp for a while which leads me to believe he must be a max 3 times stronger than supes
So if ww hulk is stronger than supes then what is world breaker then? He has to be at max maybe 3 times stronger than supes also with potential to be higher. Let me know if my therory doesn't make sense because it seems pretty sound to me.(Not being funny because I honestly want to know if my therory is sound).

#54 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:30 AM

I mean really at that point what is the base of sbp or world breaker hulk. Even if his base is 50billion tons supes was able to go toe to toe so yeah I think he has a chance especailly if world war hulk is already greater than supes so if he is up ANOTHER level then nah I don't think its that easy I think that that makes them equal and the theory kind of proves that.
Hulk<supes
Maestro=(more or less)supes
World war hulk>supes
World breaker hulk>(x 10)supes
Wrold breaker hulk=sbp

Supes was able to hang with sbp for a while which leads me to believe he must be a max 3 times stronger than supes
So if ww hulk is stronger than supes then what is world breaker then? He has to be at max maybe 3 times stronger than supes also with potential to be higher. Let me know if my therory doesn't make sense because it seems pretty sound to me.(Not being funny because I honestly want to know if my therory is sound).

Superboy-Prime is a lot more than 3 times stronger than standard Superman.

SBP is stated as being equal to Pre-Crisis Superman(as Base) and Pre-Crisis Superman was the one that juggled galaxies and sneezes away solar systems.

And Maestro is only about 2-3 times as strong as the regular Hulk.

#55 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:34 AM

With Monarch, he shrugged off Superboy Primes attacks. He got confident and Prime was able to rip off a concealment plate. The result was the destruction of an entire universe. So even if the Hulks does that he loses because he dies. Energy doesnt disappear. Energy can only be transfered. SO Monarch would still be alive but would have to gether his energy which could take a long time.

#56 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:34 AM

Theres not weight in space, so supermans planet-(or whatever)moving feats are irrelevant. WWH is stronger, and would keep getting strong, so he would eventually beat superman.

#57 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:43 AM

Theres not weight in space, so supermans planet-(or whatever)moving feats are irrelevant. WWH is stronger, and would keep getting strong, so he would eventually beat superman.

You seem to forget that Superman continually gets stronger as well.

And that, just like Hulk, Superman has no upper limit.

With a simple sun dip lasting only a few minutes, he approximately doubled his, already considerable, power and keeping his speed in mind, he could easily make it to the sun and back, in between punches.

#58 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:36 AM

WWH beats Superman. Can Superman destroy a planet by walking!!!! No! Superman would give a good fight, but lose. And where does it say he can make it to the sun and back in-between punches?

#59 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:48 AM

WWH beats Superman. Can Superman destroy a planet by walking!!!! No! Superman would give a good fight, but lose. And where does it say he can make it to the sun and back in-between punches?

Where does it say?

In almost every major fight in a Superman comic he has pulled that off.

Who can destroy a Earth just by walking?

Superman can be just as powerful as WW Hulk and even more if he sun dips.

#60 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:27 AM

Lets address Skadoosh first.

The Planet pulling feat would require an immense amount of power. Why? Because whether there is gravity or not, in order to move an object of that size it would require a force of equal or greater amount to move it from its orbit from around the sun. So in essence he moved the planets using strength. He had to exert enough force to displace the planets from there orbit.

Now on to thanosisawesome

Supes has never destroyed a planet by walking because unlike hulk he has control over his powers. On the other hand he has flown from Earth to Saturn, destroyed a moon close to Earth's size and returned in under 3 minutes. Also about the sun thing. As long as he is in the sun he is given more power. Also being able to move FTL Supes could travel back and forth multiple times between punches.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users